The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to be able to use emotes in screenshot mode?

mateosalvaje
mateosalvaje
✭✭✭✭
I know that any function which entails the overlapping of different systems can take a very long time to develop or even cause more problems than they're worth. I'm just wondering how many people would be interested in using this feature.

I also understand there are more important things to work on and it may not even be possible, but as something to maybe look into in the future, would it be cool?

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 27, 2021 5:22PM
I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

Would you like to be able to use emotes in screenshot mode? 38 votes

Yes
89%
SirieliaAelorinixiestatic_rechargeStncoldHidesFromSunGarishReverbGlaiceanaXoXJulietteXoXPomsDojohodadotmeFischblutDBZVelenaAethereal'GoldenanadandySadnessInSolaceMegattoSir Tanks a lot 34 votes
No
5%
CaffeinatedMayhemSpawniaq 2 votes
Other
5%
idkAlinhbo_Tyaka 2 votes
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Good suggestion. Would be awesome.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has a screenshot mode? Or do you just mean turning the UI off? If there is an actual screenshot mode (other than just toggling the UI) I would love to know!!

If you just mean turning the Ui off, you can actually already do emotes with the UI off. Just use one of the addons that let you bind a bunch of emotes to keybinds, turn the UI off, then use the keybind. Since its not a chat command, it will work. I use LovelyEmotes to bind my emotes, but I am sure there are other addons that do similar things.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have not seen a screen shot mode in all these years. I assume OP means turning off the UI.

Chryseia probably has a great suggestion for what OP wants to do and does not require Zos breaking 10 things in the process.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I can turn off the UI and use the "Take screenshot" key binding to get a screenshot of my characters performing the emote. You have to use he command line version to invoke rather than the UI though.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk wrote: »
    I have not seen a screen shot mode in all these years. I assume OP means turning off the UI.

Chryseia probably has a great suggestion for what OP wants to do and does not require Zos breaking 10 things in the process.

OP's profile hints they are on PS4. No addons for consoles... but they do have a screenshot mode (It was added a year or two ago I think). However, you can't do emotes of any kind in Screenshot mode. Even if you're sitting down when you invoke SS mode, the very act of selecting "Options" forces your character to stand.

Currently screenshot mode on console is either 1st person or 3rd person with your character just standing there (or mounted).

If you want a screenshot of your character sitting in a chair, forget it... not possible.
    Edited by dotme on December 24, 2019 2:46PM
    PS4NA
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    dotme wrote: »

OP's profile hints they are on PS4. No addons for consoles... but they do have a screenshot mode (It was added a year or two ago I think). However, you can't do emotes of any kind in Screenshot mode. Even if you're sitting down when you invoke SS mode, the very act of selecting "Options" forces your character to stand.

Currently screenshot mode on console is either 1st person or 3rd person with your character just standing there (or mounted).

If you want a screenshot of your character sitting in a chair, forget it... not possible.

That could explain it. I'm on the PC without any addons but still have the ability to get screenshots of my character during emotes or doing basic things like sitting in a chair.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yup, I'm on console 😉

Now that I think about it I just need to check if I can turn off the crosshairs in the middle of the screen. Then I guess I could emote and crop, but cropping / zooming always degrades the quality.

Duh 😜

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yup, I'm on console 😉

Now that I think about it I just need to check if I can turn off the crosshairs in the middle of the screen. Then I guess I could emote and crop, but cropping / zooming always degrades the quality.

Duh 😜

Sadly, no, we can't even turn off the crosshairs.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

All true. We can also choose to have our weapon sheathed or not, that's a plus 🤗

That could explain it. I'm on the PC without any addons but still have the ability to get screenshots of my character during emotes or doing basic things like sitting in a chair.

Yes! This is exactly what I mean 👻