Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the my pet on both quickslot bars. Is there anyway to unsummon your pet? There are times when he gets stuck when going thru doors, and the only way to get him back is to unsummon him and then resummon him. Right now you have to enter the 'skills' menu, take them off of one of the bars, re-enter the 'skills' menu, and add them back in. All the while hope you will not get attacked.
    Edited by Easily_Lost on March 9, 2016 10:03PM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    any chance of adding a way for console players who have the option, to download the PTS client on a PC so we can help test with the new controller UI, new patch/dlc's without making us re buy the whole game for PC again? we have different view points and play styles then PC gamers and would be nice to give feedback before release.
  • Lithlo
    Lithlo
    ✭✭
    Been a loyal subscriber from the word go, but feeling slowly acidic and more compelled to write frustrated comments with each DLC that arrives.

So here is a fascinating concept for you Zos folks to get your head around: How about you just leave the game alone, the way it was, before you uploaded Thieves Guild, so we can actually play it and perhaps fix busted-a$$ DLC's before you upload them?

I cannot even log in now, 32 or 64 bit clients.

Come on Zos, we are not idiots here, sort this out once and for all? You have a decent subscriber base now, to pay a proper dev a decent salary to fix this sort of thing, before you wing it and upload incomplete content?

• olemike
    olemike
    hey everyone, what news about craft of jewels ? You talk about that last year, but now we don't have news. Thank you guys !
  • olemike
    olemike
    Hey ! Since I play at the elder scroll online, I swear one thing, it's about Bleakrock, all people say me they regret we can't reverse the situation on the island at the end of the principal quest, can you create a quest, secret quest, or a reverse system to cancel a quest already done ? Some people should do again some quest that they love. The secret quest should be a hide quest, invisible on the compass and the map, but just could be activated talking at a special PNJ. Secrets quests never be used in your game. You could test it to see if gamers love it ? I swear if you do that i will love you forever !
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who voices Naryu Virian in ESO?
    I would really like to know as she is my favourite character :)
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olemike wrote: »
    Hey ! Since I play at the elder scroll online, I swear one thing, it's about Bleakrock, all people say me they regret we can't reverse the situation on the island at the end of the principal quest, can you create a quest, secret quest, or a reverse system to cancel a quest already done ? Some people should do again some quest that they love. The secret quest should be a hide quest, invisible on the compass and the map, but just could be activated talking at a special PNJ. Secrets quests never be used in your game. You could test it to see if gamers love it ? I swear if you do that i will love you forever !

@olemike ,

see my small print below.

Still waiting for the quest where my character can set Bleakrock right again :)

Edited by hrothbern on March 9, 2016 12:06AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    Will you remove the motif drops from the boss in Bahraha's Gloom since people are spam killing the boss now? Makes the boss fight really boring. You could make them drop from the dailies and/or just from random thieving. That seems to make a lot more sense to me. (Thieves guild dlc and all)
  • Solace of Shadows
    “I've heard that many houses will be available for purchase in the near future and I just have one quick question about them.”
    Wolf huffed, “Why would we need a house? We sleep outside all the time.”
    “Yes. We do that because the inn''s are god's cursed expensive and it's making me dirt poor!” I said irritably.
    “So sleep out…”
    “The last time I slept outside, I was in Cyrodiil and woke up to some sorcerer’s pet trying to munch on my face! It's a good thing those things are so weak or I'd be all corpseified right now.”
    “Corpseified isn't a word,” Wolf pointed out.
    “I speak it. It conveys meaning. So therefore. Word.”
    ”Haven't others asked this question before?” Wolf asked while ignoring my unassailable logic.
    “Yes, well I'm going to ask agian,” I said
    “Hmph. Well fine, I guess you know that old saying about not succeeding the first time then.”
    “Yep!” I said cheerfully, “If at first you don't succeed. Cheat.”
    “That...isn't how that goes.”
    “Well that's how it goes for me!”
    Wolf sighed, “That’s going to get you in trouble one day.”
    “I'll burn that bridge after I cross it.”
    “That...you....ahhh! Gods above! Please. I'm begging you. For me and everyone else experiencing this conversation, just ask the gods damned question!”
    “All right, fine!” I rolled my eyes, "Jeez, if you can't say something nice, say something constructive.”
    “I am going to rip your face! ...wait, that last one actually makes sense,” he said reluctantly, “You get a pass on the face ripping, for now.”
    “Oh goodie. Now, my quick simple question is this: To earn a house will we to do a quest, the way most everyone in Tamriel wants it? Or buy it outright with gold, the way some people want it?”
    “That's two questions,” muttered Wolf.
    “Or by going to this place called the ‘Crown Store’, the way almost nobody wants it?”
    “That's three.”
    “Also, just so you know, you should never. Never ever, ever! Buy something from the Crown Store while you've been drinking. Otherwise you might wake up with a spiritual furry flea bag attached to your soul and not even remember the initiation process.”
    “I don't have fleas! I'm a spirit!”
    “What about spirit fleas?”
    “...shut up.”
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    As we all know now, after the thieves guild update, everyone who has reached Level 50 or VR1 could go on exploring and questing in regions of hostile alliances without finishing the main storyline, and we have to say this change is a great improvement on the exploring experience in ESOTU.

Unfortunately, with respect to the plot and the integrity of story-telling, this change does not make any sense and is very immersion breaking. However, we only need some very tiny changes to generally alleviate the immersion breaking and plot busting problems within the current cross-alliance questing settings.

First of all, we should not simply open the starting Wayshrines of the other two alliances for players when they reached Level 50 or VR1, which is ridiculous plotwise. Instead, we should only allow players to initially travel to the starting zones of the enemy factions through the ship docked in the port of the players' own starting zones.

Moreover, since the ships of different alliances look totally different, we should not make the first trip to the enemy territory an ordinary voyage, and simply let the plays spawn on a different ship in the destination and pretend it's the same one. Instead, a new loading screen should be added to show a picture of ships sinking in a horrible storm in one of the seas of Nirn with caption telling the fact that terrible storms do happen in the seas of Nirn and travelers are sometimes swallowed by waves, etc.

After the loading screen, players could simply spawn as characters in sleep in places where new plays spawn (for example, if travelling to AD, the cabin of the ship docked at Vulkhel Guard) just like after they got out of the wailing prison of Coldharbour at the very beginning of the game. After this change, everything will make much better sense, players are again actually rescued by sailor NPCs from the sea, and could interact with their rescuers to go to the starter islands of the other factions to start the new questing journeys.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a well-known fact of transliminal studies that Daedra do not have souls (reference text: Chaotic Creatia: The Azure Plasm, by Doctor Rhythandius). What, then, is it that occurs when a conjurer or mage successfully "soul traps" a Dremora or other Daedric creature?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Twing
    Twing
    Why aren't/can't 2 handed be considered as 2 pieces towards the bonus set?

and

Could y'all make the weapons slotted in the second bar an active part towards set bonus piece count?
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you test patches before pushing them? You know. By actually loading and playing the game.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Are there any plans to allow players to visit/explore City Isle?

AFvgLfc.png?1
    Edited by Gidorick on March 10, 2016 4:11PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is adding the ability to play as different bipedal Khajiit furstocks in any of ZOS' future plans?

jsvIUvI.jpg?1

What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to make:

-Research account-wide: because Research time goes to 30 days when reaching the nirnhoned trait. Add that time on 8 characters. that's 240 days for every character and that's without adding the time of the other research times! I know that some people like the idea so that you can research nirnhoned on an alt for 6 hours ,or 4 including you have all the research passives, but your going to spend a lot of time waiting in the end! So what's the point, if whatever you do you'll always have to wait the same time in the end.

-Mount upgrades account-wide: because in order to get a fully upgraded mount on all characters, you need 1,440 days! That's more than a year! And that's including that you research everyday. And in order to reduce that to 180 days that means that you need to have made all 8 characters simultaneously and spend everyday 2000 gold for all of them. And to upgrade them fully you will have spent 360,000 gold! I know that In order to get anything in this game you need money, but 360,000 gold is a bit too much when I could have spent it on agility , willpower set or other useful things.

-Motifs account-wide: You keep adding new motifs. And don't get me wrong, that's Great! But to buy them for every character. And glass armor is already difficult to obtain as it is, so why not make it account-wide to make things a bit easier. And sure you can buy it on the crown store but say you wanted it for all your characters. You'll need to spend 5000 crowns 8 times! That's a lot of real life money for a game. Don't get me wrong, I love buying things in the crown store. But since you keep adding new stuff, why not help your fans instead of drain their money.

-Achievements account-wide: especially that master angler achievment.

-Titles account wide: I really don't see the problem with a level 1 character having the title Beothiah's scythe or Grand overlord as he has earned it fair and square on his other character.

-Alliance rank account-wide: as it already takes an insanely enormous amount of time to get grand overlord on a single character. And so what if he got grand overlord on his nightblade and when he plays dragonknight he still has the title? He earned it fair and square and it's not like his experience fighting changed either.

The reason I really would appreciate this change is because: I'm always very hesitant to try a new character because I have to start all over again. I'm a bit of a completionist you see. And I have to do LOTS of grinding rather then playing and having fun.

• elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

AFvgLfc.png?1

I believe I've heard somewhere that that's where DarkBrotherhood will take place.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How are representatives to the Elder Council chosen?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    COMBAT BUG
    WHEN REPAIR THIS ?
    i have a NB and is a s....
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a new computer to regain access to ESO. When the computer arrives, I hope to download the game software to its hard drive. I want to continue using the same account that I already have.

Will I need to re-purchase the game software, so that I can install it on my new computer? Or is there a way to get the game installed without paying for the software once again?
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    olemike wrote: »

@olemike ,

see my small print below.

Still waiting for the quest where my character can set Bleakrock right again :)

I skipped the last part of the main Bleakrock quest with my main sneaky character just so that I could return to that village and do stuff. The unconquered Bleakrock Island is the best place in the game to do a number of the Justice quests, including mass murder and pickpocket—those two Dunmer women in the warehouse and the Bosmer by the windmill. Catch them alone and whack them; the guards won't see a thing. You can do animal mass murder, kill-a-cow, kill-a-chicken, kill-a-pig on Bleakrock, too. Bleakrock is also the 2nd-best place to snatch yourself some free grand soul gems.

(To kill an owned goat, you have to go somewhere else, like the Rift. And the best place to practice burglary break-ins and lockbox robbery is Shornhelm.)
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to make:

-Research account-wide: -Mount upgrades account-wide: -Motifs account-wide:
    I disagree. Your characters are different fictional people. Just as you can't go to college and share your education with all your friends, your characters shouldn't be able to do this either.
    -Achievements account-wide: especially that master angler achievment.
    Again, no, and the reason is similar. Your characters are different fictional people. It isn't about you; it's about them. One of them becoming famous for catching every fish in Tamriel shouldn't automatically make his friends famed for the same reason.
    -Titles account wide: I really don't see the problem with a level 1 character having the title Beothiah's scythe or Grand overlord as he has earned it fair and square on his other character.
    Likewise, uh-uh. I see plenty of problem with level 1 characters, say, having credit for beating the crap out of Molag Bal before they ever set foot in Coldharbor. Or credit for doing anything else that they haven't actually done. The title isn't the player's title; it is his character's title. Both the title and the character are fictional, storybook kinds of things. The player is a real person sitting in a real chair behind a real computer in a real house somewhere on a planet called Earth, not Nirn.
    -Alliance rank account-wide: as it already takes an insanely enormous amount of time to get grand overlord on a single character. And so what if he got grand overlord on his nightblade and when he plays dragonknight he still has the title? He earned it fair and square and it's not like his experience fighting changed either.
    Again, the title isn't yours. It is your character's. If you want a title to follow you around in real life, join the armed forces in your country and stay in them until you get some real rank. (Of course, if you die IRL, you probably won't be instantly resurrected at a wayshrine, and any plastic souvenir soul gems you might have been carrying around won't really work.)
    The reason I really would appreciate this change is because: I'm always very hesitant to try a new character because I have to start all over again. I'm a bit of a completionist you see. And I have to do LOTS of grinding rather then playing and having fun.
    We all have to do that. It's the most fun the first time around. It's kind of OK the 2nd time, but not as much fun because you already know where things are going. By the 3rd time you go through the main quest, and Cadwell's Silver, and Cadwell's Gold, its boring as heck. But that's what any of us have to do, if we want to polish up a new VR16 character.
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the purpose of Proxy Det? Right now battles are just gigantic Proxy Det wars more often than not. Is it intended for everybody to have and spam all the time? I mean if it's intended to be a zerg busting move, then why is it so powerful even in 1v1 situations? Do you want the PvP of this game to devolve into mindless 1-button pressing zergfests (overly simplified to be sure, but more or less accurate). I mean all you have to do is watch anybody streaming this game that's playing in Cyrodiil.

Actually I take that back, with the change of not being able to reflect Meteor, it's a 2-button pressing zergfest. Everybody runs Meteor and Proxy Det.

Why not have Proxy be weak versus a single target, but progressively scales up with the more targets it hits. Or you could have the move damage you as well. Sort of like a suicide bomber deal. That way there is a price to using it, and there is more strategy involved. Especially if you're Alliance has a forward camp deployed.
    Edited by Vythri on March 11, 2016 2:25PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there no Q&A from the February ESO Live with Eric Wrobel posted here????

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you change the Stage Timer on Vampires so that Stage 1 lasts 90 minutes and Stage 3 lasts 30 minutes, which is the exact opposite of what we have now? PLEASE???

• soleil.clercb14_ESO
    Will there ever be "legendary armor items" added to the game? As in one piece of gear that has a good bonus all on its own and looks cool. Similar to 1 piece bloodspawn / molag kena. Currently there's only master weapons from DSA and MA weapons.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I've heard somewhere that that's where DarkBrotherhood will take place.
    @elven.were_wolf Dark Brotherhood will take place in the Gold Coast, not City Isle.
    I bought a new computer to regain access to ESO. When the computer arrives, I hope to download the game software to its hard drive. I want to continue using the same account that I already have.

Will I need to re-purchase the game software, so that I can install it on my new computer? Or is there a way to get the game installed without paying for the software once again?
    @goatlyonesub17_ESO You should just need to log in with your account on the website and download the client directly from your account page.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an unfortunate situation where I accidentally placed several important items I had into the guild bank instead of my own bank. I was not able to get them back because the guild leader said they had no way of knowing what I put in. I understand that was my fault for doing that, but I think I'm probably not the only person who has ever done that as well. It seems the basic problem is the two banks are right next to each other and at least for me, it's easy to click by mistake the wrong one. Is there any plans or options for maybe moving the guild bank down to the bottom of the list so you absolutely have to intentionally select that option to put things in there? I have already looked for an addon that would maybe do a "are you sure" option before depositing things into a guild bank.. I couldn't find one.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QUESTION: Is the 20 min wait for Full Premade group (4 players) qeuing for Random Dungeon intentional or not? And if its intentional what's the reasoning behind it?
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    QUESTION: Is the 20 min wait for Full Premade group (4 players) qeuing for Random Dungeon intentional or not? And if its intentional what's the reasoning behind it?

I got similar questions...

Question: Is the removal of battle-leveling function intended when activating the group finder?
    Doing dungeons other than vr16 and with various level players is very painful again...

Question: Is it possible to get a "button" which automatically battle-levels your group dungeon?
    This would help so much when forming groups with different level players and especially in guilds.

Before TG update you could scale all different lvl players by activating the group finder and quickly deactivating it. Then manually inviting last 1-2 players. This way group could enjoy the dungeon no matter lvl, it tremendeously helped forming a guild group and pledge group. (pre-vr16)
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
This discussion has been closed.