Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for Account Wide Achievements

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for account wide Achievements. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you notice any achievements were missed or didn’t get captured the way you expected?
  • Did you find your current Motif and Enchantment knowledge?
  • Did you still have all your previously earned titles?
  • Is it clear which achievements are still character-centered?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 24, 2022 1:22AM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please allow us to opt out of this? Or give us the ability to track individualized character progressions through a different achievement window/toggle?

T
  • Noszet
    Noszet
    ✭✭✭
    tbh i think account wide achievements should be optional.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have also removed Undaunted guild progression from Undaunted achievements.
    Undaunted just got harder to level. No me gusta. :frowning:

Edited by silvereyes on January 31, 2022 7:01PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make this optional.

There is plenty of feedback on the General Discussion forum (including the official feedback thread) explaining why this change is so game-breaking for many players, while being welcomed by others.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It ruins most of the appeal of replayability for content and removes a lot of incentive to do it. A replayability is one of the factors that keeps me tossing funds at this game.
  • soulreaper1213
    soulreaper1213
    ✭✭✭
    Make titles character specific. Farming titles is the key focus for replaying your content. You do not release enough content regularly for players to continuously play, so they must make their own content. And that is farming titles on many characters.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, is there any way we can get a toggle to display only character achievements? Viewing an account-wide summary sounds great, but removing the ability to see what the current character has done seems unnecessarily destructive.
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is something that's done in the worst way possible and simply cannot go live.
    Please make it optional, or make us see character-EARNED achievements clearly distinguished from copied-from-other-character-achievements.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please make it optional.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I love getting account wide achievements I'm seeing lots of peeps who are unhappy about it.

Would it be possible to make a tab for character and one tab for account achievements so peeps can track which character did a certain achievement? Or make a note on that achievement if it was done on that char or on the account?

Otherwise I like this change!
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • LtSnowballin
    LtSnowballin
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I think this change is all around amazing. It especially adds the ability to further down the line add in new, special collectibles, furnishings, poly's, or etc... For doing and farming trifecta content.

[snip] The incentive to play, is that the content is fun and you want to play it on new roles, classes, etc.. And like I mentioned before it adds the room to add new collectibles from said content.

[snip] then you could add in an "Opt in" feature, so that not everyone has it, and only those who want it will get it. Mostly because I know from experience I've been locked as doing all trial content atleast as a Magcro (The class I hate the most lmao) all because that's what raid leads want and no one else plays so. I LOVE finally being able to show off my achievements and titles that I earned on that toon.

People need to look a little further ahead rather than in the moment now. This change is GREAT for the future of the game overall. The ONLY downside to this is the people that have already spent H O U R S re-farming content on different characters for the titles, but even then it's minor.

In the end it all comes down to people complaining about "Replayability" and "Incentive" [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 31, 2022 7:39PM
    Almost Every Trifecta / Other Half: @NeptunXIV
    #BardKnockLife
    Goblins Are Based
    CP 2000+
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the primary reasons I play ESO is because of the repeatability of achievements on alternate characters through different classes and roles. Other games don't have that.

Please, please adjust this so that we are able to do this easily. The addition of a new tab that shows the account-wide progress (having achievement furnishing items unlock for all characters is fine, even titles, while I don't think they should be account-wide, it doesn't really matter), while still maintaining the per-character system that's been in the game for 8 years is all that's needed.

Edit to add my comments from a thread in general since they're specifically relevant here.

This change takes away from players to be able to re-play content on other classes or roles and get that feeling of accomplishment.

This change takes away from the roleplaying community who may not want certain titles/achievements on specific characters.

This change changes nothing for everybody else, because you could just figure out what you had done on your whole account (or if on PC, use an add-on to do it for you) - (with the exception of account-wide titles/achievement furnishing purchasing)

So, a sizable portion of the player base loses significantly in their game satisfaction.

Just add a global tab. See total account progress. Keep all characters separate. Don't overthink it.
    Edited by tmbrinks on January 31, 2022 7:29PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also beg you to re-think the implementation of this system.

The general idea is okay, but please, please, have achievements still pop up and be listed for individual characters. I would like to know when my character did which quest, got which dungeon or trial completion, and see when and what I've been playing years after.
    Completely deleting character-based achievements (not only aggregating them, deleting them!) unnecessarily removes a large chunk of information about my play time with ESO. It's quite sad.

It also takes away a major reason for playing. Getting achievements on different character, and having achievements (even simple ones) pop up while playing, is an important part of my play time. Simply cutting that out is a really bad idea.

Again, I'm mostly fine with account-wide achievements. But I'd really have both - an additional screen that shows character progression, and achievements popping when the individual character would've gotten them.

Please re-think this.
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely WANT this change. If making it optional is the way to make both audiences happy so be it.

To me, it's the same as the sticker book. I spent a lot of time farming gear that I need to farm again now since there's a book. I don't view that as "lost time". If you don't want to show a title on a character who didn't earn it specifically - don't show it. If you haven't earned gear on a character specifically perhaps you shouldn't transmute it. It's the same idea to me.

I would love to be able to utilize titles that I've earned on whatever character I have for whatever reason I would like. When this was announced, I don't know a single person that was upset by it, and people were thrilled. Please don't take the ten or 20 people here as being the majority. (to be fair, I don't know how the majority leans so it could be the other way)
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for adding account wide achievements. It would be amazing if you gave players a option to activate or not this feature however. Even if it costs crowns to activate.
    Or two tabs instead - one with the accounts cumulated achievements, and on for the current character.
    Edited by francesinhalover on February 9, 2022 2:43AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love this change and am delighted that it is being added to the game.
  • Mephit
    Mephit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think this change is all around amazing. It especially adds the ability to further down the line add in new, special collectibles, furnishings, poly's, or etc... For doing and farming trifecta content.

[snip] The incentive to play, is that the content is fun and you want to play it on new roles, classes, etc.. And like I mentioned before it adds the room to add new collectibles from said content.

[snip] then you could add in an "Opt in" feature, so that not everyone has it, and only those who want it will get it. Mostly because I know from experience I've been locked as doing all trial content atleast as a Magcro (The class I hate the most lmao) all because that's what raid leads want and no one else plays so. I LOVE finally being able to show off my achievements and titles that I earned on that toon.

People need to look a little further ahead rather than in the moment now. This change is GREAT for the future of the game overall. The ONLY downside to this is the people that have already spent H O U R S re-farming content on different characters for the titles, but even then it's minor.

In the end it all comes down to people complaining about "Replayability" and "Incentive" [snip]

[snip] We enjoy the content and enjoy "replaying" it, for many characters... we like to track achievements at that level, and that is our "incentive". It's an RPG. Is it so hard to understand?

Roll them up to account level if you want (as well as character level) to appease the "can't be bothered to do it on each of my characters" peeps, but don't ruin something that is working and already enjoyed by your more dedicated player base.

[edited for minor bait & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 31, 2022 7:40PM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it clear which achievements are still character-centered?
    When looking at the achievement, yes, but there's no easy way to find them.
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    Note that, while Achievements may be account-wide, some things that are commonly tracked via Achievements are still tracked on an individual character basis. That includes:

Enchanting Rune knowledge Achievements (and the knowledge of Runes in general)
    Motif Crafting knowledge
    Skyshards obtained by a character
    Public Dungeon Group Event achievements
    Dragonguard Sanctum daily achievements
    These are all handled differently, it's strange.
    Enchanting runes are in the actual achievement.
    Alchemy mats are tracked per character, like Runes, but they're not noticeable in the achievements.

Motif crafting knowledge isn't noticeable from the achievements, but is clear in the lore library.

Skyshards are not noticeable in the achievements but are visible on the map completion page.

PD group events and Dragonguard sanctum function like runes.

The question is, are the other non noted things like alchemy ingredients?

Edited by PeacefulAnarchy on January 31, 2022 8:14PM
  • LtSnowballin
    LtSnowballin
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] We enjoy the content and enjoy "replaying" it, for many characters... we like to track achievements at that level, and that is our "incentive". It's an RPG. Is it so hard to understand? [/quote]

[snip] If you read my entire post, you would've noticed there in the middle, there is an "Opt in" option I spoke about. [snip]

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 31, 2022 7:33PM
    #BardKnockLife
    Goblins Are Based
    CP 2000+
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question regarding the account-wide achievements! If I unlock an achievement on a character, and copy it over to another, then delete the character I originally earned it on; will I then lose the achievement, or will I still keep it on the other character?
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They already have all of those collectibles, skins, etc in the current system on live. The only thing you don't have are the titles and the ability to purchase furnishings. What can they add with this new system that they havn't?

I also feel that your discounting how much attachment players have for their characters and their progression. I use achievements for that. I consider those achievements as part of their soul their being. I do things differently on each one. Basically I need a way to track individual development. Even if it's a separate menu. It's how I track where I am at in everything.

Don't get me wrong acount wide achievements have their appeal. One of which is that I can delete an achievement character (never) and still walk around with the title...

If I can't opt out or prevent this from happening then I would at least like a per character achievement progression tracking option.

Otherwise? I just don't know any more...

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 31, 2022 7:41PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say that, without any sort of legend what the little head icons mean, it is definitely NOT intuitive that those achievements are earned per-character. It's honestly strange to have this mix of account-wide and character-specific achievements sprinkled together in the same view.

IMO, all achievements should be character-specific, but we should be able to view and link achievements at the account level as well, and then just toggle the view or have separate tabs between account and character.
    kkkyrxd00s1s.jpg
  • LtSnowballin
    LtSnowballin
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

They already have all of those collectibles, skins, etc in the current system on live. The only thing you don't have are the titles and the ability to purchase furnishings. What can they add with this new system that they havn't?

I also feel that your discounting how much attachment players have for their characters and their progression. I use achievements for that. I consider those achievements as part of their soul their being. I do things differently on each one. Basically I need a way to track individual development. Even if it's a separate menu. It's how I track where I am at in everything.

Don't get me wrong acount wide achievements have their appeal. One of which is that I can delete an achievement character (never) and still walk around with the title...

If I can't opt out or prevent this from happening then I would at least like a per character achievement progression tracking option.

I'm not discounting anyone here, which is why I included the "Opt in" option for people, so if they REALLY wanted to keep it they could even if I was a little blunt. I also said EXACTLY what they could add lmao. More Polymorphs, furnishings, etc.. That have a like 20% chance or whatever they choose for completing a "trifecta" run which is where most of the issues are coming from. People really are not choosing to look at this in any positive way.

#BardKnockLife
    Goblins Are Based
    CP 2000+
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO...

it's much better to be able to see all the achievements done by the player on any char, but do not merge them, please!

I want to be able to get certain achievements with each char!

You gave titles to all chars, but kept char specific exactly the most annoying grinds, like the books, recipes, motifs, shards, dragonguard (? lol), etc.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    As others have asked, please make this optional. Maybe have two tabs in the achievements, one for your account, one for the specific character you're logged in as.

As for titles, I think at least the story ones should be per character. Doesn't make much sense that a character that has never gone to Blackwood has the 'Champion of Blackwood' title
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can anyone confirm if pvp rank is account wide now?
    PC EU
  • Raevenglass
    Raevenglass
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to add my voice to making this optional.

Or if not, be a bit more mindful as to what titles should be shared. Do I want to do all the holiday events on every one of my characters for the titles? No. I would love that to be account-wide.

But should my character have Savior of X - if they haven't been to X or completed any of those quests? That doesn't make sense to me.

If Character X gained Emperor in Cyrodill, should all their characters have that title? That doesn't make sense. My healer cleared vet Sunspire so my new tank should have that title too?

I'm not seeing where the benefit is in having account-wide achievements for most things, especially for those of us who like the questing and adventuring on different characters. I also like clearing end-game content on different characters and want the option of earning those titles for each character given how different game play is for each.

Could someone explain where the benefit is?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    One of the primary reasons I play ESO is because of the repeatability of achievements on alternate characters through different classes and roles. Other games don't have that.

Please, please adjust this so that we are able to do this easily. The addition of a new tab that shows the account-wide progress (having achievement furnishing items unlock for all characters is fine, even titles, while I don't think they should be account-wide, it doesn't really matter), while still maintaining the per-character system that's been in the game for 8 years is all that's needed.

Edit to add my comments from a thread in general since they're specifically relevant here.

This change takes away from players to be able to re-play content on other classes or roles and get that feeling of accomplishment.

This change takes away from the roleplaying community who may not want certain titles/achievements on specific characters.

This change changes nothing for everybody else, because you could just figure out what you had done on your whole account (or if on PC, use an add-on to do it for you) - (with the exception of account-wide titles/achievement furnishing purchasing)

So, a sizable portion of the player base loses significantly in their game satisfaction.

Just add a global tab. See total account progress. Keep all characters separate. Don't overthink it.

Thank you! I agree
  • LtSnowballin
    LtSnowballin
    ✭✭✭
    valkyrie93 wrote: »
    can anyone confirm if pvp rank is account wide now?

It is not.
    #BardKnockLife
    Goblins Are Based
    CP 2000+
  • Mephit
    Mephit
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

I'm not discounting anyone here, which is why I included the "Opt in" option for people, so if they REALLY wanted to keep it they could even if I was a little blunt. I also said EXACTLY what they could add lmao. More Polymorphs, furnishings, etc.. That have a like 20% chance or whatever they choose for completing a "trifecta" run which is where most of the issues are coming from. People really are not choosing to look at this in any positive way.

Yes you did include an "opt in" option, but you baited by accusing of us of "having issues" etc... the bits that were "snipped" which is why I chipped in. I'm done.