The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.1

• AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix to surge looks okay although the cooldown is still going to be more than .25. In practice I would think because of the gcd.

Disappointed at no further increase to pet dps or hps, and no improvement to daedric prey to make the affected target the pets default target.

Also pets need a health bar and a way to see pets buffs.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about being detected miles away from NPC guards in towers/castles?
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SIGNIFICALLY REDUCED THE VALUE OF STOLEN ITEMS? WTH NOBODY WIL STEAL ANYMORE IF IT HAS MORE VALUE WTH

Because it was way too easy to make money? You could easily pull down 8k a day per character without hitting your fence limit, in a short enough time to make farming gold across your alts viable. Yeah... that would have done horrifying things to the economy.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I think I /bugged it, but I didn't see any confirmation. Is the issue where, when characters first getting transfered over to 1.6 loosing any items stored on their horses getting looked at, or did that one slip through the cracks?

Somewhere in the patch notes there is a "Fixed an issue that was causing you to lose items when you first logged in to Update 6".

I think that's what they are a talking about. I won't be able to test until the NA characters get copied over again, but the EU folks should be able to report if they've had any inventory loss.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭

Racial
    • Orc
      • Heavy Armor Expertise: This passive ability now has an icon.

Gee, I've been waiting for buffs to orc racials to finally be competitive among all those fire walking dumber folks, but this is way too much, thanks! I'll be unstoppable now!
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the problem where you incur a bounty for killing people in a house into which you've broken.

No witnesses = no crime right?

If you pick your way into a house, and kill the occupants, you get a bounty increase and your wanted level jumps straight to Fugitive.

What gives?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    And all those winning sorcs got surge buffed, it's probably even better now since all morphs heal.

LOL... it most certainly did NOT get buffed. It got slightly de-nerfed. Now instead of fighting just one mob at a time, sorcerers are allowed to fight 4, because that's the max times we can surge heal per second. Woohoo.

I don't know why this is so hard for ZoS devs to understand: if Surge heals don't scale UP with the numbers of enemies we're fighting, we WILL die.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ben_ESO5 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Stealth abilities, such as Shadow Cloak, no longer prevent you from being witnessed while performing criminal acts.

What is stealth for than to keep you from being seen or witnessed? I think this is a bad idea on ZOS's part.

Not really...kinda bogus that Shadow Cloak could allow you to pick any barrel or unlock any container/door without risk.

How is that bogus? You're IN-FRIGGIN-VISIBLE!

You can mimic the EXACT same action with a Potion of Invisibility. BLAM the effect is open to EVERYBODY.

Nobody can cry about how it's not fair.. Why can nightblades go invisible and steal stuff and I can't? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Oh wait! I can with this handy dandy

POTION OF INVISIBILITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    SIGNIFICALLY REDUCED THE VALUE OF STOLEN ITEMS? WTH NOBODY WIL STEAL ANYMORE IF IT HAS MORE VALUE WTH

The value that stolen items had on the PTS was called out from the get-go as higher than intended in the Update 6 patch notes. Here is the original note, for reference:
    Currently green-, blue-, and purple-quality stolen items sell for more than is intended.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have a verification on what deprecated provisioning mats sell for in 1.6.1?
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Reremnu wrote: »
    are you serious? care to do some serious work on racial passives balance?
    Why are you ignoring threads regarding racial imbalance/race change
    (like this for example or plethora other topics regarding the issue)?

Our work on racial passives is ongoing. We have read the thread you linked, as well as others. With the recent changes from today's patch, which specifically do you feel could use looking at?

That's customer service right there :) .
    Edited by EsORising on February 3, 2015 10:31PM
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ageless wrote: »
    Getting into a the cooking of dishes again, I see everything has reset here as well. So now I'm up to clicking R 21 times for the Fishy Sticks, 22 times for the Rabbit Pasty, 4 times for the Breton Pork Sausage, 7 times for the Cheese Pork Schnitzel, 21 times for the Senchal Curry Fish and Rice and twice for the Camlorn Pork Sausage to get all meat dishes in.

Why not add a slider here in the food and drinks? Because pressing 59 times on R for the Surilie Syrah Wine option is not how I want to spend my evening.

There's an add-on for that. Multicraft
    Edited by wraith808 on February 3, 2015 10:34PM
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    For the guy that wrote the post about the justice system rewards being to high I despise you :| (not really); look what you've done "Significantly reduced the value of green, blue, and purple quality stolen items." :'( I guess it was pretty high but it seemed ok because you had to hold on to that money without dying and couldnt proceed with some quest or access your bank. I thought it was balanced, but it was pretty high I was leaaving dead bodies everywhere.

It's going to be really hard as a crimnal when they add the addition of players being able to attack you, but that makes it fun. They should make it so each time a player kills you he collects a portion of that bounty from you. Lets say you got 68k like i do now; 10% is given to the player that kills you from your purse if you have the money on you. That would be so awesome. :o
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    So you didn't adjust the exp from 400k for a cp. I'm going to assume you aren't going to. GG ZOS it's been fun

They put in a massive grind to compensate for not releasing any new content.
  • Sazakala
    Sazakala
    ✭✭
    All_Bizniz wrote: »
    WOW you all must be high. ZOS your 'fixes' are ridiculous. 1.6 should come out April 1st because this is a joke. I'm very sad and ill be quitting the game. (loved you eso... at one time)

Can I have your stuff?
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tested my Tank Templar now that we've got our characters copied on the EU side.

From the tests I made:

- My DPS was nerfed for about 15% (Yes I'm using Blazing Shield and Puncturing Sweep) -> That is Compared to the Live Version.

- HPS seems to be better / on par with the Live Version.

- While IPS seems to be much lower. Which is great as I am a Tank.
    Edited by Bloodfang on February 3, 2015 10:41PM
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Weird I didn't see a fix to the vampire skill that allows you to move at 40% speed for 17sec after draining an opponent. I know the animation works but it doesn't make you faster. Has anyone else noticed that's broken? Compare it to the ally 40% speed buff it's not even close; infact i don't think it increases speed at all. Maybe I'm using it wrong? I dunno. :|
    Edited by EsORising on February 3, 2015 10:39PM
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    The 'pop-up windows' explaining what happened to you in justice and all could stay on longer, or could use a button to kill them. Most of the times these start showing when you're still in severe danger e.g. because you're still attacking an NPC. I couldn't read more than half of them.

I did read "You are now notorious. You will no longer be attacked by the law." which I flagged as a bug, because being notorious... isn't that one reason the law will want to know all your movements. ;)

Also, life is cheap here in Tamriel. For attacking but not killing one NPC, I got a 126 gold bounty. I further killed another NPC -- without witnesses -- which increased my bounty to 241 gold. I was a "fugitive from justice" searched for by the law and guards would kill me on sight.

Just sitting here typing this, my status has just been reduced to "no longer reputable" with the guards no longer wanting to kill me on sight, and the bounty gone down to 231 gold.

Shouldn't bounties be a serious matter, several thousands gold?
    231 gold is stealing about 2 Captain Rana Jinx dolls and fencing those, then I still have change.
    Edited by Ageless on February 3, 2015 10:52PM
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »
    There's an add-on for that. Multicraft
    Perhaps so, but there shouldn't be an add-on for that. In my humble opinion.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it was way too easy to make money? You could easily pull down 8k a day per character without hitting your fence limit, in a short enough time to make farming gold across your alts viable. Yeah... that would have done horrifying things to the economy.

I think probably more than that if you took your time. IIRC, the most valuable items I found stealing (was in Riften) were ~600 gold. If you only stole and fenced those valued items, with the max at 50 per day, you're at 30k in one day from stealing.

I'd love to get rich like that, but I can understand the nerf lol

Blues seemed to exist at 600 and 750 versions.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Restoration Staff
    Fixed an issue where Restoration Expert and Restoration Master were increasing all healing done; this was not working as intended. Restoration Expert and Restoration Master now only increase healing done with Restoration Staff abilities. The ability tool-tips for these passives have been updated to reflect this fix.

Mending is now nearly worthless. Breath of Life's new animation is so long that it needs to be interrupted if you actually want to heal someone before they die. Healing bonus from Restoration staff is gone. Anymore Templar healer nerfs incoming?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gandogal wrote: »
    Nybling wrote: »
    Wow. Overload, wtf. Does ZOS even test this stuff?

As they stated in patch notes longlong ago regarding overload:

ride the lightning ;D

Overload got nerfed in my opinion. With the last update, they have removed the cooldown on Overload. So that you could spam it with high speed, which resulted in nice DPS.

Now, the damage got increase (though it's not 50% ,but I'm not sure.) But the cooldown is back again. Not sure if this is a bug or intended. But I liked it more with the cooldown removed.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Gandogal wrote: »
    Nybling wrote: »
    Wow. Overload, wtf. Does ZOS even test this stuff?

As they stated in patch notes longlong ago regarding overload:

ride the lightning ;D

Overload got nerfed in my opinion. With the last update, they have removed the cooldown on Overload. So that you could spam it with high speed, which resulted in nice DPS.

Now, the damage got increase (though it's not 50% ,but I'm not sure.) But the cooldown is back again. Not sure if this is a bug or intended. But I liked it more with the cooldown removed.

Yep, the GCD of Overload light attacks is back. :'(
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zavus wrote: »

Combat & Gameplay

[*] PVP kills no longer grant Ultimate.

Alliance War
    • Assault
      • Combat Frenzy: Reduced the Ultimate gain to 10/20 from 13/25.

?????

They are trying to get away fro Ultimates Online. They want it to actually be something special when you get to use an ultimate. This is a good thing.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I think I /bugged it, but I didn't see any confirmation. Is the issue where, when characters first getting transfered over to 1.6 loosing any items stored on their horses getting looked at, or did that one slip through the cracks?

Somewhere in the patch notes there is a "Fixed an issue that was causing you to lose items when you first logged in to Update 6".

I think that's what they are a talking about. I won't be able to test until the NA characters get copied over again, but the EU folks should be able to report if they've had any inventory loss.

Yeah, I actually missed that. Thanks.
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    keep nerfing ulti gain zos :p just keep going
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can no longer hold block while feared.

I'm suprised this isn't being talked about more, as if NB burst wasn't hitting hard enough with block up. I love the ambush fear combo, makes for fun play ;p.

With the changes of NB abilities to use stamina your mainly going to see all stamina or all magika builds. Remember fear costs alot of magika. So a stamina build will only be able to use fear once because their magika pool is so low, this also mean no vanish usage.

Magika builds will have much lower spell damage and a lower damage output than stamina builds but will be able to use fear more times but theys till have to be careful from over fearing because it will take away all their magika and have none left for their attacks.
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

No fix for Radiant Distruction passing through solid objects and being able to cast through objects if the target is tab-targeted?

Also, no mention of a fix for the broken stealth in Cyrodiil... :(
    Edited by Rainingblood on February 3, 2015 11:31PM
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Negate Magic: This Ultimate ability now removes enemy-placed effects when it is initially cast instead of constantly for the entire duration of the ability. Also, this ability’s cost has been reduced by 10%.

This Ultimate ability is no longer ultimate. I guess that's what we get for constantly whining how bad most Sorc skills are.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone with a copied character from the EU server please let us know what *old* provisioning mats from Live are now selling to the vendor for?
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • HyperToxic
    HyperToxic
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Negate Magic: This Ultimate ability now removes enemy-placed effects when it is initially cast instead of constantly for the entire duration of the ability. Also, this ability’s cost has been reduced by 10%.

How is this a fix or improvement?

You already nerfed the spell resist on Suppression Field and give it the same minor buff as the active ability Circle of Protection.

You forgot to fix the tool tip on 1.6 PTS as it still states that it dispels enemy placed effects for the duration.

This ability no longer feels like an ultimate - as if it ever did. So glad I decided that sorcs will never get the love and leveled a DK.

Honisly if all you did was remove softcaps and add the 10x like you said you would sorcs would be viable. But after playing all classes on PTS it is clear that you took everything away that would have made a Sorc fun.

Every class now has the same damage buff through the new Structured Entropy. But many classes already out DPS sorcs.

Crit Surge is now stamina bassed. You took the only Magika sorc class ability that heals - without nerfing the other classes.

What a sad future for sorcs. Get ready to give up all your bar slots for pets boys.
    V14 Sorc / V14 Templar / V14 Dk / V5 NB