The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All mail items deleted along with character

• Doilz
    Doilz
    Soul Shriven
    C'mon ZeniMax. It's sad enough I paid for your money making scam, now I lose all the items attatched to it! :'(
  • Koltes
    Koltes
    Soul Shriven
    Koltes wrote: »
    Devs already admitted that they should have been more specific about the items. They are working on it.

The thing is not that they shouldn't be more specific about the items, they should have designed the system different from the start. You get one vanity pet you have to put in the bank and swap around every time you change a character? Wtf kind of system is that?

You don't agree with them? Fair enough!
    But this is not the place to talk about it
    Whether they should or shouldn't have make those unique items easily multiplied by creation of another character should not be discussed in this forum, but in game mechanics threads. This has nothing to do with the technical issue that the way it WAS supposed to work it did not.

• Froznflames
    They tell you not to delete any characters without storing that...I've seen warnings everywhere about it, when I got the notification to start the early access, like 5 times in-game, and even signing into this forum for the first time.
  • Warfield
    Warfield
    They tell you not to delete any characters without storing that...I've seen warnings everywhere about it, when I got the notification to start the early access, like 5 times in-game, and even signing into this forum for the first time.

Those warnings didn't appear until after most of us encountered the issue. They added all that stuff throughout the day after the complaints started rolling in.

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add me to the list of "didn't realize that it was per account system" I mean... how does that even make sense? I thought the whole point of making shared bank, etc was to make having alts more convenient... and then you make vanity pets just one per account? does not compute. I didn't get my crab yet, but I did delete my beta monkey, becasue I redid a character :/ just... why?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Stigian
    Stigian
    Same here... Later i've noticed a system message in the main program. Just opened a ticket for support.
  • sypherforcekin
    Seriously, we dontt even get a stupid vanity pet for each character? So I have to trade it around when I feel like having it out on an alt? That seems really weird. Like it must be a bug, but isnt. I wouldve liked to go for a treasure hunt on each new alt too, harder and harder to justify that pre order
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really hope they fix this
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    its good to be a different email with items on its character we create. Thats the most logical thing to do! Each character is a different character and a different adventure.

BTW, I cannot transfer my 4 maps in the bank. They are bound in my bag. In my second character, i got an email that says : your items are attached in your characters (and I got them with a different character).. What that suppose to mean? That all my characters got the pet and the maps?
    Edited by Perseas on March 31, 2014 6:40AM
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your patience, guys. We're working on a solution :) In the meantime, please create and submit a ticket to Support so you can get yourself in their queue.

Thanks for letting us know :) at least it will be sorted out, not all of the items are "needed" to play the game ( for me at least. )
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    You don't agree with them? Fair enough!
    But this is not the place to talk about it
    Whether they should or shouldn't have make those unique items easily multiplied by creation of another character should not be discussed in this forum, but in game mechanics threads. This has nothing to do with the technical issue that the way it WAS supposed to work it did not.
    The entire CE & pre-order bonus items design IS a technical issue.

1. When ESO pre-order started, the Help & FAQ were DOWN. Zero information about this "one item" per account.
    2. Not all mail have warnings
    3. Not all mail specify one per account (yes I read them in Beta)
    4. At early access. Imperial and pre-orders item delivered by mistake
    5. The items don't even have something to prevent accidental selling or deletion. In fact, I have double check every item in the miscellaneous tab to not delete the monkey pet, everytime I'm getting rid of that "loot" with zero value.

To me it looks like it was specifically designed to fail.
  • soalrism
    soalrism
    ✭✭
    there is a big message when you open the launcher... how an you not know this?
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    soalrism wrote: »
    there is a big message when you open the launcher... how an you not know this?

1) It wasn't on the launcher when we all started the game today.

2) The message about treasure maps being character bound and not account bound STILL isn't on the launcher and even the devs didn't seem to understand this.

• Moedig
    Moedig
    This is how I see it:

Like many here I am used to the standard mechanics of a about 5+ other MMOs. I also am a driver and am used to the standard mechanics of multiple cars.

How I see it is we have driven toward a cliff in our shines new Zenimax car, presuming there are brakes. Zenimax decided to make the brakes a one time only thing, and we used them already getting out the showroom. We are now all hurtling off the cliff. However, when we bought this car Zenimax did say in very small print in the terms and conditions the brakes only worked once.

So who's fault is it we are hurtling off a cliff in our new soon-to-be blown up car?

Ours for presuming standard mechanisms would be followed as experienced OR theirs for changing standard mechanisms and not telling us INCREDIBLY CLEARLY.
  • Snugglefluff
    Like most things on launchers, the message seems to have been added some time after this had already become an issue for a lot of people, myself included.

This whole thing seems very poorly handled but lets hope it gets fixed.

As for caveat emptor, or letting the buyer beware, is not a valid defence in most courts of the EU, in keeping with a somewhat more restrictive legislation on the advertising of a product, especially a digital service. I'm sure this will get fixed but lets not pretend it's somehow the fault of an unwitting consumer, otherwise that's a slippery slope.
    Edited by Snugglefluff on March 31, 2014 8:05AM
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    I also created a character of the right race and class but wrong alliance. As soon as I realized it, I deleted him. But first I mailed all my stuff and gold to my wife over on her character (which was in the right alliance).

I am very glad that I did not download the attachments to the mail (since I was nowhere near a bank and didn't have space for so many pets and maps).

I did find a different bug.

The treasure map boxes appear to be CHARACTER BOUND. Unlike all the other pre-order bonuses you can't put them in the bank for other characters. And I got two copies of each so they are taking up a LOT of inventory space at this level.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs already admitted that they should have been more specific about the items. They are working on it.

The thing is not that they shouldn't be more specific about the items, they should have designed the system different from the start. You get one vanity pet you have to put in the bank and swap around every time you change a character? Wtf kind of system is that?

There's a reason all the other MMOs do it the better way (or at least all the MMOs I know). Every character gets the items.

Why they chose this way is beyond me, but we warned them and we sent them plenty of /feedback about it and they didn't listen. For some reason someone in charge thinks that items that have to be constantly traded among your characters if you want to use them is the better system.

Are you kidding me? People actually knew before launch that these items would only go to one character and were potentially permanently delete-able and told the company what an awful idea that was and they STILL didn't listen and launched this way? The mind boggles...

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Here's the thing that concerns me folks. Individuals have been getting reassured that they will get their items back from various low level CS employees. HOWEVER what the COMPANY has done is put out a warning telling you not to delete your character with the items OR THEY WILL BE LOST FOREVER. Legally, they have CYA'ed themselves and they have NOT said they will fix this issue. In fact, they have said EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. So until the company itself issues a statement saying they will fix this issue as a customer satisfaction issue I will continue to believe they are perfectly fine with giving the shaft to countless customers who made a simple mistake that would have never been an issue in any other game on the market. And so far, no one has had anything returned. Brace yourselves for the big middle finger folks.

Oh god...

This is what is written:
    Please ensure that you do not delete a character that has retrieved Imperial Edition or Standard Edition items out of the mail until you put the items in the bank. If you have accidentally deleted your Imperial Edition or Standard Edition items, please contact support: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    That's the way the message reads NOW. It was not the original wording. And it still stops far short of any promise to do anything about it.

You are less than 24 hours into the game. There are ALWAYS issues associated with MMO launches. Early access does not guarantee that you wont have issues. It just gives you an early access and all the "fun" stuff associated with it.

Now, lets be logical. Would devs *** you off and not give you your pixels back? What are they going to achieve apart from pissing off their customer? Of course you will get your items back man. Sit tight.

Also so you are aware, The Company is responsible for its employees while they are at work. If they made such statements then company WILL do accordingly. If employees made a mistake then its a company's problem like false advertisement and it still will have to do and act as promised. Their problem not yours.

Actually it's not unheard of to be told one thing by the first person you talk to and then something completely different as you are passed up the food chain. Until there is a definitive statement on the part of the company that they will do the right thing about this I am not about to cut them any slack.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• politrika
    politrika
    ESO Support, any news please? It's already been one day.
  • decovca
    decovca
    One day and still nothing.
  • njowoweb17_ESO
    yeahh the system ain't like wow...tho i am not that stupid to delete a toon with those items in pockets
  • Barebones
    Barebones
    i wonder if any of these items will be popping up on the free to pay store.. that would make this system make more sense, tho i think i'd prefer this be caused by stupidity rather than greed on zen's part
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    heres an easy solution, make them one per character like every other mmo pre order bonuses. if youre worried about people using the maps over and over again then just make the loot from the chests non deconstructable and worth 0 gold
  • Devlac
    Devlac
    I'm hoping Zen find a good way of dealing with this. I don't really blame them, since I feel kinda stupid about deleting my character right off the bat instead of making sure all was fine.

Send them a polite Customer Support mail and await the eventual fix. I'm sure they work to please and hope to help us out however they can. If there's anything needed of me to get this done, I'd be happy to help them out.

Good luck all fellow involvees! x)
  • Datamadness
    The tickets I put in for the items to be replaced have all been closed with no items replaced (via the in game mail). They just say "solved". So, the "put a ticket in" line from support yesterday does nothing, just like "the items would be replace soon" line from the phone CSR's. Looks like they are lost.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌: I contacted support, and I was told "If players have experienced this, we ask that they contact us at a later time". Perhaps don't tell people to contact support if they're just going to be told to try again later?
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    I got a reply on my ticket, yeah I was as dumb as others and now have to see what they reply on that. Hoping little that today when I log in all the nice little things ( that I haven't even needed yet. ) are back in the mail.

Of course I think that they will get this fixed, but in the end. It was problem in end user side and I am frankly only frustrated to my self and not to those that are fixing my phail moment.
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Rootz
    Rootz
    A day further, sending 3 emails and i still not have any reply or my items. This should have been sorted in beta and it's taking a *** that this need to take so long or a answer in the first place.
  • ESO_Maya
    ESO_Maya
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Admin: I never got the website help to work, just gets stuck on submitting. I sent an in game help ticket # 140330-032049, but never received any response, been over 24 hours. Could anyone at ZOS please check to see I'm in your queue to replace lost items. Thank You <3
  • weresloth
    weresloth
    ✭✭
    Personally, I didn't lose any item, because I was lucky enough to read some FAQ explaining how things worked.

But as soon as I read it some days ago, I thought a system designed like that was like begging for trouble.

I think it's perfectly normal and understandable to assume that this MMO would work like any other one around, where they either send you a mail with the bonus items attached each time you create a new toon, or they have some in-game chat command, like /claim, to redeem them again if they get accidentally deleted. Hadn't I fortuitously read that FAQ, I'd probably have done the same as most people posting in this thread.

So I really think you guys shouldn't feel dumb at all: this whole situation isn't your fault, but rather it's caused by poor design decisions on ZOS' part, and I think it's your right of paying customers to see your items restored.

I was glad to read that ZOS is working to a solution, but I still think it's unfortunate that at such a critical time for an MMO, like early access and launch undoubtedly are, support has to be overwhelmed by (perfectly legitimate) tickets that could have been avoided by just a bit of common sense.