The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• Keryss
    Keryss
    ✭✭✭
    On my VR15 transfer, I noticed I only had 63 attribute points in use. I never got the final one, but after visiting a shrine to refund all attributes, I had 64 to spend.

Oh... Good news ! ;)

• Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keryss wrote: »
    Surgee wrote: »
    Now I'm forced to do damn daily dungeons (which I hate) just to get bone shield -.-.

So... that's the real problem for you... not the duration :)

The skill is available at level 4... So about 15 daily silver.

Makes me wanna respec to DPS already >.<...I really enjoyed being a pure support tank even though on forum everyone are saying there is no place for real tanks in ESO anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love dungeons...I'm a tank ! I just don't like where this is going. If all of the tanks are using bone shield instead of the other one, that means something is wrong. We need diversity in builds.

The big problem with ESO is that until you can really enjoy the game, you have to go through so much chore. All my friends who started the game with me and somehow got to 50, quit right after learning they still need to get through veteran ranks to enjoy real end game. Removing veteran ranks is for sure a step forward, but there is still so much that needs to be done. Sometimes seems like Zenimax is going back and forth non-stop with the changes.
    Edited by Surgee on April 26, 2016 12:27PM
  • Keryss
    Keryss
    ✭✭✭
    negbert wrote: »
    Not even that, you should be able to unlock it just doing the normal dungeons for the skill points.

Are you sure ?
    I'm a vet10 with my reroll, start playing in dungeons, and I noticed that only undaunted quests give XP in undaunted skills line.

Edited by Keryss on April 26, 2016 12:27PM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even that, you should be able to unlock it just doing the normal dungeons for the skill points.

Are you sure ?
    I'm a vet10 with my reroll, start play in dungeons, and I noticed that only undaunted quests give XP in undaunted skills line.

Can't speak about current state, but I remember last summer I received "Undaunted increased to level 5" in some Craglorn dungeon (not sure whether it was one for a quest, group or public, though).
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to all *** who cried about sorcerer shields being, in their conception, OP.

You often compared Hardened Ward to Blazing Shield pointing the time difference but you always forgot to mention that Blazing Shield explodes in output damage and is an ability used by a class with several healing possibilities while Sorcerers have Surge (and its morphs) that heal us for a very small portion of damage done IF AND ONLY IF it's a critical damage.

Now we have a very expensive and slow to cast shield ability (well... too if you count Harness Magicka as well), that is not as protective as most of cryers, mostly PvP'ers, think it is that lasts for only 6 F**KING SECONDS.

Just one very basic example: In VMA, only 3 non-mitigated hits of the necrotic orbs (or whatever is the name of the Nerien'eth-a-like flaming skulls) the first boss throws is enough to deplete all the 21k shields of a sorcerer with 100 CPs into Bastion. Considering that our shields takes 1.5 seconds (+/-) to effectively takes place due its animation, this single boss will be much harder for sorcerer without constant blocking/dodge rolling (which is now EVEN MORE expensive).

For the completionist POV, now I'll have to run after all achievements AGAIN, even the most ridiculous and stupid ones, with another character because this single change made to please PvP players (who got a f**king ton of boosts with poison changes) screwed the most developed character I have.

Can you now change the TOS too and allow me to sell the game I paid my license for?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »

Are you sure ?
    I'm a vet10 with my reroll, start play in dungeons, and I noticed that only undaunted quests give XP in undaunted skills line.

Can't speak about current state, but I remember last summer I received "Undaunted increased to level 5" in some Craglorn dungeon (not sure whether it was one for a quest, group or public, though).

Hmm I did every single dungeon in the game (except the big group ones) and I didn't get undaunted rank increase. I was only getting rank increase from their quests. Still at low level undaunted. I was reading somewhere you need to do daily dungeons.
  • Keryss
    Keryss
    ✭✭✭

Makes me wanna respec to DPS already >.<...I really enjoyed being a pure support tank even though on forum everyone are saying there is no place for real tanks in ESO anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love dungeons...I'm a tank ! I just don't like where this is going. If all of the tanks are using bone shield instead of the other one, that means something is wrong. We need diversity in builds.

I didn't speak about diversity in build... I just said that the stamina shield (bone shield) is a 5scd one.
    So it's a good thing that the Magic one has now the same duration. But, may be, they could have increased the bone shield duration, instead of decreased the duration of the magic one. But that's another pb... Zos must have their reason to decrease the shield duration (It's the same for Mage wrath).

Edited by Keryss on April 26, 2016 12:42PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to all *** who cried about sorcerer shields being, in their conception, OP.

You often compared Hardened Ward to Blazing Shield pointing the time difference but you always forgot to mention that Blazing Shield explodes in output damage and is an ability used by a class with several healing possibilities while Sorcerers have Surge (and its morphs) that heal us for a very small portion of damage done IF AND ONLY IF it's a critical damage.

Now we have a very expensive and slow to cast shield ability (well... too if you count Harness Magicka as well), that is not as protective as most of cryers, mostly PvP'ers, think it is that lasts for only 6 F**KING SECONDS.

Just one very basic example: In VMA, only 3 non-mitigated hits of the necrotic orbs (or whatever is the name of the Nerien'eth-a-like flaming skulls) the first boss throws is enough to deplete all the 21k shields of a sorcerer with 100 CPs into Bastion. Considering that our shields takes 1.5 seconds (+/-) to effectively takes place due its animation, this single boss will be much harder for sorcerer without constant blocking/dodge rolling (which is now EVEN MORE expensive).

For the completionist POV, now I'll have to run after all achievements AGAIN, even the most ridiculous and stupid ones, with another character because this single change made to please PvP players (who got a f**king ton of boosts with poison changes) screwed the most developed character I have.

Can you now change the TOS too and allow me to sell the game I paid my license for?

It happens to at least 1 build or class every update, usually after weeks of 'nerf this' crying and whining, get over it.

If it was your turn to get the nerf-hammer this update, it will be someone else's turn next update and you'll then be a better build than them - that's the way it seems to work around here.

EDIT: just realised that may have come across harsher than I intended, what I was trying to relay was "we've all been there" but it came out with my usual level of tact, apols.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 26, 2016 12:43PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to simply "get over with it" when all nerfs are usually applied to very powerful classes or at least strong enough to quickly manage to live with the nerfs while sorcerers have basically two things at our disposal: shields and Overload. Other than that it's a suffering to compete with other classes in terms of survivability and DPS.

And I play with all classes, so I know what I'm talking about.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Sorc shield is still on top of all re-castable absorb shields, just because each re-casting can proc Crystal Frag! Every skilled sorc knows how to combine shield-stacking + crystal frag procs in PvP battles, add some ports left and right (not streak^^) and this will work like a charm (still easy mode). You will have a little bit less dps but still mostly instant skills, no casted/channelled spells and very high mobility, while having best-def possible + max dmg output, all out of magicka/spell dmg.

My sorc sees no problems :)

The problem is that you can be put on the defensive really easy, if someone CCs you just before your shield runs out you'll have no defense unless you instantly break it and reapply the shield. Meanwhile you do 0 dps and the attacker can keep increasing the preassure. We all know some CCs take more time to break (Fear and Fossilze for example) which will make it easy to burst through the 22-25k health pool.

Sorcs will have a very hard time vs skilled stamina DKs and NBs, hard-CC > burst > ult > GG and GN

Welcome to the world of others classes and builds! Somehow we survived all those "horrid" CCs without shields!

So what class skills should sorcs use to mitigate dmg and heal themselves?
    Casting hardened ward only gives a temporary health buffer, it does not restore any health.
    Surge hardly works in pvp and the Twilight is clunky and unreliable.

The fact that sorcs have to recast their shields more often will require more magicka regen which means less spell dmg. And because sorcs will have to spend more time casting shields their dmg will drop even more. So their dmg output is nerfed in two ways and their defense is nerfed by 70%. Its not like sorcs are so OP at the moment that they need to be nerfed left, right and center.

p.s. I havent been played my sorc for months because its pretty bad in pvp groups but I have played one long enough to understand that this is a terrible dissension.

Break free and heal up! You have healing ward and rest of the Resto staff tree + potion to get your health up. Place 2 heavy armor in your build for survability. Sorcs aren't only class without class heal, heck even stambuilds depend from non-class heal abilities.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Surgee;2914917"

I didn't speak about diversity in build... I just said that the stamina shield (bone shield) is a 5scd one.
    So it's a good thing that the Magic one has now the same duration. But, may be, they could have increased the bone shield duration, instead of decreased the duration of the magic one. But that's another pb... Zos must have their reason to decrease the shield duration (It's the same for Mage wrath).

I think by decreasing the durations on several shields Zenimax wants to keep players more engaged in the battle by making them cast different types of skills often instead of just PDS and shield every 20 seconds or so...but why to keep the Magicka cost? I think they're doing more harm than good. All those 6 seconds long, expensive shields will be obsolete after patch. Really bad move. Zenimax, what's the point of having so many skills in the game, when only very few are being used?
    Edited by Surgee on April 26, 2016 12:49PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have characters of all classes too, which means I go through it with at least one of my characters every time there is a big update. I've been tearing my hair out over changes to every single one of them at some point or another over the last 2 years.

That's the beauty of having characters in all classes though, isn't it - can always play another character for a bit.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 26, 2016 12:49PM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I did every single dungeon in the game (except the big group ones) and I didn't get undaunted rank increase. I was only getting rank increase from their quests. Still at low level undaunted. I was reading somewhere you need to do daily dungeons.

Searched screenshots, didn't find one with the message on-screen, but found one presumably taken soon after -- inside the dungeon under Elinhir, inspecting achievements. I got "Undaunted skill master" (so it was actually higher than level 5 :)) right after "Dungeon Annihilator" (kill 10k enemies). So I guess the Undaunted exp came with the achievement.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Keryss
    Keryss
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doing every day 2 dungeons with my tank (in leveling). The silver one and the random normal one (for the 100 000 XP bonus).

The thing i'm absolutely sure, is that only the silver one gives me undaunted XP.
    Edited by Keryss on April 26, 2016 12:59PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing every day 2 dungeons with my tank (in leveling). The silver one and the random normal one (for the 100 000 XP bonus).

The thing i'm absolutely sure, is that only the silver one gives me undaunted XP.
    You don't get Undaunted XP for random normal dungeons because there's no quest associated with them. You did get XP the first time you completed each of them, but after that you need pledges (i.e. quests).
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about fix for crit charge also? It was bugging exactly the same as templar charge and shield charge. Not being able to crit charge on someone on completely flat terrain.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Also, I would like to know if we get free skill respec when the patch goes live. I already need to respec my character from last time changes were made but no respec given and now there is even more changes and I think lot of people will need that respec for free.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Keryss
    Keryss
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

You don't get Undaunted XP for random normal dungeons because there's no quest associated with them. You did get XP the first time you completed each of them, but after that you need pledges (i.e. quests).

That's strange, because for example, yesterday, i played in grotto for the first time. I used the group tool, random normal dungeon to find a group. So in the same time, i made the quest and get the skill point...
    But no undaunted XP....
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So essentially everyone has an absorb shield now.
    Stam Dk is clearly stronger than ever.
    Wrecking blow was renamed to "dizzying swing".
    Magicka Dk's lost burst through the proxy det nerf and still have no finisher.
    Sorcs now wear paper armor.
    Stamina Dk's are going to WRECK werewolves.
    Stamina users will use nirnhoned now because it scales weapon damage.
    Magicka users took a huge nerf now that they have no reliable weapon glyph besides sharpened.

And Cyrodiil is still laggy.

Welp. Time to switch my Dk back to stamina and stack shuffle with boneshield, hit vigor, and spam dizzying swing with my 6000 weapon damage. Good luck magicka users!
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how Sorc's always claim to have no heals and nobody speaks about Blood Magic, 8% passive heal, which they get every time they use Crystal Frags, or for each single Daedric Mine proc and, now, even Negate will proc it..

8% passive heal is huge

Sorcecer's defense is not all about Power Surge and Hardened Ward!

Edited by Francescolg on April 26, 2016 2:09PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Twin_II wrote: »
    Hagebutte wrote: »
    Focused Healing:

Renamed this passive ability to Sacred Ground.
    This passive ability has gained a new effect. In addition to providing the Minor Mending buff, it now also reduces the Movement Speed of enemies by 15/30% whenever they stand in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area of effects.

So the Major Mending buff is changed into Minor? That's kinda disappointing...

Must be a typeo -- I just logged into the PTS and it still says Major Mending.

It was a typo, and has since been edited in the patch notes. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how Sorc's always claim to have no heals and nobody speaks about Blood Magic, 8% passive heal, which they get every time they use Crystal Frags, or for each single Daedric Mine proc.

8% passive heal is huge, if and only if you know how to use it! If you understand that, we don't even need to discuss that!

The "new" Negate Magic should work with the Blood Magic passive, giving you 8% health per target hit, so you can spec in 2 (!) GT AE (Mines+Negate) and the strongest DD in game and each time you hit somebody, you get 8% free health.

But, psssst, nobody talks about that passive ability, as you haven't the last two years.. :*:*:*
    Sorc self-healing is not all about Power Surge, there are many more ways...

The new duration of the absorb shield doesn't matter for me, as long as every move I do can proc Crystal Frags and give me another free 8% passive heal :*:*:*

This is the silliest post I have read yet. This is our solution to getting beat down? Use an ability with a cast time that will do 50% less damage in pvp, hope they don't dodge/block the frag or just sidestep the mines, so we can get 8% of this halved damage back as health. Well hoooray we are healed back to nothing lol. Templar Burst heal and single target/AOE heals, DK burst heal AOE sap heal and single target slash heal that's instant, NB single and AOE heals. Sorc crit heal that doesn't work and Blood magic... lololol come on now troll somewhere else.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow so much good stuff here! Amazing little fixes and changes, will feed back in the corresponding threads!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how Sorc's always claim to have no heals and nobody speaks about Blood Magic, 8% passive heal, which they get every time they use Crystal Frags, or for each single Daedric Mine proc.

8% passive heal is huge, if and only if you know how to use it! If you understand that, we don't even need to discuss that!

The "new" Negate Magic should work with the Blood Magic passive, giving you 8% health per target hit, so you can spec in 2 (!) GT AE (Mines+Negate) and the strongest DD in game and each time you hit somebody, you get 8% free health.

But, psssst, nobody talks about that passive ability, as you haven't the last two years.. :*:*:*

The new duration of the absorb shield doesn't matter for me, as long as every move I do can proc Crystal Frags and give me another free 8% passive heal :*:*:*

This is the silliest post I have read yet. This is our solution to getting beat down? Use an ability with a cast time that will do 50% less damage in pvp, hope they don't dodge/block the frag or just sidestep the mines, so we can get 8% of this halved damage back as health. Well hoooray we are healed back to nothing lol. Templar Burst heal and single target/AOE heals, DK burst heal AOE sap heal and single target slash heal that's instant, NB single and AOE heals. Sorc crit heal that doesn't work and Blood magic... lololol come on now troll somewhere else.

I can't tell you how many countless sorcs I've played that use frags with great success, myself included. It's a great skill and if you can't see that you're doing it wrong.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    "U can choose any playstyle in our game blablabla create ur own build blablabla" (c) ZoS

but not stamina sorc

DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please tell us its very important!
    its only for pts and on live will beanother items or not?

im talking about PVP vendors at the gates

i cannot gound on PTS old sets here!!

where is Morag Tong, Cyrodiil Light, shadow Walker, and many more??
    green bags can drop only TG pvp sets, and elite vendor too!
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny how Sorc's always claim to have no heals and nobody speaks about Blood Magic, 8% passive heal, which they get every time they use Crystal Frags, or for each single Daedric Mine proc and, now, even Negate will proc it..

8% passive heal is huge

Sorcecer's defense is not all about Power Surge and Hardened Ward!

That passive has an internal cooldown, is based off of a resource most people don't stack, and is cut to a 4% max health heal in cyrodiil. Yes, a tiny little heal is all so noticeable.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless, doesn't sorc class shield stack with magicka while other shields stack on health?

Seems excessive to complain about a reduction in spell time as a nerf when sorc's don't have to use any other resource other than magicka.

Fair changes so far. But we need to look under the hood more.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, will ZOS be setting the review schedule for this update to be similar to the last update? Or should we expect a longer review process?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭

If it's not all that protective, it would never of lasted 6 seconds to begin with and you would have to recast anyway, right? That's how I feel about my igneous shield anyway.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

You get undaunted xp for completing the dungeon damage dealer/blocker/healer achievements (each tier of those achievements grants undaunted xp), and those achievements can be fulfilled in delves and/or in some quest areas. Some of my (less sociable!) characters have never ventured into a group dungeon ever, but have got to level 3 in the Undaunted skill line just from xp gained when getting those achievements.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 26, 2016 2:37PM