Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How interested are you in playing tales of tribute (the card game)?

Heartrage
Heartrage
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that the card game has been revealed, it's time for a new poll!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 27, 2022 2:34AM

How interested are you in playing tales of tribute (the card game)? 737 votes

Really interested. I think i'll enjoy and play it a lot
8%
Hawkeyeadyreonb14_ESOtohopka_esogameswithaspoonAlarraCyberOnEsoDarkstornefreespiritpingpatb16_ESOJames-WayneVoidCommanderNettleCarrierstuartx13Sheridankip_silverwolfspoqsterkmfdmredspecter23Personofsecretsdogshaman 64 votes
Interested. I think I'll enjoy and play it for a while.
11%
CireousLostarCheveyoGedericDaveMoeDeeopajsarahvhoffb14_ESODominoidWhiteCoatSyndrometspecherb14_ESOVriendaKhenarthiguulDaiKahnDarkheartElvenheartThorgarBallermfrauLobotronLiedeke 84 votes
Neutral. I don't feel strongly and/or have mixed feeling about it.
16%
Nestortheskymoveschuck-18_ESOBlueRavenOthniel327JarndyceDysturbedAwesomestMattimno007b14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOSoldier224MultimonCoatmagicproprio.meb16_ESOphilips666_18b16_ESOGorakbrutakari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOYukon2112kojou 120 votes
Disinterested. I don't want to play it, I don't think I'll enjoy the game.
26%
nexxus_ESOKikazarulordxyrax_ESOSuddwrathGlassHalfFullEsha76DarcyMardinloaganb16_ESOninibinighost_bg_ESOIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOEpona222SilafKitLightningdanno8grefCuwenmertustasolidstate77ub17_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESO 193 votes
Really disinterested. I don't want to play it at all, I think I'll hate it.
33%
omegatay_ESOkoopsta0880_ESODimskivailjohn_ESOMoloch1514acastanza_ESOOakmontowls_ESOBelegnolecharliebcolossusxSCarverOrneRonin37LonePiratexaraanMaster_AlucarDArrodisiad.schaerb16_ESO2GythralGroufIselin 249 votes
Other. (please, precise your answer in the comments)
2%
ThorntongueFaulgortonne.backlinderb16_ESOwheresbesbiovitalb16_ESODMuehlhausenmerpinsDojohodafred4Inhuman003JaraalTroodon80the1andonlyskwexLostHorizon1933LugaldurbfrgspKitzibooCarcamongusTimorelle 19 votes
Interest? I am beyond interests, enjoyments and other mortal futilities. For I only want to be in the poll!!!
1%
wrrn519_ESOAlienSlofMaster_FluffTornaadlovebird_rusHroltharWiseSkyChim_intensifies 8 votes
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hearing them talk about the fabulous rewards without listing a single specific unique reward made me laugh. Dude finished by saying you can get transmute crystals! 🤦‍♂️
  • Einher2137
    Einher2137
    ✭✭✭
    I only hope for possibility to farm cards through world activities, dungeons, raids. Also i expected something similar to TES legends, i am not dissapointed only little dissatisfied.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My idea of an enjoyable card game is Uno, so...
  • Kredo
    Kredo
    ✭✭✭
    Adding a ranked competitive system is like rubbing salt in the wounds of all BG players
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my idea of fun, sorry.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely 0 interest at all.

This is one of those add ons companies seem to do to try and hold on to people that are probably leaving. I'm sure there will be people that do nothing but play the game, but yeah that's huge meh from me.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching the Twitch right now, not convinced yet, unfortunately.

Maybe later?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really disinterested and upset this is a main feature of a chapter. First chapter I did not pre-order.

My cynical view is that performance is so bad and beyond their control, that they figured a card game was the only thing they could get to work. Very very disappointed.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Hearing them talk about the fabulous rewards without listing a single specific unique reward made me laugh. Dude finished by saying you can get transmute crystals! 🤦‍♂️

I am terrified they are going to hide mythic leads in the system for BIS PVE or PVP gear. I don't think anything could make me uninstall faster.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its unnecessarily complicated and boring imo
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From my experience, I learn card games by playing them, but I got to understand the basics of the game which seem to be pretty similar to a card game I played in the past so am pretty excited about it.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the Twitch explanation, it looks really complicated. But then again, Sammy is not into card games in general…
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love board games. I love Terraforming Mars. I love Pandemic, Arkham Horror.

I **hate** hate hate hate deck-builders like Dominion.

Not looking forward to this.
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    ... Gwent... You play?

-Slow nod-
    『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure I will not like it, but I'm going to try it atleast once
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks boring tbh. Also complicated.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather just play Legends, this doesn't look as fun as TESL.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *the opposite of being interested is being uninterested, not disinterested.

Disinterested means to not be affected by a personal bias in a matter.

Why, yes: I am fun at parties.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching a bit of the Twitch I'm really even less interested in the card than before. It looks like they spent all of their time making it as complicated as possible in an attempt to hide how lame it is for the major feature of the High Isle chapter.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope it wont be forced upon us, to get what next BiS Mythic is etc.

I do think that a Card game will kinda flop. And the reason for that is quite simple. Who Plays ESO ? TES Solo players, MMO PvE Players and PvP Players. I don't think that this game (ESO) attracts many Hearthstone or Magic: The Gathering or any other competitive card game out there.

So that is kind like um... giving a CoD or Counter-Strike player (FPS) a racing game and expect them to enjoy it... It may not work... :|
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 14, 2022 9:12PM
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably a super unpopular opinion but I think it will be a pretty cool addition to the game. Not every feature is going to cater to everyone.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not more Quests and Combat for new content?

Edited by majulook on April 15, 2022 2:48PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Also looking for general feedback on High Isle after the preview stream today. You can check that out here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a super unpopular opinion but I think it will be a pretty cool addition to the game. Not every feature is going to cater to everyone.

Agreed! :) Can't wait to try it out myself on PTS
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am more interested in after the stream. I think it will be more enjoyable after trying it in person
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Why no Quests and Combat for new content?

Is the story not new quests? What about the new trial? Is that not combat related?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First glimpse of it and I'm very overwhelmed. They claim it's easy to play but hard to master, but it seems a bit complicated. I think it's the whole deal about cards being reshuffled after every turn that's throwing me off. I can understand there being two separate win conditions, but the way the playing cards are handled is jumbling me up. I'll have to spend A LOT of time getting used to it, and frankly I'm absolutely terrible at multi-tasking. I'm already planning on working with Ember on top of my usual exploration and questing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter If I am interested in the game. ZOS is going to lock unique rewards behind it. Probably the next game breaking mythic items that you need to play the content that we all started playing eso for.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main concern is that the card game seems to take a long time to complete a match, with each turn being a whopping 90 seconds. That's almost as long as an average RND lmao. Add on top of that the time spent on matchmaking and drafting, it's just going to be a huge time sink and yet another ignored endeavor.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    My main concern is that the card game seems to take a long time to complete a match, with each turn being a whopping 90 seconds. That's almost as long as an average RND lmao. Add on top of that the time spent on matchmaking and drafting, it's just going to be a huge time sink and yet another ignored endeavor.

Have to agree. For a game that supports something like animation cancelling and quick combat choices and burst combat. A game of this is going to take 30 minutes at least.

Players complain about how long it takes activities now...