Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has ZOS Abandoned PVP?

• Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

Alright, who was flaming and naming and... wait a minute... Gina? Adjustments to Cyrodiil? I need more sleep I must be hallucinating.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would hurt to hear about these "adjustments". What are you all "fixing"?

It has been very longtime since anything has been done regarding Cyrodiil.

It needs way more than "adjustments" to get it sorted.

Please be more specific. Thank you.

Oh and PS4 EU server is alltime low on population and PvP "intrest" due various problems so hurry up with your "adjustments".
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides just fixing the balance/lag etc, it'd be nice to have more variety in PvP.

For Cyrodiil, they could add "Daedric Artifacts" that spawn at random dungeons/remote locations and give special buffs/abilities to the wearer, but despawn if the wearer dies.
    They could add NPC reinforcements or special siege weapons for the underdog faction that's getting zerged etc

As for BGs, it's simply a matter of adding MMR & a fixed leaderboard based on your win rate, and then rolling out seasonal rewards associated with it (can be crown crates, special unique cosmetics, titles etc).

PvP has been fairly static for the past 3 years, and the BGs they added don't really have the incentive they do in other MMOs I've played.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but after 3 and half years of the same routines on a unchanging map that bottlenecks the player-base and exacerbates performance issues, I can't say with a straight face I'm excited about the announcement of the closure of a dead campaign or some scoring adjustments.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the response.
    It is really nice to see you're actively monitoring the PVP threads and planning to make some changes and improvements.
    Indeed, there are too many Cyrodiil campaigns currently opened .

It will be awesome if the team will also have a look on the suggestions regarding pvp ranks & features I have made in the following thread and perhaps consider them:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4427280#Comment_4427280

Some additional features(within reason for balance) for existing and future pvp ranks will be most welcomed :)
    Thanks!
    Edited by Universe on October 11, 2017 3:57PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    I’m always the optimist, even to an unreasonable degree, and I don’t have the history most have with this game, but I have to say that while closing the two extra campaigns is a nice initial step, some sort of dialogue needs to happen. While we are a small player base, I’m imagining most of us are plus subscribers that they would prefer to keep in the fold.

I think it’d be a worthwhile to begin discussing how ZOS could realistically engage with us. They obviously can’t be expected to keep track of every thread and every contained idea, so this is what I’m thinking: if ZOS can agree to comment once a month on a compliation of feedback, that would be a nice starting gesture. I’m happy to take that up if Zos will take the bargain. Another: why not setup a discord so we can have our own sort of monthly or bimonthly PVP fireside chats? Just spitballing. Even a simple and quick pvp dev diary on their thoughts on the state of Cyrodiil and potential adjustments would be excellent.

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance on having a dialogue about starting a dialogue?
    Edited by Kaeriz on October 11, 2017 4:13PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never believed that Zeni stopped caring about pvp. They've stopped caring about a lot of other things, but I believe that the issues, bugs, and wishlist items for pvp still have a place in their discussions. I also believe that Brian and his team continue to advocate for Cyrodiil improvements.

However, I also believe that they honestly have no idea how to fix pvp performance and instability. I also firmly believe that the showrunners (and purse string holders) see more revenue from new pve content. Since they decide how the dev teams' work is prioritized, we get focus on pve and not pvp.

If I had to guess, I'd say the pvp team is as frustrated by that as we are.
    Edited by Reverb on October 11, 2017 6:12PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but after 3 and half years of the same routines on a unchanging map that bottlenecks the player-base and exacerbates performance issues, I can't say with a straight face I'm excited about the announcement of the closure of a dead campaign or some scoring adjustments.

I think you are right and it is never going to change direction . So I am completely done with it and washing my brain out with soap to enjoy what's left of ESO . I wish everyone luck but it's time for me to start enjoying things and not looking back into negative things anymore . Peace ZoS .
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

6) If you are having trouble completing PvE content due to a nerf you have much bigger issues to worry about than whether or not it a PvPer has been whining about something.

No problem at all completing any content, I just HATE it to regear every few months, just because all got nerfed and changed due to some complaining players in PvP who get killed by someone wearing this and that, using this or that ability and doing then this or that!
    PvP was created to die, LIVE WITH IT, it is all about WAR in CYRODILL, you die in a war, it is just as easy as it is!!
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hundreds and hundreds of pages, for years, by the community to improve and fix Cyrodiil.
    Not one dev response.

Now we get an announcement about an announcement.

I ain't holding my breath.

PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    omg, i love this game, but i really hope to see the PVP launch of it, cause so far it seems to be in Beta.
    The Pride of The Eagle is its power itself!
    Eagles, Advance!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense to @ZOS_GinaBruno , but when the only ZOS comment icons in PvP forum threads refer to forum moderators and community managers, the "we have seen that thread" and "we are looking into it" comments have very little credit.

When was the last time someone responsible for game mechanics and development actually commented on PvP in the PvP forum section? Do we even have a PvP developer still?

Saying "we still know you guys exist" once every couple of months obviously isn't cutting it. PvP is performing like an alpha version of a kickstarted game, and we are being given little to no information why it hasn't been upgraded in the last few years....So forgive me if I don't accept "we have seen your comments" for the 100th time after almost 4 years of degrading gameplay.
    No offense to @ZOS_GinaBruno , but when the only ZOS comment icons in PvP forum threads refer to forum moderators and community managers, the "we have seen that thread" and "we are looking into it" comments have very little credit.

When was the last time someone responsible for game mechanics and development actually commented on PvP in the PvP forum section? Do we even have a PvP developer still?

Saying "we still know you guys exist" once every couple of months obviously isn't cutting it. PvP is performing like an alpha version of a kickstarted game, and we are being given little to no information why it hasn't been upgraded in the last few years....So forgive me if I don't accept "we have seen your comments" for the 100th time after almost 4 years of degrading gameplay.

Quoted for truth.
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    A glimmer of hope! like 80% of the forum posts have been PVP related. I was skimming the the forum and I saw a reply from ZOS, I almost jumped out of my seat. Now lets see what these adjustments will be.
    Cropsford Mayor
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil seems like there’s no real direction , pretty much the same thing since launch . Still lacks end game incentives..
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont invest heavily in PvP when Camelot Unchained will just come along and kill the playerbase
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    They wont invest heavily in PvP when Camelot Unchained will just come along and kill the playerbase

CU is still a couple of years away. I'm sure ZoS will want to keep as many in the game as possible.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For starters, I don't think ZOS has abandoned pvp.

However, they haven't done a pvp-centric expansion past BG's being added with morrowind and duels with Tamriel one.

Cyrondil is one of the best "zones" I've ever seen in a mmo. It's huge, it's full of detail, most keeps have a flavor all their own (and surroundings). It's truly an all time great "zone" in a game. As great as it is, it's mostly been static for 4 years now... the only true changes were the removal of critters and deer... oh and a pillar here, a little something there... but, nothing really notable has changed.

Cyrondil is the heart of ESO (literally) and it really needs a bit more added to it.

I'd like to see the outside of the imperial city... It's a big area on the map that meaningful pvp could occur at. Let's add some more outposts... let's give people more reason to spread out and explore this fine map.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy with hitting a skill and having it work the first time instead of 5 seconds later. ZOS seems to have a lead foot on the lag pedal since the lightning patch. I would love to play in an uglier cyrodiil over a non functional one. Baby steps before an entire rework of a system that is so badly broken.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno - have you seen some of the ideas that were discussed int his podcast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFn-7Z7uOuQ
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »

Hundreds and hundreds of pages, for years, by the community to improve and fix Cyrodiil.
    Not one dev response.

Now we get an announcement about an announcement.

I ain't holding my breath.

Yeah, It is not so, that she has announced nothing.... they close some empty campaigns, they have forgotten to shut down after Midyear Mayhem and that will be all...
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP adjustments? Maybe some NPC nerf, removing campaigns and offer new sets at Golden (this one will certainly happen).
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where is the announcement GinaBruno?

Since it is friday and prime time how about you check your Cyrodiil population logs for PS4 EU.

Yes. It is an utter mess to put it kindly.

What are you gona do about this to sort this out?

Silence is speaking volumes like it has for months, monhts and months!

If it that you finally got bothered closing some campaigns that you should have longtime ago than breaking news that is NOT enough. Nor is it any improvement. Quite the opposite actually since that was your all job to do so ages ago.

People are getting really pissed off by this total ignorance and silence. Breaking news again it will affect the company wallet and if things remain as it is that is truly deserved.

You can't just type few vague words without any substance and expect that your customers will be satisfied forever and forever.

10 million players you all say.. well guess what that is rubbish. The game is not in good shape and PvP part is so messed up thank to your developing efforts that wohn't even want to describe it.

Oh... and WHO is actually responsible for improving Cyrodiil at the moment in ZoS? That should not be an secret so enlighten that as well IF there is a such personel / team even working at the moment.
    Edited by Miswar on October 13, 2017 5:12PM
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    So where is the announcement GinaBruno?

Since it is friday and prime time how about you check your Cyrodiil population logs for PS4 EU.

Yes. It is an utter mess to put it kindly.

What are you gona do about this to sort this out?

Silence is speaking volumes like it has for months, monhts and months!

If it that you finally got bothered closing some campaigns that you should have longtime ago than breaking news that is NOT enough. Nor is it any improvement. Quite the opposite actually since that was your all job to do so ages ago.

People are getting really pissed off by this total ignorance and silence. Breaking news again it will affect the company wallet and if things remain as it is that is truly deserved.

You can't just type few vague words without any substance and expect that your customers will be satisfied forever and forever.

10 million players you all say.. well guess what that is rubbish. The game is not in good shape and PvP part is so messed up thank to your developing efforts that wohn't even want to describe it.

Oh... and WHO is actually responsible for improving Cyrodiil at the moment in ZoS? That should not be an secret so enlighten that as well IF there is a such personel / team even working at the moment.

I'm thinking the announcement of closing the excess campaigns will come on Monday w/ the patch notes.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10000000 BOUGHT the Game, think about what will happen to the Servers, if they all want to play and login @ Prime this Friday the 13th....

giphy.gif
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10000000 BOUGHT the Game, think about what will happen to the Servers, if they all want to play and login @ Prime this Friday the 13th....

giphy.gif

Yeah and 9 970 000 have uninstall it pretty swiftly.
  • PocketAces13xb
    PocketAces13xb
    ✭✭✭
    Its a joke that them closing campaigns which should of been done months ago is their announcement. Let's hope they aren't that dumb and actually have good news for us...
    Pocket Aces 13 -Xbox NA
    509cp
    A Single Nut Lvl 50 StamDK
    Lets Get HighElf Lvl 50 MagSorc
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Why not try consolidating the campaigns AND adding a more specific population meter. I have no idea how many people are represent per bar, but if I see empty bars it discourages be from entering...
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For interesting cyrodil changes...see planetside 2 and what they did to that game.

There are four continents, each with its own personality. When the server becomes too lopsided and destroys a map, the map closes, kick all players out, and forces them to respawn on a different map. Were talking hundreds of players here similar to ESO tri war. The new map opens and all teamstart with eaqual footing. Occasionally the game will also put out what they call alerts.

An alert is serverwide and the same for each faction. You might get an alert that tasks the faction with capturing all bio labs in which there are three. Also mind you each type of base has a completely different way to capture it. Bio labs are only capturable by having infantry fights, air and tank players cannot partake in the flag capture directly. Other posts require a heavy air feature by blocking all infantry and tanks from getting into the base without air support.

I know much of the above info might be hard to follow, but every keep in eso is identical for keeps, leading to very dry gameplay over two years plus of doing it. I dont even siege anymore...i refuse to just because its so daggone boring. Not to mention the fights last mere minutes...compared to a similarly sized fight in planetside could last four hours of non stop fighting. This is mainly due to the "sunderer" bus, a player driven bus that players can respawn at, with nothing more than a few seconds of respawn timer. Also enemy players can respawn at their keep indeffinetly with similar seconds long timers. There is no "flagging" a keep in planetside. The only catch is you had to travel to the keep that was under attack. You could notninitially enter the post to defend it after just defending somthing on the other side of the map, only players that were already there could spawn there when the flags began being taken.

Another thing much different is that the flags were seperated by huge distances, they accually felt like large sprawling bases...contrary to this game where they dont seem to have ANY purpose at all. The flags needed to take one post were about the distance of the resources in eso, just for the keep. Just to ensure that the fight stayed spread out. Contrary to eso...where all keep taking takes place in a tiny room with two flags...

I loved planetside...i eventually left for ESO as i was under the impression that i was getting planetside...with magic and swords instead of guns and airships. Alas..planetside is all but dead due to a bad in app purchase system that leads to P2W. So here i am..wishing ESO would atleast TRY make the war more engaging than just logging in and finding a set of two keeps to run back and forth from
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you share with us what were the results after the noCP test 6 months ago?

It was a "Ban event". Many players from EU Megaserver are banned...
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why people are thinking this will be anything other than a couple of dead campaign closures. Maybe they'll change Vivec scoring. But that's it.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT