The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alekero wrote: »
    Do this do that...just let devs make stamplar great again in pvp :D

sure, I meant we can run these stats
    2SvNVXB.png
    and already get results like this
    vaZ0dir.png

why not let them neglect and nerf stamplar pvp even more!
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »

2SvNVXB.png
    vaZ0dir.png

Your pen is super low.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    notyuu wrote: »

2SvNVXB.png
    vaZ0dir.png

Your pen is super low.

Had to re-read your comment because it looks like something else
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Bl4ck7h0rn3
    Bl4ck7h0rn3
    Soul Shriven
    Guys we did it - Balanced Warrior is finally being addressed! Looking forward to the changes in update 31, should give us Magplars a nice buff.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been excited for an update over the years since the Altmer got weapon damage and the armor bonuses were changed. Now these templar buffs and more adjustments to armor bonuses give me another reason to be excited.
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty happy to see that templar gets attention "after all these years" =D

But it is also a great incentive to draw attention to the problems that this class still has:

1) Sun fire still not viable (not worth its slot)
    2) Solar & Dark flare still not viable (terrible cast time, terrible damage)
    3) Javelin is very questionable even for PVP, because its mana morph is worse then clench & master staff, and damage is not enought to realase it as damage skill that can be successfully used against fat armored enemies
    4) Blazing Shield has to be reviewed
    5) Nova is useless again with this frost clench changes (tank would have all rules to make Major Maim 100% uptime). Before it was useful against last boses in vKA HM and vHoF HM.
    6) Radiant Aura is pointless after game got Overcharged. Stamina morph much useful even for magica builds

Possible solutions that i can see:

1) Sun fire
    ability_templar_sun_fire.png
    a) Make it viable as spam skill, e.g. make it possible to proc Burning Light, increase damage of the first hit, etc
    b) Make it viable DoT skill by increasing damage (lazy)
    c) Make it more PvE and/or PvP specifed by adding usefull buff/debuff. E.g. increase damage against vamire players, or make it possible to "blind" enemies: "enemy cannot deal critical damage for x seconds" (to counter "dark" sneaky enemies like NB/Vampires)

2) Solar & Dark flare
    ability_templar_solar_flare.png
    a) It can be reworked, like Crystall weapon. E.g.:
    - "Solar flare: Bless your ranged weapon in solar energy for 4 seconds, causing your next Light or Heavy Attack to deal an additional x Magic Damage. Also grants you Empower for 3 seconds, increasing the damage of your Light and Heavy Attacks by 40%.
    - "Auri-El's arrow: Charge your ranged weapon with the power of the solar energy, replacing your Light and Heavy Attacks with sun arrows, dealing x Magic Damage to an enemy up to 28 meters away. Heavy Attacks also pierce all opponents on the way, dealing up to 100% damage of main blast, depending on the charge."
    So Barrage still be usefull morph for players with mele dd style (sweeps, barrage, etc), but also players that dislike mele gameplay would be able to change morphs and keep their usefullness (but would lost insane heal from sweeps).
    b) It can provide something more usefull then Major Defile (lazy)

3) Javelin
    ability_templar_returning_spear.png
    Just increase damage! =3

4) Blazing Shield
    ability_templar_blazing_shield.png
    Probably make it possible to reflect projectiles, not only deal poor damage

5) Nova
    ability_templar_nova.png
    a) Make it or one of its morph more PvP specifed. Like "Sun shine blinds enemies in the area and they cannot deal critical damage".
    b) Increase damage of Solar Disturbance to make it viable comparing with destruction staff ult not counting synergy damage & leave Solar Prison as tank/healer ability for dangerous trash.

6) Radiant Aura
    ability_templar_life_giving_sigil.png
    It could be brilliant heal ability, like: "Consecrate the souls of the fallen, healing you and your allies for x Health and restoring x Magica to you or your random ally for each corpse nearby. While slotted, you gain Minor fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing your Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 15%."

Thanks for reading 🦎
    4374B142D1596797369F58ABCA860FDA9B88757F
    Edited by lQrukl on July 24, 2021 1:34PM
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    lQrukl wrote: »
    I am pretty happy to see that templar gets attention "after all these years" =D

But it is also a great incentive to draw attention to the problems that this class still has:

1) Sun fire still not viable (not worth its slot)
    2) Solar & Dark flare still not viable (terrible cast time, terrible damage)
    3) Javelin is very questionable even for PVP, because its mana morph is worse then clench & master staff, and damage is not enought to realase it as damage skill that can be successfully used against fat armored enemies
    4) Blazing Shield has to be reviewed
    5) Nova is useless again with this frost clench changes (tank would have all rules to make Major Maim 100% uptime). Before it was useful against last boses in vKA HM and vHoF HM.
    6) Radiant Aura is pointless after game got Overcharged. Stamina morph much useful even for magica builds

Possible solutions that i can see:

1) Sun fire
    ability_templar_sun_fire.png
    a) Make it viable as spam skill, e.g. make it possible to proc Burning Light, increase damage of the first hit, etc
    b) Make it viable DoT skill by increasing damage (lazy)
    c) Make it more PvE and/or PvP specifed by adding usefull buff/debuff. E.g. increase damage against vamire players, or make it possible to "blind" enemies: "enemy cannot deal critical damage for x seconds" (to counter "dark" sneaky enemies like NB/Vampires)

2) Solar & Dark flare
    ability_templar_solar_flare.png
    a) It can be reworked, like Crystall weapon. E.g.:
    - "Solar flare: Bless your ranged weapon in solar energy for 4 seconds, causing your next Light or Heavy Attack to deal an additional x Magic Damage. Also grants you Empower for 3 seconds, increasing the damage of your Light and Heavy Attacks by 40%.
    - "Auri-El's arrow: Charge your ranged weapon with the power of the solar energy, replacing your Light and Heavy Attacks with sun arrows, dealing x Magic Damage to an enemy up to 28 meters away. Heavy Attacks also pierce all opponents on the way, dealing up to 100% damage of main blast, depending on the charge."
    So Barrage still be usefull morph for players with mele dd style (sweeps, barrage, etc), but also players that dislike mele gameplay would be able to change morphs and keep their usefullness (but would lost insane heal from sweeps).
    b) It can provide something more usefull then Major Defile (lazy)

3) Javelin
    ability_templar_returning_spear.png
    Just increase damage! =3

4) Blazing Shield
    ability_templar_blazing_shield.png
    Probably make it possible to reflect projectiles, not only deal poor damage

5) Nova
    ability_templar_nova.png
    a) Make it or one of its morph more PvP specifed. Like "Sun shine blinds enemies in the area and they cannot deal critical damage".
    b) Increase damage of Solar Disturbance to make it viable comparing with destruction staff ult not counting synergy damage & leave Solar Prison as tank/healer ability for dangerous trash.

6) Radiant Aura
    ability_templar_life_giving_sigil.png
    It could be brilliant heal ability, like: "Consecrate the souls of the fallen, healing you and your allies for x Health and restoring x Magica to you or your random ally for each corpse nearby. While slotted, you gain Minor fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing your Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 15%."

Thanks for reading 🦎
    4374B142D1596797369F58ABCA860FDA9B88757F

1. b or c sounds good, but i don't think magplar needs more spammables
    2. While i like the idea to make it like crystal weapon, i don't think that it needs to be for ranged only
    3. Ok
    4. I would be useful if one morph scaled on max mag
    5. One morph could be like desto ulti and cast it around you so it's more viable in pvp
    6.Radiant aura needs to be exactly like repentance, but restore magicka instead.

Just my opinion
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds good, but i don't think magplar needs more spammables
    Sorc can use crystall shard, psyjic weapon, force pulse.
    Necro can use Fire Rune (DoT rotation), Force Pulse, Skull, even Scythe is usefull in solo play.

Magplar as slave of Burning Light can only use Sweeps, so I am totally disagree

While i like the idea to make it like crystal weapon, i don't think that it needs to be for ranged only
    The main idea is to give an alternative to Puncturing Sweep, but not touch their usefullness and relevance for players that like close gameplay, plus pay homage to long range solar mages (Sun Fire & Vampire's Bane & Auriel's Bow from Dawnguard DLC)
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Aura needs to provide its Minor buffs on cast rather than due to being slotted - would be a huge quality of life improvement to not have to double-bar the otherwise rather useless skill in order to benefit from it.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see stamplar get some love. Over the years, stamplar self healing and defense has been stripped away.

I would like to see living dark morph of eclipse scale with weapon damage in addition to spell damage. This would make for a nice reliable defensive heal option for stamplar.

Also, I would like to see major protection return to empowering sweep. Empowering sweep used to be a nice defensive ultimate, and with major protection only being 10% now, I don't see why you couldn't undo the nerf.
  • shezof
    shezof
    ✭✭✭
    Templar passives are a *** joke (except burning light) compared to other classes. I still get a laugh with Master Ritualist lmao. Templar needs a major overhaul like sorcerer got,making stam sorc powerful and mag sorc with adjustments. Imo atm it is the weakest class as both magicka and stamina. i mostly play pvp
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    shezof wrote: »
    Templar passives are a *** joke (except burning light) compared to other classes. I still get a laugh with Master Ritualist lmao. Templar needs a major overhaul like sorcerer got,making stam sorc powerful and mag sorc with adjustments. Imo atm it is the weakest class as both magicka and stamina. i mostly play pvp

If we leave aside ganker/bomber, magblade is definitely weaker than magplar.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't just ignore gankers/bombers though. Ignoring them is like ignoring the existence of jabs/sweeps spamming Templars or Streaking Sorcerers.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on July 26, 2021 1:08PM
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭

You can't just ignore gankers/bombers though. Ignoring them is like ignoring the existence of jabs/sweeps spamming Templars or Streaking Sorcerers.

True. But jabs/sweeps is just a skill so it's not comparable to a whole build/playstyle.
  • shezof
    shezof
    ✭✭✭

True. But jabs/sweeps is just a skill so it's not comparable to a whole build/playstyle.

thing is magblade has options. they can also go for a melee or ranged playstyle. at worst they can leave fight with shade and invis giving *** all.

templar is always gonne be melee and use jabs. both magicka and stamina templar will be using jabs.you pick out a templar by jabs because they dont have anything else to use. class is in dire need of update.
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    Just make solar barrage to be a spear shards' morph, reduce puncturing strikes channel to .7 sec, make sun shield deal aoe dot or reduce BL proc requirement to 3 hits instead of 4. Make just one of those 4 changes and that's it templar pvp dps is fixed at least. Honestly you never get the 4 jabs to land or proc BL ever against any competitive opponent, unless they are stunned, which is like once or twice in a fight.

Also just comparing the Templar's passives against Warden or Necro makes me faceplam everytime. Feels like we have nothing but illuminate and piercing spear as both spear wall and bl are technically exclusive to jabs which feels like the only skill in the game that needs two exclusive passives to work.
    Edited by Xahran on July 28, 2021 9:01AM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jabs doesn't need passives to work, it deals a ton of damage on its own. The issue is, you lose out on the passives for using something other than jabs, basically templars are forced into using it.
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Jabs doesn't need passives to work, it deals a ton of damage on its own. The issue is, you lose out on the passives for using something other than jabs, basically templars are forced into using it.

Without getting all jabs in or proccing BL it doesn't deal as much damage as you want it to do plus the fact that it is a melee skill that slows you down more than your opponent effectively making you an easier target to hit. Spear wall helps with making you less exposed while channeling it and BL is a great contribution to your burst. Without those 2 passives I guarantee you Stamplars would most of the time go for DS over it.

But, my arguement wasnt about Jabs sucking, it is not even without the two aforementioned passives. It is about the Templar's passives sucking in general that half of its few good passives are technically exclusive to a single skill.
    Edited by Xahran on July 28, 2021 9:02AM
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.Stamplar still lack class defense and healing you still need use only rally and vigor.

2.They still not merge together prism and illumination to work similiar like dk mountain blessing.

3.Jabs sometimes you deal dmg sometimes it feels like noodles.

3.Repentence change passive to active buff for 20sec and give something similiar to old rally you get healing per second in 20seconds.

4.Javelin should be unblockable stun.

5.Toppling charge add dmg scale from best stat or change explosive charge to stamina edition.

• Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    1.Stamplar still lack class defense and healing you still need use only rally and vigor.

2.They still not merge together prism and illumination to work similiar like dk mountain blessing.

3.Jabs sometimes you deal dmg sometimes it feels like noodles.

3.Repentence change passive to active buff for 20sec and give something similiar to old rally you get healing per second in 20seconds.

4.Javelin should be unblockable stun.

5.Toppling charge add dmg scale from best stat or change explosive charge to stamina edition.

"3.Jabs sometimes you deal dmg sometimes it feels like noodles."

Well, if you are fighting someone with major evation, your jabs damage is now reduce by 30% (20% + 10% from CP). Next patch it would be 40% with the introduction to 10% mitigation against direct attacks. This is 40% without counting every other mitigation (battle spirit, minor protection, resistance, etc...). No wonder it feels like noodles.

• mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    That means jabs are not reliable hard countered by every mechanic in game and still people cry to nerf templar. Stamplar jabs feel even weaker(in pvp) in pve is death machine. Sweeps have heal that feel better on pvp than extra crit chance that is useless in pvp.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps / jabs is still horrific to weave and could still be very easily fixed by reducing the channel time to 0.8s or less.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I test remembrance skill some games in and this 10% major prot(its only 10% not like old 30%) could be as passive whole time this can balance immobile way how this ult work.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to see Templars get an in-class source of Major Sorcery & Brutality. I don't have any solid ideas at the moment, though.

Restoring Aura & Morphs could also use a little bit of help.

Edit:
    Ok, here's a rough idea that may work...

Restoring Aura
    This ability could grant Minor Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect to you and allies within 12 meters for 20 seconds.

Radiant Aura
    This morph could also grant the caster Major Sorcery & Brutality for the duration (20 seconds).

Repentance
    This morph could restore Stamina & Health (or Stamina & Magicka ?) for each ally within the radius. (Or it could keep the corpse mechanic.)

A cost could be considered to be added, but then again consider all the effects that Warden's Netch provides.

Also, these are just rough ideas.... a better idea is very likely out there.
    Edited by ealdwin on August 29, 2021 9:10PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars have access to major savagery/major prophecy, which most classes don't. I don't think every class needs to have every buff personally.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every class should have this buffs necro too ,without it you cant combine some weapons on templars its hard to combine dual wield and bow without using some weird abilities that is too weak or useless at most times.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    Would like to see Templars get an in-class source of Major Sorcery & Brutality. I don't have any solid ideas at the moment, though.

Restoring Aura & Morphs could also use a little bit of help.

Edit:
    Ok, here's a rough idea that may work...

Restoring Aura
    This ability could grant Minor Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect to you and allies within 12 meters for 20 seconds.

Radiant Aura
    This morph could also grant the caster Major Sorcery & Brutality for the duration (20 seconds).

Repentance
    This morph could restore Stamina & Health (or Stamina & Magicka ?) for each ally within the radius. (Or it could keep the corpse mechanic.)

A cost could be considered to be added, but then again consider all the effects that Warden's Netch provides.

Also, these are just rough ideas.... a better idea is very likely out there.

Interesting ideas, I like the concept. I also wish we had class based, pre-buffable brutality and sorcery
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • CaliphStudio
    CaliphStudio
    ✭✭✭
    Talking STAMplar:

Frustrating damage skills and passives for pvp, unlike other classes you cant think, make a build, and be satisfied by it, you have only 2 choices, either to use the same tanky/burst build that jabs noobs to death, or forget about your class and run weapon skills all over.

Buffs:
    All good major/minor buffs from out class passives are now easily accessible thro guild/weapon skills (Savagery => camo hunter, minor protection => taunt/psijic ultimate, minor breach => taunt) and ones largely in use by other classes, while missing key buffs like major brutality forcing us to play 2h in every single build.

Damage skills:
    Practically speaking, we have only 2 damage skills for pvp, potl which i love, and jabs, the most frustrating to have, you cannot block, dodge, sprint or choose target while/between casts, while removing sets synergising with its unique behavior of (lots of direct damage hits in a short time) like old ravager or selene.

Jabs is almost our only damage skill in pvp and its a nightmare to use against good players.
  • shezof
    shezof
    ✭✭✭
    In PVP major evasion buff which is widely avalaible just destroys any damage or combo you gonna do.rework the least used class skills for both magicka and stamina templar. class needs more skills to use besides jabs.lots of skills i dont give a point from my class trees in both magicka and stamina toons.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jabs i like jabs its nice agaisnt noobs but attacking good player its just burden most of the time old way to proc burning light was better for templar or just add posibility to proc it from every offensive ability in game to add templar options.