The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.2

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent changes to sloads and rune cage! This should help bring rune cage back down to par with other hard CC's, HOWEVER there is still the issue of the CC itself being buggy and often delayed/unbreakable. This should be evaluated during this pts cycle. Other than that I personally am satisfied with the changes to rune cage.

While the sloads change certainly will help medium armor builds avoid it more frequently, it may not fully "balance" the set. Even with the first cycle of PTS notes removing the first tick as well as the ability to proc itself, it will still deal a relatively high amount of damage and will remain just as unavoidable as it was previously for a wide variety of builds. I'd recommend upping the cooldown slightly to reduce the uptime, perhaps a cooldown of 10 seconds instead of 6. This will allow for recovery time in between sloads procs, instead of it just being active 100% of the time in 1v1 encounters. Even with it being dodgeable, there is no way to predict and actively roll it's proc without counting down the exact cooldown and even then, this will be near impossible if outnumbered or under pressure.

I'd also like to propose a skoria nerf; this set is one that hasn't been adjusted alongside the numerous other procs that had balance changes applied to them, and it is so powerful that stamina builds can afford to run it without sacrificing much at all. The damage should either be brought down, or the cooldown should be brought up. This is a set that is on my recap 4x as frequently as sloads, and is often hitting for nearly the same damage as a full duration sloads proc.

Personally I think the best solution to proc sets would be to have them scale off of max stats like abilities do, so that they couldn't be used by cheesy, proc set reliant builds with terribly low stats (and tanks). They should reward building into damage with high damage, not allow it to anyone willing to slot the set. Obviously if this change was made, the base damage values would have to be evaluated for changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • seventyfive
    seventyfive
    ✭✭✭
    I am completely baffled. I think the feedback has been very clear regarding rune cage. The damage is not the problem.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Last week, @ZOS_Jay wrote, "Next week, there should be additional changes to Balorgh that hit some of the concerns you all have pointed out."

The only change to Balorgh that I see in today's notes is a repeat note for a change that was made for last week's patch. Could you please check to see if these really are the only changes that are made this week?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like jewelry crafting changes, it's certainly a step in the right direction. And thank you for changing the bookcase and reverting rune focus changes, much appreciated. :)

I'm not a fan of sload's changes, though. The set is supposed to counter tanks, but in its current form it counters everyone. Every bg match is full of sloads, everyone is wearing it, doesnt matter if they're magicka dd, stamina dd or tank. Making it a projectile isnt going to change much even in bgs. As a magicka character, you cant possibly dodge all the projectiles.
    This set just destroys build diversity, everyone uses it because they know how ridiculously overpowered it is and there's no counterplay when you're getting hit by 3-4 sload users. Please make it non-stackable, then it will still be powerful, but it wont be a to-go set for every character and there wont be 3-4 sload premades.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Death Stroke
        • Incapacitating Strike (morph): This ability now only stuns if you have 120 Ultimate or more. To visually show its readiness state, the icon will change to a recolored version and the animation of the cast will change.

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Prison
        • Rune Cage (morph): This ability now only deals damage if the stun lasts for its full duration.

Bad changes not solving issues at all.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5324549#Comment_5324549
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg! :')

unknown.png
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for the jewelry craft changes. I'll be finally putting my crafters at max tier for JC writs at least to see the extent of the change. Combined with the reduction to upgrade costs and increase to vouchers for JC master writs, this should balance out the majority of the issues with the system. I'll wait to do full testing on live before saying for sure. I'd expect the value of chromium grains to go up slightly due to the upgrade reduction then come down moderately due to the writ change with an overall minor reduction in current value. I'd also expect the value of platinum ounces to shoot back up if players with 15 crafters start needing nearly 500 daily for their writs.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    Omg! :')

unknown.png

Ikr?! :) One of the best changes in this patch. Cant wait to craft this!
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Hey, its a pretty good start.

The revert change to runes damage means that it won't be slotted on most solo sorcs bars, since an only CC ability is quite a sacrifice, however its still a problem (and was when it was introduced) from groups pinning you with a buggy to break, 40m uncounterable CC.

Sloads projectile NEEDS to be reflectable. It is indeed a projectile, and adding yet another exception to wings shows bias. Especially since DK has nothing to combat it, unlike cloak/purge/roll. Tanks already have many counters in dots, doubly so for bleeds, unblockable on targets (like curse/potl) and many AoEs.

Or even better, just not stack. Have it refresh instead, since it is oblivion damage and PvP oriented. Then make the cooldown to proc per target (like wyrd tree) so it isn't useless.

It is however Oblivion dmg. So no, it does not need to be reflectable. Roll dodge like the rest of us.
  • forgottengd
    forgottengd
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Still no changes to sorc's pets. They still die from usual mechanics in trials. For example in AS pet counts as player, and get lighting like player. And still gets 2 shots like player. Which year we need to wait until this will be fixed?
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im confused... when is the class representative based changes? Apart from sloads (Still disastrous for mag builds) and rune cage (Damage from cage isnt the central issue, the sorc natural combo being undefendable with it is) I dont see any and this is the last "main changes.

Incap change is ok, thoughi still think it will remain best ult in game.

MagWarden still has zero and 99% of other issues are untouched
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

While the sloads change certainly will help medium armor builds avoid it more frequently, it may not fully "balance" the set. Even with the first cycle of PTS notes removing the first tick as well as the ability to proc itself, it will still deal a relatively high amount of damage and will remain just as unavoidable as it was previously for a wide variety of builds. I'd recommend upping the cooldown slightly to reduce the uptime, perhaps a cooldown of 10 seconds instead of 6. This will allow for recovery time in between sloads procs, instead of it just being active 100% of the time in 1v1 encounters. Even with it being dodgeable, there is no way to predict and actively roll it's proc without counting down the exact cooldown and even then, this will be near impossible if outnumbered or under pressure.

The set has a 10% proc chance, not 100%. This in practice translates to roughly 60% uptime, even if you are hitting a target dummy with everything you've got. So it won't be active 100% in 1v1 encounters.
  • ziggr
    ziggr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the PTS. It really helps us add-on authors be ready for the DLC right on release day. It also provides a safe testing ground where we can burn through consumables and materials.

Please could we have a character copy from Live? Those of us working on tradeskill add-ons have a much easier time testing if we have our homes with attuned stations and inventories full of specific sealed master writs that exercise the code we're working on. When I have to rebuild my inventory through template character containers, and then travel out in the wild to access crafting stations, my edit-test-debug cycles take hours instead of minutes. Sometimes the containers never produce the writ or item I require in order to test. It's enough of an additional hurdle that I often choose to suspend add-on work until the next character copy.

--Z
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ziggr wrote: »

Please could we have a character copy from Live?

They always do a character copy from live. First half of PTS cycle its NA characters, the second half EU characters (sometimes with another NA copy before live release).

Right now EU characters are on PTS.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the PTS. It really helps us add-on authors be ready for the DLC right on release day. It also provides a safe testing ground where we can burn through consumables and materials.

Please could we have a character copy from Live? Those of us working on tradeskill add-ons have a much easier time testing if we have our homes with attuned stations and inventories full of specific sealed master writs that exercise the code we're working on. When I have to rebuild my inventory through template character containers, and then travel out in the wild to access crafting stations, my edit-test-debug cycles take hours instead of minutes. Sometimes the containers never produce the writ or item I require in order to test. It's enough of an additional hurdle that I often choose to suspend add-on work until the next character copy.

--Z

@ziggr You could ask around on the PTS forum if anyone from EU with a fully attuned home would make their home available to you on the PTS.
    Edited by code65536 on July 23, 2018 6:03PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all this information we have provided about the Maw of the Infernal set was for nothing ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP magwarden. So young, so much potential... that rune cage nerf though. That's EXACTLY what the player base said was wrong.... LOL! Sorc meta 2015 - indefinitely.
  • ziggr
    ziggr
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Please could we have a character copy from Live?

They always do a character copy from live. First half of PTS cycle its NA characters, the second half EU characters (sometimes with another NA copy before live release).

Right now EU characters are on PTS.

Ah. That would explain why I can get into PTS, but lack characters. "Just wait a bit" is the solution to so many of life's hurdles.

Thank you!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    code65536 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Last week, @ZOS_Jay wrote, "Next week, there should be additional changes to Balorgh that hit some of the concerns you all have pointed out."

The only change to Balorgh that I see in today's notes is a repeat note for a change that was made for last week's patch. Could you please check to see if these really are the only changes that are made this week?

Good call, those changes were missed when initially compiling the patch note. Apologies! Here's what was changed specific to Balorgh:
    • Reduced the health of the Dire Wolves present in the encounter.
    • The Shades of Balorgh can no longer cast Icy Roar.
    • There is now an Active Combat Tip that displays when the Fiery Eruption cast begins.
    • VO can now be heard at the beginning of the Fiery Eruption ability.
    • VO no longer plays when Fiery Charge is cast.
    • Burning Embers no longer ticks immediately from the Fiery Remnant ability.
    • Reduced the damage dealt per tick from Fiery Remnant.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    So now the Tank-Killer set is a projectile. (Sloads)

Assuming it inherits all the projectile traits, this means that it can also be reflected by the 'tank' class wings...

@Peekachu99

Play WW yourself. It's far from shambles. Besides, permawolf in BG's doesn't seem like a good design choice IMO. (Especially since it can be done when building full glass-cannon)

Sloads is so special!

Edited by Dredlord on July 23, 2018 6:08PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Im confused... when is the class representative based changes? Apart from sloads (Still disastrous for mag builds) and rune cage (Damage from cage isnt the central issue, the sorc natural combo being undefendable with it is) I dont see any and this is the last "main changes.

Incap change is ok, thoughi still think it will remain best ult in game.

MagWarden still has zero and 99% of other issues are untouched

Templar rune was addressed
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STILL NO MAG WARDEN CHANGES ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    So now the Tank-Killer set is a projectile. (Sloads)

Assuming it inherits all the projectile traits, this means that it can also be reflected by the 'tank' class wings...

@Peekachu99

Play WW yourself. It's far from shambles. Besides, permawolf in BG's doesn't seem like a good design choice IMO. (Especially since it can be done when building full glass-cannon)

I find the ability to stay in WW-form on PTS very similar (if not easier) compared to live. While Gilliam is a competent player, he could have done things better in that BG match on ESO live. Permawolf in battlegrounds is not an issue what so ever :)

Show me a video of you doing this and I’ll believe you. You have weeks to come up with one, and that’s about what it will take for you to get lucky enough without being chain cc’d or having corpses disappear too fast to maintain form, consistently.
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Excellent changes to sloads and rune cage! This should help bring rune cage back down to par with other hard CC's, HOWEVER there is still the issue of the CC itself being buggy and often delayed/unbreakable. This should be evaluated during this pts cycle. Other than that I personally am satisfied with the changes to rune cage.

I'd also like to propose a skoria nerf; this set is one that hasn't been adjusted alongside the numerous other procs that had balance changes applied to them, and it is so powerful that stamina builds can afford to run it without sacrificing much at all. The damage should either be brought down, or the cooldown should be brought up. This is a set that is on my recap 4x as frequently as sloads, and is often hitting for nearly the same damage as a full duration sloads proc.

Personally I think the best solution to proc sets would be to have them scale off of max stats like abilities do, so that they couldn't be used by cheesy, proc set reliant builds with terribly low stats (and tanks). They should reward building into damage with high damage, not allow it to anyone willing to slot the set. Obviously if this change was made, the base damage values would have to be evaluated for changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Mostly terrible idea. “Let’s let the bursty NB/Sorc/Whatever benefit more from burst proc sets!” said no one ever aside from you. Dps and glass cannons are already rewarded in every other way by having their offensive/ defensive and healing abilities bolstered by their max stats. The only way this would work would be if Protection buffs, healing given/ received and armor buffs likewise scaled with Health as a max stat. But since most everyone in this game is laser focused on max dps, that would never happen.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on July 23, 2018 6:17PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad jewelry crafting is still being looked at, and I'll be happy with any improvements we can get. However, I'd like to comment on:
    Jewelry Crafting
    • Added Jewelry Crafting materials to some Blacksmithing resource nodes.
      • You will occasionally find a single unit of Dust on a Blacksmithing node (or two units of Dust, if the Plentiful Harvest passive triggers).

As I understood it from another developer post, this change was made to encourage players to stop skipping blacksmith nodes in their pursuit of Jewelry materials. However, I do not think this change will encourage players to stop skipping blacksmith nodes altogether. Stopping and using extra time to collect a blacksmith node which MAY have 1 dust when we could simply dash to the next jewelry node is very marginal, statistically speaking. As it stands now, it's still more efficient to go on a mad rush to collect only jewelry nodes to minimize the wasted time.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    No WW adjustments for two PTS cycles, really? Is the plan to just leave it in shambles for another two years now? The timer is atrocious and Gilliam couldn’t even stay in form in a BG on your live stream.

lmao, so you want free WW form for 15 mins, gtfo with your stupid OP version of WW
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    No WW adjustments for two PTS cycles, really? Is the plan to just leave it in shambles for another two years now? The timer is atrocious and Gilliam couldn’t even stay in form in a BG on your live stream.

lmao, so you want free WW form for 15 mins, gtfo with your stupid OP version of WW

That’s how it is on Live and how it has been for years. Do you even play WW?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »
    the rune cage damage isn't the issue...

And Sorcerer is Wrobel favourite class, he is not admitting Rune Cage problem even after 100 of complaints!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 23, 2018 6:18PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only good changes have been done for Jewellery Crafting and Templars

Rest changes remain underwhelming!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 23, 2018 6:23PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    8v0j638z8wis.jpg

lv6bj9z7zanu.png
    Jewelry Crafting
    • Added Jewelry Crafting materials to some Blacksmithing resource nodes.
      • You will occasionally find a single unit of Dust on a Blacksmithing node (or two units of Dust, if the Plentiful Harvest passive triggers).
      • If the Blacksmithing node's material is based on your character level, then so is the Dust you'll find on it. If the Blacksmithing node's material is based on your Blacksmithing passive rank, then the Dust you find will be based on your Jewelry Crafting passive rank.
    • Significantly reduced the amount of Boosters needed to improve the quality of Jewelry.
      • At maximum rank of Plating Expertise, it now takes only a single piece of Terne Plating to go from white to green, two Iridium Platings to go from green to blue, three Zircon Platings to go from blue to purple, and only 4 Chromium Platings to go from purple to gold.
    • Jewelry Crafting Writs will no longer reward Terne, Iridium, or Zircon Grains. They will now only reward Chromium Grains, with the chance to obtain a Grain increasing with the rank of the Jewelry Crafting writ completed, similar to other durable trade skill writ rewards.

THANK THE DIVINES
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Hey, its a pretty good start.

The revert change to runes damage means that it won't be slotted on most solo sorcs bars, since an only CC ability is quite a sacrifice, however its still a problem (and was when it was introduced) from groups pinning you with a buggy to break, 40m uncounterable CC.

Sloads projectile NEEDS to be reflectable. It is indeed a projectile, and adding yet another exception to wings shows bias. Especially since DK has nothing to combat it, unlike cloak/purge/roll. Tanks already have many counters in dots, doubly so for bleeds, unblockable on targets (like curse/potl) and many AoEs.

Or even better, just not stack. Have it refresh instead, since it is oblivion damage and PvP oriented. Then make the cooldown to proc per target (like wyrd tree) so it isn't useless.

You comments about rune cage gave me a good laugh!

Rune Cage enable full blown one shot combo to sorc. Damage is not much issue!