Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How interested are you in playing tales of tribute (the card game)?

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disinterested. I don't want to play it, I don't think I'll enjoy the game.
    Gina just asked Rob to go through the rewards again. Heres exactly what he listed....

-transmute Crystals
    -furniture
    -a house guest
    -the "treasures" you sell to npcs for a couple hundred gold
    -more cards for the game

That was literally everything he listed.
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really disinterested. I don't want to play it at all, I think I'll hate it.
    IC doesnt even have a leaderbord/monthly rewards, as a pvp player i feel somewhat insulted

I just hope that there wont be any sets/mythics/leads locked behind this
    Edited by StShoot on April 14, 2022 9:27PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interested. I think I'll enjoy and play it for a while.
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Gina just asked Rob to go through the rewards again. Heres exactly what he listed....

-transmute Crystals
    -furniture
    -a house guest
    -more cards for the game

You forgot to mention the pet.
    Pretty sure there will be more but I don't think they will force it up on players for some leads to get mythical items.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neutral. I don't feel strongly and/or have mixed feeling about it.
    The card game on Twitch looks like watching paint dry, only worse.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-transmute Crystals
    -furniture
    -a house guest
    -more cards for the game

Pretty sure there will be more but I don't think they will force it up on players for some leads to get mythical items.

My bad you're right he did say a pet.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it is more interesting to play than to watch.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really interested. I think i'll enjoy and play it a lot
    I will like this WAY better then fishing and its something different from ES Legends
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks interesting, I'll give it a go.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

-transmute Crystals
    -furniture
    -a house guest
    -more cards for the game

he also earlier said housing materials
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    First glimpse of it and I'm very overwhelmed. They claim it's easy to play but hard to master, but it seems a bit complicated. I think it's the whole deal about cards being reshuffled after every turn that's throwing me off. I can understand there being two separate win conditions, but the way the playing cards are handled is jumbling me up. I'll have to spend A LOT of time getting used to it, and frankly I'm absolutely terrible at multi-tasking. I'm already planning on working with Ember on top of my usual exploration and questing.

You know what I felt? Tired. Because they say it is supposed to be something that normal people would play in Tamriel, and it is TOTALLY a mobile app-game sort of thing. The opposite of the very simplistic games people actually played. And the fact that it is collectible just makes it stick out like a Delorean in Deshaan.

Now it may be fun, but believable as a medieval game? Not even at all.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My interest is piqued more than it initially was, mostly because in my head, I can see my main thief character enjoying this and becoming quite skilled at it, but unfortunately there's no actual way for him to become a card shark or hide anything up his sleeve.

But I still find the entire idea a rather underwhelming addition to the game. The gameplay was...okay, at best. I'm intrigued but not overwhelmingly impressed and I still feel the card game and a lot of other things that were shown in the stream were less than what they could be. Honestly, I still find myself asking "Why" even though "Why" was addressed in the stream. Of all the requested features players wanted...they picked this, and I still don't get it.

To me it feels like "antiquities but with other people" in a weird kind of way.

I'll have to actually get my hands on the game and play it before I can really tell if it will be something I'll enjoy.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, let me say this - I can count on one hand the number of times I have played this type of collectible card games. Magic the Gathering and a Babylon 5 game of the same sort. I love B5, but that kind of card games just stress me out. And trying to do it in 90 second rounds? Gah! No thanks! I will just stick to doing it with NPCs for whatever I want or need that can be awarded from them.
  • Vedova
    Vedova
    ✭✭
    Looks overly complicated, dull and very uninteresting, I wont be bothering with the card game no matter what the rewards are. Poor feature for a "main feature" of what looks like a nice expansion.

• Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for some lore in the card. Now i'm hoping i will not be forced to play this for the rewards...
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-transmute Crystals
    -furniture
    -a house guest
    -more cards for the game

he also earlier said housing materials

This is from one of the press releases today.
    To incentivize players to play, Tales of Tribute will have rewards. Some of those are listed below.
    Gold
    Consumables
    Base crafting materials
    Crafting boosters
    Furniture crafting materials
    Cosmetics
    Recipes (provisioning & furnishings)
    Motifs
    Transmute crystals
    Emotes
    Furnishings
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    My main concern is that the card game seems to take a long time to complete a match, with each turn being a whopping 90 seconds. That's almost as long as an average RND lmao. Add on top of that the time spent on matchmaking and drafting, it's just going to be a huge time sink and yet another ignored endeavor.

I can already see the endless lines of complaints against broken or badly functioning matchmaking. And I can't imagine it will be too nice to the already (apparently) over-burdened computers of theirs.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »

Don't all card games though? ;)
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah but this card games makes yu-gi-oh look an very easy and very fast game... and thats not a good thing xD
    Edited by StShoot on April 14, 2022 10:06PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my sort of thing.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worse than gating things behind PvP if they gate things behind this new aspect. A digital CCG has NO APPEAL to me.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @alberichtano

Especially when we don’t know or understand what is happening and can’t follow the strategy or why they play this way.

• robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero interest. I won't even look at the tutorial. I don't mind card games with real cards... Imaginary cards? Pointless.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »

Yeah but this card games makes yugioh look an very easy and very fast game... and thats not a good thing xD

Made me laugh even though I have no idea what a "yugioh" is. :D

I suspect it is some anime/manga-based card game?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    My main concern is that the card game seems to take a long time to complete a match, with each turn being a whopping 90 seconds. That's almost as long as an average RND lmao. Add on top of that the time spent on matchmaking and drafting, it's just going to be a huge time sink and yet another ignored endeavor.

I can already see the endless lines of complaints against broken or badly functioning matchmaking. And I can't imagine it will be too nice to the already (apparently) over-burdened computers of theirs.

Not to mention the cards themselves that will be bugged or not work as written. Or the people complaining about the rng for the shuffler being biased.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    @alberichtano

Especially when we don’t know or understand what is happening and can’t follow the strategy or why they play this way.

I would have imagined that rather than just plain playing to win they should have explained things more. It would take a bit more time, but would perhaps be more enlightening to us non-CCG fans. :p
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't imagine anything worse than playing a card game, in a game.
    I have zero interest.
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a TCG (Trading Card Game), its a CCG (Collecting Card Game).

CCGs are usually harder to make interesting for me since there's is nothing to lose or sacrifice in order to get something better for you specifically.

On top of that, by shuffling both decks together in order to play someone, it completely defeats the main aspect of card games, CCGs especially: Building something unique to your playstyle.

So its a CCG, in which deckbuilding doesn't matter. Or rather, is done on the fly between the players during the match. That is a format called DRAFT. And it isn't that popular within CCG and TCGs alike.

Finally here's the kicker for me: It is way too complex for its own good. 'Games within games' need to be short, optional and feel like you can just hop and play. Gwent is a good example, it was barebones on The Witcher 3, and got refined a bit more for the actual Gwent game. Though again, simple premisse. Having a game that has multiple win conditions, ifs, buts, whens, is just not good for something supposed to be casual and inserted INTO another game. TES already has a card game, it's called Elder Scrolls Legends; and for all of its faults, ESL is actually fun and well made, feeling unique but without overdoing or overcomplicating things.

And yes, as many have already pointed out, the fact that this brand CASUAL card game has a ranking system with leaderboards, rewards and actual ranks. Is just a massive slap on the face to all of those who give an iota of F about PvP.
  • gwdodd
    gwdodd
    ✭✭✭
    Not only will I not play this but I wish there was a setting so I could completely turn this off.

Is there actually that large of a faction in this community that asked for this?

*smh*
    Platform: PC
    Server: NA
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rbfrgsp
    Thanks, i didn’t know that. English is not my first language and I thought those two meant the same thing.

Sadly, i can’t edit the possible answers.
  • Ch3mical_92
    Ch3mical_92
    ✭✭✭
    What I saw on the stream was very boring in my opinion. Not because of the longer turns bc of showcasing, it's the cardgame itself that is boring.

I hope we won't be forced to play too much through this sleepingpill of a cardgame for mythics or other needed stuff.

As a IRL cardgame fan (Tavern games and Trading card games) Tales of Tribute is missing everything I demand from such games. I want to theorycraft my deck and powerful combos out of piles of cards, I want to feel confident in those powerful cards I've collected over the time and to destroy my opponent with MY OWN deck( = TCG-Appeal). Or, on the other hand, want to play simple, fast but exciting rounds like in any usual cardgames you play in Taverns and bars with a beer at your side.

The TCG-aspect lost here it's appeal with merged decks for me. I dont want my combos in my opponents hand, the powerful cards I worked so hard for. It takes the fun out of your strategies if you need to play with cards that have nothing to do with them and are just "polluting" the deck & making the gameplay slower.

Also it doesnt have the Tavern-appeal for me since it seems too slow paced and too complex for a "quick ol' money grabbing" game at a bar I would enjoy among friends with beers and piles of coins. It would've been better if they just plain integrated one of those classic card games like Hearts or Gin Rummy. Defo would play the [snip] out of those with my guildmates

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on April 14, 2022 10:47PM