The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please change the safebox lead

Drauz
Drauz
✭✭✭
this is horrible, dozens of people waiting and almost no one can open it
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine not learning anything from that time in shadowfen!
  • Halcyon_Kismet
    Halcyon_Kismet
    ✭✭✭
    This is way worse than shadowfen...
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly what I said would happen when word got out.

Bad idea to add it solely to safeboxes and only in one area.

Just wait until tonight lol.
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    im not sure how this even got passed in discussion to be used in the game. people are just trolling keeping the tab up so noone else can loot at all.
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This time we know it was not an accident. ZOS knew 100% what they were doing.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I got all 4 of the known leads last night and it seemed too easy... I just knew this one was going to be a massive pain in the butt and sure enough... Shadowfen was worse enough with limited water nodes but Murkmire has FAR LESS safebox spawn locations. This is NOT engaging gameplay, it's not fun! Having them randomly drop off of enemies or available from surveys isn't the most engaging gameplay, but it's a heck of a lot better than this. There's nothing exciting about camping in front of a safebox spawn location and mashing a button hoping you are the first of 20+ people to register the button press. You guys can do better than this!
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty crappy to put a lead in a spot like this, especially in a small zone where there are less available to begin with.

The RNG of the lead system needs to go IMO. Just let us do whatever task to get a lead, then have it do RNG for additional future drops. I have yet to get the leads for kilt and fete items b/c of them not dropping from DSA or Mazz for me after all this time - it's a huge turn off for the game.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tonight prime time I might go to a safebox in Murkmire not to camp it but just to watch the poopstorm the devs caused lol.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS learned nothing from the great shadowfen node camp debacle. Makes you wonder if they have the same teams designing the same things across chapters, or if they change whether they adequately inform the new people, because they messed up surveys in high isle as well, so it seems someone didn't get the memo about them.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I got all 4 of the known leads last night and it seemed too easy... I just knew this one was going to be a massive pain in the butt and sure enough... Shadowfen was worse enough with limited water nodes but Murkmire has FAR LESS safebox spawn locations. This is NOT engaging gameplay, it's not fun! Having them randomly drop off of enemies or available from surveys isn't the most engaging gameplay, but it's a heck of a lot better than this. There's nothing exciting about camping in front of a safebox spawn location and mashing a button hoping you are the first of 20+ people to register the button press. You guys can do better than this!
    This , and the worst style of ESO players are the campers. Random normal to vet DLC dungeons almost all are nice, PvP the same but the enemy players tries to kill you :), asking for help on an WB and people come, more so if you share the quest and
    its not middle of night.

However doing delve bosses for the ebony wolf lead, but also earlier for motif farming on the delve bosses.
    You have say 8 players looking at the spawn point dropping AoE on cooldown to not miss the tick on boss who goes down in an second rater than group up and its an afk event, just loot the boss every 3 minutes.
    None even chat ts they might miss the boss.
    Safeboxes well that will be so much more toxic. Soul crunching stuff who is likely to burn people out.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    This , and the worst style of ESO players are the campers. Random normal to vet DLC dungeons almost all are nice, PvP the same but the enemy players tries to kill you :), asking for help on an WB and people come, more so if you share the quest and
    its not middle of night.

However doing delve bosses for the ebony wolf lead, but also earlier for motif farming on the delve bosses.
    You have say 8 players looking at the spawn point dropping AoE on cooldown to not miss the tick on boss who goes down in an second rater than group up and its an afk event, just loot the boss every 3 minutes.
    None even chat ts they might miss the boss.
    Safeboxes well that will be so much more toxic. Soul crunching stuff who is likely to burn people out.

For sure, it also poisons otherwise peaceful zone chat as well for a good month or two. I remember I was trying to finish Shadowfen fishing during that debacle and it was just awful lol.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Drauz
    Drauz
    ✭✭✭
    they make everyone fight with eachother. Really dont know what they were thinking
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drauz wrote: »
    they make everyone fight with eachother. Really dont know what they were thinking
    They should rename it to the Band of Peace and Friendship.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even just Shadowfen, but the RotPO's Golden Band lead that would appear on that tiny table.
    That was an awful decision as well.

I get trying to make the leads a challenge, powerful item must be earned blah blah, I get it.
    But they need to stop assigning the lead drops to sources that will only foster competitive toxicity. The "why" of this is still lost on me bcuz they had to KNOW exactly what would\is going to happen. Trying to make the game and community less toxic should always be a consideration.

I was really looking forward to farming this one but gonna wait now and avoid the droves of ppl, just not my idea of "fun"
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    Drauz wrote: »
    They should rename it to the Band of Peace and Friendship.

the Band of Selflessness and Cooperation
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find weird about this game is how many systems are designed in an adversarial manner where other players are often an annoyance, and sometimes an outright hindrance to progress, when instead, the addition of other players in non-PVP situations should always increase the chances for the success and enjoyment of everyone involved. It usually feels to me like a single player game where everyone else is also a solo player who can jump in at any time to mess up whatever I am trying to accomplish.
  • lolvrangsinn
    lolvrangsinn
    ✭✭
    I have no problem grinding/farming/camping. But waiting anywhere from 5-45 minutes to press E for a box, in a crowd of rude, toxic, and childish players IS NOT proper gameplay. The people who won't even give you a chance at the box. The people who refuse to put away their pets blocking the box. The people who continuously spam skills for no reason other than to cause an annoyance. Is this not griefing? When you do something that has absolutely no benefit to anyone, not even yourself.... solely for the purpose of being annoying? How is that acceptable? Why create that atmosphere? I can't imagine this was not foreseen, yet it was allowed to be made into content. This is not challenging content. This is not fun gameplay.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first saw a comment on a Murkmire safebox, I thought it would be a trolling attempt, unfurtunately this is real.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS in a few months: "After multiple posts about toxicity and frustration getting the lead, we've increased the drop chance level from Soul-crushing up to What am I doing with my life?"
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible idea especially after the lesson learned with Shadowfen. If there's supposed to be 20 million players (lol), why would we want to force a sizable chunk of them all into one zone competing and fighting over a dozen boxes with a 5% drop chance for a lead. Sounds extremely dumb.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • cibacrome
    cibacrome
    This is way worse than Shadowfen. Even if the droprates are higher, 10-15min spawn times, and right now I'm in a crowd of 20ppl camping the lootbox, which I'm sure will go on for several weeks if not months. I hope ZOS is happy, because I'm just gonna log out from frustration.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not ordering the new chapter is looking like one of my better decisions at the moment. A safebox lead drop is beyond obnoxious. This, much like a card game, [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 8, 2022 2:05PM
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Millions of players play our game but lets put the lead in potentially 4-5 safeboxes in the one zone. I don't think anyone at ZoS is that stupid or careless. It must have a drop potential on pickpocketing, thief troves, and treasure chests. You know? Actual gameplay like looting mats, killing delve/dungeons bosses, looting mobs, etc.
    Other than camping very small number of safe boxes that may or may not have the lead with multiple players that are also standing around.
    Edited by Kory on June 7, 2022 9:04PM
  • hilly32
    hilly32
    ✭✭
    Kory wrote: »
    Millions of players play our game but lets put the lead in potentially 4-5 safeboxes in the one zone. I don't think anyone at ZoS is that stupid or careless. It must have a drop potential on pickpocketing, thief troves, and treasure chests. You know? Actual gameplay like looting mats, killing delve/dungeons bosses, looting mobs, etc.
    Other than camping very small number of safe boxes that may or may not have the lead with multiple players that are also standing around.

100% Agree. At least with world bosses etc, there's actually some skill and gameplay involved. This is literally just sitting on a spot hoping you can hit E faster than anyone else when a box spawns...
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vylaera wrote: »
    Horrible idea especially after the lesson learned with Shadowfen. If there's supposed to be 20 million players (lol), why would we want to force a sizable chunk of them all into one zone competing and fighting over a dozen boxes with a 5% drop chance for a lead. Sounds extremely dumb.

Because it takes that many players to one of the least liked dlc zones in the game.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, no one is checking safeboxes in Blackwood or Shadowfen?

We're all just assuming that the first lead found means only possible location.

Reminds me of people camping Minotaur boss in Gold Coast, while all along that furnishing lead drops from all Minotaurs in game.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    So, no one is checking safeboxes in Blackwood or Shadowfen?

We're all just assuming that the first lead found means only possible location.

Reminds me of people camping Minotaur boss in Gold Coast, while all along that furnishing lead drops from all Minotaurs in game.

I'd also like to know this, and same for the lead for Mora's Whispers that has been found in treasure chests in the Vile Manse. There can't be that many more treasure chests in that public dungeon than there are safeboxes in Murkmire.

I understand MMOs (excuse me, "online RPGs" that have massive multiplayer populations) have to incorporate some grind to keep players in game, but it seems fairly ridiculous to make them camp the same very few spawns. I hope they are not as limited as they seem. My fear is they are and that ZOS did not learn their lesson from the Kilt. (Though they clearly didn't learn from Falkfyr's Notes, as they just added a Wrothgar lorebook after 7 years that seems to have no post-quest location - maybe in another year they'll offer the fix with another comment about those of us who "somehow" missed it...)
    Edited by virtus753 on June 7, 2022 9:30PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least the drop rate is high when you actually unlock a strongbox. Better than water nodes in shadow fen, but not by much.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, I'm not upset, I'm just disappointed.

If this is indeed the drop location chosen for the lead, you really learned nothing from Shadowfen. Nothing from the RotPO. Fighting other players in a PvE zone should be DISCOURAGED, not encouraged. You have created a situation where other players around you are a BAD thing in an MMO. Please try harder next time.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 7, 2022 9:33PM
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely riveting gameplay 10/10 MMO update of the year.
    urssevrlnx9z.png