The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno With the recent announcement from Chris Charla @ Microsoft regarding their change of policies which would allow developers to support cross platform gameplay I was wondering if it's a feature Zenimax/Bethesda would be considering taking advantage of and supporting in the future with ESO.
    @Tommy1979AtWar Already confirmed as not in the plans right now.
    Just to confirm, we do not have plans to support this new feature. If that changes, though, we'll be sure to let you know.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina,

Can Matt give a better state of the game speech in regards to his road ahead outlook?

Would be good to know his plan for ESO down the road. Is it going to be a game with no endgame content. PvP phased out. Is he trying to mimic a single-player game with cash shop sales?

Edited by WalkingLegacy on March 16, 2016 6:06PM
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno With the recent announcement from Chris Charla @ Microsoft regarding their change of policies which would allow developers to support cross platform gameplay I was wondering if it's a feature Zenimax/Bethesda would be considering taking advantage of and supporting in the future with ESO.
    @Tommy1979AtWar Already confirmed as not in the plans right now.
    Just to confirm, we do not have plans to support this new feature. If that changes, though, we'll be sure to let you know.

Much appreciated thank you
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browsing through the new forum avatars I found the current one I am using. I have not seen this style of armor anywhere in the concept arts or ingame armors. Just what style is this?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    How come you can stack weapon damage much higher then spell dmg? Theres no Mundus for spell damage bonus eiher, but thats not the biggest reason there is unbalance here.

The Apprentice?
    Edited by Prabooo on March 17, 2016 4:14AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Have you considered either coding into the core game or supplying a separate tool which players can run to gather data which they can submit for analysis? Credit to @Selstad for this idea.
    Selstad wrote: »
    Perhaps Zenimax needs to get a diagnostic tool programmed into the game, that players can activate to log what they're doing at the exact moment something happens that causes a lag. If enough players have this active and report, it should provide the data necessary to pinpoint what is the cause of the issues.

This might help with tracking down specifics causing lag or common bugs.

Edited by Turelus on March 17, 2016 1:15PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    Will eso make a option to start the 64 bit with the normal client? It can be quite frustrating that you start up 64 bit and then it says that i have to update the game >.<
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
  • Braddec
    Braddec
    ✭✭✭
    With the announcement of housing coming this year, are there any plans to introduce a carpentry skill line for crafting or adding furniture recipes to existing crafting skill lines?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GeertKarel wrote: »
    Will eso make a option to start the 64 bit with the normal client? It can be quite frustrating that you start up 64 bit and then it says that i have to update the game >.<

I was thinking the same thing, when this happened to me, I wanted to run the game 64 bit, launched, it said I have to update, so I had to run the 32 bit client, update and then close it and run the 64 bit, weird. I can not understand, why they did not incorporate it to one singe application, where we can choose either 32 bit or 64 bit and the updater would be for both..

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

ZOS, are there any plans to do this?
    Edited by altemriel on March 17, 2016 7:16PM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We have had the endless discussion in our guild about Maelstrom Arena. In the 7th stage there are these "things" that explode and give you a poison debuff. Are they flowers/plants or are they mushrooms? Please help us solve this 3 day ongoing debate.
  • Excelsiore
    Excelsiore
    ✭✭✭
    Mushrooms!!! Not flowers!!!!
    Excelsiore (Templar Heal), Raidguild: Unchained Animals
    World First Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj Hard Mode clear
    World First Sanctum Hardmode Clear (Dark Brotherhood)
    World First AA Hardmode Clear (Shadows of the Hist)
    World First Hel Ra Hardmode Clear (Shadows of the Hist)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeertKarel wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, when this happened to me, I wanted to run the game 64 bit, launched, it said I have to update, so I had to run the 32 bit client, update and then close it and run the 64 bit, weird. I can not understand, why they did not incorporate it to one singe application, where we can choose either 32 bit or 64 bit and the updater would be for both..

ZOS, are there any plans to do this?
    @GeertKarel @altemriel Once the kinks are worked out, I believe the plan is that the launcher will automatically launch the 64 bit client if your system supports it, or the 32 bit otherwise.

Although an option in Launcher Settings so we could choose which client to use would be better, I think. It's not like on Mac where the 64 bit client will be the only one supported, so the choice should be ours to make rather than the launcher defaulting for you based on system specs.
    Edited by Enodoc on March 18, 2016 9:40AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you believe it would be prudent to slow down the ambitious DLC release schedule (1 release per quarter) to ensure that what is actually released on live servers is as close to being bug-free as reasonably possible? I personally didn't experience too much difficulty on my system, though the 64-bit client seems as quirky as ever. The negativity surrounding the problems encountered through the TG patch (crashes, frame rates, flawed 64-bit client, etc) cannot be good for the general morale of players and developers alike, and I believe it would be a detriment to those who might be considering the purchase of the game.

I, for one, would be happier to see a DLC once every 6 months and be assured that the game would move forward in a smoother fashion, with high standards for quality testing and approval.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    Do you believe it would be prudent to slow down the ambitious DLC release schedule (1 release per quarter) to ensure that what is actually released on live servers is as close to being bug-free as reasonably possible? I personally didn't experience too much difficulty on my system, though the 64-bit client seems as quirky as ever. The negativity surrounding the problems encountered through the TG patch (crashes, frame rates, flawed 64-bit client, etc) cannot be good for the general morale of players and developers alike, and I believe it would be a detriment to those who might be considering the purchase of the game.

I, for one, would be happier to see a DLC once every 6 months and be assured that the game would move forward in a smoother fashion, with high standards for quality testing and approval.

same idea I got today, why release every year new dlc, when there are so many bugs. 64 bit client has many graphical bugs, cyro has lags, I usually play PVE, so I did not care about cyro at all, but I saw some minor graphical bugs when playing on the old 32 bit laucher, but now I tried the 64 bit and it is really funny, clothes missing, hair missing, horses pink, WTH?

I know that they probably want to expand the content and also so make more money for being able to make more content and also make some profit on that. but I think they would attract more people and probably also the elite players, who left because of the bugs and/or lags. If they would really dedicate one quarter to fixing all major bugs and issues, they would make the player base satisfied finally, and we would see the positive posts in these forums finally!

maybe even making the testing on the PTS longer, so that major bugs would be addressed and fixed there, on the test server, not on regular one.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Edited by altemriel on March 18, 2016 10:15PM
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is the next ESO live? We miss you guys.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • aria230
    aria230
    ✭✭
    How much longer until we get the barber shop option?
    I know you guys are working on it and I respect you very much for that,I just really need & want it, so I'm curious about a progress report. Please-please answer? :smiley:
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two questions:

1) What type of skull is used for the bosmer heavy helmet? About the only thing I think it even partially resembles is a welwa, though I'm not entirely sure.

2) Is the Hollow Moon Garb going to make a comeback? Maybe as a quest reward costume like the Skeleton Polymorph was made into?

Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    Will we see marriageable npcs and/or marriageable assistants in the near or distant future? Also are we going to gain quests to become a Vampire Lord and also quests to become a Werebear as part of downloadable content in the near or distant future?
    Edited by godagarah5000 on March 20, 2016 8:41AM
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are the chances of adding more weapon skill lines and associated weapons?

An example would be an actual skill line would be Bare-Handed (fist fighting) or Spears (non-Templar).
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, can you please fix a tooltip typo that appears on Xbox One?

There is a tooltip typo on the last paragraph for the Templar Nova ultimate and its morphs. The word "and" is typed twice. It reads:

"An ally can activate Supernova, dealing (x) Magic Damage to all enemies in the area and and stunning them for 2.5 seconds."

Thanks! Much love.
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭

speak for yourself
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said the next ESO Live will be on this coming Friday (25 March).
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigers grind to a halt at bridge entrances and small pebbles. Running is slowed down, Rapid Maneuver nerfed and have to cast repeatedly in towns until "ignites". I can't jump to rocks i used to before TG. Has ZOS cast an all-around CC spell over us? uh, why? erm, fix? And i dare to push my luck, ETA?
    Edited by helediron on March 21, 2016 6:11PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Who was Filestis? We know that he was an Ayleid noble who was given the Remnant of Light by King Anumaril of Abagarlas, which he then brought to northern High Rock. There he began building Erokii, Veawend Ede and later the Doomcrag. But who was he? Where did he come from? What was his relatioship with Abagarlas and Molag Bal? What was his fate? And what does the name Erokii really mean?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are there plans to add to our characters the abilities that Quen NPC in TG has, like climbing walls, fences etc?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

speak for yourself

:cry:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar and sands, friends. My question is: are you considering to introduce jewelery crafting to the game? If yes, how advanced you are on that project? We all would love to use our gold and pretty stones that "got repossessed" in Abah's Landing. May you walk on warm sands.
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we see marriageable npcs and/or marriageable assistants in the near or distant future? Also are we going to gain quests to become a Vampire Lord and also quests to become a Werebear as part of downloadable content in the near or distant future?

u can already download it. its called skyrim.
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

speak for yourself

:cry:

I feel your pain
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to touch on this subject, but as it is an important one: with the champion system being the new VR when implemented, it was mentioned leveling would be slower. Is this a final word, or are things being discussed still? If so, there a chance that you guys would open the final decision to your playerbase with several options on your course of action?

I apologize for asking this here, but I think touching upon it again generally in the ESO Live may be beneficial.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
This discussion has been closed.