Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Major issues with the game - by Angry Joe

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    5e8.jpg
    guise, plis, stahp. This has been going for too long, just...
    let-it-go.jpg
    But all in all ^this.

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no-hope-for-this-thread.jpg
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    As so many have said, Joe is part entertainer. As a serious critic, 10/10 for G2 and 5/10 for ESO is simply lacking consistency or objectivity.

I like his videos, but I often disagree with the guy, especially because of those two issues.
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShinChuck wrote: »
    As so many have said, Joe is part entertainer. As a serious critic, 10/10 for G2 and 5/10 for ESO is simply lacking consistency or objectivity.

I like his videos, but I often disagree with the guy, especially because of those two issues.

At the time GW2 was very innovative and the bugs it had at launch did not stop you from playing the game- nor were there any very serious bugs like the log in and bank bugs in eso.

It had three gamemodes that were and possibly are still the best or close to the best in the genre, a great guild system, auction house, crafting, inventory- basically every system in the game was AAA mmo standard.And it did all that for just a one off cost of $60- which in itself was almost revolutionary.

No other mmo has done so much right for such a consumer friendly price. It did deserve the 10/10 rating.

ESO on the other hand has all the issues he mentions- and many more he didn't.

• Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    I think a number of the critcisms against eso could be held against skyrim as well. Just about every cave or dungeon was filled with generic enemies with little variation. Npcs would often have inappropriate, immersion breaking comments. And I don't remember the armor being colorful. Everyone seemed to love skyrim despite this but hate eso for it.

Not saying eso doesn't need improving, just finding some of the complaints curious.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • vizionblind_ESO
    vizionblind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    but youre paying for ESO monthly
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible review, if you look at the comments youll see the angry army has again jumped on the bandwagon, everyone hating it even though 90% of them haven't even played it, 90% of people think "they should have made TES 6" when its a completely different developer that makes the single player games, 90% of people complaining about graphics "aren't as good as skyrim".

People are just dumb. And all joe did was just hate on the game and basically show us bugs which can be fixed.

I bet he got to like level 30 and reviewed it. Obviously he may not get to veteran 10 considering he is playing 10 other games at the same time, which is probably why he didnt immerse himself because he doesn't have the time.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since this page has this many people posting. He must have hit a nerve. Good job Joe. Always can trust you to call it how it is.
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    but youre paying for ESO monthly

To ensure it is regularly patched instead of relying on 3rd party mods to make the game better.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    Well since this page has this many people posting. He must have hit a nerve. Good job Joe. Always can trust you to call it how it is.

I think it just goes to show that the community is divided on this game thus far. Many of the posters are pointing out inaccuracies so he's hardly called it how it is.

Anyway 3 posts is enough contribution to this discussion. Time to move on, people can think what they like.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to do a review on Angry Joe because in my book ESO 8/10, Angry Joe 1/10.

That guy is vile.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to do a review on Angry Joe because in my book ESO 8/10, Angry Joe 1/10.

That guy is vile.

Lmao, he is more liked than you.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on April 26, 2014 10:05AM
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    Whe should really stop this right now! Go back to the beginning and start this all over again :D So! Yeah is angry joe a skilled Reviewer ? Hmmm thats a very hard question Buddies :o Maybe we should start with this :#

You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    ShinChuck wrote: »

At the time GW2 was very innovative and the bugs it had at launch did not stop you from playing the game- nor were there any very serious bugs like the log in and bank bugs in eso.

It had three gamemodes that were and possibly are still the best or close to the best in the genre, a great guild system, auction house, crafting, inventory- basically every system in the game was AAA mmo standard.And it did all that for just a one off cost of $60- which in itself was almost revolutionary.

No other mmo has done so much right for such a consumer friendly price. It did deserve the 10/10 rating.

ArenaNet employee spotted
    idiot
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you keep feeding them? They aren't interested in a dialogue, it's pointless explaining them things they already know and choose to ignore just to feed the flames. It's the same people posting the same dribble all over the forum. Just let it die
  • joshuaingo
    His video has alot of inaccuracies though that I'd expect from someone who hasn't played the game that much and then makes a 38 minute review video.

The PVE issue he nailed in my opinion, this game should encourage group play and it doesnt.
    Edited by joshuaingo on April 26, 2014 12:40PM
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Joe is going to the bank with all this free advertising.

I cant believe people fall for these threads. Y'knoooooooooow some people .
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    The game is absolutely stunning :O
    Strange some don't find it beautiful?
    Npc are sometimes a bit cartoonish compared to the environment though, can not point my finger at it but the correlation between the two is somewhat off.
  • Jadakin
    Jadakin
    ✭✭✭
    Having an impact on the world has a drawback. That drawback is phasing. He killed a boss and finished his quest so he couldn't help his girlfriend kill the boss anymore. He had to sit there and watch her die. That is why he did a 38 minute review bashing the game. I mean no one is going to mention his strawman 'evil' cobra commander? iFamers post negative things because that gets people to check your video out. Haters are looking for validation, Lovers are looking for information to defend their game against it. I would just like for once someone with an IQ and understanding of game design actually discuss the concepts in an adult rationale manner, sans the schtick of having to be angry all the time.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nikolas wrote: »
    omg... is this post still "Active"? The guy that gave 10/10 at gw2 (my worst mmo experience ever - although i LOVED gw1) is trashing ESO, I must be in the "right" game as it seems lol! Even for the things that he was spot on (which can ALL be fixed), its not WHAT you say its HOW you say it. It was obvious to me that he wanted to trash it - for his own reasons - and he was adding pure lies to his "examples".

Anyway I'm having fun playing it, so who cares about Joe.

PS: Good day to all of you :)

I could not stand Guild Wars 2 either. I was bored to the point of quitting 30 minutes into beta.
    joshuaingo wrote: »
    His video has alot of inaccuracies though that I'd expect from someone who hasn't played the game that much and then makes a 38 minute review video.

The PVE issue he nailed in my opinion, this game should encourage group play and it doesnt.

What recent MMORPG does encourage grouping during most of its PvE? I can't think of a single one.

Guild Wars2 (which apparently he raves about) certainly didn't. Outside of dungeons and PvP (basically same as this game and most others) soloing was the norm.

Just another example of his inconsistency.

That's been the trend now for years for MMORPGs to treat character progression as a largely single-player experience. But to watch Annoying Joe's review you would have thought this was some great and unique sin committed only by Elder Scrolls.

It was just a hugely bias review. Any fair-minded person can see that.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 26, 2014 2:52PM
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.

I imagine it's frustrating trying to blindly defend a game with such obvious issues too. It's a little ironic, the fanboys are the most destructive force in ESO by pretending everything is perfect and messing up the feedback process. I mean how else could Zenimax make some of these mind boggling decisions?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »

Pretty much this.

I imagine it's frustrating trying to blindly defend a game with such obvious issues too. It's a little ironic, the fanboys are the most destructive force in ESO by pretending everything is perfect and messing up the feedback process. I mean how else could Zenimax make some of these mind boggling decisions?

I really don't see much of this fanboism you describe in this thread.

Most of Annoying Joe's critics recognize he had some valid points. They were just out-weighed by his blatant exaggerations and foolish rants over insignificant things

It just wasn't a fair review. More like a spoof at the game's expense to try and be entertaining by trashing the game as much as possible.

Edited by Jeremy on April 26, 2014 3:12PM
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    he didnt even made a real game review. His title should be called " The bugs of elder scrolls online - angry review " but not -game review-.

he just jumped on the opinion of the internet-mind hive to get views, clicks, played the angry monkey for entertainment and then checked his paypal...

sorry but people who get their opinions from youtube are brainless -_- i dont defend eso, i offense his so called review. Cya back to actually playing eso :o
    You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That guy is vile.

Lmao, he is more liked than you.

Lol you sheep, as if his saddo z-status internet personality has anything to do with his RL persona and how he is liked.

for your info I am a famous A-lister with zillions of more likes that Angry Shmoe.

or you....

Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on April 26, 2014 5:12PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • RudeShadow
    RudeShadow
    Soul Shriven
    Angry Rant @ Angry Joe's Deceitful ESO Review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv_7UqFGra8
  • PayneTK
    PayneTK
    ✭✭
    I love Angry Joe and usually agree with him ..but he gave GW2 a 10/10 which is bullshhit. This game is way better than GW2.

He only gave this game a 5/10 because of its monthly cost. His comments are not related to gameplay whatsoever:

-he complains about the imperial horse being tied to CE (but that only gives gold more valor to buy a good horse)
    -he complains about boss farming (that's not really gamebreaking, it only reminds me of a similar farming mechanic from Mu Online)
    -he complains about bugged quests (but they are fixing them one by one)
    -the only broken mechanic i can agree with him is on the group phases with the floating arrows when a group member is in a different part of the same quest and you can't receive help from that friend. They should really fix that with a share quest option.
    -as for the graphics, i think he is playing on low, because i'm playing this game in 3D and it looks frikin amazing.
    Edited by PayneTK on April 26, 2014 10:37PM
  • RudeShadow
    RudeShadow
    Soul Shriven
    PayneTK wrote: »
    I love Angry Joe and usually agree with him ..but he gave GW2 a 10/10 which is bullshhit. This game is way better than GW2.

He only gave this game a 5/10 because of its monthly cost. His comments are not related to gameplay whatsoever:

-he complains about the imperial horse being tied to CE (but that only gives gold more valor to buy a good horse)
    -he complains about boss farming (that's not really gamebreaking, it only reminds me of a similar farming mechanic from Mu Online)
    -he complains about bugged quests (but they are fixing them one by one)
    -the only broken mechanic i can agree with him is on the group phases with the floating arrows when a group member is in a different part of the same quest and you can't receive help from that friend. They should really fix that with a share quest option.
    -as for the graphics, i think he is playing on low, because i'm playing this game in 3D and it looks frikin amazing.

Yeah, the game looks amazing on my system and I have everything maxed out..

It's funny how a concept can change the mindset of gamers, because a few years ago the subscription model was a very common practice in NA (no one cried), but now that we've been introduced to the F2P model in recent years, a 14.99 monthly price tag seems to be too much for some folks; that really tickles me to death...lol I'd rather pay a monthly fee and have access to all content, versus reaching in my wallet each time I need something in game. Usually you'll end up paying more with F2P, but you won't realize it, because you'll think that you're really saving money paying $1.99- $3.99 here and there. Not to mention the addition to pay to win situations in most cases... NO Thanks!

• ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »

GW2 was a very good game, but most people actually disagree with you that it deserved a 10/10. The flat 90% it has on Gamerankings and Metacritic is very, very good, but it's a long, long way from 10 (it's much easier to go from 60 to 70, 70 to 80, and even 80 to 90).

It's a long, long way from 10, and add in Joe's 5/10 for ESO, and the gap is even more absurd. The gap between the two games right now averages out to 15 points (ESO around 75 on the two sites, with GW2 around 90). Joe put the gap at *50* points.

That's just knee-jerk, end of story.
    Edited by ShinChuck on April 27, 2014 4:32AM
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Nimrael
    Nimrael
    ✭✭
    The thing with GW2 and its 10/10 ratings is that ArenaNet had a good marketing ploy, people wanted it to succeed because it was free-to-play.
    I personally thought it was rubbish, with the worst PVE I had ever seen.
    EVER.

The thing with ZOS is that they begun alienating their own fans with shoddy marketing ploys and a not very well thought out sub plan (having to set up a sub to even enjoy your 30 free days is absolute balls tbh).
    When a game requires a sub, and is so expensive, etc...It better come out in top shape.
    And it certainly hasn't.
    In fact, no AAA MMO has come out in shape this bad since Vanguard/AoC...
    Anyone who says differently is flat out deceiving themselves.

Now, MAJOR AND GAMEBREAKING / PROGRESS-BLOCKING BUGS ASIDE,
    the game had some really bad design decisions.
    I'm speaking for PvE mostly, I'll leave to some PvPers to judge PvP, though from what I hear it's the saving grace of the game.

There is no end-game content.
    Nowadays, you have to expect the vast majority of hard-core or semi-hardcore players to reach max level within a month.
    An AAA MMO has to have end-game content at launch. By the time you release a patch with extra content, more than likely it will be too late.
    Veteran content, dungeons aside, is just quest grinding and it burns people out.
    As you go along, zones are emptier and emptier.
    When you do get to level 10, well... Wait for more content that wasn't ready at launch.
    And before someone says end-game content IS Veteran content, if that is truly so, that's just a failed concept.
    End game is what you do when you reach that max level, and what you do when you get there.

But... To get to the VR, you have to get there.
    Now, I had fun in 1-50, and the game's combat, skill/character progression and crafting are excellent.
    The bad sides are just as numerous though.

The grouping mechanics are awful.
    Chest loot in dungeons was amazingly poorly thought out.
    You can't replace someone in a dungeon until they leave the instance.
    You can't reset the instance, you have to disband the group, and basically "manually" reform it and get a new instance.
    The phasing! Oh, the phasing, and how many quests are broken by it.
    It's absolutely unbelievable to me that noone in ZOS didn't think a crowd of 50 people would break quests for one person if the quest wasn't instanced for everyone. Seriously. I don't think anything in this game shows it was ZOS' first MMO as clearly as that.
    The public dungeons would've been wonderful if they'd been instanced to 1-4 players, this way it's just a quick run to the boss and the shard and the bots camping the boss. Neither fun nor challenging.

I also don't like the care-bear zerg PvE that has become common with GW2.
    I prefer a player / group encounter-locking mobs, EQ-style.
    But that's my preference, can understand someone liking something else, no problem.

As for the bugs, this is just what I've experienced (and most of them are common bugs):
    - blocked progress on Motes of Moonlight (2-3 days)
    - blocked progress on Greenshade Retaking the Pass (3-4 days)
    - blocked progress on Coldharbour Gatekeeper
    - blocked progress on Morag Bal kill (one of the demons is basically missplaced and has to be killed,etc... can't believe stuff like that gets through to Live games)
    - numerous quests broken (I've counted about 7-8 at least)
    - numerous rerolls in Greenshade (I mean, seriously, rerolls in an AAA MMO?)
    - numerous dungeons bugged (5 dungeons bugged or glitched out for my parties, some multiple times)

I think I was unable to play on my main for at least 10 or so days out of the 30 the game's been out due to bugs and rerolls.
    IN AN AAA GAME.
    There's no excuse for that.

Add to that the now well-known issues that have plagued the game since launch:
    - item duping
    - innocent people getting banned as well as the guilty ones as a consequence
    - bank issues (people losing items, money and skill points)
    - Vampire exploit (or just a bad concept?) in PvP

I repeat, no AAA MMO has gone Live in this bad of a shape since Vanguard:SOH and AoC.
    Both Vanguard and AoC ended up being excellent games IMO.
    Excellent games that nobody played because of the reputation they got at their launch (and deservedly so).

Now, I LIKE the game.
    I'm still playing it, crawling through VR content, even though I really don't find it fun and I've begun leveling an alt now.
    The VR dungeons are excellent, but the rest of the content is "meh".
    And the itemization/drops are horrible.
    But, why people keep whiteknighting and defending the undefendable is beyond me.

This game has major issues and flaws. Some with bugs, some with design decisions and some stemming from a first-time developer with a shoddy/greedy marketing team.

The ONLY way to fix the bugs and hope for changes on certain design and gameplay decisions is to make the dev AWARE of the issues, not mop them under a carpet and sugar-coat every bug and poor implementation in the game.

YOU deserve better. Your money deserves better.
    This game wasn't ready and wasn't tested properly.

Again, before the zealots come in, I LIKE the game, I'M PLAYING it still...
    But the issues are there dudes.
  • dragnar12
    dragnar12
    ✭✭
    RudeShadow wrote: »
    Angry Rant @ Angry Joe's Deceitful ESO Review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv_7UqFGra8

what aj said is still true i myself was stuck on the main quest for 6 day,s

a couple of persons i know have thousends of *** ( still duped ) and not banned

after vr1 its a boring ass quest grind

and 90% of the players have quit

YEAY

i give this game 1/10

the preorder horse is oke ( the *** race lock is NOT )

and if u think your right and every one els is wrong
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHT2j9CjB8&list=UU4_bwov47DseacR1-ttTdOg
    Edited by dragnar12 on April 29, 2014 2:53AM