The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How interested are you in playing tales of tribute (the card game)?

• luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will probably pick at discount and give it a try. But by the looks of it I believe I won't be changing my daily endeavor and log off routine. Especially with those lousy rewards
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neutral. I don't feel strongly and/or have mixed feeling about it.
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Ouch! Just saw the poll results on the first page.

Interested and Really Interested = 19%

Disinterested and Really Disinterested = 58%

That's a 3 to 1 advantage for the disinterested players. This feature is shaping up to be a colossal failure.

I don't want to see ESO suffer so hopefully this setback will inspire ZOS to give players what they want instead of giving them something an executive or bean counter likes.

The forum makes up a very small percentage of the player base and is often the very vocal minority so the polls on here don't truly express how the entire community actually feels.

I have to disagree.
    The forum community is representative of the community as a whole when you look at it in percentages using Statistical Sampling.
    The "Nielsen Ratings" for T.V. shows take a base group of apprx 41,000 households and can rate the viewing habits of 130 million viewers. The same is true here.
    We may make up a small part of the community here in forums, but if you apply Statistical Sampling, we represent the same percentage of the whole group.
    So, yes, the feedback in forums can reflect the views of the community as a whole.
    Just my 2 drakes..
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disinterested. I don't want to play it, I don't think I'll enjoy the game.
    Card game? What is next? "Pick-3" trial? -sigh-.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really disinterested. I don't want to play it at all, I think I'll hate it.
    If I wanted a card game. I'd go buy one (or just update the Waddington's packs I have had for the last half centry!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other. (please, precise your answer in the comments)
    The card game is far more interesting to me than the companions from Blackwood were.
    That said, I'm also cheap and getting a little burned out on ESO, so I'm not exactly rushing out to buy the new chapter.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding was you forfeit your turn, not the whole game. They said letting time run out would have the game click the turn-ending hourglass for you. So that wouldn’t work, you’d need to find some other way to quit mid-match.

So you could troll people by accepting a match invitation and then going AFK and making them wait the entire turn duration for the whole match? I didn't watch the stream, as it's not something I would be interested in. My play time is currently limited to an hour or two a day, and I don't see that time being taken up by three rounds of cards when I still need to get my Cyro and IC dailies done.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    My understanding was you forfeit your turn, not the whole game. They said letting time run out would have the game click the turn-ending hourglass for you. So that wouldn’t work, you’d need to find some other way to quit mid-match.

So you could troll people by accepting a match invitation and then going AFK and making them wait the entire turn duration for the whole match? I didn't watch the stream, as it's not something I would be interested in. My play time is currently limited to an hour or two a day, and I don't see that time being taken up by three rounds of cards when I still need to get my Cyro and IC dailies done.

the turn duration is 90 seconds
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interested. I think I'll enjoy and play it for a while.
    Kredo wrote: »
    Adding a ranked competitive system is like rubbing salt in the wounds of all BG players

I assume ranking is just wins and losses and the strength of the opponent since the card game is 1v1. How would BG leaderboards go? W-L? If something else, would we just see people playing for ranking and not caring about how it impacts the team?
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try it and will probably play enough to obtain some of the rewards.
    Campos de oro
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's a 3 to 1 advantage for the disinterested players. This feature is shaping up to be a colossal failure.

I don't want to see ESO suffer so hopefully this setback will inspire ZOS to give players what they want instead of giving them something an executive or bean counter likes.

The forum makes up a very small percentage of the player base and is often the very vocal minority so the polls on here don't truly express how the entire community actually feels.

I have to disagree.
    The forum community is representative of the community as a whole when you look at it in percentages using Statistical Sampling.
    The "Nielsen Ratings" for T.V. shows take a base group of apprx 41,000 households and can rate the viewing habits of 130 million viewers. The same is true here.
    We may make up a small part of the community here in forums, but if you apply Statistical Sampling, we represent the same percentage of the whole group.
    So, yes, the feedback in forums can reflect the views of the community as a whole.
    Just my 2 drakes..
    Huzzah!

Well said! And it’s telling as well that ZOS is asking for feedback with polls and threads about various things. If the forum population is not significant then they wouldn’t bother.

PS. Yes there’s also the communication improvement strategy but this one is more inclined to say they are seeking community views for business purposes.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to disagree.
    Just my 2 drakes..
    Huzzah!

Well said! And it’s telling as well that ZOS is asking for feedback with polls and threads about various things. If the forum population is not significant then they wouldn’t bother.

PS. Yes there’s also the communication improvement strategy but this one is more inclined to say they are seeking community views for business purposes.

There's a big difference between random sampling like Nielsen tries to do, and self sampling like the ESO forums. One is designed to be representative, and the other isn't.

The ESO forums are massively dominated by the hardcore and the disgruntled, and are nowhere near representative of the overall player population.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably do the same as any dlc or skill line. I never finished Thieves guild because I found pickpocketing tedious. I don't scry or follow leads. On the other hand, I did the Psijic skill line all the way through - but then didn't use the skills. I'm sure it'll be interesting enough to keep my interest at first, then I'll have a break and come back later. But I won't dedicate hours and hours to get all the possible rewards.
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    No desire to play this ever. Will completely ignore this part of the game.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about how many new additional bugs this new card game will bring in, and how many times ZOS will shut down the servers for impromptu maintenances is not worth it. I think we suffered quite enough after Ascending Tide was released. Please not again. Stop adding new coding into the game.
  • mochizx
    mochizx
    ✭✭✭
    This tedious card games suddenly makes questing in previous overland zones so much more fun, and I cant wait for High isle to be added to part of DLC already.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't play Caravan in FONV; I don't know how to play Gwent or Hearthstone, and have barely played the Elder Scrolls card game I've forgotten the name of. I doubt I'll be playing this to any great extent.

That being said, I wonder if skipping the tutorial quest will stop randos from spamming game invites? And will skipping the tutorial quest be worth avoiding the inevitable NPC that yells the same line of dialogue at you to get your attention?

Will there be a way to turn off invites like there is for dueling? Or will it tied to that? I have absolutely no interest in learning or playing a card game.

I didn't even think of the potential for being spammed with invites. I'd like to know if they can be turned off as well.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin - could we get some clarity on these questions please? I too would like to know the answers.
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly... don't really care. Played a lot of CCG and most devolve after the first few months into the same thing of everyone playing the same decks/tactics.... gets incredibly boring and tedious. Will probably play the PVE aspects of it to obtain any rewards and then forget about it.

Was more hoping for a new class this expansion. Would love to see a engineer type class flinging out traps/contraptions and wielding Dawnguard style crossbows. Probably wont see any new classes for awhile though.... console processing limits holding the game back. *shrug*
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering i have yet to play a game of Caravan in New Vegas, not sure i will ever play this game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really interested. I think i'll enjoy and play it a lot
    Very interested. I got kinda tired from the same fighting and... fighting. So I guess I'll start to log in more frequently after chapter kicks just to play this game.

I of course understand some people disappointment. I, for one, would love to have new spellsword-like skill line/weapon. Or at least class change token. But I'm not going to let my frustration get in the way of enjoying this game.
    Edited by Eric_Prince on April 16, 2022 10:37PM
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Card game (thing almost no one wanted) + hybridization (thing almost no one wanted) = byeeeeeeee
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um. I'm happy with hybridization. I've always built my characters that way. Of course - that just meant I got all sorts of "good advice" I didn't want....
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Um. I'm happy with hybridization. I've always built my characters that way. Of course - that just meant I got all sorts of "good advice" I didn't want....

I'm glad it works for you! Truly-- this isn't sarcasm. I, however, found it profoundly frustrating because the vast majority of players *didn't* want hybridization and because we're eight years into a game that has been balanced and built around a system where magicka OR stamina was prioritized when considering a build, not both.
  • aedra
    aedra
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy for the 5 people that probably wanted a card game in ESO at least? :D As much as exploring a new region plus attention for Breton is wonderful, its just not enough to want to buy this one at full price.
    Edited by aedra on April 17, 2022 3:37AM
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they want to put in a card game that folks who enjoy that sort of thing can go play (although, i still don't get why you'd play an MMO in order to play a fake, digital card game).

if they lock desirable rewards (outfits, costumes, personalities, motifs, recipes, pets, mounts, etc) behind rewards earned only in the card game, i'm going to be pissed.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I played TES Legends a lot when there were still regular updates, but Tales of Tribute looks so unnessarily complicated?! Also i think they said in the stream that one game would take about 20 to 25 minutes, which seems quite long for just a short break from questing. Oh, and no rewards if you play with a friend, only during the questline and in ranked matches... I'll give it a try, but I'm not really convinced yet.

I can think of any number of more rewarding things to do with 25 minutes of my time. Scrubbing down my bathroom, bathing the cat, mowing the lawn.... And making the card game an unavoidable part of the questline is a great way to ensure I'll never play this DLC. I'm happy to wait for 2023.
  • Eevee_42
    Eevee_42
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the worst ideas I’ve ever had the displeasure of witnessing in gaming. For so many reasons.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has gone massively downhill since Summerset. Each chapter is progressively worse than the last. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 19, 2022 12:32PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the first (in game) iteration of Gwent, but I didn't get to be more than an average player. Plus I already have enough to do without adding to it, tbf.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Charon_on_Vacation
    Charon_on_Vacation
    ✭✭✭✭
    creating a mini game that can be programmed by a few people in a very short amount of time, is easy to outsource and can be sold as a main feature is really budget friendly.
    its one of the few things they are actually able to do atm.
    still, from the perspective of a player, i don't like it and i'm not interested in it.
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda boring.

Feels like a cash grab opportunity like crown crates, now they will see you "card decks".