Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Extended maintenance Again ?

• ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    ThorianB wrote: »
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Diminish wrote: »
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    @wolfpaw you act like psn users never send a single complaint to Sony. Believe me, they do. But complaining to just Sony doesn’t fix anything cause at the end of the day it isn’t on Sony to issue fixes or communicate to us that maintenance was extended or why. This is why I called out your comment cause you are missing the mark on the advice you are trying to provide.

*If* enough reports poor into Sony, they will force ZoS' hand. Just look at Cyberpunk...

They have forced ZOS’s hand in the past, they quickly had to patch the crash issue from dragonhold

👍

Sony Support 1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation
    In the past, PS4 and Xbox were on equal footing. Sony is now a direct competitor to ZOS parent company. PS players may want to be careful rocking that boat, lest you rock yourselves right into the ocean.

Yes, because I'm sure Microsoft and ZeniMax are more than happy to throw away a lot of revenue because — *GASP* — some PS players had the *nerve* to complain.

If that's the case, maybe economic populism and monopoly-breaking should become the new normal.

The amount of revenue that MS will make off this game on the PS platform for the entire year wont even equal the revenue MS made between 8 am and 9 am last tuesday. Corporate giant's shut down businesses that cause the company headaches all the time. They will also take a hard pass on deals that aren't in their interest. Example: MS bought Beam, rebranded it a Mixer paid Ninja and Shroud millions to swap from Twitch to Mixer and then shut it down a few months later because it was being outperformed by Twitch. They threw away millions and didn't even bat an eye.

That happens in corporate America all the time. If PS4 players keep complaining to Sony, and it causes problems for MS, they will make the problem go away. It's a rival platform. When products don't work right, they get removed. If the game is having to many issues( complaints) on the PS platform but is fine on xbox and PC, MS may just decide to pull PS support.

All i am saying is you may not want to try to escalate a problem that ZOS is trying to fix already when it is going to do nothing positive for you. Its a game. It states in their TOS or EULA or something that you don't get guaranteed 100% uptime . No MMO has 100% uptime even when you exclude maintenance. That is an unreasonable ask for it to have 100% uptime when you want to play it. And by complaining to Sony, you are rocking a boat that may flip if you rock it to much. But rock away... Tech giant's have pulled the plugs on things for less.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I picked an interesting time to come back to the game. lol.

Not really mad, just a bit surprised. Is this a semi-regular thing I need to be ready for in future?
    Options
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wolfpaw you act like psn users never send a single complaint to Sony. Believe me, they do. But complaining to just Sony doesn’t fix anything cause at the end of the day it isn’t on Sony to issue fixes or communicate to us that maintenance was extended or why. This is why I called out your comment cause you are missing the mark on the advice you are trying to provide.

*If* enough reports poor into Sony, they will force ZoS' hand. Just look at Cyberpunk...

They have forced ZOS’s hand in the past, they quickly had to patch the crash issue from dragonhold

👍

In the past, PS4 and Xbox were on equal footing. Sony is now a direct competitor to ZOS parent company. PS players may want to be careful rocking that boat, lest you rock yourselves right into the ocean.

Yes, because I'm sure Microsoft and ZeniMax are more than happy to throw away a lot of revenue because — *GASP* — some PS players had the *nerve* to complain.

If that's the case, maybe economic populism and monopoly-breaking should become the new normal.

The amount of revenue that MS will make off this game on the PS platform for the entire year wont even equal the revenue MS made between 8 am and 9 am last tuesday. Corporate giant's shut down businesses that cause the company headaches all the time. They will also take a hard pass on deals that aren't in their interest. Example: MS bought Beam, rebranded it a Mixer paid Ninja and Shroud millions to swap from Twitch to Mixer and then shut it down a few months later because it was being outperformed by Twitch. They threw away millions and didn't even bat an eye.

That happens in corporate America all the time. If PS4 players keep complaining to Sony, and it causes problems for MS, they will make the problem go away. It's a rival platform. When products don't work right, they get removed. If the game is having to many issues( complaints) on the PS platform but is fine on xbox and PC, MS may just decide to pull PS support.

All i am saying is you may not want to try to escalate a problem that ZOS is trying to fix already when it is going to do nothing positive for you. Its a game. It states in their TOS or EULA or something that you don't get guaranteed 100% uptime . No MMO has 100% uptime even when you exclude maintenance. That is an unreasonable ask for it to have 100% uptime when you want to play it. And by complaining to Sony, you are rocking a boat that may flip if you rock it to much. But rock away... Tech giant's have pulled the plugs on things for less.

I don't particularly care about 100 percent uptime. Anyone with a morsel of common sense knows well enough that everything needs maintenance and, thus there will be downtime — even to the point of something like what's happening now on the PS version of ESO.

What drew my attention, Thorian, was the implication that if people dare complain too much, well, they just might lose it all. Folks wouldn't put up with that if it came from any level of government — local, regional, state or federal — so they shouldn't have to quake in their boots if a corporation decides to play hardball.

Besides, I'm pretty certain Microsoft and ZeniMax both have hides thicker than a rhino's, so they are more than capable of not reacting to some negative customer feedback like an enraged teenager who's just been told they have a curfew.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
    Options
  • seps42
    seps42
    ✭✭
    Questions I have as a PS player
    ...I know you’re extending the event but at the end of the day Xbox and PC are getting more rewards than us.

If this isn't the biggest load of "WAAAH, they have an oatmeal cookie and I don't! *even tho I don't like oatmeal cookies*" crap I've ever heard. Who gives af about what they are getting and we aren't, we don't play with them. Go to that platform if you are so worried that they are getting more than you.
    Edited by seps42 on April 6, 2021 3:39AM
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It may take 24-48 hours for the realms to come back online. As a result of these issues, we are going to be extending our Anniversary Jubilee across all platforms.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please do not forget to extend the existing ESO Plus subscriptions on PS4 accordingly.

Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad there ain’t any other decent MMO’s on PS5.
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on April 6, 2021 3:47AM
    Options
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad there ain’t any other decent MMO’s on PS5.

Yet. Few excellent ones coming.
    Edited by rrimöykk on April 6, 2021 4:14AM
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I asked how the future of the game looked in a post a while back. It got moved to the Bug Reports forum when that was NOT the point!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • CupcakePaparazzi
    It may take 24-48 hours for the realms to come back online. As a result of these issues, we are going to be extending our Anniversary Jubilee across all platforms.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please do not forget to extend the existing ESO Plus subscriptions on PS4 accordingly.

Seriously though... extend everything that PS4 specifically missed out on please.
    Aldmeri Dominion. PSN: JackieDBones
    cupcakepaparazzi.com
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, it's ZoS's way of best trying to make things fair by extending the event across all platforms. As a PS player myself I find that it sucks that Xbox and PC are benefitting to our current dumpster fire, but what's the alternative??

A). Let the event run out until it expires. PC and Xbox get the full experience, PS get the whatever is left when things get back online.

B. Extend the event across all platforms, this has the least amount of risk of breaking any other things in the game and PS players at least get the full original time of the event, and yes PC and Xbox get additional time, which is unfortunate to be a PS player.

C). Only extend the event for PS players and not the other platforms and from the looks of things could break other things in the game on other platforms including PS which would probably just make things worse creating more delays.

As a company which is the best choice? All ZoS has to do is get PS back online and the mob will calm down, until then at least we have a place to vent even if nothing is obtained by doing so...at least we have that going for us.

Nah, its really not that hard. They did it for the Heroes Reforged event. Console players got a week longer than PC because they didn't get the update until a week after. This didn't cause problems. They can do it again.

But we didn't get a week longer, we got exactly the same amount of time as PC got. We got 2 weeks, they got 2 weeks.
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The amount of revenue that MS will make off this game on the PS platform for the entire year wont even equal the revenue MS made between 8 am and 9 am last tuesday.

Literally the same for on PC and Xbox, though. Let's not act like the other two platforms are making them bajillions of dollars where PS isn't. :D
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is what it is, and I accept it as I have no control over it. That said I lay blame at ZOS feet for this. They should have known of the issue before hand thru better testing or have some advanced warning considering last week extended maintenance. Just don’t believe this problem suddenly just occurred. Firmly believe it is something they have known about but choose to ignore hoping it would not break and just barely skate by.

Extended the event is fine but I should at least have my ESO+ extended by the 2 days that the game is going to unavailable. Could care less about TOS or their right vs. my right. Just basic goodwill on ZOS part to their customer base when be appreciated and expected. I expect the same service from anyone else or company I deal with to be made whole if the fault lays with the person or company. Just good business practice and expecting anything less from ZOS does not sit right with me. We are measures by how will deal with our failures and our response to them and not only our success. When you routinely accept failure as part business and ordinary practice then you are a dangerous course.

Personally, my patience with ESO is starting to feel like Bilbo when he said to Gandalf in Tolkien’s The Lord of the Ring “I feel all thin, sort of stretched if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread.”

We need a few homerun’s ZOS in the coming months.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
    Options
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    That they extended the event for PC and Xbox is not an issue for me. But what I don't like about it is that PC and Xbox players how get 6 to 9 more event tickets than us PS4/5 players that way. So, before the event is over, they should send all PS4/5 players a gift off 6 to 9 event tickets (in such a way that we can first make sure we have enough ticket space to collect those tickets).
    Options
  • AhSeLYaG
    AhSeLYaG
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Zos.
    After all if we have to download the entire game again as Ps players. İt will take another 24 hours for us. So please take this into considiration while deciding the extension time .

And good luck with what youre doing...
    Options
  • cougarisbae
    cougarisbae
    ✭✭
    I hope every guild trader GM learned their lesson last week and put in bids for this week.
    Options
  • Diva_Naoko
    Diva_Naoko
    ✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    That they extended the event for PC and Xbox is not an issue for me. But what I don't like about it is that PC and Xbox players how get 6 to 9 more event tickets than us PS4/5 players that way. So, before the event is over, they should send all PS4/5 players a gift off 6 to 9 event tickets (in such a way that we can first make sure we have enough ticket space to collect those tickets).

Hmm, i see the point, but what you want the tickets for? Lately i'm having problems with spending Event tickets. The Impresario holds nothing or very little I wish to buy so tickets may go to waste. Maybe if they increased the variety of items at the Impresario, that would help. Event quests are becoming boring in face of the rewards available for doing them.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted an update in the main sticky thread, but we were able to resolve the original issue and will be opening PS4 NA and EU momentarily.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted an update in the main sticky thread, but we were able to resolve the original issue and will be opening PS4 NA and EU momentarily.

is the event extension remaining?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Aliyavana wrote: »

is the event extension remaining?

Yes. We'll have more details about that later today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Diva_Naoko wrote: »
    Hmm, i see the point, but what you want the tickets for? Lately i'm having problems with spending Event tickets. The Impresario holds nothing or very little I wish to buy so tickets may go to waste. Maybe if they increased the variety of items at the Impresario, that would help. Event quests are becoming boring in face of the rewards available for doing them.

Getting the unstable pet again so I am ready for that for the next quarter evolution. I like to be ready for that in case I have to miss or play less in an upcoming event for whatever reason. Plus make sure I have a stack of tickets ready for the next event so I can quickly get the final piece for the personality evolution.
    Edited by msetten on April 6, 2021 6:41AM
    Options
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing hitching at PC as well after the recent update
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks but dang girl get some sleep :)
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

👍

Seriously, can you imagine the horrendous publicity and ill feeling it would generate if MS/Zos decided, after sooo many years, to stop PS gamers playing this on that console?! PR suicide.

And Sony would retaliate by having more exclusives. And face it, a lot of exclusives are much much better than MS/Bethesda ones......

It would be a lose/lose situation, and a foolish move.
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we now get random half second freezes and the bank prob hasnt been solved
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    we now get random half second freezes and the bank prob hasnt been solved

What? As opposed to the random half second freezes we used to get anyway?
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

can't be sure but for me started after servers opened,maybe because many ppl try to log on but it's very annoying
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    renne wrote: »

can't be sure but for me started after servers opened,maybe because many ppl try to log on but it's very annoying

I had the same problem actually, just figured it was that I changed the controller cord over, but definitely more laggy controls and item boxes (bank, stash, guild bank, etc)
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS players may want to be careful rocking that boat, lest you rock yourselves right into the ocean.

You misunderstand the dynamic entirely sir. It is not, at all, PS players who are on thin ice for their lives. There are other games to play, and most of us have the purchasing power ultimately to utilize other platforms if we absolutely had to.

Rather Zenimax would never, ever live down such behavior. It might not completely ruin them, but it would haunt them like Anthem haunts EA to pull up the ladder on PS, far more so. It would absolutely be a bludgeon for their competition for over a decade.

I’m not saying this to be ugly, but it is the truth. We need not be on eggshells nor will we about parity. Nor ashamed to demand it.
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

👍

I don't particularly care about 100 percent uptime. Anyone with a morsel of common sense knows well enough that everything needs maintenance and, thus there will be downtime — even to the point of something like what's happening now on the PS version of ESO.

What drew my attention, Thorian, was the implication that if people dare complain too much, well, they just might lose it all. Folks wouldn't put up with that if it came from any level of government — local, regional, state or federal — so they shouldn't have to quake in their boots if a corporation decides to play hardball.

Besides, I'm pretty certain Microsoft and ZeniMax both have hides thicker than a rhino's, so they are more than capable of not reacting to some negative customer feedback like an enraged teenager who's just been told they have a curfew.

You are missing the point of my post. We are not talking about people with hurt feelings because you told on them. We are talking about corporations who make business decisions. Companies don't do things out of spite, they aren't people. But if there is always tension with Sony over the game because PS players are constantly complaining about it, then MS might decide it makes better sense to pull the plug on their rivals platform rather than keep dealing with issues that come up. Remember every issue ZOS has to fix costs money. MS is not one to beat a dead horse, as i pointed out with Mixer. If it doesn't make good business sense at any time, they pull the plug and move on.

But you do you, I personally wouldn't cry wolf to Sony for every minor issue and this IS a minor issue because ZOS has been working on it from the moment it went south.
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absurd. Now that Zenimax is owned by Microsoft they, contrary to your assertions, are in fact locked to supporting PS. If they don’t, every game connected with Microsoft that launches multi platform would be in doubt - forever. ESO would be used as a verb to represent the danger, for the forseeable.

If you have overlooked this, that is understandable.

They haven’t.

Esse quam videri.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.