The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How interested are you in playing tales of tribute (the card game)?

• Abelon
    Abelon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disinterested. I don't want to play it, I don't think I'll enjoy the game.
    Billy Boyd is the only good thing about it. Unfortunately even he couldn't make me play (and especially enjoy) it.
    Edited by Abelon on June 26, 2022 2:13PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t see this poll when the thread was started. If I had, I would have answered that I was interested and would play it some.

Now that it’s actually released, I haven’t played it at all. Not once. I hope people who enjoy it are having a lot of fun, and that it’s a great, long term element to the game. But I probably won’t bother to learn it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really disinterested. I don't want to play it at all, I think I'll hate it.
    I bought an MMORPG not a card game. If they tie the two together any more than they already have, then the original game may be over.
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Not interested at all, and even less so to find that the entire game will have to be taken down to fix darn thing.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral. I don't feel strongly and/or have mixed feeling about it.
    Abelon wrote: »
    Billy Boyd is the only good thing about it. Unfortunately even he couldn't make me play (and especially enjoy) it.

When something is good, you don't need to throw 'known' names around.
    I don't like buying things just because a celebrity name is associated to it.

Still no purchase from me, because well, not interested.
  • Astiron
    Astiron
    ✭✭✭
    Neutral. I don't feel strongly and/or have mixed feeling about it.
    I was interested when it was first announced. I'd hoped for a simple battle card style game that would be played in taverns for a fun distraction. Once I played the tutorial I lost all interest. Forced myself to try a couple games afterward, but it's just too much for me.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested. I think I'll enjoy and play it for a while.
    Astiron wrote: »
    I was interested when it was first announced. I'd hoped for a simple battle card style game that would be played in taverns for a fun distraction. Once I played the tutorial I lost all interest. Forced myself to try a couple games afterward, but it's just too much for me.

It took me a few games to warm up to it, because the game takes a little while to fully "get." But once it clicks, it is so much fun.
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not into card games within games. I hated Gwent in The Witcher and resented the game trying to get me to play it all the time. I wish the barking from npcs advertising ToT across zones would go away and there was some sort of switch I could press to turn off all associated quest markers.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    The card game itself is interesting and fun. Collecting the fragments for decks - not so much. It’s kind of hit and miss for figuring out the game. There really aren’t any clear directions.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My indifference to the game continues — I still haven’t tried it and don’t feel any interest in doing so. And the various new NPCs loudly urging me to play are beginning to annoy me.
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it, and its boring. Most games are about 30 minutes. Besides I don't play an RPG for a card game. I feel they are taking the easy road out, as usual. Why not spend that time fixing terrible companion AI? Why not spend that time making vents fun, instead of a chore? Dolmens are over 6 years old, and everyone loves them. Vents will be just as dead as the other world events, because they are not fun or rewarding enough to cause players to come out in droves.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was more interested until they punished me for winning.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I attack the mob with those cards ?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, today is not when this question matters. A month from now, maybe a few months from now is when it really tells how successful the game is.

Well, actually how many play it in-game is what matters but the test of time is what is important.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    Now that the card game has been revealed, it's time for a new poll!

1, Just I don't need ESO version "gwent". It's a extremely lazy contents.
    There're plenty of new contents idea though, why ZOS want to build such a cheap contents?

2, "ToT" proved perfectly that ZOS doesn't have decent game design sense.
    Gwent of Witcher3 is 100 times more sophisticated game design.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    But by the looks of it I believe I won't be changing my daily endeavor and log off routine. Especially with those lousy rewards

This…this is the reason why I foresee ZOS adding OP mythic leads in this stupid card game. The reaction to it has already been underwhelming, and people are already realizing the rewards are subpar. ZOS will need to boost engagement in order to justify production costs of the ToT. How to do this? Mythic leads. It’s the only way they can guarantee that the majority will play it.

"This…this is the reason why I foresee ZOS adding OP mythic leads in this stupid card game."

I'm really anxious about it. :s
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I didn’t see this poll when the thread was started. If I had, I would have answered that I was interested and would play it some.

Now that it’s actually released, I haven’t played it at all. Not once. I hope people who enjoy it are having a lot of fun, and that it’s a great, long term element to the game. But I probably won’t bother to learn it.

It is annoying and frustrating. And it sucks a LOT of playtime.

Maybe they thought that would keep people in the game longer, but I want to be in an MMO to do the things (and others like them) that were already in the game, not playing a game separated from everything else.

A really bad addition!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Just No.. Has no interest for me at all.
  • chattygeekHD
    chattygeekHD
    ✭✭✭
    Really interested. I think i'll enjoy and play it a lot
    I'm really surprised by the results of this poll!

Unfortunately my OCD means I won't be going to High Isle for a while despite purchasing it (I'm fairly new to the game so still working through the original content and then will be off to complete Morrowind)

But I can't wait to play this game! I think it's going to be really interesting to see how the strategies develop as people get better and watching some of the content that the content creators create on the subject will be cool.

But yeah, it's going to be a while before I even get up to doing antiquities, never mind ToT!

J'hattee the Geek: A friendly Khajiit Warden, spreading positivity and kindness around the wonderful world of Tamriel and beyond, and investigating everything Nirn and the realms have to offer. This one is always happy to meet new people and talk about all sorts like our old friend M'aiq..

Xbox EU Server.

Web: chattygeekhiddendragon.com
    Linktree: linktr.ee/chattygeekhiddendragon.com