Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had NO idea the grouping was this bad, as I tend to solo. That video, while way over the top in anger, illustrates some SERIOUS problems with this game, especially with the grouping mechanics. Every member has to do the puzzles separately? Group members may not complete a quest, EVEN if grouped at the time of quest completion? That's ridiculous and seriously game breaking.
  • Magnys
    Magnys
    ✭✭
    There are a good number of head scratching things they decided on with this game. I am in no way a hater on this game...please don't think so....I've actually been advocating for a lot of my friends to try it....BUT.....it's almost like they did not listen to many of the alpha and beta testers and left out, changed, or forgot a good amount of what "we" told them would set them completely above and apart from other MMO's.

How they (ZOS) did not see that gold spammers and Bots would be a problem shows some serious short-sightedness. It happens to EVERY MMO and other companies have taken simpler, more customer friendly ways to tone it down. Unfortunately they will never be able to completely remove them though.

As far as maintenance/downtime..Fixing issues with the game is completely necessary....but I will say it until I'm blue in the face...implement downloading in the background while playing. Have actual downtime when there is something catastrophic to the servers only. With today's technology there is no reason to have 2-3 "maintenance" days a week.

I believe it would help ZOS AND "us" customers if they (ZOS) hired more customer service reps to answer SERIOUS questions/issues on this and other forums. Also...have the customer service reps be completely honest with answers and not use the "standard" MMO CS responses.

Explain to the customers WHY they chose the things they did...what things they are looking to add that got left out in release build....and WHY they won't allow a TRUE question/answer session that is not scripted...to name a few things.

Crossing my fingers they start actively listening to their customers/fan base. Love this game and hoping it succeeds.
    To be the man you have to beat the man.
  • Pleaser
    Pleaser
    You cant even put a simple patch on the servers as we saw. Last attempts failed letting us wait every time longer then sheduled. 3 days back to back? Are you serious. How long will Craglorn take to patch than? A WEEK? Keep your Cracklord to yourself for the meantime thx.

I Demand free play time as any Serious Gaming Company in theese circumstances would provide or im unsubbing no matter how pretty your game is. You can bet your bottom Dollar on it. 2 Days Maintenence a WEEK is what you stated in your "False Advertisement" of this product. I have to deal with you failbobs everyday with Maintanence cause you cant play a damn simple 28 mb patch on it. And thats a fact we all on the european server feel on a daily basis. WTF?

And rename your damn Cotton. I'm not picking it up as a Redguard. Get my point ! Bunch of Racists down there in Bathesda ??? Hope you get sued for that one actually.

Im fed up with Game Companys behavior. We consumers have rights! You make us feel like we dont, than we make you force to go Free 2 Play. Get It? Good! You better have some idear of some SERIOUS Compensation and thats NO JOKE!!!!

STOP MAINTANENCE EVERY DAY NOW !!!!

Alles Jute ?!
  • flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    FIX BROKEN VAMPS
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleaser wrote: »
    or im unsubbing no matter how pretty your game is.
    Please do.

• Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gloinox wrote: »
    I just want u to see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4
    I mean he says some interesting stuff. I like the game very much but someone of zenimax should have a look at this!

Vargas and I don't are often on opposite sides of the fence, but in this.. 100% agreement.

While the show means he is expected to present an Unfavorable review from the disgruntled-players' perspective, I suspect this was one of those times he felt exactly what he was expressing.

When I originally purchased the game, I purchased several - specifically to play the game WITH relatives/friends. I haven't grouped with anyone in 2 days, and only Twice for the week.
    Grouping in ESO is simply Useless unless you are doing one of 3 specific things.

1 Cyrodill - PvP.

2 Group Dungeon (not many of these) - and HOPE the megaserver recognizes your group as a single group and places you all in the same instance.

3 Hunting minis- the overland static mini-bosses for achievements. Fun to run around finding them once, no "replay value."

I think the problem is that they were planning to make it an entirely PvP-oriented game, with a bit of PvE to drive lore elements, then realized along the way that such a game would flop so badly it would damage the franchise for years to come... and tried to backpedal and create an actual MMO... with no understanding or familiarity with MMOs.
    I don't just mean a lack of familiarity with Designing MMOs - they have made mistakes that any Player of an MMO could tell you not to do.
    Client-side collision and position/location process - allowing speed and tele hacks, and under-map movement.
    Unlinked dividing unit counts on item stacks in transition - allowing a dupe exploit.
    .. things that games have known Not to do since the very First MORPGs - but somehow no one at Zenimax knew to point out that these were bad ideas?

I'm not giving up on the game yet, but hope is fading rapidly. GMs working to remove bots were a great idea.
    Putting the timer on bosses - not so much since it seems to be buggy as well - eg : I enter a dungeon for the First Time, progress to the end and beat the boss, to loot ... 7gold.. no items. As if I had just beaten the boss prior.

IMO.. they can still save the game - but only if they're willing to gamble on it. They could pour enough money into additional staff and hours to rework the systems that just aren't working (overused phasing, etc) as a Group Game setting - - to repair the issues they have broken (or failed to fix since we were reporting them in beta) - - and to work IN-Game to combat the undesirables.. automated systems Just Don't Work.. even companies that do nothing else can't come up with a system that reliably finds cheats but doesn't ban innocents... and that's with years in that Specific field.
  • SteveRuimy
    As a competitive PVE player I'm really confused by the fact that you have not yet introduced "dummies" to test our skills and spells rotation on, it's a basic thing that should be implemented as we now know that Trials are coming up soon. Testing our DPS for PVE players is the most important thing to improve our character and our way of playing the game.

1 dummie for single target with basic boss stats

and 3 dummies to test aoe cycle rotation the same way
    Edited by SteveRuimy on May 5, 2014 11:37AM
    Light You Up
    Member of Alacrity
    World rank #1 Trials timers
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Please, do not reduce speed bonus for Mist Form while not in battle. It is very cool to fly as a cloud :) I agree, what in battles and pvps it is slightly OP, but ask you still me that flying experience. Thanks.
    Edited by Alexium on May 5, 2014 5:38PM
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/91966/patch-notes-v1-0-7

We were promised that u ll fix the issue while your character dies (as vampire) and bugs your abbilities. (Actualy to bug vamp ability is enough to travel to other zone, or crash from the game.

Why we r getting vampire nerf but not fix of this MAJOR issue which totaly changes our gameplay and makes it actualy very anoying if u r vampire???
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/93425/you-nerfed-vamp-because-few-people-cried-about-combat-tactics#2

Please read the post by Nef and the response by myself, Devs. The problem was not the vamp at all, but sorc and dk having a way to reduce ultimate costs to practically nothing. They should have been nerfed, not vamps. Anyone playing as a NB or Temp vamp does not have that abuse mechanic (definitely not NB).
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    Are they ever going to add Vvardenfell and any other provinces in the game.?..
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteveRuimy wrote: »
    As a competitive PVE player I'm really confused by the fact that you have not yet introduced "dummies" to test our skills and spells rotation on, it's a basic thing that should be implemented as we now know that Trials are coming up soon. Testing our DPS for PVE players is the most important thing to improve our character and our way of playing the game.

Since the game gives me no idea what damage numbers I'm doing then what's the point?

And no, I'm not going to use third-party add-ons for something every other MMO includes as a basic, must-have, feature.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raizin wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/91966/patch-notes-v1-0-7

We were promised that u ll fix the issue while your character dies (as vampire) and bugs your abbilities. (Actualy to bug vamp ability is enough to travel to other zone, or crash from the game.

Why we r getting vampire nerf but not fix of this MAJOR issue which totaly changes our gameplay and makes it actualy very anoying if u r vampire???
    Given how OP the Vamp is, or hopefully was after 1.0.7, how the Hell did a Vampire die???

• Brainzee
    Brainzee
    I mean he says some interesting stuff. I like the game very much but someone of zenimax should have a look at this!

Funny video all around, however what baffles me is the *** about horse/bag/bank prices.
    I mean really, I bought the fast horse 40k or what have you) to speed up my travels during leveling and I was arround 30-32?
    If people cared to sell all the junk they collect while leveling they might figure that horses, bag/bank slots are nowhere near as expensive as they make it sound to be.
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭

Competitive PvE player?

WFT?!!!!!
  • Syanak
    Syanak
    Updates look great. Quick thought towards future update occurrences, I think it'd be a nice little treat if there ever came the availability to re-edit your character's physical appearance. Maybe that's naive to bring up or no one really cares about it, but I thought it might be beneficial to a small percentage of players.

I know when I first joined, I thought the default height was rather tall, you know? I come to find out that the default height is no more than five feet tall. I abandoned the character at about level twenty because of that. Embarrassing to admit, but I'd rather not play a midget archer. In no way am I complaining or hate the game because of it, I just thought some players like myself out there might enjoy a little extra in-game character customization if an issue arises. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up.
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    That guy in the video linked earlier is crazy.
    If he would have done his homework he'd know they are working on improvements for the grouping system.
    Ai of NPC's could improve,reacting according to the situations danger-safe
    Those are about the only 'valid' points he makes.
    Well as far as I watched it..since I like the game most of it sounds like whining to me.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Competitive PvE player?

WFT?!!!!!
    Not necessarily all, but many players who one would label 'competitive' are the min/maxers who dictate the 'required' builds for others to have to be allowed to join their elite groups and who are demanding group-wide 'meters'.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 9, 2014 6:19AM
  • RemiNatuRe
    RemiNatuRe
    ✭✭
    Would be cool to make the NPC's a little more "loose" - they look like robots when they (for example) patrol on guard
    EU - Reminator Templar Heal Veteran 14 / Champion 140 (inactive march2014-june2015)
    NA - Alpha Remi - Nightblade Stamina DPS Champion 810 (active June 2017 -present)

PC

NA EP @AlphaRemi Active
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue:
    Players getting over-leveled

Possible Solution:
    Trade experience to lower character level

What would you get for your experience?

Player would receive unique emotions and actions (such as dances, instruments, movements, or even songs). Getting loot and experience from being at the correct level is almost reward enough, but getting extra emotions and actions would make a great "token" reward so that the player has something to show for their time. Presumably these unique actions could only be assigned at the account level.

Here's an example of how it might work:
    Player goes to shrine and prays to Hermaeus Mora. Hermaeus Mora sticks his weird tentacles into your head and takes your knowledge (all current and one previous level of experience). You then have a "vision" of your own character performing the new emotion or action. After the vision is over you receive a message in the upper left corner of the screen that says something like "You have learned /cartwheel."

Notice how the player doesn't get to choose what they get. It's totally random and handled by the developers on the back end. Fun for everyone!! The developers could design movements and emotions for various player levels so higher level players have emotions and actions that are not available to lower levels. Also a great side activity for developers and an opportunity to sort of "one-up" each other behind the scenes.

It might be nice to have a way to refer to your learned skills after the fact, but
    that's beyond the scope of this post. If you try a skill that you learned about from the web but that you don't actually have, then you get a message that says something like "You don't know how to do that."

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    RemiNatuRe wrote: »
    Would be cool to make the NPC's a little more "loose" - they look like robots when they (for example) patrol on guard

Yes different behaviors for NPC according to the situation in the area would be a nice improvement.
    I was rather surprised when I got a group invite today.Doesn't happen often
    And I will admit if you are really listening to the storyline of quests grouping is often more of a burden.
    Because you want to know what is going on while the others skip the talking.
    I don't like to group up and chat while I'm doing the campaign.
    Maybe i'd like to group if I found like minded players who follow the stories.

Maybe there should come a checkbox "mercenary" and "adventurer"
    The first one meaning that you are just in it for the rewards(those players that prefer to rush to the end of the quest)
    If you check yourself as adventurer it means you like to follow the stories.
    At least this would be 1 step towards finding a group you find confortable to stay in.
    I myself often think "i'd rather continue the campaign solo" if they rush and skip the story bits.

The campaigns are very enjoyable.
    And things like skull challenges brings players together but rarely in a lasting fashion.

No doubt the guild kiosks will bring players more together and increase the chance that more lasting relations flourish.
    I've been thinking about this alot too in all kinds of ways ;big guilds-small guilds ,expensive spots at the towncenters and cheap
    spots on the road so all guilds,big or small get a chance to make themselves known.
    That money goes to the alliance and 'the guilds of the month' could win a free spot at a towncenter of choice.

Maybe in the new area Craglorn lasting teamwork is required more(which would be very good)
    And I think they should implement systems like the guild kiosks that will increase the chance players find lasting relations
    early on in the game.

Perhaps there even could be a new skill morph option or a new skill line
    Where the unlockment of it requires group play.
    irre_greg wrote: »
    Player would receive unique emotions and actions (such as dances, instruments, movements, or even songs). Getting loot and experience from being at the correct level is almost reward enough, but getting extra emotions and actions would make a great "token" reward so that the player has something to show for their time. Presumably these unique actions could only be assigned at the account level.

this i've been thinking about too
    unlockable/interactable group emotes (like the wave)
    perhaps for celebration there could be one,or gardening
    Perhaps specific acrobatic tricks,...(acrobatics has been in elder scrolls before too)
    Perhaps acrobatics could be 1 of the unlockable skill lines in group

exchangable instrument songs that you can learn to other players over a very long period
    Edited by Tipsy on May 9, 2014 5:20PM
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked at the video ! OMG this guy were so right ! well I give 3 more month to Zeni to really improve their game. After that i'll see if i need to stop my sub !
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couple of points to make here. There are three issues that, in my view, need some urgent action to address:-

1. There is clearly a skill / difficulty issue with the main quest line, especially at the Halls of Torment part. Your forum is full of complaints about this, including from me! Or is the Torment supposed to be aimed at Gamers like me? I simply cannot progress, no matter what level I go back at.
    2. I'm playing on a Mac, core i5 3.2 ghz, with 8gb RAM, with a GeForce GTX 680MX graphics card with 2gb on board RAM.....and my god nothing has ever crashed so much as this game! Cyrodiil is almost unplayable, and Rivenspire around the main town is dire.
    3. I must have lost a sackful of skill points. Very dull. No way back from that. They have just gone......

It's a great game - the bits that work. Much better for a solo player like me than I had expected. It has huge potential. But please sort the bugs or there's just no justification for the quite expensive subscription.

Gaming should be fun, not frustrating and a grind.

Cheers.

Age. xx
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much nitpicking! but, thats what people do lol. Over Expecting if you ask me. Plus some things he started with, crime and thieves guild, are already mentioned as coming to ESO. Everyone wanted everything to be available from the get-go tho, so much that it wouldn't be possible to release any content that is actually new.

I can agree greatly about the games opening tactics. Horses and a playable race should never have been exclusive to the collectors edition. Pay $20 and avoid having to blow 17,200 of in-game funds.... so weak. The Explorers edition that comes with pre-ordering any edition is iffy too, as playing through the game you will see that there are NPC's of every race in every alliance, especially within the mages and fighters guilds. These things will just never sit right with me.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 12, 2014 11:08AM
  • Blackrim
    Blackrim
    ✭✭
    Hello first of all I would like to tell you this game is amazing, however I understand your graphics problem linking to the amount of players on the server the only things I would like to ask of you (and if you already are working on it) are the animations

I really enjoyed when I talked to NPCs in skyrim. They would turn around with their feet and would take their time walking, I've noticed in eso that all characters sprint immediately, is it possible you could have them accelerate overtime? Second to make a quest more impact full are the death scenes, I really enjoy them however I feel as if a core component such as a unique death scene that I really feel that "hurts" would be cool. (These are just my opinions) and finally the only other thing I would like to see in future updates is more of a non interactive conversation between two major npcs that I cannot skip, yet still have complete control of moving around. And looking freely at both of them? Is any of this possible to implement?
    Edited by Blackrim on May 13, 2014 4:07AM
  • Elidas
    Elidas
    Will you fix NB skills one day? It is frustrating seen all those patches and still no fix for the customers that want to play a NB
  • dynamite7673b14_ESO
    Pleaser wrote: »
    You cant even put a simple patch on the servers as we saw. Last attempts failed letting us wait every time longer then sheduled. 3 days back to back? Are you serious. How long will Craglorn take to patch than? A WEEK? Keep your Cracklord to yourself for the meantime thx.

I Demand free play time as any Serious Gaming Company in theese circumstances would provide or im unsubbing no matter how pretty your game is. You can bet your bottom Dollar on it. 2 Days Maintenence a WEEK is what you stated in your "False Advertisement" of this product. I have to deal with you failbobs everyday with Maintanence cause you cant play a damn simple 28 mb patch on it. And thats a fact we all on the european server feel on a daily basis. WTF?

And rename your damn Cotton. I'm not picking it up as a Redguard. Get my point ! Bunch of Racists down there in Bathesda ??? Hope you get sued for that one actually.

Im fed up with Game Companys behavior. We consumers have rights! You make us feel like we dont, than we make you force to go Free 2 Play. Get It? Good! You better have some idear of some SERIOUS Compensation and thats NO JOKE!!!!

STOP MAINTANENCE EVERY DAY NOW !!!!

Alles Jute ?!

You do have rights. The right to voice your opinion and the right to pay to play or not. Nobody is disputing that but that's about the extent of your rights.
    Nahte 26 - Sorcerer DPS
    Rebma VR1 - DK Tank
    Eener 20 - Sorcerer/Dedicated Crafter
  • dynamite7673b14_ESO
    KerinKor wrote: »

Since the game gives me no idea what damage numbers I'm doing then what's the point?

And no, I'm not going to use third-party add-ons for something every other MMO includes as a basic, must-have, feature.

Then you will never have it. Zenimax made the ability to create and use add-ons so every can customize the UI exactly the way you want without them having to spend a lot of time on it. I run like 40 add-ons and can customize each of my characters exactly the way I want. It's fantastic!
    Nahte 26 - Sorcerer DPS
    Rebma VR1 - DK Tank
    Eener 20 - Sorcerer/Dedicated Crafter
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    Patch 1.1 is a unicorn. You want it to exist. You wish it were real. Other people swear it's real and it's wonderful... but it's only a dream.
  • Akuydab14_ESO
    Akuydab14_ESO
    ✭✭

So much nitpicking! but, thats what people do lol. Over Expecting if you ask me. Plus some things he started with, crime and thieves guild, are already mentioned as coming to ESO. Everyone wanted everything to be available from the get-go tho, so much that it wouldn't be possible to release any content that is actually new.

I can agree greatly about the games opening tactics. Horses and a playable race should never have been exclusive to the collectors edition. Pay $20 and avoid having to blow 17,200 of in-game funds.... so weak. The Explorers edition that comes with pre-ordering any edition is iffy too, as playing through the game you will see that there are NPC's of every race in every alliance, especially within the mages and fighters guilds. These things will just never sit right with me.

Cry more cryyyy moreeeeeee. Cry moreeee.