The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sonnir wrote: »
    My top pain points with u35 Templar are:

1.Jabs animation is an abomination and ruins the skill (nerf is rough also but I can live with it)

2.Templar class lost its class identity because new jabs animation is the worst jn the game :(

Please, for the love of the Templar class, revert the jabs animation!

Im the opposite, i could live with the goofy animation if they hadnt reduced the damage and healing of jabs/sweeps
  • PntZ3ro
    PntZ3ro
    Soul Shriven
    Diundriel wrote: »
    PntZ3ro wrote: »
    this is from a pvp perspective, i have mained stamplar for 6 years in pvp they just get nerfed nerfed and oh wait nerfed.

ok so first off jabs looks awful what were the devs thinking put it back to how it was previously looks like a tickle stick which actually runs in line with the jab damage.. tickles..

templar needs a large rework full stop.

here are a few changes i propose that i dont think will make it op itll put it where it needs to be... in the same league as wardens and necros which are way too op oh and not forgetting nightblades

empowering sweep: is just for pve change this morph to give damage reduction back per player hit plar already has 2 sources of empower.

Cresent is just fine.

puncturing strikes:

both morphs need a buff in damage, it misses too much so widen the area or make it undodgeable. take off the major brutality and sorcery this is pointless give something along the lines of your jabs increase your damage done by 3% per each hit up to a stack of 3 landed on any target lasts for 6 seconds. javelin deals more damage than jabs that may as well be a plars main spammable and doest miss nearly as much..

shards:

are just a pve skill

sun shield:

needs to be put back to its former glory.

sunfire
    swap out one of the sunfire morphs to stam

solar barrage:

vastly increase the damage its a very very weak skill. used to use it back in the day an worked very well.

dark flare:

needs to be an instant its useless in pve and not much better in pvp its still too long and very rarely its seen in pvp maybe give it an instant cast but with a delay so it can be used as a combo.

backlash and both morphs should scale off both weapon and spell damage. potl needs major and minor breach or atleast minor maim and major breach. purifying light could possibly grant a boost in healing received while its active.

living dark needs its healing put back up slightly but would be fine if other heals were buffed

Bol and hod:

are fine and still strong heals.

healing ritual:

is a costly and void skill, yet another rework needed.

repentance:
    no one runs repentance it still sucks even after the minor regens.

ritual:

morphs are still decent

restoring focus:

now heres a skill that definitely needs to be changed, needs to have a 5% damage reduction to it and needs to be an embodied aura instead just like the wardens frost cloak no one stands still waiting to be killed. the mending doesnt even activate if you cast it while running or line of sighting. hence why i think it would be a great idea to change this skill to an aura which stays on the player. minor mending should be added to this skill and taken off the passive and to also last the entire duration along with a 5% damage reduction same with channeled focus.

passives:

piercing spear:

get rid of the crit damage templars are not built for crit more so for max spell damage and penetration even on stam builds
    swap it out for penetration like the warden has access too.

spear wall:

should last longer

burning light:

rarely procs when youre trying to fight a moving target 3 seconds isnt long enough especially when you get stunned or rooted. this should be changed back to having a cooldown of 3 seconds and for it not to stack and add minor vulnerability to whoever gets hit by the passive.

balanced warrior:

double the resistance but keep the weapon and spell damage increase as is.

Restoring spirit:

add 12% stamina and magicka regen on top of the reduced cost. other classes have regen built into their passives.

sacred ground:
    totally change this passive like ive previously mentioned no one stands in their aura's either when your getting zerged. also add major mending like the warden and mag dk have access to.

light weaver:
    this passive just sucks, extremely outdated needs a rework.

just to summarise

templars need added benefits more minor/ major buffs. remove empower add built in increased stat pools like health stamina and magicka an increase in damage as well as stamina and magicka regen.

p.s

wardens and necros literally have the passives that templars should have.

agree with most but repentance is a really nice group PvP skill - should stay as it is. The other morph needs some rework... besides that I would love to see healing ritual do the same heal as the bigger aoe rest prayer morph maybe even more but therefore much more expensive ... (yes it heals in a circle and therefore the aoe is bigger, but it does not add any buffs to the players that got healed).
    Furthermore, make templar heal ultimate again NOT Negatable (as it was till like 2020/21) atm it is useless in Cyrodil as you can easily get negated (especially in Keep fights ...who would have guessed). You are just a perfect, non moving, target for everyone and you have no healing whatsoever as soon as you get negated (you do get healing /protection from most other healing multis such as the night blade tether healing ultimate or the rest healing ultimate...

Really long ago templar heal ultimate actually gave inv damage reduction to people in your healing ultimate. Maybe it would be a nice idea to add a unique defensive buff or sth like crit damage reduction for 8 seconds, but also reduce the duration of the heal and make it unnegateable - at least the morph which makes you stand still ...

sorry im new to this forum and havent worked out how to reply just yet so im quoting your reply. repentance is still garbage bro unless youre running in imperial city or sewers or pve. other classes get regens in their passives. and the ulti youve mentioned should be like the wardens ulti it only gives resistances whilst its being cast and it should be negated just like other classes ults or the templars other ults i have no problem in that it is what it is its called negate for a reason lol.

if it would work like the warden heal ultimate it makes sense that it can get negated, you drop it on the ground and can move in and out of it as you want. with the templar ultimate you can not cast any other skills and are stuck in the damn animation.
    And repentance is really nice in group PvP when you continuously kill people the heal x 6 is huge and you can save it up for another push on your or enemies dead bodies.... solo and duo it is kinda useless in PvP

btw templar ultimate was not negatable for more than 6 years so, why is it now? I don't know anyone using it in advanced group play, all groups switched to nb tethers and barriers /resto as you get those heals still in negate (can cast it before and it lasts through the negate...)

• PntZ3ro
    PntZ3ro
    Soul Shriven
    this is from a pvp perspective, i have mained stamplar for 6 years in pvp they just get nerfed nerfed and oh wait nerfed.

ok so first off jabs looks awful what were the devs thinking put it back to how it was previously looks like a tickle stick which actually runs in line with the jab damage.. tickles..

here are a few changes i propose that i dont think will make it op itll put it where it needs to be... in the same league as wardens and necros which are way too op oh and not forgetting nightblades

empowering sweep: is just for pve change this morph to give damage reduction back per player hit plar already has 2 sources of empower.

Cresent is just fine.

puncturing strikes:

both morphs need a buff in damage, it misses too much so widen the area or make it undodgeable. take off the major brutality and sorcery this is pointless give something along the lines of your jabs increase your damage done by 3% per each hit up to a stack of 3 landed on any target lasts for 6 seconds. javelin deals more damage than jabs that may as well be a plars main spammable and doest miss nearly as much..

shards:

are just a pve skill

sun shield:

sunfire

solar barrage:

vastly increase the damage its a very very weak skill. used to use it back in the day an worked very well.

dark flare:

needs to be an instant its useless in pve and not much better in pvp its still too long and very rarely its seen in pvp maybe give it an instant cast but with a delay so it can be used as a combo.

backlash and both morphs should scale off both weapon and spell damage. potl needs major and minor breach or atleast minor maim and major breach. purifying light could possibly grant a boost in healing received while its active.

living dark needs its healing put back up slightly but would be fine if other heals were buffed

Bol and hod:

healing ritual:

repentance:

ritual:

morphs are still decent

restoring focus:

now heres a skill that definitely needs to be changed, needs to have a 5% damage reduction to it and needs to be an embodied aura instead just like the wardens frost cloak no one stands still waiting to be killed. the mending doesnt even activate if you cast it while running or line of sighting. hence why i think it would be a great idea to change this skill to an aura which stays on the player. minor mending should be added to this skill and taken off the passive and to also last the entire duration along with a 5% damage reduction same with channeled focus.

passives:

piercing spear:

get rid of the crit damage templars are not built for crit more so for max spell damage and penetration even on stam builds

spear wall:

should last longer

burning light:

rarely procs when youre trying to fight a moving target 3 seconds isnt long enough especially when you get stunned or rooted. this should be changed back to having a cooldown of 3 seconds and for it not to stack and add minor vulnerability to whoever gets hit by the passive.

balanced warrior:

Restoring spirit:

add 12% stamina and magicka regen on top of the reduced cost. other classes have regen built into their passives.

sacred ground:
    totally change this passive like ive previously mentioned no one stands in their aura's either when your getting zerged. also add major mending like the warden and mag dk have access to.

light weaver:

just to summarise

templars need added benefits more minor/ major buffs. remove empower add built in increased stat pools like health stamina and magicka an increase in damage as well as stamina and magicka regen.

p.s

agree with most but repentance is a really nice group PvP skill - should stay as it is. The other morph needs some rework... besides that I would love to see healing ritual do the same heal as the bigger aoe rest prayer morph maybe even more but therefore much more expensive ... (yes it heals in a circle and therefore the aoe is bigger, but it does not add any buffs to the players that got healed).
    Furthermore, make templar heal ultimate again NOT Negatable (as it was till like 2020/21) atm it is useless in Cyrodil as you can easily get negated (especially in Keep fights ...who would have guessed). You are just a perfect, non moving, target for everyone and you have no healing whatsoever as soon as you get negated (you do get healing /protection from most other healing multis such as the night blade tether healing ultimate or the rest healing ultimate...

Really long ago templar heal ultimate actually gave inv damage reduction to people in your healing ultimate. Maybe it would be a nice idea to add a unique defensive buff or sth like crit damage reduction for 8 seconds, but also reduce the duration of the heal and make it unnegateable - at least the morph which makes you stand still ...

sorry im new to this forum and havent worked out how to reply just yet so im quoting your reply. repentance is still garbage bro unless youre running in imperial city or sewers or pve. other classes get regens in their passives. and the ulti youve mentioned should be like the wardens ulti it only gives resistances whilst its being cast and it should be negated just like other classes ults or the templars other ults i have no problem in that it is what it is its called negate for a reason lol.

if it would work like the warden heal ultimate it makes sense that it can get negated, you drop it on the ground and can move in and out of it as you want. with the templar ultimate you can not cast any other skills and are stuck in the damn animation.
    And repentance is really nice in group PvP when you continuously kill people the heal x 6 is huge and you can save it up for another push on your or enemies dead bodies.... solo and duo it is kinda useless in PvP

btw templar ultimate was not negatable for more than 6 years so, why is it now? I don't know anyone using it in advanced group play, all groups switched to nb tethers and barriers /resto as you get those heals still in negate (can cast it before and it lasts through the negate...)

my mistake on the extra quote/ reply. i see what you mean negate is a very very strong aoe skill totally ruins mag users but lets stam users continue their attacks its not as if there is a version that negates stam attacks. anyways this is a templar thread.

yeah i think rather than standing there like an open target it should work the exact same way as the warden heal ulti, i only ran that when the resistance used to last after casting i used to cast it then cancel id be at full health and have a tonne of resistances for a few seconds. definitely agree that you should be able to move like the warden ult. its always been a dumb idea to just stand there and if the templar is a case of you make a stand in your house then templar needs huge resistances and tonnes of buffs to make up for standing there!

i see what you mean with repentance i see no point in running it myself as i mainly solo pvp. problem is like someone else mentioned is that they have taken away the fourth jab with jabs but havent increased the damage enough to compensate.

there are tankblades out there with 60k health walloping you for 14k+ crits where does the madness end?

i think we're kinda going off topic though, my main problem is rune focus morphs should be an embodied aura that sticks on you which should include 5% damage reduction from spear wall and for spear wall to give major protection for 3 seconds instead of 6 as well as minor mending sacred ground should be changed and have major mending added or an increase in healing done as apparently templars are supposed to be the boss healers of the game yet other classes have swiftly taken over this. jabs hit like noodles, i strongly agree with my suggestion that jabs should be buffed in damage as well as it granting them a stack of 3% damage increase for each jab landed on any player or monster up to a stack of 3 again this change will put it back to where templar should have been. also the burning light proc should give the enemy minor vulnerability.
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭

Cresent is just fine.

puncturing strikes:

shards:

are just a pve skill

sun shield:

sunfire

solar barrage:

dark flare:

Bol and hod:

healing ritual:

repentance:

ritual:

morphs are still decent

restoring focus:

passives:

piercing spear:

spear wall:

should last longer

burning light:

balanced warrior:

Restoring spirit:

sacred ground:

light weaver:

just to summarise

p.s

my mistake on the extra quote/ reply. i see what you mean negate is a very very strong aoe skill totally ruins mag users but lets stam users continue their attacks its not as if there is a version that negates stam attacks. anyways this is a templar thread.

yeah i think rather than standing there like an open target it should work the exact same way as the warden heal ulti, i only ran that when the resistance used to last after casting i used to cast it then cancel id be at full health and have a tonne of resistances for a few seconds. definitely agree that you should be able to move like the warden ult. its always been a dumb idea to just stand there and if the templar is a case of you make a stand in your house then templar needs huge resistances and tonnes of buffs to make up for standing there!

i see what you mean with repentance i see no point in running it myself as i mainly solo pvp. problem is like someone else mentioned is that they have taken away the fourth jab with jabs but havent increased the damage enough to compensate.

there are tankblades out there with 60k health walloping you for 14k+ crits where does the madness end?

i think we're kinda going off topic though, my main problem is rune focus morphs should be an embodied aura that sticks on you which should include 5% damage reduction from spear wall and for spear wall to give major protection for 3 seconds instead of 6 as well as minor mending sacred ground should be changed and have major mending added or an increase in healing done as apparently templars are supposed to be the boss healers of the game yet other classes have swiftly taken over this. jabs hit like noodles, i strongly agree with my suggestion that jabs should be buffed in damage as well as it granting them a stack of 3% damage increase for each jab landed on any player or monster up to a stack of 3 again this change will put it back to where templar should have been. also the burning light proc should give the enemy minor vulnerability.

I think the changes you suggest for the spear passive and templar rune are kinda nice, tho I think major protection for 3 seconds is too long (especially if you also get minor for free). I think it should be max 2 seconds so the passive really just helps you on being longer offensive and can't be carried to your backbar for a longer defensive situation.

what my comment with negate / heal ultimate was about:

until like 2021: you could sprint in front as a templar grp heal and anticipate the damage points of your / enemy groups to preventively place a templar healing ultimate - even if you get negated your healing ultimate kept running tho after it runs out, you had to roll dodge out of the negate to cast any mag skills ultimate etc. ...

now: anticipating damage points is still necessary as a heal tho you can not use templar healing ultimate for an anticipating play. If you now sprint in front near the damage point with the ultimate and get negated, negate interrupts/cancels you healing ultimate so as soon as you would need your anticipated group healing, you stop healing and are stuck in the damage point. Compare that to NB tether / Resto ultimate / barrier - one can cast any of those anticipating a damage drop and even if you get negated, you get a use out of them (if you casted healing tether before you get negated you still get the heal over time, barrier still the shield [and the heal if you got the morph] and resto still aims for the lowest player in your grp after enemies place a negate on you / your grp.

All I want is to have the anticipating group play again on the unique templar ultimate (especially as you sacrifice moving) and not get punished for anticipating your enemies moves (especially if you do not get punished the same way with different ultimates). Getting punished on warden makes 100% sense as you put sth on the ground - with templar ultimate, healing tether, barrier, resto ultimate etc you DO NOT put something on the ground (besides that I don't understand the balance if three ultimates work under negates and 1 does not...[work in the sense of continue healing / protecting you under an enemy negate]). So what I kinda propose is bringing templar on the same lvl as the other ultimates or give it a complete rework...

for most people this doesn't really make a huge difference anyway I know, but for 6 - 12 man group play in cyrodil it really does if you do your group play spreadsheet (you will aim for heal ultimates that continue healing and you can use anticipating the enemy group's moves ...). Besides that northern storm, destro ulti etc also keep running if you are on the offensive and the enemy group places a defensive* negate on you (as they stay on you ...). The only reason why you maybe would want a templar healer in grp (or want to be one out of multiple to be one) is repentance so you get free huge heals after killing stacks of players and nova (harmony synergy play) ...

*defensive not meaning the morph but the gameplay situation
    Edited by Diundriel on September 14, 2022 10:32AM
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
  • Vahndamme
    Vahndamme
    ✭✭✭
    Basically agree with plenty of things said here.

1. Templar identity was the jabs, the jabs got gutted hard because double nerf one on jabs and other on BL. Bringing back up jabs dmg would be a good start. Jabs only hitting 3 times is fine I guess, it ups the tempo, hurts the sustain a little maybe but it's really lackluster in dmg department. No longer packing a punch and easy counterable by movement or interrupting the channel.

2. Change the animation to something proper, something like it was before. This animation is abysmal.

PotL and Purifying Light both not stacking with both weap/spell dmg (=weird) esp when templars get minor sorcery... PL is super nice.

Also read above something about the passives, two passives that should basically be one like with DK's. Agree, give something fun or so.

The ultimates are all weak. Empowering Sweep could give major force instead of Empower as Empower is not as universal anymore? Just some idea, I have no idea if it would work out.

Major Brut/Sorc on Biting Jabs is nice but honestly, it got tuned down so hard? Might bring both morphs closer together , one healing and %dmg ramp up, the other ignoring armor partially and/or giving a shield instead of healing. Or regen, or leaving a dot albeit small dot. Like Flurry's morph.

Anyways, it's obvious Templars got hit hard esp in the 'identity' department.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    I'm really frustrated atm. My magplar was one of my strongest. Now I don't know what to do. Her health is so low and it wasn't before. I never died, like ever. I usually use someone's build because I'm not good at numbers and figuring out what to wear as to what works with CPs. Jabs feel like they don't do squat either. I hate that it doesn't look like your hitting anything.

That sounds pretty unbalanced. I mained Templar from my first day and honestly I think the class got too strong after the buffs.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please, please revert the horrible animation. It's sapped all the joy out of the class, atop the already heavy handed nerfs.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Ariordin
    Ariordin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, please revert the horrible animation. It's sapped all the joy out of the class, atop the already heavy handed nerfs.

We won't let this die. We protest until jabs is returned to its former (animation) glory.

• xthrshx
    xthrshx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, who at ZOS needs to see how hated this animation is to do something about it?
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    Can we pay some $$$ to get back old animation? I will give you the money.
    Just add animation in crownstore please!
  • Kookly
    Kookly
    Soul Shriven
    I can live with the goofy looks of jabs, but the dmg nerf is really a downer.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm i would like to see Crown Shop different animations on skills with different animation.
    Second they should add option to color spell energy i love that thing in Warframe you could color your abilities this way you could better immerse in game , something like blood templar(red-black abilities) or pure knight nightblade with yellow abilities.

• notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blah blah, old jabs revert, blah blah

but satire aside, there are a few issues that have been noticed about templars toolkit, which are listed below
    Empowering sweep
    This skill is the second source of empower in templars toolkit, and unlike the primary source it lasts for a much shorter time and costs ulitmate to cast, mix in the empower changes meaning it no longer effects light attacks and the fact that crescent sweep actually does ult worthy damage and this morph might as well not exsist
    Suggestion: Remove the empower and replace it with a generic +% buff that increases all damage you do based on the number of targets you hit while keeping the 6 second duration

Sun Shield
    While effective on paper you will never see this skill actually get used in game due to the fact that if you don't play to its gimick or are in capable of doing so due to being in a boss fight or a 1v1 situtation, you will be left with a lackluster ward for the or very close price of a normal, much more protective ward
    Suggestion:Increase the range of the skill or have it refund part of the cost based on the number of targets hit, with a lower amount giving a high cost refund

Nova
    A wonderful support ult that costs too much ult and hits too little to be used by damage dealers or tanks, and you'll never see it on healers due to the fact that tempalr healers bring little more to the party than being a healbot, which is something wardern and necro can do to the same degree, ontop of brining other utility to the team
    Suggestion:Up the damage, reduce the cost, give the templar the means to bring utility via letting them apply one or two of the harder to source de/buffs to the team/enemies

Prism
    Generate 2/3 ult when you cast a dawns wrath ability, 6 second CD, while functional it is outmoded when compared to dragon knights passive "mountain's blessing" or even the necromancers "corpse consumption" passive
    Suggestion: Increase the ulitmate generated or decrease the cooldown

Breath of Life
    This skill used to be the top dog, king of burst healing if you will, and then it got nerfed no less than four times and now is vastly inferior to its brother "honor the dead"
    suggestion:bring back the ability to heal three targets but make it so that the caster is alwasy one of said targets

Restoring/Radiant Aura
    a skill which applies minor magicka steal to all targets it hits, aslo gives you team minor recovery buffs, sounds pretty great on paper until you relise that you can only be effected by one source of magicka steal at a time, rendering this skill as little more than a slottable passive with inferior range when compared to destruction staff and its elemental drain ability
    suggestion:Bite the bullet and make it grant major magicka steal, this would also give templar a unique buff which would help them bring something to the table in the support role which they are meant to fill

Master Ritualist
    a passive which has become worse over time due to the game moving on while it remains firmly stuck in the past, as a result it is outdated to the point where the useful effects gained from it are avaiable in their entireity from champion points and partly from a gear set rendering them moot and the other part of the passive just gives you a soulgem 50% of the time, which are already overflowing into seprate stacks due to reaching the 200/stack limit in the first place
    suggestion:Replace the 50% chance to get a filled soul gem on ressurection with all restoring light abiltites apply a small HoT effect when cast on somebody below half health

So there you have it, some issues which i have noticed across my ~7000 hours playing templar as well as my (possibly questionable) suggestions on how to deal with said issues
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    They won't revert animation they add new animation to Isobel in new patch this means we must accept it.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    They won't revert animation they add new animation to Isobel in new patch this means we must accept it.

Yup, Shovel Knight is indeed here to stay:

v54a4oqa20tx.png
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Overland Cyrodiil in GreyHost is a ghost town this month in September.

Game is no fun due to lack of damage and silly changes to Templar. Its just mediocre now and lacks any real fun in playing it. Everyone is playing Night Blade and Warden. DKs are just support to their deeps now.

Really unfun and really embarrassing as a patch. Gameplay is poor.

__._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did someone tested changes to POTL?
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, mashmallowman did and posted about it on the forums (I think on pts section).
    Essentially 14-18 percent nerf
    Edited by gariondavey on September 24, 2022 8:30PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • colbycadwell
    colbycadwell
    ✭✭

Yes, mashmallowman did and posted about it on the forums (I think on pts section).

But even that wasnt a good comparison since bloodthirsty didnt even effect POTL in u35. A better comparison would be to test apples to apples on u35 and u36 while wearing infused jewelry. Im guessing its more in the neighborhood of a 30% dmg nerf, which is huge

• Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking to make a suggestion to address the self-healing weakness on Templar tanks:

Ever since the skill "Living Dark" was given a flat value, it is no longer as helpful on a tank as it should be. Previously, Living Dark used to scale with resistance or spell damage, now it's neither of those. Here is a proposal for a skill adjustment that can help Templar and even other classes and situations: Adjust the stationary Psijic healing skill "Introspection" to scale with health, not a flat value.

The current skill description is: "Focus your body and mind into a meditative state, healing for 1800 Health and restoring 1500 Magicka and Stamina every 1 second. Maintaining the channel increases the Health restored by 10% every tick, up to a maximum of 50%. You will remain in a meditative state until you toggle this ability off or are interrupted."

The reworked skill could look like: "Focus your body and mind into a meditative state, healing for 20% of your missing health, and restoring 1500 Magicka and Stamina every 1 second. Maintaining the channel increases the Health restored by 3% every tick, up to a maximum of 15%. You will remain in a meditative state until you toggle this ability off or are interrupted."

Thanks for considering!
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to play pvp with stamplar but:

1.New edition of jabs feel not like jabs and are weaker but cost are similiar to pre nerf version.

2.Healing are ok but defense are terrible as always, our defense are our healing wchich is bad thing.

3.Again i repeat Merge two passives in one Illuminate and Prism to work like Mountain Blessing. Why templar must have same effect in two different passives?!
    This way we have extra free slot for new usefull passive and this will be fair.

4. Soul gem passive need secondary effect that is usefull.

5.Remembrance Major protection should work like passive always and extra active is healing. Healing not grant allies those major protection than why it should not work always, this little change will make this ultimate VERY ATTRACTIVE.

6.Healing ritual spell need rework or buff in cost, grant minor expedition version cost in stamina and change to work like self vigor but with minor expedition. This way we get little extra movement speed and have choose with this or vigor (speed or defense)

Healing can be defense too but templar need overhealing mechanic something like extra health shield that generate when you have maximum health and it use 10-15% of your healing(repeat self healing no outside healing). This thing will make templar healing a real defense that is finally usefull. This thing are not gutted by battle spirit.

Edited by mmtaniac on October 27, 2022 11:11AM
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If @ZOS wont change the animation back to pre-U35, can you at the very least undo the damage and healing nerf to jabs/sweeps. Considering how much backlash the devs got about U35, we’re owed that much
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But even that wasnt a good comparison since bloodthirsty didnt even effect POTL in u35. A better comparison would be to test apples to apples on u35 and u36 while wearing infused jewelry. Im guessing its more in the neighborhood of a 30% dmg nerf, which is huge

POTL/PL rework > DoT on apply base version. When BL is proceed activate again for Burst flat DMG.
    Morph 1 > Base + Increased DMG against target 5%
    Morph 2 > Base + Healing received 35% of damage done