The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there issues with the desktop site with the forums?

• Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taking way longer to sort out than I thought. Obviously quite low on the priority list.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I followed the instructions provided by @Vanzen on this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/579590/forums-are-broken#latest

And now I can load the forums on Chrome (desktop).

Please note the caveat mentioned by @Alucardo further down on the same thread.

This also solved the problem for me. Since you require access to the Forums to view this patch work fix, I provided a step-by-step guide on my own blog: https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved

I read on my Blog and on the Forums that the problem also exists for Mozilla Firefox users.
    Please find the Mozilla Firefox solution to the Forums problem here.

I've only tested this fix on my own end. Would be great if some of you let me know if this worked for you.

(Edit)
    PS. I may have also found a solution for Microsft Edge users. I will write a step-by-step solution tomorrow.
    PPS. You can find all unofficial fixes here: https://lmclan.weebly.com/forums-fixes.html

Edited by DTStormfox on July 7, 2021 11:33AM
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was working on Firefox for me on my laptop. But just a few minutes ago I had to relog into my work VPN and the forums no longer function properly in Firefox. And also don't work on any other browser I've tried.

I am only able to even type this out right now by repeatedly going into the Inspect and toggling the background visibility. And I have to do this every time I change a page or go to a new link in the forum.

At this point, outside of having to do this annoying work around repeatedly, I have basically lost all access to the forums. This is beyond broken at this point.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/579590/forums-are-broken#latest

Yeah... I've been pulling my hair out for a week trying to fix this. This worked. Thanks to @Vanzen(?).
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This issue is now taking well over a week... please please please fix this ASAP!
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite astounded to find this problem with a web page in mid 2021! Cross browser/platform compatibility has been essential for web design since the 1980's.

No wonder in-game bugs persist :D

Please sort this out as viewing the forums can be really important when there are unplanned maintenance events or in-game issues.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it should've been fixed immediately; says a lot about levels of competence and customer care that this issue persists.

Firefox fix for pc(essentially overrides the forum styles):
    1. Add following to userContent.css [found in ...\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\....\chrome, if file not there or chrome subdirectory (nothing to do with other browser of that name) does not exist create both or whichever is missing. If struggling to locate/create this subdirectory & file: google will explain where it lives better than me]
      /*eso forum - tmp fix 2021-07-07 */
      @-moz-document domain(forums.elderscrollsonline.com) {
          body { visibility: visible !important; }
      }

2. enable it by 'about:config' in address bar, search for toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets and set to true
    3. close and restart browser.
    4. complain to zos about shoddy website, lag, bugs, failed events, lack of proper communication etc etc...

edit: clarified above is pc fix; might be possible to modify approach for mobile if css override supported for other devices with firefox.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on July 7, 2021 4:18PM
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    This has gone on way too long. Fix it and stop jerking us all around. YOU should be investigating this, not calling on US to do your work.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using the Brave Browser. It works good and blocks lots of stuff at the same time.
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ackwalan but that one is not working either. Whoever looks after these forums ought to be ashamed. Here we are in 2021 where all other sites work on just about anything and ESO Forums can’t ever run properly on any one of the main browsers. Meh I will check back in 2025 and see if that’s been fixed.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nephthys wrote: »
    Thanks Ackwalan but that one is not working either. Whoever looks after these forums ought to be ashamed. Here we are in 2021 where all other sites work on just about anything and ESO Forums can’t ever run properly on any one of the main browsers. Meh I will check back in 2025 and see if that’s been fixed.

Did you try this? https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    I use Google Chrome. As a work around I have simply disabled JavaScript for this forum. I can't add reactions to posts, but I can at least read and reply to posts as well as create new threads.

But yes, this is taking an inordinate amount of time to fix.
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using Edge on Windows 10 desktop, I blocked JavaScript on this site only. I can now read the forums with a few features missing.
    Nephthys wrote: »
    Can’t access the forums using either Chrome Or Microsoft Edge.
    LeglessUK wrote: »
    Still not working for me, after nearly 1 week :(

PC/EU, Windows 10 Pro x64, using Microsoft Edge x64 version 91.0.864.64

I've just posted a fix for Microsoft Edge users on my blog: https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-microsoft-edge-fix

Let me know if it worked. If it didn't, I will look for another solution (if it still is relevant enough).
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭

This also solved the problem for me. Since you require access to the Forums to view this patch work fix, I provided a step-by-step guide on my own blog: https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved

I read on my Blog and on the Forums that the problem also exists for Mozilla Firefox users.
    Please find the Mozilla Firefox solution to the Forums problem here.

I've only tested this fix on my own end. Would be great if some of you let me know if this worked for you.

(Edit)
    PS. I may have also found a solution for Microsft Edge users. I will write a step-by-step solution tomorrow.
    PPS. You can find all unofficial fixes here: https://lmclan.weebly.com/forums-fixes.html

Thanks very much for the solution for Firefox on your blog - forums now work on my laptop. But really, this should have been fixed properly by ZOS before now.
    PC-EU.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think the underlying problem is the Content Delivery Network (CDN) that ZOS is using for ESO forums, which appears to be Akamai. This is how I understand it works, note that I am not an expert in this field A CDN like Akamai makes cache copies of the content, in this case the ESO forums. Depending upon where you are, and whether you are on desktop or mobile, you see a different cache copy of the ESO forums. I think that some cache copies are invalid, and are not serving the file that contains the command to make the forums visible. Which means some people can see the forums and others cannot, depending upon their device (mobile versus desktop) and location on the internet.

Possible solution: Purge the Akamai Cache. https://developer.akamai.com/akamai-101-basics-purging Note that we cannot do this, it appears to need to be done by whoever is maintaining the ESO forums.

Perhaps it has not been fixed yet because folks in Rockville, Maryland (corporate home of ZOS) can see the forums on their devices without issues.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any ETA on this.....?? really silly that its still a problem.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, been well over a week now.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having the same trouble on 2 out of 3 computers.
    Apple (computer at work) with Safari, Firefox, Mozilla - no go.
    Windows 10 (computer at work) with Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox - no go.
    Windows 10 (computer at home) with Chrome, Edge, Firefox - works.

Very surprising this is taking so much time to fix :/
    Edited by Haenk on July 9, 2021 4:37PM
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    body { visibility: visible; }

That is the important commandline. The rest is just balderdash. Wether you use userChrome.css or an extension (chrome or firefox) for a custom style. !important can mumble up your command and in the end it will not work.
    First rule in programming:
    Keep IT Simple!
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    As a somewhat more "non-programmer" friendly process, you can also make a bookmark with the url being
    javascript:(function(){document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.visibility = 'visible'})()
    then click it if the page is blank
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love it.

The game has been turning into the Elder Grind Online for years, now the forum is a grind too.

Basically, if you cant see the forum please build your own.

I’ll bet a fix will be available in the crown store next month.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Thanks for your continued feedback here as it has been helpful. We are still actively working on resolving this issue. Thanks for your continued patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing this since then too.

I'm at least glad the problem isn't just me - nothing (of mine) is bricked! Thank god.

But anyway, I too have tried multiple browsers, disabling AV/messing with Firewall, clearing cookies and
    web history, etc. Nothing works. The only way I'm able to write this comment right now is through using the
    'Inspect Element' method - what a bother! I can access everything else BUT the forums. Of course the store
    and such works fine, eh? Everything works fine on my mobile phone but mobile phones kinda suck for
    browsing ngl. Nothing beats a good, old desktop PC! Hopefully you guys (ZO$) fix it, or else this will be my
    last post. I don't care enough to be doing your work for you. I know forums don't bring in revenue but please fix! B)
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Is this ever going to be fixed? [snip] Can access on my phone, but not my desktop on chrome and edge.

[edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 11, 2021 1:01PM
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't work for me with Mozilla Firefox.

I have to uncheck "body visibility : hidden;" on every page I want to see.

Sorry, I'm French and it's difficult to explain...
  • lauren
    lauren

Thank you for posting this on your blog! Following your steps worked for me :)

I think Zos should recommend this on their help page as it works better than their workaround!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally! It's back!

I've been unable to access the forums on both my desktops at all for the duration of this problem, and only able to access them on my phone while in incognito mode and then not consistently. Now I can access them normally on both desktops and the phone.

Let's hope it's the same for everyone else, and that it's a permanent fix!
    Edited by Tandor on July 13, 2021 6:57PM
  • shiny
    shiny
    Soul Shriven
    Woot! It finally works for me too!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me too! I've only checked on Firefox, but I didn't have to do anything special, just go to the site like normal and it worked. :)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the updates, @Tandor and @shiny. If others who had this issue are able to see the forums again, please sound off so we have a record of this. Thanks so much.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.