Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are there plans to add to our characters the abilities that Quen NPC in TG has, like climbing walls, fences etc?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    When is the next ESO live? We miss you guys.

speak for yourself

:cry:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar and sands, friends. My question is: are you considering to introduce jewelery crafting to the game? If yes, how advanced you are on that project? We all would love to use our gold and pretty stones that "got repossessed" in Abah's Landing. May you walk on warm sands.
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we see marriageable npcs and/or marriageable assistants in the near or distant future? Also are we going to gain quests to become a Vampire Lord and also quests to become a Werebear as part of downloadable content in the near or distant future?

u can already download it. its called skyrim.
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

speak for yourself

I feel your pain
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to touch on this subject, but as it is an important one: with the champion system being the new VR when implemented, it was mentioned leveling would be slower. Is this a final word, or are things being discussed still? If so, there a chance that you guys would open the final decision to your playerbase with several options on your course of action?

I apologize for asking this here, but I think touching upon it again generally in the ESO Live may be beneficial.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to touch on this subject, but as it is an important one: with the champion system being the new VR when implemented, it was mentioned leveling would be slower. Is this a final word, or are things being discussed still? If so, there a chance that you guys would open the final decision to your playerbase with several options on your course of action?

I apologize for asking this here, but I think touching upon it again generally in the ESO Live may be beneficial.
    @PoisonedPaint Levelling up the individual Champion System ranks will be a bit slower than for the Veteran Ranks, as the amount of XP needed is more overall. For example, to get to VR16 right now you need 12,750,000 XP (above Level 50), while to get to 160 CPs right now you need 16,048,093 XP. But consider that the Champion System is account-wide -- every character will have the same rank, and all will provide XP to their progression. Getting 8 chars to VR16 requires 102,000,000 XP, while getting 8 chars to 160 CPs requires 16,048,093 XP. 102,000,000 XP would get all your chars to about 487 CPs.
    Edited by Enodoc on March 22, 2016 12:55PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys ever thought of being more involved in testing, like having events on the test server, maybe fight with or against the dev's and ZOS staff maybe run a dungeon with the QA team, or the dungeon developer, I can't help but think so many bugs would be caught and hopefully fixed before the launch of a new dlc, or major changes if they were tested better. I go to the test server never seem to be able to find anyone to do anything with. I know all bugs would not be found, and no matter how polished something is on test new bugs always seem to find away into the live server.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on March 22, 2016 2:18PM
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

@PoisonedPaint Levelling up the individual Champion System ranks will be a bit slower than for the Veteran Ranks, as the amount of XP needed is more overall. For example, to get to VR16 right now you need 12,750,000 XP (above Level 50), while to get to 160 CPs right now you need 16,048,093 XP. But consider that the Champion System is account-wide -- every character will have the same rank, and all will provide XP to their progression. Getting 8 chars to VR16 requires 102,000,000 XP, while getting 8 chars to 160 CPs requires 16,048,093 XP. 102,000,000 XP would get all your chars to about 487 CPs.

@Enodoc Thank you for your explanation! I just recently returned to ESO, so this whole subject has had me a bit confused generally, as well as with how the playerbase has reacted toward it.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    As for a different question, I apologize if this has been asked or answered again, but:
    With the Assassins Guild and Dark Brotherhood coming, will we have some versus action with the Morag Tong, considering they are rivals? If so, would we have the option to side with the Tong as a player-choice quest option by the end?

(They would still have the same skill lines, just a different group of people; perhaps instead of killing Tongs, we'd hunt DB members, vice versa.)
    Edited by PoisonedPaint on March 22, 2016 7:02PM

• Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    Good day. Some of the known issues on the console patch notes are severe. Not being able to res is pretty game breaking, a problem with forward movement mechanics is 99% of gameplay, and and not knowing the real stats of all of those passives in the champion tree will make life difficult. A. How long is it going to take for the next incremental patch to fix these on console, and B. could you go into some detail of how the champion tree passive values are off so we can attempt to compensate or do the math ourselves?

Thanks
    Edited by Trashyratchet on March 22, 2016 9:58PM
  • VamppireGhost
    VamppireGhost
    ✭✭
    What are the Wooden Letter Opener(s) and Boning Knife used for. I got them from a Thieves Guild reward box, and have yet to find their purpose.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good day. Some of the known issues on the console patch notes are severe. Not being able to res is pretty game breaking,
    Thanks

My character has that problem on console now. Others can rez him, and he has grand AND crown soul gems AND has the 'rez once per hour' thing from the soul skill line (can't recall the name, sorry) but has not been able to rez himself since the last patch.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*hug for Gina*

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one would like to know if you have any further plans to increase cross alliance play?

Specifically khajiit would like to know if ever cross alliance fishing will be possible? Even if this were only in an instanced space then Santie would be most glad for this. This ones guildmates from other alliances who struggle with the fishing would be glad also of this yes.

Santie knows players from all alliances and finds none of them to be cross with each other at all.

Therefore please give peace a chance and let us all go drunken fishing together.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you maybe add a way to get leather scraps from clothier surveys(eg. dead beasts from the zone)? As a medium armor user it is simply not worth doing clothier writs just for a very small chance for a dreugh wax.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason for the very different version numbers?

PC/Mac is 2.3.x with the latest DLC and patches
    XBox One is 1.3.0 with the latest DLC and patches
    PS4 is 1.12 with the latest DLC and patches

The PC/Mac and XBox One seem consistent to me, with that "3" in there. What is the deal with "12"? Why do that instead of something similar to the PC/Mac and XBox One (the "3") so that it is easier to see that they are the same version of the game? Is this a PS4 limitation?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross post from this thread.

Thieves Guild released and suddenly we saw the (old) undaunted "hybrid" sets make a come-back in the chests. Sets such as undaunted bastion and such. Well, when we used to get them.. max level was VR14. In the move to VR16 (I think is when) we quit receiving these. Now we are getting them again - as VR14 gear even on VR16 characters.

Was it intended to bring these sets back?
    If so, was it intended they only scale to VR14? Even though everything coming from those chests should scale to character.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the likelihood of adding animations to weapons?

For example, Abnur Tharn's staff has a small animation on the staff crown. If we pick up a legendary staff or craft one ... can a small animation be added to the staff (when charged) to add some realism?
  • Solace of Shadows
    “Why in the eternal hell pits of Oblivion are you so annoying?!” Wolf roared at me.
    “It's my superpower,” I explained cheerfully, “Once, I was so annoying I gave someone a concussion.”
    “...what?”
    “He banged his head against the wall trying to drown out my voice.”
    Wolf stared at me for a few seconds before nodding slowly, “Yes. Yes, I can see that happening.”
    Anyway,” I glared at Wolf, “I have a question. It has come to my attention that not all werewolves experience their wolves the same way. To some, they feel the same as the average everyday Human or Mer. Until, of course, they change into uncontrollable bloodthirsty monsters. Others feel the spirit of the wolf under their skin all the time which seems to give them a measure of strength. Until, of course, they change into uncontrollable bloodthirsty monsters.”
    “I, on the other hand, see the wolf spirit outside of me, walking and talking although I am the only one who sees him. Only when the change comes do I feel the spirit inside me, urging me to become a bloodthirsty monster like the lore says. But I seem to have no problem controlling myself. Does this have something to do with me being a vestige. Is it the lack of a soul? Or am I simply insane?”
    Wolf growled angrily, “Who cares! Let's kill something!”
    I sighed, “Why?”
    “Because I'm bored!” he replied.
    “Oh is that all. Hmmmm. Hey! How about a story!”
    “What? Wait! No!”
    “Once upon a time there was a plucky, handsome, charming, skillful, intelligent, amazing and modest Bosmer boy who….why are you hitting your head on that boulder?"
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Are you able to fix AC or is it still considert as a "skill* ?
    because its possible
  • andryuhav
    andryuhav
    ✭✭✭
    Are the devs aware of this bug? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/255107/vma-last-boss-bug
    Shortly put - a boss still lives on with zero HP - and if you die during that time - you failed.
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭

*hug for Gina*

such a kind soul!
    hagermanj wrote: »

speak for yourself

I feel your pain

might wonna get that checked out by a doctor then. or maybe a shrink
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Node scaling (dlc zones) is a major issue for me. Having a character craft already gives me no incentive to craft on an alternate character. But with this kind of scaling I can not farm mats needed for that alts gear, this compels me to run the DLC on my crafter main lest I feel I am wasting time as it yields zero progress for that alt. Would it not have made more sense to scale the nodes to the level of the character, rather than its crafting level??
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! Is there any possibility, that you will add russian translation to crown store? Many russian-speaking players could buy items there, but it's not always easy to fully understand items description.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “I do not have fleas!” Wolf growled as he turned around and sat, putting his back to me.
    “Stupid, uselessly short elf,” he grumbled.
    “Hey! Don't insult my height! I love my height! Being short is awesome. I'm harder to hit, harder to see, it's easier to hide and I'm constantly being underestimated. Also, with my eye level and the height of most females in Tamriel, I have a perfect excuse when I get caught staring at…”
    “Is this really relevant?” Wolf interrupted.
    “To what?” I asked.
    “To. Your. Question!” Wolf said through gritted teeth.
    “Nope. Hey, don't look at me like that! You brought up the subject!”
    Hmm, so that's what a pissed, mentally discombobulated spirit wolf looks like. Weird.
    “You shouldn't be so serious,” I said reasonably. “It's not healthy. That's why children live longer than adults, because they're not as serious.”
    Wolf groaned, “That makes no sense!”
    “Everything I say makes sense if you don't think about it too hard or think about it hard enough. One of those.”
    “That ...there isn't …people don't ...logic …” I interrupted his verbal struggle.
    “Oh please, my logic is loads better than other people's logic! With other people's logic two plus two always gets you four. My two plus two can get you a carrot.”
    I paused in thought, “Which is weird now that I think about it because I don't like carrots. If it was a sweet roll that would make sense but a carrot? Hmm, ah well, what was my question?”
    I don't know!” The words came out as an anguished moan of distress. I get that sometimes when I talk to people.
    “Oh! Right!,” I suddenly remember, “I have a question about killing werewolves.”
    Wolf looked up hopefully, “Suicide?”
    I ignored him, “All the lore books I've read say that silver is deadly to weres. But I have yet to see a single silver knife, sword, spearhead, axe or arrow in any of my travels. Also, the lore says nothing about poison affecting us but every time I fight in Cyrodiil, out come the poison arrows and here comes the pain! Where did all the silver go and what the hell is in that poison?”

OMG, please tell me u write novels or something somewhere :)
    “You shouldn't be so serious,” I said reasonably. “It's not healthy. That's why children live longer than adults, because they're not as serious.”
    Genius :)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »
    Hi! Is there any possibility, that you will add russian translation to crown store? Many russian-speaking players could buy items there, but it's not always easy to fully understand items description.
    @Scraelos Since Russian is not one of the officially-supported languages, that's unlikely, but you could try asking someone in the (unofficial) Russian localisation community RuESO if it is something that would be possible for them to do (if ZOS ever implemented the code to allow unofficial localisations).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Enodoc Thank you for your explanation! I just recently returned to ESO, so this whole subject has had me a bit confused generally, as well as with how the playerbase has reacted toward it.

There is also a catch up mechanic, but now that I am hearing 150 CPs it has slowed down quite a bit earning them. The first 80 were like every ten seconds. It didn't feel very rewarding at all.

And then I spent them on small percentage gains. So epic. I'm hooked. I want to grind 400 more so I can so powerful. /sarcasm off

Anyways, don't worry the catch up mechanic helps a little.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will Matt Firor be giving us a state of the game address at this ESO Live?

Will he be giving us some insight into the direction of the game? Scrapping PvP? Pushing more solo content? Linear DLC?

• Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »
    @Scraelos Since Russian is not one of the officially-supported languages, that's unlikely, but you could try asking someone in the (unofficial) Russian localisation community RuESO if it is something that would be possible for them to do (if ZOS ever implemented the code to allow unofficial localisations).

The localisation works well after thieves guild release. However it is forbidden to translate item descriptions in crown store. ZOS just don't want anyone to touch this part of interface.
    Edited by Scraelos on March 24, 2016 5:51PM
This discussion has been closed.