The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Response to the Veteran Hard Mode Asylum Sanctorium Trial Exploit - Nov. 10

• XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you call it:
    EXPLOIT
    ACTIONS AGAINST THE TERMS

But normally you must call it gameplay, because these guys use ONLY game opportunities and nothing else.

They weren't just using game opportunities, they were exploiting - and selling runs, profiting from doing multiple runs to gain others the achieve & skins.
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

you call it:
    EXPLOIT

But normally you must call it gameplay, because these guys use ONLY game opportunities and nothing else.

They weren't just using game opportunities, they were exploiting - and selling runs, profiting from doing multiple runs to gain others the achieve & skins.

You wrong.

An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "to use something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). Such behavior frequently includes things like gaining control of a computer system, allowing privilege escalation, or a denial-of-service (DoS or related DDoS) attack. from wiki

It was not exploit, they didn't use any program, don't change game code or files. Players just use game facilities and got banned.

Selling runs for game currency is also allowed.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you call it:
    EXPLOIT

You wrong.

An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "to use something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). Such behavior frequently includes things like gaining control of a computer system, allowing privilege escalation, or a denial-of-service (DoS or related DDoS) attack. from wiki

It was not exploit, they didn't use any program, don't change game code or files. Players just use game facilities and got banned.

Selling legitimate runs may be allowed...but selling tickets to a tutorial on "how to cheat" should be dealt with harshly...
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

you call it:
    EXPLOIT

You wrong.

To quote myself from a page ago
    Ban people for using bugged content, it is something like arrest people who use drugs, purchased from drug dealer. I think normal way is arrest that dealer, not buyers.

Well, when you agreed to the ToS you agreed to not exploit. Pretty simple, regardless of ZOS' incompetence.

Are you that ignorant or purposely misreading? "A sequence of commands" is literally a person controlling their character in a certain way " that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)." Youre excuse that it isnt an exploit is proven false by the exact information you gave. Every action is the game is executed by a sequence of commands. Any action that leads to taking "advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)" is an exploit. From the writ survey exploit to using mementos to skip bosses to positioning yourself in a certain spot to cause a trial boss to be inactive but still can kill it, they are exploits. They deserve punishment and hopefully this is the beginning of ZOS taking this stuff seriously.

*Edit: Also, gap closing into keeps (through doors or over walls) is an exploit, CE is an exploit, finding bugged out sets or weapons and using them intentionally is an exploit.

• HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    First of all I would like to address those who are acting like children in these forums. Grow up and put your manners back in, you know who you are.
    Secondly, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. I understand from a "fine print terms of service" standpoint you can do what you like to players accounts that technically break rules. Rules are rules after all.

But let me get this straight, if I accidentally run into a bunch of people reaping benefits of an exploit (make use of (a situation)) in a way considered unfair or underhand), like all those people before Dark Brotherhood that could farm dolmens from atop a rock without getting attacked. And I join in on that dolmen.
    I can be banned without warning?

If we are following this forum's logic then there will and should be a lot more people being banned on the horizon.

I use to have a run set in PVP that stacked reduce movement speed penalty while crouched or in sneak. I loved it. It was amazingly fast and I was so proud of myself for putting it together. I later found out that there was a sort of petition going on in countless forum posts claiming that this was unfair and that it was an exploit.
    Players would message me saying that I was reported for hacking. And "Stop cheating or ill report you".
    I was not scared to their threats as I knew what I was using was a part of the game. ZOS later patched this and we were no longer allowed to use this "exploit".

Unlike MIAT'S PVP ALERTS which have completely broken any use of stealth in a PVP setting. ZOS knows about this "add-on" and does nothing about it. Unlike the Miats "add-on", Asylum Sanctorium is part of the game ZOS put together, therefore this "exploit" was a lack of scripting on ZOS's behalf and you guys had the gall to ban X amount of players for using this "exploit", but not all the users that have Miat's add-on - something that is really harming the way this game is played. Don't get me wrong, I do believe they deserved to be punished for the way the players went about this "exploit" but the fact that ZOS people made this there priority of "we need to ban people because of.." makes ZERO sense.

To restate: ZOS banned 30+ players but didnt ban 1000+ players that have an addon that does not allow a class to function the way it was intented to... Do you see what I'm talking about?

And if we're going to go on the topic of "they deserved to be banned because they were making money off of it" - proves even more that ZOS has there priorities BACKWARDS. You have SO MANY botters that are literally making MILLIONS of gold without doing a single thing in the game but ZOS does nothing about this. You can go into a guild's bank gold and delete the money these Asylum Sanctorium "exploiters" won, but it seems like ZOS has a VERY big blind eye for the thousands of botters screwing up the market. Are you serious?

ZOS do us all a favour. Next meeting you guys have, get out a yellow legal pad and make an actual list of top priorities you need to look at. Banning permanently 30+ players that we're using a script "glitch" (which ZOS is only to blame for) shouldnt be on the top. The use and abuse of blatant cheats (or as people like to call "add-ons") in PVP needs to stop, the ability to use silver bolts ability to get over siege walls needs to stop, the fact that critical charge and its morphs work whenever it wants to work needs to stop, the COUNTLESS graphical, sound, animation and mechanics glitches need to be fixed, ... the list goes on and on.

To come back to the issue at hand, I know that these people that have been banned got achievements in a really dirty way and were encouraging others to join in on this bug. But that's what it was. A bug.
    Are you telling me the guards in Hews bane are meant to be sitting in thin air, damn some strong calf and stomach muscles.

r5IuECl.jpg
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Ban people for using bugged content, it is something like arrest people who use drugs, purchased from drug dealer. I think normal way is arrest that dealer, not buyers.

Well, when you agreed to the ToS you agreed to not exploit. Pretty simple, regardless of ZOS' incompetence.

Are you that ignorant or purposely misreading? "A sequence of commands" is literally a person controlling their character in a certain way " that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)." Youre excuse that it isnt an exploit is proven false by the exact information you gave. Every action is the game is executed by a sequence of commands. Any action that leads to taking "advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)" is an exploit. From the writ survey exploit to using mementos to skip bosses to positioning yourself in a certain spot to cause a trial boss to be inactive but still can kill it, they are exploits. They deserve punishment and hopefully this is the beginning of ZOS taking this stuff seriously.

*Edit: Also, gap closing into keeps (through doors or over walls) is an exploit, CE is an exploit, finding bugged out sets or weapons and using them intentionally is an exploit.

The character is controlled using the interface provided by the developers. Players do not have access to commands for the server, so you are mistaken, all this can not be considered an exploit.

When you hit a skill button, it executes a command line. When you take a step, it executes a command line. When you run, sprint, craft, exploit trial bosses, its all executing command lines.

Sure, you right, but these commands execute game ''software'' not me. I just press buttons, do you have any rules about illegal buttons usage in TES games ?

lol, your character only does what you command. YOU are responsible for what you do....it's the same as in RL. Just because it's possible it doesn't have to be allowed to do.

You wrong again. In the agreement of use nothing is said about an forbidden the game opportunities usage.
    Prince%20What.gif

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

The character is controlled using the interface provided by the developers. Players do not have access to commands for the server, so you are mistaken, all this can not be considered an exploit.

When you hit a skill button, it executes a command line. When you take a step, it executes a command line. When you run, sprint, craft, exploit trial bosses, its all executing command lines.

Sure, you right, but these commands execute game ''software'' not me. I just press buttons, do you have any rules about illegal buttons usage in TES games ?

lol, your character only does what you command. YOU are responsible for what you do....it's the same as in RL. Just because it's possible it doesn't have to be allowed to do.

You wrong again. In the agreement of use nothing is said about an forbidden the game opportunities usage.
    Prince%20What.gif

Little_***.jpg
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unlike MIAT'S PVP ALERTS which have completely broken any use of stealth in a PVP setting. ZOS knows about this "add-on" and does nothing about it. Unlike the Miats "add-on", Asylum Sanctorium is part of the game ZOS put together, therefore this "exploit" was a lack of scripting on ZOS's behalf and you guys had the gall to ban X amount of players for using this "exploit", but not all the users that have Miat's add-on - something that is really harming the way this game is played. Don't get me wrong, I do believe they deserved to be punished for the way the players went about this "exploit" but the fact that ZOS people made this there priority of "we need to ban people because of.." makes ZERO sense.

Fully agree. Does not make sense compared to other ongoing issues that are not addressed despite many requests.

By the same logic (exploiting issues in ZOS game/api to get its own personal advantage over other players) all MIAT users should be banned. Dont get me wrong, id be happy to see that but they should deserve a warning before hand. Kind of the same here.
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    I know there is no way to stop it.... but... on PS4 NA....

Banned players are all returning with new accounts. Seen 3 of them already today...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • marcusthebearhunter
    marcusthebearhunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talvorian wrote: »
    I know there is no way to stop it.... but... on PS4 NA....

Banned players are all returning with new accounts. Seen 3 of them already today...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

but they start new whitout cps whitout money a fresh start
    only way is ebonheart
    we are ebonheart the dragonborn coverd in the blood our enemies
    nord templar marcus the bearhunter
    breton healer marcus the healer
    nord warden marcus the bearkeeper
    imperial nightblade marcus the shadow walker
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

Prince%20What.gif

Little_***.jpg

At this point you must be trolling...... Also you are not the only one that can use definitions. Words can mean multiple things, and as well as other have said, using your keyboard or controller in a game is to use command sequences, you are commanding the client to perform tasks, that is how a computer or a console works.

Q1S6gBn.png

I'm pretty sure this would be considered unfair and underhanded. What they did is wrong, and your understanding of the Terms of Service, the word exploit and the weird usage of the phrase "opportunities usage" is nothing short of shocking.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is hilarious and revealing at the same time. The lengths some people will go to justify plain cheating is absurd. All the firepower of Sophism (no, not my friend @Sophieous , though she is clever too ;) ) gets called on, the cavalry rides to the aid of poor people who found themselves suddenly in a spot where they totally accidentally didn’t take any damage and sniped their brave hearts out.

There is one simple rule in law that matters here: There is no equality in injustice. Meaning, if others got away with something but you didn’t, you have no right to complain, because two wrongs don’t make one right.

Hence all the instances where ZOS didnt do anything or too little are absolutely without any impact here. These are rather to be critically scrutinized and pointed out that ZOS didn’t do enough.

But thanks to all the defenders. I got a good laugh reading all the desperate attempts of justifying the cheating. My favourite is this thread stayed open to strike the egos on the expense of the poor banned individuals. And I thought they cheated with that very reason. If you “live” the game, you’d be expected to do things legitimately.
    Edited by Feanor on November 13, 2017 8:37AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Perma bans way too harsh imo. Zos are releasing unfinished content with these exploits only being possible because of THEM. I hope all accounts who done this get it overturned.

Have to disagree. Their is a difference between finding an exploit and notifying developers about it, and finding an exploit and then continuing to take advantage of it.

Might as well let every criminal get away because they have found a way around the system as well, and honestly if you think that should be the case then I hope nothing bad ever happens to you or your loved ones because my response will simply be - well they got away with it, so might as well let them keep the rewards and let them go free.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We checked in with our Support team this morning and got confirmation that we have not overturned any of the bans we issued for this exploit. All of the accounts we banned for exploiting this bug are still banned, and we intend to keep it that way. The individuals who took advantage of this exploit had to do some very specific, deliberate things to make the bug happen, then spend time very slowly working down the boss from where he could not attack them. It was not a situation where someone accidentally stumbled upon a bug and used it without knowing what they were doing.

Now, it is possible that some of the banned individuals purchased the game again and returned to the game on a brand new account. That is permitted. They are not blacklisted from the game for all time - they just lost the accounts on which they abused this exploit.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on November 13, 2017 7:12PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We checked in with our Support team this morning and got confirmation that we have not overturned any of the bans we issued for this exploit. All of the accounts we banned for exploiting this bug are still banned, and we intend to keep it that way. The individuals who took advantage of this exploit had to do some very specific, deliberate things to make the bug happen, then spend time very slowly working down the boss from where he could not attack them. It was not a situation where someone accidentally stumbled upon a bug and used it without knowing what they were doing.

Now, it is possible that some of the banned individuals purchased a new account and returned to the game on brand new characters. That is permitted. They are not blacklisted from the game for all time - they just lost the accounts on which they abused this exploit.

Thank you.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Now, it is possible that some of the banned individuals purchased a new account and returned to the game on brand new characters. That is permitted. They are not blacklisted from the game for all time - they just lost the accounts on which they abused this exploit.
    Thanks for the update Jess. Loving the transparency you're giving us with this. :love:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Really great stuff here. Certainly appreciate the swiftness and certainty this was handled with.

Thank you
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Good Job
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Good, hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for the reassurance.

• Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

So how will you be handling cheating from here on out because there's a bunch of players who rely on other exploits and Cheat Engine, yet their accounts haven't been touched. Are these being addressed? Are these being looked at? Are you going to change your policy on the 3 day ban for CE users?

Basically when is your team going to treat the entire PvP community with as much respect and dignity as you did a lousy achievement and skin?
    Edited by Taysa on November 13, 2017 3:33PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

So how will you be handling cheating from here on out because there's a bunch of players who rely on other exploits and Cheat Engine, yet their accounts haven't been touched. Are these being addressed? Are these being looked at? Are you going to change your policy on the 3 day ban for CE users?

Basically when is your team going to treat the entire PvP community with as much respect and dignity as you did a lousy achievement and skin?
    @Taysa I would recommend if you have proof to pass it on to ZOS either via a ticket or PM to Community/Moderator team.

If there is something going on they'll take actions.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Wait so does that mean buying and selling an account is allowed I always thought it wasn't allowed
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Wait so does that mean buying and selling an account is allowed I always thought it wasn't allowed

It isnt allowed. This is getting seriously funny!
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

@Taysa , I could not agree more. reading everyone's response to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom most recent reply makes me feel like I maybe the only one who cares about the long game. Jessica did not address the massive amount of problems in PVP, nor the Botters who are creating a massive disruption to guild prices/market and the way the game is played

- A lot of players can not finish quest because of the botting routes. You want to talk about exploits, these people are literally using a 3rd party program to farm for Aetheric Cipher/Aetherial Dust, a item ZOS made rare on purpose. This checks all boxes for Exploit, cheat, Unfair advantage and non of this is accidentally stumbled upon.

Oh, wait! People are getting together and using an exploit in a trial that will not influence the market, will not influence future people that will play the trial, will not influence the mechanics of the trial. They get priority and permanently ban?!!!

But not the cheaters that are using programs to alter the normal workings of the game!
    These are the people, these are the people that deserve ZOS utmost attention.
    Instead we the people got a forum post by ZOS saying that things are going to be looked at and patched. You have been looking at this for over a year. PENDING since DEC 2016.

I'm not saying that these trial cheaters need a slap on the wrist, they have received a swift but unprioritized use of ZOS justice.

PLEASE FIX THE REAL CHEATER ISSUES.
    1501954062765.gif
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Buying a new account from ZOS is allowed.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    guys, relax, zos judgement is selective at best, they will ban for one "exploit" and will not do for several others. I also have my share of strange activities. For example, I start seeing gold sellers again in higher zones like Greenshade, alikr, bangkorai, etc. This clearly means that there are bots milling gold or aetheric dust, or raw mats. I saw announces re new cp160-700 accounts which you can buy and you can even tell them what you want (race, class, etc) and they will provide it to you in a week. So, there are a lot of strange activities running in ESO. The fact that zos wanted to ban those guys is just to show that they are not sleeping and to show at least some action. May be botters are the side business for the zos? Who knows.

Regarding this case. This is not the first thing which allows you to gain some advantage - do you remember the rock in Blackheart haven when if you will hide, adds cannot range you? Is it "exploit" or "game mechanics"? Another one - Maw in CoA - just bring him to the entrance and stay away and range kill him - no adds, no fire, just keep tank alive. There is another one somewhere where there is a fire line at the entrance - bring the daedroh to this line, taunt him on this line and line will kill him.
    Those are just off top of my head. So, those cases are ok, and this new one is not. Anyone care to tell what's the diff?

That's good that zos paying attention to those cases, but the three I mentioned is there for 1+ year already, so zos looks really "sporadic" here,let me put it politely...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I just want to know why out of every major exploit this is the one you guys decide to go and perma ban people on. Wouldn't this bug be the type of thing you ban players upwards to 12 weeks or even more than that and also remove the skin from the account, and any gold they got selling runs.

What about the cheat engine, those players knew exactly what they were doing and they got a slap on the wrist, and they had to go out of their way to use 3rd party software. These are the type of players you want to get rid of completely they are here to be toxic to the community and dont give a *** about supporting the game what so ever. These players also caused a lot of publicity issues.

It's good you are taking actions on exploiting but it is also good you take the action accordingly on the type of exploit used.
    #MOREORBS
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @Taysa I would recommend if you have proof to pass it on to ZOS either via a ticket or PM to Community/Moderator team.

If there is something going on they'll take actions.

I understand that as a community ambassador, you have to tout the company line, but please don't assume I'm dumb enough to actually believe that. ZoS has been notoriously lenient when it comes to cheaters in this game, handing out only 3 day bans to CE users only to have them come back and continue to use CE.

If ZoS wants to take cheating seriously (as they claim to do) they need to do it across the board. They need to take an active role in logging into the game and watching the bot trains in Aetherial Dust zones then give them the same treatment they gave these 34 accounts. They need to take an active role in watching PvP campaigns, watching the players being reported for proccing Selene's from 20 feet away onto a player without attacking them first and other weird things that are blatant exploits and give them the same treatment as these 34 accounts. Players caught using cheat engine? Perma ban. Just like these 34 accounts. Not the 3 day slap on the wrist they get now,

The way this looks? An achievement, skin, and some garbage weapons are worth more than the health of an entire community.

If this is the start of ZoS turning over a new leaf and taking cheating seriously, then I welcome our new Banhammer Overlords. But as it stands, the Cheating & Exploits sticky is 85 pages long with zero response from ZoS since FEBRUARY 1. We're in November, ffs. And do you know what that response was? "We removed several posts for flaming." The last time that something was posted that wasn't generic moderation or the tired message of "If you see something suspicious, report it"?

July.

of 2016.

So please spare me the company line. We're not buying it because it simply isn't true.
    Edited by Taysa on November 13, 2017 6:07PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • spiiros
    spiiros
    ✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    Timeoin wrote: »
    Can we please have their gamer tags posted, so we can be wary of these folks in future?

@Devs, Why this thread wasn't locked initially baffles me. Look at this guy above! Asking for gamertags? When will it end? I long for the days when these issues were handled discreetly, confidentially and professionally.

@Timeoin They have been permanently banned. What do you have to worry about in the future? Shame on all the people in here gleefully celebrating other peoples punishments. Whereas the people exploiting are unknown, those of you that are in here piling and rejoicing at the expense of those banned, are not.

Lock the thread and for the record, Zero Tolerance is actually the worst form of intolerance. I hope the trend of throwing my fellow players to the wolves to appease the losers that take joy out of things like this ends. The players broke the ToS but have also made you aware of a bug in the programming. There could have been a lot better ways to handle this and leaving this thread open for discussion doesn't paint the best picture about depth of character in the powers that be.

I could not agree more. Very well put. These comments are embarrassing to read. It is sad that everyone just wants to point and laugh at someone else and the company and devs I once thought very highly of I am now disgusted that they have let it continue like this.

Good players making a
    Hi everyone,

@Taysa , I could not agree more. reading everyone's response to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom most recent reply makes me feel like I maybe the only one who cares about the long game. Jessica did not address the massive amount of problems in PVP, nor the Botters who are creating a massive disruption to guild prices/market and the way the game is played

- A lot of players can not finish quest because of the botting routes. You want to talk about exploits, these people are literally using a 3rd party program to farm for Aetheric Cipher/Aetherial Dust, a item ZOS made rare on purpose. This checks all boxes for Exploit, cheat, Unfair advantage and non of this is accidentally stumbled upon.

Oh, wait! People are getting together and using an exploit in a trial that will not influence the market, will not influence future people that will play the trial, will not influence the mechanics of the trial. They get priority and permanently ban?!!!

But not the cheaters that are using programs to alter the normal workings of the game!
    These are the people, these are the people that deserve ZOS utmost attention.
    Instead we the people got a forum post by ZOS saying that things are going to be looked at and patched. You have been looking at this for over a year. PENDING since DEC 2016.

I'm not saying that these trial cheaters need a slap on the wrist, they have received a swift but unprioritized use of ZOS justice.

PLEASE FIX THE REAL CHEATER ISSUES.
    1501954062765.gif

You do realize... that those people were trying to SELL the skin through the use of that exploit. That is a huge issue. It's one thing doing a skin run, through legitimate matters, but like that? Nah, that's is an influence on the market.