The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has ZOS Abandoned PVP?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering how much money they make for this game... yeah no doubt about it.

How many % of their investment into ESO goes to the pvp side of the game?

Would be surprised if it was 1% actually. They have not even managed to give us the lowest forms of incentives to fight for the campaign at all, been 3 years. They couldnt even manage to give some kind of say... AP reward or whatever for winning the campaign, so the players would fight to win.

It is pathetic.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP Eu Xbox doesn't even get 3 bars full lately and most are just troll groups , roll on if they ever merge the servers
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you share with us what were the results after the noCP test 6 months ago?

It was a "Ban event". Many players from EU Megaserver are banned...

Now this is interesting. Please elaborate on your theory?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this isn't the case but I'm pretty sure Gina was talking about closing the 2 extra campaigns lol because if it was anything significant they would have included it in the pts
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I just had an odd thought. I sure hope it won't come to pass. Like others has already said, yes it is possible ZOS might delete both the 2 campaigns.

However I have odd thought that ZOS might consider deleting both Vicec and Shor as well. Maybe in future., in which I hope not.

It's possible why we haven't heard anything until Monday (or later date). Because most probably wouldn't like, the new "unknown"campaign changes.

My odd thought is both 2 new campaigns will merge as one. Then Vivec and Shor will be merged as 1 to. The 2 new campaigns would be (30 Day Non CP) while Vivec and Shor would be (30 day CP Campaign)

then make 1 campaign for new PvPrs. Then kick them out while, later reach lvl 50 after campaign resets. (Currently) If I was going try save PvP. Have unknown campaign changes coming.

Even if we expect the 2 new campaigns close down. What if I was right (I hope not) But what if I was? None of us PvPer's would expect these new changes that I listed, Right? I sure hope my thought is wrong.

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has not abandoned PvP. They will likely continue putting some amount of effort into that area of the game.

However, they ARE going to ensure that their effort/resources are allocated in the most efficient manner, which in most cases will mean that PvP won't be getting as much attention as PvE, the amount of attention pvpers think pvp deserves/needs, or even the attentions it needs to flourish or see its full potential. To some PvPers, this means that the OP's question can be answered with 'yes'.

In other words, ZOS has shown their stance towards PvP by their actions. Draw your conclusions on whether or not they've 'abandoned' pvp in your eyes, then base your decision off that. If you find acceptable the amount of effort they've demonstrated they're willing to invest into PvP, stay. If not, leave.
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get update on this and about any new things we can look forward to with PvP? Thx
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

• Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you share with us what were the results after the noCP test 6 months ago?

It was a "Ban event". Many players from EU Megaserver are banned...

Now this is interesting. Please elaborate on your theory?

Sure, but I couldn't find english article for the mass bans in April, 2017

Google translated from german forum

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/333128/massenbanns-fuer-allianzpunkte-farmen-3-april-2017/p1

From KaiSchober:
    Hello everybody,

we have just taken action against a few hundred accounts that were involved in regular allian-crossing alliance point farms. Farms and castles were changed in order to achieve high volumes of APs in a short time. This behavior not only damages our PvP game and the community, but also violates the behavior. Accounts that participate in all-American AP farms are expected to suffer sanctions.

The following number of accounts were banned today:
    PC / Mac - Europe: 170 accounts
    PlayStation 4 - Europe: 42 accounts
    PlayStation 4 - North America: 39 accounts
    Xbox One - Europe: 50 accounts
    Xbox One - North America: 61 accounts
    The accounts have received at least a 3-day ban. In addition, all alliance points were removed from the account. If you are concerned, you have received an e-mail with an official warning.

We would like to thank everyone who has reported this exploit. Please continue to keep ESO's PvP content fun, competitive, and fair to all, by dispensing with this and other abusive behavior and reporting violations.

From Kai too:
    What do exploits and unfair behavior have to do with a performance test or the stability of the servers?
    You have not really understood what it is.
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭

How long is "in the next few days"? Already a week...
    Please fix the game!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyvarra wrote: »

I was just wondering what happened to this. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    will post more information about it in the next few days.
    next few days.
    few days.

One week later.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    next few days.
    few days.

One week later.

It would be funny if there was never anything to announce, and she said this to put them on the spot."I told the forums you guys were working on something for PvP, so you better figure something out". >:)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    next few days.
    few days.

One week later.

The exact reason the post was made. Lmfao
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Let’s go.
    We can’t.
    Why not?
    We’re waiting for Godot.
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There ain't going to be any improvements into PvP... it's a myth... possible fixes scheduled for 2023
    Edited by Miswar on October 17, 2017 7:10PM
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    there won't be improvements because some forum peeps are such negative nancies.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    next few days.
    few days.

One week later.

At this point I'm starting to think the answer to my OP is "Yes."
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »

Yeah I doubt that's the reason.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only thing negative at this time is the state of pvp right now.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol, and why do you think people are being negative nancies? If there weren't such big issues, there wouldn't be as many negative posts

That's like a chef saying, "I'm never gonna improve my food because someone tried it and gave me a complaint!!!"
    Edited by Stovahkiin on October 17, 2017 10:12PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »

Lol, and why do you think people are being negative nancies? If there weren't such big issues, there wouldn't be as many negative posts
    I don't think it's that much at all. The forums are known for whiny, entitled brats that would complain about anything.

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

I don't think it's that much at all. The forums are known for whiny, entitled brats that would complain about anything.

That is indeed largely true. The fact remains though that Zeni has neglected to make any substantial, necessary change for its PvP base, and more and more people will become vocal about that as time goes on.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is indeed largely true. The fact remains though that Zeni has neglected to make any substantial, necessary change for its PvP base, and more and more people will become vocal about that as time goes on.

Or, has been shown to be true in the past, simply stop logging on in favor of other games.

Take into account the remaining game release lineup for 2017 and just imagine how many players going to be sucked up by these games --

Oct 2017
    Wolfenstein 2
    Destiny 2 (for PC)
    Assassin's Creed: Origins

Nov 2017
    Call of Duty WWII
    Hand of Fate 2
    Nioh
    Need for Speed Payback
    Star Wars Battlefront II

Dec 2017
    Call of Cthulhu
    Dead Island 2

And in 2018 you have such monsters on the horizon as:
    Anthem
    Far Cry 5
    Final Fantasy XV (for PC)

... and many, many others.

The games that'll have the biggest impact on the PVP community are likely to be CoD, Battlefront, and next year's Anthem.

I know when Wolfenstein releases this game can rot for a bit while I play my fill of it.

Warframe's been drawing me back as well, due to their new miniXpack that's actually quite good.

And I neither game's devs have ZOS's history of failing to communicate with the community I've chosen to be a part of.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on October 17, 2017 11:07PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Until there are less and less people interested and they shut them up by attrition. This feels like deja vu all over again.
    Seen it in EQ2, seen it in Vanguard. Both great games with tons of potential for pvp, but resources were pulled on them
    for pvp. This game has them both beat by a country mile with the potential it has, and what it does already have. It's too
    bad. I read somewhere that initially there were like 10 servers with 600v600v600 on them and no lag, now we have.....
    That's a lot of lost revenue if that is accurate. Crazy thing is if they had given it the attention 10 servers wouldn't be enough.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

That's like a chef saying, "I'm never gonna improve my food because someone tried it and gave me a complaint!!!"

The customer should always be king!
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

Until there are less and less people interested and they shut them up by attrition. This feels like deja vu all over again.
    Seen it in EQ2, seen it in Vanguard. Both great games with tons of potential for pvp, but resources were pulled on them
    for pvp. This game has them both beat by a country mile with the potential it has, and what it does already have. It's too
    bad. I read somewhere that initially there were like 10 servers with 600v600v600 on them and no lag, now we have.....
    That's a lot of lost revenue if that is accurate. Crazy thing is if they had given it the attention 10 servers wouldn't be enough.

ESO has unfortunately been mismanaged from the very beginning. The original Dev team, while miles ahead of this current team, was too skiddish to commit to their original design plan and made a last-minute overhaul resulting in the horrible Vet Rank System which is largely to blame for why this game staggered at launch.

But at least that Dev team was driven by gameplay and game design. ZOS fired most of those guys and hired the current team which is mostly project managers who oversee the outsourcing of coding and artists who who drive the crown store. When that transition happened the game basically went on life support / low-power mode where actual gameplay expenses are minimized so that CS profits are maximized.

Invictus