The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are there issues with the desktop site with the forums?

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not working here. It was working before, therefore a change has been made. Reverse that change. If you made several changes and are not sure which is responsible, reverse all of them. QED.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi Everyone! We wanted to provide a quick update. We are still working out a solution to this issue. Thanks for your continued feedback and we'll update with anything new. Thanks for your continued patience on this issue.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I followed the instructions provided by @Vanzen on this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/579590/forums-are-broken#latest

And now I can load the forums on Chrome (desktop).

Please note the caveat mentioned by @Alucardo further down on the same thread.

This also solved the problem for me. Since you require access to the Forums to view this patch work fix, I provided a step-by-step guide on my own blog: https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved

Thank you for posting this fix but I can't get it to work. The stylish editor is flagging the !important bit. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm on Firefox.
    PC EU & NA
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I followed the instructions provided by @Vanzen on this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/579590/forums-are-broken#latest

And now I can load the forums on Chrome (desktop).

Please note the caveat mentioned by @Alucardo further down on the same thread.

Worked great for me, at least I can get the Forums on Chrome now. Thank you folks for steering us in the right direction. Good show all.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have this problem on different mobile devices. I tried Chrome and default Browsers. Clearing cache didn't work.
    What worked for me:
    I've installed Firefox browser on mobile device, and in browser's settings, I set it to "Desktop version". I don't know precisely how this option is called in English, but something with this meaning. I have no problem with viewing forums in that browser on mobile device now. Without setting "Desktop version", I could only see black background there as well.
    Edited by Fischblut on July 2, 2021 5:24PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you break a website……?

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 9, 2021 11:30AM
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    How do you break a website……?

[snip]

If a really stupid CSS problem like this takes days to fix, I understand many things lol

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 9, 2021 11:30AM
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    The site's been unusable in Safari for days.

I've found that I can disable JS (Safari: Settings, enable Developer mode, Develop>Disable JS), or disable Ghostery ad-blocking, and see the forum… but can't post or much else without JS, and I dislike leaving ad-blocking off for even this site.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having no issues on my desktop using Pale Moon 29.2.1 (a fork of Firefox). I don't use a phone as a computer, nor do I use other browsers.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I noticed this problem on my iPhone yesterday. After reading through the thread I was able to get the mobile forums to finally load by disabling JavaScript in the Safari settings, although it will only load the mobile site. I get an error page if I try to view the desktop site in Safari from my phone, however.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just turned off javascript on my browser for this site only and the site now works as should.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think this is a browser issue. I think the problem is that Akamai (who appears to be doing content delivery for ESO) is not delivering all the content to all our devices.

With my phone, my service provides a VPN. On my phone, sometimes any browser displays the forums correctly, and sometimes no browser displays the forums correctly. The VPN masks my actual location, so I think whether it works or not depends upon what Akamai "sees" as my phone location.

On my home computer, no browser displays forum correctly, unless I install Stylish and following the instructions https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved

At work, on my work computer all browsers display forum correctly.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Apparently only location matters.

I just tried a free VPN (Proton VPN) and I am able to access forums using any browser (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) on my home computer while the VPN is running.

With the free Proton VPN turned off, I cannot access the forums using any browser on my home computer.

Apparently the ESO forum content provider does not like my actual home location, but likes the location that the free Proton VPN is using.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update; while I was having no issues even 12 hours ago - Currently I am intermittently having this same issue impacting me. Nothing has changed on my end & at this point I am also occasionally having to use the reddit fix of:

choosing 'Inspect' then clicked on the Style Editor tab and disabled style-compat.css in the left-hand column.

Hopefully this helps to pinpoint a repro/fix! @ZOS_Kevin
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update; while I was having no issues even 12 hours ago - Currently I am intermittently having this same issue impacting me. Nothing has changed on my end & at this point I am also occasionally having to use the reddit fix of:

choosing 'Inspect' then clicked on the Style Editor tab and disabled style-compat.css in the left-hand column.

This has actually worked for me where other fixes didn't, so I appreciate your post. I do have to do it each time I load a new page though, so hopefully ZoS will get this fixed soon.
    PC EU & NA
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not working on desktop. FIX NOW!
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭

This has actually worked for me where other fixes didn't, so I appreciate your post. I do have to do it each time I load a new page though, so hopefully ZoS will get this fixed soon.

Interesting turn of events, today I am not as of yet having issues on Desktop; however I have the exact same issue present on my mobile devices web browser - without the ability to implement the quoted fix!
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on July 4, 2021 2:54PM
  • JoHegl
    JoHegl
    ✭✭✭
    Even though it is astonishing that fixing this takes so long (keeping me from easily browsing the forums for almost a week now), here are my observations:
    • Firefox 89.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10: Not working (aka only background and no content for me aside from the privacy banner) in "regular" mode. Everything working in mobile mode (as "iPad"; Ctrl+Shift+M). Network: Telekom Germany (landline DSL).
    • Firefox 89.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10: Not working (aka only background and no content for me aside from the privacy banner) in "regular" mode. Everything working in mobile mode (as "iPad"; Ctrl+Shift+M). Network: Telekom Germany (landline DSL) plus VPN to the Netherlands.
    • Firefox 89.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10: Always working. Network: Telekom Germany (landline DSL) plus VPN to the USA.
    • Vivaldi 4.0.2312.33 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on Windows 10: b]Not working[/b] (aka only background and no content for me aside from the privacy banner) in "regular" mode. Everything working in mobile mode (as "iPad"; Ctrl+Shift+M). Network: Telekom Germany (landline DSL).
    • Firefox 89.1.1 on Android: Working in normal (mobile) mode. Not working (aka only background and no content for me aside from the privacy banner) when choosing "desktop site" mode. Network: Telekom Germany (landline DSL).
    • Firefox 89.1.1 on Android: Always working. Network: Telefonica O2 Germany (mobile network).
    • Any browser, but logged in to the forums: Always working.
    • Removing (or changing) the lines 712-714 (body {visibility: hidden}) in previously mentioned /applications/dashboard/design/style-compat.css?v=60d9fdb6 fixes the problem.

Take your pick from routing issues and styling issues, I guess. Maybe the guys at vanillaforums.com (which seems to be your forums software) know something that would help.

Good luck!

EDIT: Added the login factor that has been mentioned by others before!
    Edited by JoHegl on July 4, 2021 8:10PM
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope it gets fixed soon.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • NarutoUzumaki24
    NarutoUzumaki24
    ✭✭✭
    Using Brave Browser, the same thing is happening, for now, I just change "hidden" to "visible", but I have to do this in every forum page:

body {
    visibility: visible;
    }
    • EP Imperial Dragonknight – Solo/Tank/DPS/PvP – Lord Naruto Uzumaki "The MC of my ES Fanfic"
    • DCAltmer Sorcerer– Solo PvE/PvP/DPS – Valritte Kjældsen "The Vestige in my ES Fanfic"
    • ADBreton Templar – Healer – Annabelle Jurard
    • EPDark Elf Warden – DPS – Alyanna von Nerethi
    • DCImperial Templar– Tank/PvP – Ariana Præxemilia Leonius/b]
    • EPNord Dragonknight – Tank – Ygritte Kjældsen
    • EPBreton Necromancer– DPS – Alyssane Montierre
    • EPImperial Dragonknight –PvP– Aurelius Marcus Uzumaki
    • EPDark Elf Nightblade – PvP – Naryu Virian Uzumaki
    • Primary Residence – Daggerfall Overlook "Kjældsen Manor"
    • New Residence to complete – Grand Psijic Villa "Uzumaki Artæum Manor"
    "We profess that there is no salvation outside the Church... For the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth." – Pope Leo XII
    1. TESO accounts: NarutoUzumaki24 | NarutoUzumaki242
    2. Fanfiction.net author name: Ex-Durandal 24
    3. Steam: Pope Pius XIII
    4. Origin: Jello242
    5. Uplay: bfigu
    6. GOG Galaxy: Jello242
    "All of us want peace; not the peace of the dead, but the peace of the living..." – President Rodrigo Roa Duterte
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t access the forums using either Chrome Or Microsoft Edge.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I changed my browser setting to allow javascript on the forums again and it is working fine now on PC for me in Chrome. I tried checking Edge and it still bugged. Dev tools show 2 javascript files that aren't loading.

Interesting, a couple of weeks ago my antivirus was displaying a blocked content message (risky content) on all the bethesda sites I visited... hope the two issues aren't related.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it’s the 6th and the site is still blank except for the background screen

Microsoft edge in the uk on what passes for a pc
  • LeglessUK
    LeglessUK
    ✭✭✭
    Still not working for me, after nearly 1 week :(

PC/EU, Windows 10 Pro x64, using Microsoft Edge x64 version 91.0.864.64
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no fix? This is really annoying viewing the forums and trying to post on my phone is really difficult for me.
    PC EU & NA
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    ive had this issue for days now on dekstop pc, android phone works fine..
    i saw someone suggested downloading a java disabling addon for firefox, which has actually solved the issue.
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using Edge on Windows 10 desktop, I blocked JavaScript on this site only. I can now read the forums with a few features missing.

PC EU
  • LeglessUK
    LeglessUK
    ✭✭✭
    Using Edge on Windows 10 desktop, I blocked JavaScript on this site only. I can now read the forums with a few features missing.

Just tried this and it works as described, missing a few things on the page, but at least you can read and write to the forums.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon, the problem has been know for a week now and still no fix, this is not good, surely it can't be that hard to do, now that we know what the problem is?
  • thoreyes
    thoreyes
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Same problem here using chrome and Microsoft edge not showing.
    iPad and iPhone website showing on safari.
This discussion has been closed.