[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭
    Faint_One wrote: »
    1、temp tank still like a dummywood.Better with a soft control skill or health based burst heal

The direct health-based heal that Templar tanks need can be obtained by going vampire. It seems that barely anyone is aware that the "Vampiric Drain" skill provides this needed heal. One morph of it either regenerates stamina or ultimate, so this strongly hints at that this is meant for tank usage. Yes it's not great that Templar has nothing directly usable there apart from healing over time (the rune and Living Dark right now), but thankfully this option exists at least.
    Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <0.8s Sweeps / Jabs so we can actually weave on less than perfect connections and in content where you can barely see your character - pretty please!
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps as spell damage healing , jabs as max health healing cost stamina and damage from weapon damage just suggestion.
    Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love a sustain buff somewhere for Magplar too. Comparing to mDK for example is just painful now.
    Options
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    1- Obvious lack of mobility which is a huge joke for a supposed light class without light speed :pensive:
    (Light dash or Light speed for skill name which is just an idea)

2- Huge sustain issue for any archetype
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my inputs on fixing Templar.

Templar primary PVP stun is Toppling Charge yet it can be dodged and blocked; other classes that have a stun ability that cannot be blocked or dodged. Please do the same with toppling charge.

Templar Dark Flare and Solar Flare should not have a casting time as it causes animation lag if a player moves out of our line of sight it can render the templar vulnerable for a longer duration than the casting time listed; been in the animation once for about 4 seconds which allowed another player to kill me in PVP rather quickly because I couldn't use any other ability.

It would be nice if Templar had an ability that actually rooted targets. We got plenty of abilities to slow enemies down but nothing to root them in place.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 12, 2022 10:13PM
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point why not make these changes?

1. Magicka repentance. It’s not OP and rune heals, gives resistances and returns massive magicka. It would most likely be an either or skill with rune anyways and I don’t think magicka repentance would beat it out. As it is now the skill is underpowered. It’s not like it would matter if players slotted both anyways.

2. A drastic change to solar disturbance. It’s the weaker ultimate choice and it has very little strength in its diversity. Why not do anything else with it?

3. Explosive charge. Other classes have gap closers that do big direct damage + apply a debuff + do damage over time all in 1. This skill is prime for a change.

4. Having solar barrage work off your highest offensive stat. It’s just a flex skill anyways. I don’t see any reason as to why a stamplar couldn’t use it.

5. Having both power of light and purifying light both work off highest stat. 1 morph heals and 1 morph adds penetration both could be viable for all templars.

I don’t view any of these changes as OP, most of these changes just add the illusion of variety anyways bcz the alternatives are still much stronger. I’m just really bored of main’ing a Templar and looking at all those inferior skills.
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar need moar!
    Options
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to disregard anyone else's experience - but I have no sustain issues on my magplar. Ghastly eye ball & PFG keep me going.
    Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    Not to disregard anyone else's experience - but I have no sustain issues on my magplar. Ghastly eye ball & PFG keep me going.

I think it's not so much that you can't find a setup that is sustainable as that you have to sacrifice to do it, whether by running False God over Bahsei / Siro, going Breton, running Focus continually, not using Ritual of Ret etc.

This feels out of line when compared to, say, the latest MagDK position where they can run charged weapons for no damage loss and easy sustain with far less / no compromise.
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    On templar you need to build for sustain on every build. I need atleast 2k stamina regen or more + rune and still is not enough sometimes compare that to other classes wchich have sustain for free
    DK just Jump with ult full stamina , Nb just wait 20sec and voila half bar of stamina for free, Sorc just change magicka on stamina or stamina on magicka , this is from classic classes i won't count dlc. Templar have worst of them.
    Problem with repentence i see you must kill enemy in actual meta of unkillable builds it's little useless
    Rune is good but not much.
    Templar need passive to sustain regen free sustain , maybe after casting abilities , passive similiar to burning light but with all abilities , after 5casts you get 20-30% of abilities cost back to you.
    Options
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    On templar you need to build for sustain on every build. I need atleast 2k stamina regen or more + rune and still is not enough sometimes compare that to other classes wchich have sustain for free
    DK just Jump with ult full stamina , Nb just wait 20sec and voila half bar of stamina for free, Sorc just change magicka on stamina or stamina on magicka , this is from classic classes i won't count dlc. Templar have worst of them.
    Problem with repentence i see you must kill enemy in actual meta of unkillable builds it's little useless
    Rune is good but not much.
    Templar need passive to sustain regen free sustain , maybe after casting abilities , passive similiar to burning light but with all abilities , after 5casts you get 20-30% of abilities cost back to you.

Maybe change one of the morphs of Backlash to return X% of damage done in the 6s period into your highest maximum resource (would need both morphs to scale on highest stats I suppose).
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have too many useless passives and Prism + Illuminate should be one passive like DK Mountain Blessing ,templar have free slots for extra passives but dev's need to see it.
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we let Blazing Spear apply a root or something?
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina regen rune for free or extra passive to sustain. Stamina management is terrible.
    Options
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, there's this idea that I've had that I'd be curious to hear what people think.

From my understanding, Living Dark is the largely preferred morph of Eclipse, and mainly because of the self healing it provides when under pressure. Eclipse and Unstable Core are just too awkward in their functionality to be useful over Living Dark, and the general consensus seems to be that they need tossed. However, there also seem to be some sentiments that Living Dark's duration is a bit too short. (I'm also not a fan of the bubble, the dark tendrils are cool, but the bubble is weird. That's a me problem though).

Similarly, Solar Barrage is the preferred morph of Solar Flare. Solar Flare and Dark Flare see some use as a ranged spam-able option, but they are also awkward because of the cast time and animation; especially in PVP.

What if, Solar Barrage and Living Dark were merged?

Solar Barrage on its own is a decent ability on its own and would kind of make a nice base ability. As far as power budget is concerned, there are plenty of other base abilities that do Player-Based AoE Damage in 1 or 2 second "bursts" (Lightning Form, Blade Cloak) that also provide a buff. If Eclipse were tossed, then Solar Barrage could conceivably take its place.

From there, imagine Living Dark as a morph of Solar Barrage, where one of the two is the new effect:
    - Each pulse also heals for X, increasing for the number of enemies hit.
    - While active, Direct Damage attacks heal you for X, once per half second. (current LD effect)

That would also mean that a new potentially more offensive focused morph of Solar Barrage could be created, that could provide more damage or a minor buff (such as a speed increase?). Or it could provide a different type of defensive option through a buff such as Minor Evasion.

Names might need changed, but here's a simplified version of what I'm thinking:

- Solar Barrage (base):
    - - - 8 second duration, every 2 seconds pulse for AoE damage, provides Empower for the duration
    - - Living Dark (morph):
    - - - - (1) While active, taking direct damage heals you. This can occur once every 0.5 seconds.
    - - - - (2) the pulse heals you for each enemy hit.
    - - Unstable Core (?) (morph):
    - - - - Increase the damage of the pulses?

This would then free up Solar Flare to have a new morph, which could open up a few more possibilities for the base ability and its morphs to help fill offensive or defensive gaps in the Templar kit without having to worry about Solar Barrage. An instant ranged spam-able? Or perhaps a self-buff skill in the Dawn's Wrath line that could be the source of Brutality/Sorcery as the Templar answer to DK's Molten Armaments?

Thoughts? It's not a complete idea, and one that may not be good at all. But it's one that I've been pondering over and would be interested to hear the opinions of other Templars on.
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    So, there's this idea that I've had that I'd be curious to hear what people think.

From my understanding, Living Dark is the largely preferred morph of Eclipse, and mainly because of the self healing it provides when under pressure. Eclipse and Unstable Core are just too awkward in their functionality to be useful over Living Dark, and the general consensus seems to be that they need tossed. However, there also seem to be some sentiments that Living Dark's duration is a bit too short. (I'm also not a fan of the bubble, the dark tendrils are cool, but the bubble is weird. That's a me problem though).

Similarly, Solar Barrage is the preferred morph of Solar Flare. Solar Flare and Dark Flare see some use as a ranged spam-able option, but they are also awkward because of the cast time and animation; especially in PVP.

Solar Barrage on its own is a decent ability on its own and would kind of make a nice base ability. As far as power budget is concerned, there are plenty of other base abilities that do Player-Based AoE Damage in 1 or 2 second "bursts" (Lightning Form, Blade Cloak) that also provide a buff. If Eclipse were tossed, then Solar Barrage could conceivably take its place.

From there, imagine Living Dark as a morph of Solar Barrage, where one of the two is the new effect:
    - While active, Direct Damage attacks heal you for X, once per half second. (current LD effect)

That would also mean that a new potentially more offensive focused morph of Solar Barrage could be created, that could provide more damage or a minor buff (such as a speed increase?). Or it could provide a different type of defensive option through a buff such as Minor Evasion.

- Solar Barrage (base):
    - - - 8 second duration, every 2 seconds pulse for AoE damage, provides Empower for the duration
    - - Living Dark (morph):
    - - - - (1) While active, taking direct damage heals you. This can occur once every 0.5 seconds.

This would then free up Solar Flare to have a new morph, which could open up a few more possibilities for the base ability and its morphs to help fill offensive or defensive gaps in the Templar kit without having to worry about Solar Barrage. An instant ranged spam-able? Or perhaps a self-buff skill in the Dawn's Wrath line that could be the source of Brutality/Sorcery as the Templar answer to DK's Molten Armaments?

Thoughts? It's not a complete idea, and one that may not be good at all. But it's one that I've been pondering over and would be interested to hear the opinions of other Templars on.

I like idea , defense and offensive in one , but we have already our infamous Health Shield this means this shield need rework made it possible to use more frequent and more realiable in pvp too, maybe scaling from magicka and stamina (not weapon spell dmg) and second morph from max hp. New morph can be more offensive , with minor buff or debuff after deal damage.

Options
  • valeran46
    valeran46
    Soul Shriven
    Yes.

Please stop "rebalancing".

ZOS has played nerf/buff since launch, not based on any real issue, but, based on whether pvp SEEMS balanced to those who pvp.

"omg, I died in pvp, that class/skill is OP..."

Dev: Well, we just nerfed Two-hand. Let's see about Templar now! What can we do to Templar's?

Just stop.

Many of us JUST want to play the game, do pve, dungeons, trials, etc, and waking up to nerfed characters, SINCE LAUNCH, because of pvp... is reallllly getting to be too much.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is game not dead? Haven't played since Necro launch. What's new (summary) with Templars - Mag and Stam? I see hybrid will become viable?

What is decent build to get back into PVP - Mag and Stam - doesn't require extensive grinding and/or expensive "purchases".

Thinking about playing again casual - IF PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN ADDRESSED (In Cyro)!!!!
    Options
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    PVE:

1. The templar is typecast as a healer (just like a warden). Doesn't bring anything to the party that makes a mild dps want.
    2. Jabs limit the range for many mechanics.
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar still have same problem i don't have way to regen secondary resource in kit. Forced to use resto staff as secondary for defense ult also.
    Defensive ultimate is another problem ,being rooted in place is not good thing one morph should give possibility to move.
    Another thing Prism and Illuminate still not merged like similiar passive Mountain Blessing from DK.

Stamplar feel lot better this patch but still lacking. Good thing is i finally have class burst heal(forced to use bear hunch to sustain it) but at least i have burst heal.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my inputs on fixing Templar.

Templar primary PVP stun is Toppling Charge yet it can be dodged and blocked; other classes that have a stun ability that cannot be blocked or dodged. Please do the same with toppling charge.

Templar Dark Flare and Solar Flare should not have a casting time as it causes animation lag if a player moves out of our line of sight it can render the templar vulnerable for a longer duration than the casting time listed; been in the animation once for about 4 seconds which allowed another player to kill me in PVP rather quickly because I couldn't use any other ability.

It would be nice if Templar had an ability that actually rooted targets. We got plenty of abilities to slow enemies down but nothing to root them in place.

Stuns that go through blocks should have a VERY clear downside to using them. But the main issue isn't access to stuns that avoid defensive mechanics, but the cost of defensive mechanics in general.

Overall ESO is a game that used to value managing resources with cool mechanics you had to learn but over time that limitation is out the window. Holding down block to clear pve content is also a huge negative as well, but without class based uniqueness to replace such a loss on defensive mechanics, then there is nothing to be done.

Personally, I would just go back to how dots used to rip into block builds in 2014. It was flavorful without the need to have everyone gain access to such a boring requirement like "block ignoring" cc.
    ealdwin wrote: »

- Solar Barrage (base):
    - - Living Dark (morph):

one of the strongest aspect of templar was in 2014 when you had blind miss chance as your AOE defensive mechanic. To justify its access they forced many templar abilities to be short ranged with cast times/channels. Things like dark flare worked too, it buffed your next spell, so you weren't spamming it but timing it with an ultimate burst.

Templar is missing that defensive spell in conjunction with buffs/debuffs that exist after you connect a cast time/channel.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally i don't know how blinding works ,at that time i was too noobish in this game and game not offer enough to me. I started pvp , when BG comes to game before pvp was boring and too laggy. Stamplar was crap at that time. Right now it works somehow but still lacking, it's hard to use Living Dark and Purge almost impossible you must choose. I would like to see stamplar exclusive defense ability (stamina cost) can scale with all stats but cost must be STAMINA!
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina templar will always feel bad because of biting jabs tbh
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Stamina templar will always feel bad because of biting jabs tbh

yes I feel that Biting Jabs should heal just like Puncturing Sweeps to allow the same healing
    Options
  • xthrshx
    xthrshx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The new animation is poorly executed. The spear is held too far forward. The movement is slow and robotic. The twist at the end is physically absurd. The vampire (staff) motif is unforgivable. By contrast, the old animation was iconic: fast, flashy, powerful, and conveying the templar theme of holy Aedric light.
    2. The class spammable is currently producing less single target damage than a AOE DOT. Templars were already lower-tier in single target damage (although excellent with cleave), so this nerf really makes no sense.
    3. Solar barrage is useless because empower is useless. Having an ultimate, empowering sweep, that provides the same unwanted buff is not helpful.
    4. Templars need a unique buff so they become important in end game raid composition. The halfway-implemented hybridization changes have made Templars undesirable.
    Options
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please change the vampiric appearence of the jabs, it is out of touch with the class.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
    Options
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Make both purifying light and power of the light scale off max offensive stats. There’s no reason to have this distinction when the class is aimed to be spell damaged based to begin with
    2. Combine illuminate and prism passives into a singular passive so that it is on par with dks mountain blessing passive
    3. Make the healing ultimate similar to something like resto ult, not being able to really move or cast anything while channeling will forever make it useless
    4. Put health scaling healing back on bubble. Templar tanks still don’t have a health based heal outside of rune and that’s not even a burst heal
    5. Buff the damage of jabs by around 10% to ensure that an aoe dot doesn’t deal more single target damage than a spammable
    6. Move brutality from jabs to a more hybrid friendly skill, return its original crit chance
    7. Buff repentance/radiant aura
    8. Give empowering sweep a more desirable buff, maybe major berserk or major force
    9. If you want to really nerf the snare on jabs by that much (half a second snare kek) bring back the snare passive for restoring light abilities in a weaker form (maybe 20-30%)
    10. Instead of burning light dealing flat damage, change it into maybe a unique source of pen or % dmg taken debuff to give templars a better role in pve, and reduce the passives dmg output in pvp
    Options
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    edit: accidentally put the same comment twice so I figure I’ll change this comment and explain my idea for a burning light change

Something along the lines of “dealing direct damage to a target builds a stack of piercing light, reducing their armor by 700 for 3 seconds(arbitrary number ofc). This effect can stack up to 4 times, and may occur once every second

Upon reaching max stacks, the duration is doubled and cannot be refreshed”

I simply choose armor reduction because Templar does not have access to major fracture, and lets be real nobody is using the power of the light outside of organized groups in both pve and pvp

Edited by Jman100582 on September 7, 2022 10:54AM
    Options
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Revise or revert jabs. The new design is ghastly, feels clunky and aimless.
    2. see 1
    Options