Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has ZOS Abandoned PVP?

Agrippa_Invisus
Agrippa_Invisus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
At this point I think we seriously need to consider whether ZOS has just stopped giving a care when it comes to PVP in general.

Chronic issues that would be simple to address (empty temporary campaigns that badly need to be closed) have not even been commented on. Numerous feedback threads with long, thoughtful writeups that were posted in extremely constructive manners have been ignored. The PVP population dwindles more and more every day with Sotha Sil now essentially dead and all NA PC players not even able to keep the one remaining active campaign pop locked through the entirety of prime time.

At what point is the dream dead? Is this the equivalent of maintenance mode, just for one section of the game?

When do we give up? At what point does ZOS even reply to us?
Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
Once a General, now a Citizen
Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like a Cold War or a boycott maybe . I don't know . No ones talking about it .
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At what point is the dream dead? Is this the equivalent of maintenance mode, just for one section of the game?

It died with 1.5, or 1.6, or Tamriel One, take your pick. All they've done with PvP for about a year, is stupid nerfs based on the whining of a few PvPers.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It died a long time ago. Zos isn't that stupid, they know where the money's at. New dlc centered on pve. The PvE player base is significantly larger and maybe the PvP community could thrive if they worked with pvp but frankly at this point it would need a major overhaul. That's an investment and time consuming risk I doubt they're willing to take.
    Ours is the Fury
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh ! A ZoS person in a PVP thread ! Quick everyone tackle her ! Don't let her escape .
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring PvE incentives to PvP and you'll see the pops jump. I'd be happy with just a 1% drop rate of motif in the RotW, for example. Or flowers wreath to decon into alchemy mats for BG victors.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you. I mean this with all sincerity: it's nice to know that zos is reading our thoughts w/ a mind beyond mere moderation. A little truly goes a long way.

Is there a chance you could express our desire for a simple dialogue to the team? I don't think any of us expect a significant allotment of time, and frankly I understand not wanting to engage w/ some of the less constructive feedback. That said, and taking the time to plug this collection of suggestions for Cyrodiil, a gesture of engagement from the pvp devs would be greatly appreciated. As above, a little goes a truly long way.

Please just make a presence felt on the pvp side of the sandbox. We promise to play nicely.
    Edited by Kaeriz on October 10, 2017 5:17PM
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    This game is dead. Logged in yesterday on Xbox NA (most populated PVP platform) and there was one campaign that was poplocked and everything else was non existent. As far as PVE there had only been a couple guilds that had bothered to beat the new trial since the reset. There was also some classes that didn't even have 100 completions of VMA. This game has become a cash grab of boring DLCs and fluff from the crownstore that holds people over for a couple days max. No real incentive to do new end game content and the PVP is soooooo old and stale. BGs are fun and were promising but ultimately worthless with no real leader boards or incentives to play (not even going to comment on balance). Time to find new games.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is dead. Logged in yesterday on Xbox NA (most populated PVP platform) and there was one campaign that was poplocked and everything else was non existent. As far as PVE there had only been a couple guilds that had bothered to beat the new trial since the reset. There was also some classes that didn't even have 100 completions of VMA. This game has become a cash grab of boring DLCs and fluff from the crownstore that holds people over for a couple days max. No real incentive to do new end game content and the PVP is soooooo old and stale. BGs are fun and were promising but ultimately worthless with no real leader boards or incentives to play (not even going to comment on balance). Time to find new games.

0JeB9mE.jpg
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

Ermagerd!

Thank you for updating part of what has been bothering us! We really wanna see those temp campaigns from the event closed down to help force consolidation of the player base. Every little bit helps!
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't "ZOS" it. Use player feedback
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Kaeriz wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you. I mean this with all sincerity: it's nice to know that zos is reading our thoughts w/ a mind beyond mere moderation. A little truly goes a long way.

Is there a chance you could express our desire for a simple dialogue to the team? I don't think any of us expect a significant allotment of time, and frankly I understand not wanting to engage w/ some of the less constructive feedback. That said, and taking the time to plug this collection of suggestions for Cyrodiil, a gesture of engagement from the pvp devs would be greatly appreciated. As above, a little goes a truly long way.

Please just make a presence felt on the pvp side of the sandbox. We promise to play nicely.

A bunch of us have seen that thread - thank you for creating it and formatting it in such a digestible, organized way. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

A bunch of us have seen that thread - thank you for creating it and formatting it in such a digestible, organized way. :)

Thank you for continuing to watch and respond. We really appreciate it.

The thing we've wanted most is dialog, and keeping that up goes a long way to making things better.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

That's fantastic to hear. We are feeling very abandoned in Cyrodiil lately. Show us the love!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both this and the linked thread by @Kaeriz are immensly useful and important. I would still like to add that aside from all these well thought out additions, the combat system needs a change.

Lazy me, quoting myself from another thread, and referring to the bolded bit.
    Leandor wrote: »
    We get more unblockable ***, we lose countermeasures, and all in the name of balance. PvEers cry wolf due to PvP motivated changes and vice versa.

The simple formula for balance is: tank vs damage. You get more tanky, you lose damage. You get more damage output, you get squishy.

Instead, we have heavy armor that increases damage output by getting hit or defensive spells (i.e. shields) that scale with a damage stat.
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

/swoon
    Edited by Kaeriz on October 10, 2017 11:14PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

woo hoo gina - you rock...

I imagine we make up a small portion of the player base - but, for those of us whom are hooked on pvp - it's the primary reason we stay involved with eso...

a little love will go a long way...at least a few weeks anyways :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 11, 2017 5:10AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No offense to @ZOS_GinaBruno , but when the only ZOS comment icons in PvP forum threads refer to forum moderators and community managers, the "we have seen that thread" and "we are looking into it" comments have very little credit.

When was the last time someone responsible for game mechanics and development actually commented on PvP in the PvP forum section? Do we even have a PvP developer still?

Saying "we still know you guys exist" once every couple of months obviously isn't cutting it. PvP is performing like an alpha version of a kickstarted game, and we are being given little to no information why it hasn't been upgraded in the last few years....So forgive me if I don't accept "we have seen your comments" for the 100th time after almost 4 years of degrading gameplay.
    Marek
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the campaign adjustments are primarily to close some of the unpopulated campaigns. I dunno, I just hate to get my hopes up too much.

I generally stay in Vivec ( not because it is CP, but because it is usually the only one populated). Anyway, I had a few Cyrodiil quests to complete in order to get my 'character achievement' for that area, so not wanting to be mowed down by a flock of zerglings, I went to one of the '1-bar campaigns.'

I had to travel all the way from my AD alliance base to Bruma, so I thought for sure I'd run into at least a few people ... but no ... no one. Now, I do know that there were people there because I did see keeps change color (one at a time), although I never saw any X's on the map when that happened. Oddly enough, there was 1 keep that didn't seem to change color, and I never saw it 'lit up' but ... it was the only keep I saw with colored X's next to it and the location of the X's never seemed to move. Strange.

Then I started thinking about the number of people I would typically see in Vivec ... that was when it really hit home with me ... there really aren't many pvp'ers anymore, not like there used to be.

Edited by Maryal on October 11, 2017 7:46AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I have never thought ZOS abandoned PvP, it is really nice to know that a focus has been devoted recently, and that could possibly mean some overhauls/reworks/fixes/improvements to the PvP experience we've all come to know and love.

Gina can you go ahead and confirm the perma emp title will be fixed? I feel like your announcement that "campaign adjustments will be made in Update 16" means the closing of some of the less populated servers (why wouldnt it mean that. . .right?)and turn things into a frenzy.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you share with us what were the results after the noCP test 6 months ago?
    Because I can!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I think we seriously need to consider whether ZOS has just stopped giving a care when it comes to PVP in general.

Chronic issues that would be simple to address (empty temporary campaigns that badly need to be closed) have not even been commented on. Numerous feedback threads with long, thoughtful writeups that were posted in extremely constructive manners have been ignored. The PVP population dwindles more and more every day with Sotha Sil now essentially dead and all NA PC players not even able to keep the one remaining active campaign pop locked through the entirety of prime time.

all gear, all abilities, all skills and everything else gets adjusted to PvP, what more do you want??
    This whole game is just about PvP, no love for PVE, a PvPer just have to whine about something and all gets adjusted for it!
    Now we have in PVE whole classes who are no longer vaible there, (in PVp also) and you still yearn for more????

NO LOVE FOR THIS!
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

all gear, all abilities, all skills and everything else gets adjusted to PvP, what more do you want??
    This whole game is just about PvP, no love for PVE, a PvPer just have to whine about something and all gets adjusted for it!
    Now we have in PVE whole classes who are no longer vaible there, (in PVp also) and you still yearn for more????

NO LOVE FOR THIS!

Ah...here we go....maybe keep it constructive?
    Edited by Humphie on October 11, 2017 12:01PM
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

NO LOVE FOR THIS!

1) Every piece of new content is PvE
    2) PvPers deal with far worse performance issues than the rest of the playerbase
    3) The incoming nerf to Eye of the Storm is about as definitively "PvP only" as a balance change can possibly be; that morph is just definitively the wrong choice for PvE
    4) There have always been classes considered generally "not viable" for PvP, including for a long time magicka DKs, who do not have that problem in PvE -- you are correct that it is a problem of poor balancing, which applies to both camps, but ultimately is the burden of ZoS to get right
    5) There are things that PvPers have been complaining about for a LONG time that have not seen proper adjustment; ZoS looks at these things and decides based on the data whether or not they want to make changes. There isn't a magic in-road to the devs that PvPers have access to
    6) If you are having trouble completing PvE content due to a nerf you have much bigger issues to worry about than whether or not it a PvPer has been whining about something.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think about an own server just for PvP, were you can login with your account and play there PvP, with your own rulez and enjoy your game, then it is no longer necessary to adjust all and everything in the whole game towards PvP.
    And a seperated environment for PvP would make it possible to have a better performance there as well, I mean laoding screens, roll backs and everything else you experience in Cyrodill.
    Perhaps it would be vailble and possible to have a common server for both EU and NA.
    You could give sets other values as in PVE and skills other stats.

The best and shortest way to solve all problems at once.
  • gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    Yes is the obvious answer
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say ZOS has abandoned PVP, but ZOS effectively put Cyrodiil AvA on life support in 2014. It is badly neglected with dozens of significant issues, many of which ZOS has not addressed and/or will even speak to.

The only optimism I have is that ZOS *might* have a long-term plan to revitalize Cyrodiil that they haven't yet shared with us. I'm grasping at straws though as AvA does not seem to fit in with the ultra-casual PVE audience of ESO or its business model.

It often feels like ZOS is just waiting for us to leave so they can shutdown Cyrodiil for good.

Edited by zyk on October 11, 2017 1:37PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I wouldn't say ZOS has abandoned PVP, but ZOS effectively put Cyrodiil AvA on life support in 2014. It is badly neglected with dozens of significant issues, many of which ZOS has not addressed and/or will even speak to.

The only optimism I have is that ZOS has a long-term plan to revitalize Cyrodiil that they haven't yet shared with us. I'm grasping at straws though as AvA does not seem to fit in with the ultra-casual PVE audience of ESO or its business model.

It often feels like ZOS is just waiting for us to leave so they can shutdown Cyrodiil for good.

They have a plan to revitalize Cyrodiil ? Please share the link , I would love to read it .
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a plan to revitalize Cyrodiil ? Please share the link , I would love to read it .
    I changed the wording of my statement to be more clear. I am not aware of the existence of such a plan, but it is the hope I cling to.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I changed the wording of my statement to be more clear. I am not aware of the existence of such a plan, but it is the hope I cling to.

Was there any statements made to a revitalized Cyrodiil even ?