The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please change the safebox lead

• Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this dlc just to stand next to a box pressing E like a ***, great game design guys
    glad we learned our lesson after everyone complained about that greymore lead on the table
  • Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for the update on what they "Talked" about..
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    bjj8aooza914.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Some form of response here would be nice.

Jeez, to even need to tweet that is Sooooo embarrassing coming from someone that is supposed to be the "voice" of the devs. How does one work for years in a job focused in relaying information back and forth yet still needs to ask a question like this? Reading the forums isn't MY job yet I've still done it enough to have a solid understanding of the answers to those questions.
  • Cameryn
    Cameryn
    ✭✭✭
    Better communication would honestly be more than developers coming into a multitude of discussions about the same topic, OBVIOUSLY with tons of people extremely upset that they're wasting players' time with a senseless bottleneck, and only posting one "we are passing this along to the devs" alongside multiple "please refrain from being nasty."

When people see a reply from the dev team, seeing that it's just a scolding is INCREDIBLY disrespectful. Sure, we all have to obey the rules, that's fine... but that's not the point of why people are posting in the first place.

How did this ridiculous bottleneck make it into the live game? Obviously we all want to know what they're going to do about it, because it's untenable as it exists right now. I don't plan to spend hours on end each day standing in wait to jump on a lockbox that my fellow players also want to loot, especially not with such RNG attached. I wanted to enjoy High Isle but this is killing my interest.
    Edited by Cameryn on June 9, 2022 8:38PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All, wanted to follow up here just to give an update. We are still trying to confirm some information regarding the safebox lead before following up with more concrete information. The dev team is still discussing to make sure players have a good experience. We are hoping to follow up soon. Thanks for the continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey All, wanted to follow up here just to give an update. We are still trying to confirm some information regarding the safebox lead before following up with more concrete information. The dev team is still discussing to make sure players have a good experience. We are hoping to follow up soon. Thanks for the continued patience.

So long as that discussion and update doesn't nerf the mythic before I can even try it out then good...

If not then it could give a 100% chance to get the lead off trash mobs and it will just be ignored, even by those of us that could really use it!
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on at least make the timers on the lockboxes faster or something, my ping is too high to get a box when other people are around.
  • Cameryn
    Cameryn
    ✭✭✭

You could also make it a random drop from any urn or chest or whatever throughout the zone. Or a random drop from stealing.

Although not compelling content, it would certainly be infinitely more preferable to standing around waiting for a safebox spawn you probably aren't going to be the first one to loot.
  • Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    taking over 24 hours to discuss something that obviously needs to be redone. The community has given multiple suggestions and you just ignore it. ZOS dropped the ball hard.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have confirmation if it drops from something besides the safeboxes?

I saw a few people claim that it dropped from pickpocketing then every npc in the zone died for a while but, that has since slowed down.

I ran around in Lilmoth for about an hour and a half, opening already unlocked safe boxes. (I would estimate at least 30 safe boxes.). No lead. In between safe boxes, I was “blade of woeing” a couple of npc’s. Maybe 10-12. No lead. Upon getting lucky and arriving just as a safe box spawned, I was able to unlock it myself. You guessed it. Got the lead. My first personally unlocked safe box.
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe listen to those of us that told you about this during the PTS pass , that may have saved all this trouble but as per usual PTS feedback is ignored.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish discussing and fix the issue before it gets released on console
    Imagine if this thread included console players too...Would be an online riot

Thank you!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ob1ken0bi wrote: »
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish discussing and fix the issue before it gets released on console
    Imagine if this thread included console players too...Would be an online riot

Thank you!

I don't any fix that is will be able implemented by the time of the console launch. IIRC the patches for consoles have to go through an approval process at Sony/Microsoft. At best console would get the fix 2-3 weeks after the High Isle launch.
  • Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    Still no update?
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insignia91 wrote: »
    Still no update?

• Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    Still no update?

I ask again... Still no update?
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    taking over 24 hours to discuss something that obviously needs to be redone. The community has given multiple suggestions and you just ignore it. ZOS dropped the ball hard.

Not to mention that this should never have gone live in the first place.

[snip]
    [edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 11, 2022 5:11PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume that Murkmire is one of the least utilized zones in the game; the only reason I ever go there is for antiquities. When I'm there I see hardly anyone (PC NA and EU).

So now they can say "Look how many people are in Murkmire since High Isle went live."

It's a viable attitude if they have to convince the money-men of something, even though it's really ugly for players.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Runesong
    Runesong
    Soul Shriven
    I don't think I've ever posted in this forum. ESO screwed up on this one. The Oakensoul Murkmire lead is almost impossible to get if you are a cooperative, decent, non-trolling player. You know many of your player base are less than stellar when it come to cooperating with each other. An you played right into their lunacy. What does that show us about you as a company? If this was done intentionally, then it's sadistic. Do you hate your players or do you love, love, love their angst? Either way, I'm not into this type of foreplay.

I'm an average player who plays solo and with hubby. We've spent a lot of hours in the game since we're retired after 45 years of exhaustive slave labor to a corporation in IT. Husband started out with assembler, then Cobol then computer security on mainframe computers...I came in later on mainframe database.

We've spent lots of time and lots of $ in ESO and that will STOP today. I don't have a lifetime to devote to this madness...each hour of my day is precious to me and I will not enslave myself to you and your game. I am so pissed.

I honestly thought you were all smarter than this.

I sincerely apologize for my exaggerated opinion of you. It was entirely misplaced and undeserved.

You action or in-action on this issue will determine whether this game is worth my time or $.

• DarkDeal
    DarkDeal
    ✭✭✭
    pls fix
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, but please can this be changed now.

There are nearly 10k people following this incident, desperate for action. And rightly so.

Edited by Rowjoh on June 10, 2022 11:29AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, are there conflicting sources of information? Are some of your team saying only the lock picker can get the lead, while others are saying anyone looting it can? Why is such a seemingly simple yes or no question so difficult to answer?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • kindnuguz
    kindnuguz
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling nothing is going to get changed. ( except maybe nerfed so no body wants it )

Mainly cause the handful of elite players they get information from most likely already has the lead there for they wont change anything.

I do appreciate Kevin responding and trying to relay information for us. I also understand BGS\ZOS is a large company with layers built in for reasons.

Best way to judge behavior is past experiences and given how I've never seen them go in and make changes in situations like this, I highly doubt anything will change. I bet they feel if "we give in and make changes" then the community will expect it in the future. So there for, nothing will change.

At lest confirm it must be the lock picker so maybe the community can start doing some kind of civilized way of getting it.
    But again, because the elites already got it as is, I doubt any information will be confirmed. ( hope I'm wrong )

Thank you
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kindnuguz wrote: »
    I have a feeling nothing is going to get changed. ( except maybe nerfed so no body wants it )

Mainly cause the handful of elite players they get information from most likely already has the lead there for they wont change anything.

I do appreciate Kevin responding and trying to relay information for us. I also understand BGS\ZOS is a large company with layers built in for reasons.

Best way to judge behavior is past experiences and given how I've never seen them go in and make changes in situations like this, I highly doubt anything will change. I bet they feel if "we give in and make changes" then the community will expect it in the future. So there for, nothing will change.

At lest confirm it must be the lock picker so maybe the community can start doing some kind of civilized way of getting it.
    But again, because the elites already got it as is, I doubt any information will be confirmed. ( hope I'm wrong )

Thank you

I think things will be changed but the way ZOS appears to agonize over pretty straight forward problems I would not be surprised if it was not a timely fix. I base this on the Harpooner's Wading Kilt having the same problem and ZOS fixing it by adding more nodes the lead could be obtained from.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

So, are there conflicting sources of information? Are some of your team saying only the lock picker can get the lead, while others are saying anyone looting it can? Why is such a seemingly simple yes or no question so difficult to answer?

Maybe the Devs communicate with Kevin in the same way they communicate with their paying customers.
  • imno007b14_ESO
    imno007b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got a lock to pick - my first - and the fracking guard interrupted me for stealing and that was the end of that. Hope this is fixed soon!
  • Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    I got the ring finally only took 23 picks. bound my mouse wheel to E and rolled away and got the chest every time.

Thanks ZOS! You all have been a really big help to your PAYING customers.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the ring finally only took 23 picks. bound my mouse wheel to E and rolled away and got the chest every time.

30 minutes total, never getting the pick until I bound E to mousewheel.

Got the pick on my next two safeboxes, got the lead on the second.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can also change your scroll speed to very high in your mouse settings (not in the game, in your OS). I think that has an effect on how often the interact action is triggered. It's hard to say for sure.
  • Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

30 minutes total, never getting the pick until I bound E to mousewheel.

Got the pick on my next two safeboxes, got the lead on the second.

Grats. I wish I thought of the mouse wheel 2 days ago lol. My RNG in every game has always been incredibly dumb.
    Glad you got it though and I hope anyone else having trouble uses the mouse wheel method.