The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has ZOS Abandoned PVP?

• terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    They dont even pay attention to this section
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has ZOS Abandoned PVP?

short answer: yes

long answer: yes and no...they place still looks pretty identical to when it started...IC was great, BG's aren't nearly the same as cyrodiil...

however: pvp does heavily influence gear and skill changes...

but, the place still looks the same...thankfully, occasionally I'll get in a large group fight in a location away from the emp keeps and inner circle...

would love to have more reason to have large scale battles in some of the larger towns, especially cheydindal...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 18, 2017 4:23AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really all they need to do for a short quick fix is give solo and small scale fighters somewhere to go. Caravan routes, all the small towns around need an objective, anything really. 90% of cyro is completely unused which is a shame because there are so many unique places to fight.

As far as fixing the ball zerg emp keep fiasco... idk... give them skooma and moon sugar and maybe they leave?
    Edited by Datthaw on December 18, 2017 11:44AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point; I’d be happy to just see @ZOS_BrianWheeler is still here
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    They have a plan to revitalize Cyrodiil ? Please share the link , I would love to read it .
    I changed the wording of my statement to be more clear. I am not aware of the existence of such a plan, but it is the hope I cling to.

"Ye who enter here, Abandon hope ." >:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao. I've already jumped ship in this *** of the game, and I'm here at this point to watch this ship burn. I'd recommend that you guys do the same, because it's clear that Zemflex have no idea how an mmo works at all, or to even code one.

All they care about is making content to sell for casuals. *** the vets who been loyal to this game since it's horrible launch, we mean nothing to them. If they did, why the hell did they bring all the well known Eso players, only to *** on them once morrowind arrived? I mean Delta lost his *** after what happened. Why the hell don't they listen to us? Unless there's some kind of huge outrage going on?

Lets not forget that the hacking *** that happened. If a Hacker can go unnoticed for god knows how long until it was blatantly obvious, how the hell do we know if Zemflex has actually fixed the hacking problem? for all we know, they added some kind of program that a hacker can crack in less then 5 minutes tops.They're that inept. Not that they care, they have no sense of integrity.

A Quote from jim sterrling. "When a business is hot, you can do no wrong, but when the business is cold, you can do no right." Sure, their *** up isn't going to kill the game instantly, but it will long term. They already created that Resentment from the community, and people are finally fed up and are leaving, whatever you like it or not.

Once that happens, it'll become a domino effect. And it will be glorious.

You mean like it has on the other side of the MMO verse in GW2? Lol I'm pretty sure the MMO genre as a whole is like this. Becoming MMO by MMO a genre the PvP or RvR oriented player would want to steer clear of for his/her life!

At least PvE in ESO is interesting and entertaining unlike in GW2.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on December 19, 2017 4:43PM
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Camelot Unchained... annnny day now... anyyyy day.... or year, decade?
    I have a feeling we will be waiting for PvP improvements until the moment that CU releases. If that happens, I will leave anyway, it only shows that ZOS does only the minimum to jerk around the player base.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »
    Camelot Unchained... annnny day now... anyyyy day.... or year, decade?
    I have a feeling we will be waiting for PvP improvements until the moment that CU releases. If that happens, I will leave anyway, it only shows that ZOS does only the minimum to jerk around the player base.

They need to stop jerking me around and atleast jerk me off... might get some pleasure at that point
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “This is fine”
    *burns in hell*
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is cloak "fixed" yet? wait, whut year is this?
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    Dear to whomever how about taking a break, hitting the pause button for one moment. I played Inkleburt on EP for 3 years and did not get any bonus or sort of anything except for a bit of DC sucks and Ep is the best. Anyway not recruiting at all but Ep is the best.
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Firor's 'Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond' article does not give me very much hope. There's more Nord content for Skyrim fans, more aesthetics, Homestead improvement and no mention of PVP outside of referencing Midyear Mayhem along with the rest of the annual events.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26275?Game-Director-Letter:-ESO-in-2017-and-Beyond
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Well, some people still have a little hope left for PvP improvements.

I want mostly three things:
    1. More Cyrodiil objectives and more diverse quests so both zergs and small scale fighters have something to do,
    2. BG needs adjustments and better matchmaking,
    3. Fix loading screens :)
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    natch potes for the new year please - looking for pvp info
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ZOS saying that 2017 was the year they’re dedicating to improving PvP, they left PvP pretty untouched.

Unless in their minds, they were talking about BGs and Midyear Mayhem, which spoiler alert, were not PvP improvements.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I think we seriously need to consider whether ZOS has just stopped giving a care when it comes to PVP in general.

Chronic issues that would be simple to address (empty temporary campaigns that badly need to be closed) have not even been commented on. Numerous feedback threads with long, thoughtful writeups that were posted in extremely constructive manners have been ignored. The PVP population dwindles more and more every day with Sotha Sil now essentially dead and all NA PC players not even able to keep the one remaining active campaign pop locked through the entirety of prime time.

At what point is the dream dead? Is this the equivalent of maintenance mode, just for one section of the game?

When do we give up? At what point does ZOS even reply to us?

Allow me to tell you why those campings are dead.

They are mostly emperor sellers out there everywhere with constant zerg groups, also one hitting everybody reguardless how pro you are, the campings are full of haxorz and so on and you are surprised why those campings are dead? these issues taking away the enthousiasm form the legit players, while other paying real money to get a cosmetick item, and and making cyrodiil complity abandoned. Lets face it it is not fun to play with cheaters and zerglings at all.

Faction members betraying eachother, there is no usnity and the list goes on, tell me who would like to play in those enviroment? becasue i am definetly not.
    Edited by TheValar85 on January 3, 2018 4:15AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if any of us pvp players get a patch note this year. Doesn't look like it though.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    I wonder if any of us pvp players get a patch note this year. Doesn't look like it though.

There’s 2 new battle grounds. That’s PVP. Unfortunately; it seems like just Cyrodiil is being abandoned
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

We are now in January 2018 and no campaign adjustments have been made. Only some minor fixes. Cyrodiil is laggier than ever before. It basically only became worse. So I wonder what "campaign adjustments" you referred to when posting this reply(?).
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    PvP players are minority in this game so ZOS decided it's better to design elemental crown crates for lulz and cash rather than make Cyrodiil enjoyable again :(

Brw I didn't really notice lag increase tho :open_mouth:
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Guess we find out when the new dlc drops (PTS notes can change 100% the day before) - we will probably get another carrot to wait for...
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mickydanz wrote: »
    Guess we find out when the new dlc drops (PTS notes can change 100% the day before) - we will probably get another carrot to wait for...

In the next patch notes, I foresee the following:

"Cyrodiil - It has come to our attention that there may have been some players still experiencing "fun" in Cyrodiil. We have insured that has been completely removed. It should no longer be an issue in PvP going forward."
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    To have a mod come in here and tell us that improvements are coming in the next update and then release the update notes with zero pvp improvements is pretty telling.

latest?cb=20150316200750
    Edited by Dreth on January 11, 2018 6:52PM
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    All who dare enter Cyrodiil abandon hope
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    To have a mod come in here and tell us that improvements are coming in the next update and then release the update notes with zero pvp improvements is pretty telling.

latest?cb=20150316200750

Well they did with AOE caps removal plus new BG maps.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Dreth wrote: »

latest?cb=20150316200750

Well they did with AOE caps removal plus new BG maps.

There is only so many times i can fight at the milegate and bridge before i want a change ...
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While finding the perfect spot to place a camp on a keep isn't an exploit, this is not intended. We will have a fix for this in the coming PTS cycle which means it will be fixed in Update 17. By "Fixed" we mean you can't do this anymore after that patch goes live.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4789793/#Comment_4789793
    /facepalm
    /headache
    /playdead
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JUST ONE CAMPAIGN WHERE PEOPLE HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE ALLIANCE....

The fact is PvP dropped off when you let people play for all 3 alliances at the same time. I know people will argue it, especially the trolls and people who don't care. But facts are facts
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JUST ONE CAMPAIGN WHERE PEOPLE HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE ALLIANCE....

The fact is PvP dropped off when you let people play for all 3 alliances at the same time. I know people will argue it, especially the trolls and people who don't care. But facts are facts

It certainly contributed to it.

I am faction proud (to an extent xD) with all 12 of my characters on DC. Being all DC doesn't limit any type of PvP in Cyrodiil. I can play small/mid/large scale and solo and in 2 seperate environments (Imperial City). I'd say my guild mostly plays objectives in Cyrodiil.

It should have been faction locked from the start, not just one campaign that is faction locked. Seperate campaigns is a good thing as you can chose essentially how many people you wanna go against, like a difficulty level haha.

But yeah Cyrodiil atm, no goal, bad lag, endless waves of mindless zergs.
    PC EU
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its been long gone since at least Dark Brotherhood patch I think patch 2.3 was when ZOS just gave up. PvP is definitely ZOS least priority at the moment I'm surprised we got pvp battlegrounds but sadly it was so poorly implemented that it shouldn't exist anyways.
    Edited by RebornV3x on January 18, 2018 3:04PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.