Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has ZOS Abandoned PVP?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    full of excitement and anticipation...and the changes are:

anigif_enhanced-2083-1410395177-1.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    full of excitement and anticipation...and the changes are:

anigif_enhanced-2083-1410395177-1.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
    giphy.gif

Yea it's time to just move on. These devs don't have a clue, not even remotely. Doubt they have ever played it last 12 months. Firor, and Wrobel... How are you not ashamed at how bad this PvP, performance and balance are, and for how long it's been bad for? Have some pride in your work and sort this garbage out.

Edited by RandomName123 on October 23, 2017 7:49PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, that exciting new announcement?

Oh wait, the continued nerfs and gutting of any distinctiveness and charm from the classes we play. Thanks ZoS.
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    So, that exciting new announcement?

Oh wait, the continued nerfs and gutting of any distinctiveness and charm from the classes we play. Thanks ZoS.

We got wrobeled. I think any future games he might be involved with should come with a disclaimer. So I can know to avoid them.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new PvP feature is...wait for it...random, unannounced leader board resets. It keeps us on our toes.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The new PvP feature is...wait for it...random, unannounced leader board resets. It keeps us on our toes.

More RNG? Sounds about right.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance is about the same, except now you lose sound sometimes for a few mins.

Par for the course I suppose
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of buying a multimillion dollar Super Bowl add buy a multimillion dollar Dev team and watch the flood gates open .
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Killing the PvE campaigns is a decent start and I hope the performance fixes are effective.

in my mind, it could be a good change:
    - "We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements"- Given that players can combo 3-4 attacks in a few seconds, this might be a good performance change (and one we didn't think about.)
    - "Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph." IDK what a Scene Graph is. Is this the same "graph" Wheeler mentioned eons ago? Good change if its a same. That means they were able to find additional improvements where most of us thought there werent any to be found.

According to Google, a Scene Graph is:

"A scene graph is a general data structure commonly used by vector-based graphics editing applications and modern computer games, which arranges the logical and often (but not necessarily) spatial representation of a graphical scene. A scene graph is a collection of nodes in a graph or tree structure."

I did not understand any of that, so i needed to read up on it.

As I self-converted the wiki page text to more laymen terms, it seems I understand a scene graph as a way for the computer to organize reference information in order to render 3d scenes. After that, I'll need to keep reading to understand it more, but its sounds like ZOS is looking how it's game is rendered in order to fix areas it feels make performance lag.

Please anyone correct me if im wrong lol.

Sounds about right.

::puts on tin hat::

If how the game renders is being looked at, we can assume ray tracing/light plays a factor in how objects are viewed. So therefore it WAS the lighting patch that broke PVP ;)

Half-kidding.

Shockingly, I'm not going to disagree with you here, having lived through it and watched the entire playerbase yell at ZOS to revert the patch.

I think I caught Edge gaming taking to some devs. They stated what the performance fixes we're:
    - scene loading priorities before CWC were a bit more broad. Meaning it was trying to load almost everything in your view (which was a cause for huge load screens.). Now they prioritize loading of models close to your toon.
    - animation memory. Previously the game loaded all the animations on the fly. They now changed it so that they"pre-load" some animations and stated they will be looking to see what other animations can be preloaded.

Not sure what this means for PvP. The devs were not PvP based; @ZOS_BrianWheeler can we get your take on this!?
    Edited by Minno on October 26, 2017 6:10PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

Anyone knows what happens to @ZOS_GinaBruno ? She is so a reliable person, I think, her Über-Evil employer held her in Custody in his Castle of Doom....otherwise she had looooong come back here to give us the good news....
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

Anyone knows what happens to @ZOS_GinaBruno ? She is so a reliable person, I think, her Über-Evil employer held her in Custody in his Castle of Doom....otherwise she had looooong come back here to give us the good news....

sorry to say - the "good" news was they were shutting down the extra maps they had opened for the midyear mayhem event...

yep, soak it in - in all its totality...

gina's job is to put on a happy face and interface with the community...

she does a fantastic job - but, she can only provide feedback on zos' company line...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 2, 2017 7:47PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP from PvP... when there was an no cp event with double AP - forum was full of “had so much fun in PvP bla bla bla” posts...

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

sorry to say - the "good" news was they were shutting down the extra maps they had opened for the midyear mayhem event...

yep, soak it in - in all its totality...

gina's job is to put on a happy face and interface with the community...

she does a fantastic job - but, she can only provide feedback on zos' company line...
    Remove CP from PvP... when there was an no cp event with double AP - forum was full of “had so much fun in PvP bla bla bla” posts...

Hi just wanted to add
    You 2 have just made me smile, after reading this; Thank you both. :smiley:
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lmao. I've already jumped ship in this *** of the game, and I'm here at this point to watch this ship burn. I'd recommend that you guys do the same, because it's clear that Zemflex have no idea how an mmo works at all, or to even code one.

All they care about is making content to sell for casuals. *** the vets who been loyal to this game since it's horrible launch, we mean nothing to them. If they did, why the hell did they bring all the well known Eso players, only to *** on them once morrowind arrived? I mean Delta lost his *** after what happened. Why the hell don't they listen to us? Unless there's some kind of huge outrage going on?

Lets not forget that the hacking *** that happened. If a Hacker can go unnoticed for god knows how long until it was blatantly obvious, how the hell do we know if Zemflex has actually fixed the hacking problem? for all we know, they added some kind of program that a hacker can crack in less then 5 minutes tops.They're that inept. Not that they care, they have no sense of integrity.

A Quote from jim sterrling. "When a business is hot, you can do no wrong, but when the business is cold, you can do no right." Sure, their *** up isn't going to kill the game instantly, but it will long term. They already created that Resentment from the community, and people are finally fed up and are leaving, whatever you like it or not.

Once that happens, it'll become a domino effect. And it will be glorious.
    Edited by Gamerscape2007 on November 5, 2017 4:11PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't even bother to make an announcement, let alone have a plan to actually make some worth and badly needed changes. The performance in a PVP since the latest update have been dreadful, atrocious and worst ever.

And then you wonder why people make jokes of you all and you are not ashamed to "issue the first and the last warning" for the guys moaning in the PTS?

It's the cause and effect. People don't trust you, zos. Unless they see the evidence (none) people will be leaving and/or moaning. I for sure will never again buy any E+ sub or issue another dime for this if you don't make the pvp game more healthy. And seeing how unlikely that is, it's au revoir from me too.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh ! A ZoS person in a PVP thread ! Quick everyone tackle her ! Don't let her escape .

We have failed :(
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ooh ! A ZoS person in a PVP thread ! Quick everyone tackle her ! Don't let her escape .

We have failed :(

I knew it was too good to be true

Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    That is indeed largely true. The fact remains though that Zeni has neglected to make any substantial, necessary change for its PvP base, and more and more people will become vocal about that as time goes on.

Or less and less players will continue to be vocal as they get a clue and go away, which is probably what the devs are hoping for. Personally, I dont believe pvp has any place inside a rpg game at all. PvP causes more problems than its worth and the game would be better off without it, in my opinion. Take away the skill lines and rewards and most players would probably abandon it. If you have to schmooze players into doing something, you are just wasting resources.

I am hesitant to post this because I know I sound like an ignorant jerk, but it pains me to see you all so unhappy while there are so many good games out there with lag-free, balanced pvp. Games that were developed purposely to give you what you seek here. Hopefully I am wrong and the devs find a way to fix it that meshes well with everything else. I’d happily eat my words.
    Edited by Motherball on November 7, 2017 10:41PM
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motherball wrote: »
    ...there are so many good games out there with lag-free, balanced pvp. Games that were developed purposely to give you what you seek here. Hopefully I am wrong and the devs find a way to fix it that meshes well with everything else. I’d happily eat my words.

None of them fit my taste... So, i decided to cancel my subscription and will not renew it until there will by a MAJOR PvP Update...I have purchased Morrowind and every DLC except CWC so i have enough to do, when i will come back from time to time, to check the status of Cyrodiil.
    If ZOS just listens to Money-Talk, here they have...
    Motherball wrote: »
    Hopefully I am wrong and the devs find a way to fix it that meshes well with everything else. I’d happily eat my words.

I have Hopes too :) Your Symphaty is appreciatet !!!
    Edited by Mahabahabtha on November 8, 2017 4:45PM
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the IMPROVEMENTS etc? Well Gina Bruno... Nothing and silence again?

You new patch just screwed the loading screens into absurd levels and not even going to say anything about class balances.

So WHERE are the improvements and news?

...or did you development team screw things up yet again!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loading screens are more common than before. It used to be that I would only get them when group and a group member was not rendering in.

Now I get them solo all the time. It's not uncommon to force crash 3-4 times an evening in about 4 hours of gameplay.

And the sound cut outs are just getting disorienting.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading screens are more common than before. It used to be that I would only get them when group and a group member was not rendering in.

Now I get them solo all the time. It's not uncommon to force crash 3-4 times an evening in about 4 hours of gameplay.

Someone mentioned the invisible player bug in group was the culprit. If that's the case, we can assume the scene graph and animation priority changes broke pvp further.

And we still haven't had a PvP dev or performance dev comment within the context of PvP how the new performance fixes relate to PvP. So we can't even make accurate assumptions :(.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Someone mentioned the invisible player bug in group was the culprit. If that's the case, we can assume the scene graph and animation priority changes broke pvp further.

And we still haven't had a PvP dev or performance dev comment within the context of PvP how the new performance fixes relate to PvP. So we can't even make accurate assumptions :(.

There are likely more than just a couple bugs that cause loading screens.

If the "invisible player in group" was the only bug, well solo players wouldn't see loading screens.

I gave ZOS one verified bug that would 100% cause a loading screen of the infinite variety. That's when you use transitus to a cut off location (cut off when you are loading that is). As far as I can tell it was addressed in some fashion.

The real question that ZOS should answer is "do they actually follow up on bug reports"? or even in the rare case where the crash report comes up (lol@that), are they really following up?
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_Wrobel

You popped in, and gave people hope a month ago.

Any updates?
    14568938437_s.jpg

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaeriz wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you. I mean this with all sincerity: it's nice to know that zos is reading our thoughts w/ a mind beyond mere moderation. A little truly goes a long way.

Is there a chance you could express our desire for a simple dialogue to the team? I don't think any of us expect a significant allotment of time, and frankly I understand not wanting to engage w/ some of the less constructive feedback. That said, and taking the time to plug this collection of suggestions for Cyrodiil, a gesture of engagement from the pvp devs would be greatly appreciated. As above, a little goes a truly long way.

Please just make a presence felt on the pvp side of the sandbox. We promise to play nicely.

A bunch of us have seen that thread - thank you for creating it and formatting it in such a digestible, organized way. :)

I really hope some of this is getting implemented in the next update.

Would really like a PVP centered update. The last thing we got was town capture. Before was imperial City. It's been long enough.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you. I mean this with all sincerity: it's nice to know that zos is reading our thoughts w/ a mind beyond mere moderation. A little truly goes a long way.

Is there a chance you could express our desire for a simple dialogue to the team? I don't think any of us expect a significant allotment of time, and frankly I understand not wanting to engage w/ some of the less constructive feedback. That said, and taking the time to plug this collection of suggestions for Cyrodiil, a gesture of engagement from the pvp devs would be greatly appreciated. As above, a little goes a truly long way.

Please just make a presence felt on the pvp side of the sandbox. We promise to play nicely.

• Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Even as a congenital optimist, for the most part I’m lost to this game. I don’t blame ZOS as I understand the business perspective, and I did sincerely appreciate the monthly combat update over in the combat skills section.. At this point, however, I log in once a week and don’t feel the same allure as I have felt in the past to return to more full time play.

Perhaps some dev engagement to my thread would have changed things. I don’t know.
    Edited by Kaeriz on December 8, 2017 12:42PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, about that information.... Where can I find it?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems ZOS really has abandoned PVP, shame really.