Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    100k hp block tank necros that can some how kill people by holding block (which you literally cannot avoid because will be in your face as you land your aoe abilities on other ppl)?

Slot a single target DoT and identify the tank rather than spamming AoE Direct Damage and finding out how you died by reading your recap. But yeah, procs and skilled gameplay can't co-exist, so never mind

Let tanks be tanks they said, but then they hated the thing that made tanks into something that mattered

And then peace finally came to Cyrodiil

You can see who the tank is by looking at his health bar.. The problem is a tank who zergs you down will relentlessly follow the zerg and get in your face, and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't really kill the tank because you risk killing yourself when he holds block with harbinger. You can't really make the tank leave either. The only option left is to run away from the fight, which you have to do anyways as there is a zerg chasing you. There is no counter play for that other than to run from the fight.

When you do that the game punishes you by locking you in combat for an ungodly amount of time :|
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can see who the tank is by looking at his health bar.. The problem is a tank who zergs you down will relentlessly follow the zerg and get in your face, and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't really kill the tank because you risk killing yourself when he holds block with harbinger. You can't really make the tank leave either. The only option left is to run away from the fight, which you have to do anyways as there is a zerg chasing you. There is no counter play for that other than to run from the fight.

Fair enough, but you can't always tell the tank from a DD in a tank meta - and there is counterplay, you have to use DoTs, DoTs cannot proc Harbinger's. I understand why you don't have many of them slotted - I've been saying for a while the best solution to a tank meta is to buff DoTs - you can't block them. Trust me, if you played in Heavy Armor in BGs during the DoT meta you would know this.

Buff DoTs, give all status effects the old Bleed effect of bypassing mitigation, and raise baseline Crit Damage a bit, maybe, and the Malacath meta is addressed. Maybe.

You can tell the tank from the DD because the tank will have to permablock for Harbinger to work. They'll also have an abnormal amount of HP before turning goliath. 60-62k HP is usually what they have in human form.

DoTs are useless because they all run the cleanse morph that returns stamina and magicka per debuff removed. At that point you're just giving them free sustain if you try to kill them with DoTs. Did i mention they can also permablock while removing your DoTs and getting sustain from doing so?

Buffing DoTs is a very very very very bad way to balance the game. We've already been through this before when DoTs were super busted. Not many classes have access to a cheap cleanse, and even if they do the amount of DoTs and debuffs you can apply far outnumber the amount of debuffs you can cleanse. The cost for casting cleanse outweighs the benefits.

Buffing damage to counter a tank meta is detrimental to the game, as tank builds that can do damage already saw no reason to invest in damage in the first place. Some of the tankiest DD builds out there can easily win a fight vs a pure DD build. By buffing damage, you're giving the tanky DD build even more killing power to finish the fight quicker.

The best solution is to attack the things that create this meta. Sets like Harbinger and Crimson shouldn't even exist in the game. Malacath shouldn't exist. Health based heals shouldn't exist in PvP. Defense should be nerfed so people have to give up damage if they want to survive, or risk dying if they're in a full dmg build.
    Edited by StaticWave on March 7, 2021 1:23AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • Siuansong
    Siuansong
    To answer some questions that have appeared throughout this thread:

What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Will the change to revert the current healing restrictions also go to console?
    Yes, though this won't occur until Update 29 launch next month.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Robes of Alteration mastery
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

For those joining us from console and didn't experience the test, seeing many questions. The first page of this thread will give the main information about what this 'no-proc' includes. hidden on the 5th page is this clarification following many of our initial questions.

I disagree with the hammer approach to ... changing cyro the next 6 months. Can't really call it a fix when you acknowledge if fixed nothing and my experience in noncp was skill lag being much worse, even outside of zerg stacks. Good news I suppose is I can unsubscribe and not pay for new chapter. no real motivation to even if I want to play pvp as I can't use any of it. Good thing Valheim is fun!

Cross heals may help the faction stacking but personally appreciate having budding seeds and orbs back as they were broken the entire time cross heals were turned off and we were never given hope of them being fixed. Personally find good and bad to the locking heals inside group. but having those two skills broken for months means I am happy that lock is gone as seems the only way it was going to get fixed was by zos accident.
    Options
  • MajorDomeShot
    MajorDomeShot
    ✭✭
    I don't think that taking out procs sets in cyrodiil is a good idea AT ALL. what you are essentially doing it taking the flavor out of cyrodiil. some sets that shouldn't be considered proc sets are on the list that are being removed (bone pirate, bright throat, necropotence among a bunch of others as well.) IMO i don't think they should be removed. (i don't think that removing any sets in cyrodiil is a good idea) forcing people to run basic stat only builds is boring.

if proc sets aren't the problem then do not remove them, as you taking the flavor and variety out of the game and that's one of the greatest aspects to this game is the creativity of making a build and combo'ing sets to make a build. everyone has access to these sets and can get them.

Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, but you can't always tell the tank from a DD in a tank meta - and there is counterplay, you have to use DoTs, DoTs cannot proc Harbinger's. I understand why you don't have many of them slotted - I've been saying for a while the best solution to a tank meta is to buff DoTs - you can't block them. Trust me, if you played in Heavy Armor in BGs during the DoT meta you would know this.

Buff DoTs, give all status effects the old Bleed effect of bypassing mitigation, and raise baseline Crit Damage a bit, maybe, and the Malacath meta is addressed. Maybe.

You can tell the tank from the DD because the tank will have to permablock for Harbinger to work. They'll also have an abnormal amount of HP before turning goliath. 60-62k HP is usually what they have in human form.

DoTs are useless because they all run the cleanse morph that returns stamina and magicka per debuff removed. At that point you're just giving them free sustain if you try to kill them with DoTs. Did i mention they can also permablock while removing your DoTs and getting sustain from doing so?

Buffing DoTs is a very very very very bad way to balance the game. We've already been through this before when DoTs were super busted. Not many classes have access to a cheap cleanse, and even if they do the amount of DoTs and debuffs you can apply far outnumber the amount of debuffs you can cleanse. The cost for casting cleanse outweighs the benefits.

Buffing damage to counter a tank meta is detrimental to the game, as tank builds that can do damage already saw no reason to invest in damage in the first place. Some of the tankiest DD builds out there can easily win a fight vs a pure DD build. By buffing damage, you're giving the tanky DD build even more killing power to finish the fight quicker.

The best solution is to attack the things that create this meta. Sets like Harbinger and Crimson shouldn't even exist in the game. Malacath shouldn't exist. Health based heals shouldn't exist in PvP. Defense should be nerfed so people have to give up damage if they want to survive, or risk dying if they're in a full dmg build.

Again, if you played in Heavy Armor in BGs during the DoT meta, you would know that DoTs are the solution to the tank meta.

We have been through this, yes. DoTs were super busted. They buffed HoTs. They nerfed DoTs. They didn't nerf HoTs. We were in a HoT meta. Offensive stat scaled heals were overpowered. Roll-dodging while healing was overpowered. They buffed procs. We're in a proc meta. HP scaled heals are overpowered. HP Regen is overpowered. Of course there's other things in the sequence there that happened regarding cast times and such that also furthered the tank meta.

That's not to say you're not right that simply reducing the build environment to 0 doesn't resolve some of these problems, just reduce it to actually 0 then. Reduce everything to plain rubedite armor and save us all the time from figuring out if 3 Trainee + 2 Endurance outperforms 2 Trainee + 3 Willpower, or whatever nonsense we have to call optimization now.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • VmAlex
    VmAlex
    Soul Shriven
    Well this changes don't improve the performance, ww and tanks in the lag that occurs are immortal. This is said by a pc players with last gen systems. Sad to see a good mmo, lead by such mediocre minds. 6y of this and still looks like a beta game.
    Options
  • oVaaper
    oVaaper
    Soul Shriven
    Proc sets still not working, is the test still live?
    Options
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    oVaaper wrote: »
    Proc sets still not working, is the test still live?

Oh boy...
    Options
  • linlilia
    linlilia
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this was inevitable. All the gear that is PVP dedicated is practically worthless and will have to keep to MAYBE be able to use at a later date................More than a dozen sets of gear have no value anymore.

The only plus side to this is bombers are no more.
    Options
  • nogunchris
    nogunchris
    Soul Shriven
    Could we add necropotence?
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Again, if you played in Heavy Armor in BGs during the DoT meta, you would know that DoTs are the solution to the tank meta.

We have been through this, yes. DoTs were super busted. They buffed HoTs. They nerfed DoTs. They didn't nerf HoTs. We were in a HoT meta. Offensive stat scaled heals were overpowered. Roll-dodging while healing was overpowered. They buffed procs. We're in a proc meta. HP scaled heals are overpowered. HP Regen is overpowered. Of course there's other things in the sequence there that happened regarding cast times and such that also furthered the tank meta.

That's not to say you're not right that simply reducing the build environment to 0 doesn't resolve some of these problems, just reduce it to actually 0 then. Reduce everything to plain rubedite armor and save us all the time from figuring out if 3 Trainee + 2 Endurance outperforms 2 Trainee + 3 Willpower, or whatever nonsense we have to call optimization now.

DoTs aren't the solution because they also screw over people who aren't in tank builds. There aren't many counterplay for DoTs either.

It's easier to balance the game when procs aren't in the equation. You'd only have to worry about class imbalance instead of all other layers of overperforming things.
    Edited by StaticWave on March 7, 2021 3:13AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing I'm disabled. I can assure you everything's working just fine!

Try this:

Assassin's Guile (3 or 4 pieces)

Legacy of Karth (3 or 4 pieces)

Stuhn's Favour (3 or 4 pieces)

and/or

New Moon Acoloyte (3 or 4 pieces)

Depending on the combination you choose, you'll have a nice amount of weapon and spell damage, a nice amount of critical chance and some penetration.

Happy to help!

I dont recommend using 4 pieces of a 5 piece set and here's why. You have 12 item slots but only 10 set buffs if you run two 5 piece sets and two 1 piece monster sets(some offer wep +spell or magic and stamina). The 4th buff is generally stronger than the first three.

If you run three sets using 4 pieces out of 5 you recieve only 9 buffs missing out on the stronger 4th set buffs.

So pick two sets from the list, and round them out with a two different monster sets or two pieces of trainee.
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoTs aren't the solution because they also screw over people who aren't in tank builds. There aren't many counterplay for DoTs either.

It's easier to balance the game when procs aren't in the equation. You'd only have to worry about class imbalance instead of all other layers of overperforming things.

Yes there is, DoT them down first. Right now it's proc them down first, so if it's DoT them down first, it's based entirely on player input and not set function, and they all scale entirely off of stats. Well, except Alchemical Poisons, which are a flat value, like procs, and which also have a percentile chance to proc, so I think we can agree those should be removed, since we can't have people getting free damage. Oh and Enchantments too - free, unscaled damage. Remove them.

Edited by Urzigurumash on March 7, 2021 3:48AM
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all DoTs are purgeable by the way
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Why did they close down the poll-threads that showed that most are against this "test" for 6 more months without double ap being removed while only keeping the biased one (where the poll options wasn't good enough) ???

That's a very good question.

It's not a good look, is it?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes there is, DoT them down first. Right now it's proc them down first, so if it's DoT them down first, it's based entirely on player input and not set function, and they all scale entirely off of stats. Well, except Alchemical Poisons, which are a flat value, like procs, and which also have a percentile chance to proc, so I think we can agree those should be removed, since we can't have people getting free damage. Oh and Enchantments too - free, unscaled damage. Remove them.

The problem with buffing dots is they screw over people who don't have access to good heals, or access to a debuff cleanse. That's like trying to counter super heals by using defile. It doesn't work because the ones with less heals are the most affected. Buffing damage isn't the answer, nerfing defense IS the answer to the problem.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with buffing dots is they screw over people who don't have access to good heals, or access to a debuff cleanse. That's like trying to counter super heals by using defile. It doesn't work because the ones with less heals are the most affected. Buffing damage isn't the answer, nerfing defense IS the answer to the problem.

I don't see how you first sentence accords with your last. But, it doesn't matter. Let's move on to practical matters.

This array of 19 sets: Any reason to keep this for a truly skill based Cyrodiil? Better just to get rid of them all yes?
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't see how you first sentence accords with your last. But, it doesn't matter. Let's move on to practical matters.

This array of 19 sets: Any reason to keep this for a truly skill based Cyrodiil? Better just to get rid of them all yes?

You proposed buffing DoTs to counter tanks. I'm saying it isn't the solution because we've already tried that, and it had a greater effect on non tanks than the actual tanks. It's the same reasoning why buffing defile will ultimately hurt people who have less heals. But if you nerf defense, then people who are already in super squishy builds aren't really affected as much since they don't have a lot of defense in the first place. The ones that stacked into defense will be easier to kill, and they'd have to invest more into damage if they want to compete against people who never had a lot of defense. Does that make sense?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You proposed buffing DoTs to counter tanks. I'm saying it isn't the solution because we've already tried that, and it had a greater effect on non tanks than the actual tanks. It's the same reasoning why buffing defile will ultimately hurt people who have less heals. But if you nerf defense, then people who are already in super squishy builds aren't really affected as much since they don't have a lot of defense in the first place. The ones that stacked into defense will be easier to kill, and they'd have to invest more into damage if they want to compete against people who never had a lot of defense. Does that make sense?

Well, on DoTs maybe you are relating the experience in the Champion environment and I am of the Battlegrounds environment. In BGs during the DoT meta it was DoT or be DoT'd. Trollking and Bloodspawn procced exactly 0 times for anybody because they were dead before they did. There was 0 reward for defense, none whatsoever. I don't think even Hexproof would've been enough to keep you alive, but I don't really remember if I tried it or not.

But sure, nerf defense. I'm all for that. Frankly at this point squabbling over minutiae in Cyrodiil seems fatuous. Just give us Coldfire Hot Oils already. We'll see how things look regarding these other matters in 2022.
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regardless of whether the design goal of limiting proc sets is a good thing for PvP gameplay or not, extending the current beta-test state of the game until Update 31 is about the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen from a software company.

Imagine if any other software company did this, unilaterally disabling a large portion of their software without any prior notification or migration path, ripping out pro subscription features that some people already paid in advance for, and leaving broken links and buttons that do nothing throughout the program.

By analogy, ZOS has:
    • Forced experimental code into their production / live service, multiple times, to load test performance, something they inexplicably don't seem to be able to simulate in a test environment, despite having access to production analytics from literally every action taken in the game.
    • Told people that the current test changes would last for a given period of time, and then failed to honor that schedule, essentially lying to their customers.
    • Made sweeping, out-of-cycle gameplay changes that undermine a core pillar of any MMO (i.e. gear) without ever directly soliciting feedback about the gameplay aspect of those specific changes.
    • Left the gameplay and rewards structure for Cyrodiil in a half-baked mess of overtuned classes and PvP sets that still drop but either never work, are never good, or only work in IC / BG despite being dropped in Cyrodiil.
    • Left players with no clear picture of which sets currently considered procs will ever be useable in Cyrodiil again.
    Edited by silvereyes on March 7, 2021 5:33AM
    Options
  • Murky_Dregs
    Murky_Dregs
    ✭✭✭
    I am giving feedback in the only form that ZOS understands:
    • Cancelling my 2.5 year-long subscription
    • Banishing any thought of pre-ordering Blackwood (and likely any thought of buying it at all since all of its content is now completely irrelevant to me)
    • No more Crown Store purchases
    • Looking for an alternative game to play for six months - and potentially longer if they extend the ban

Someone will surely say: "But you're only one player, you won't change anything" and they're probably right.

But you can only control what you can control and I can control that much.

This pvp limbo has certainly convinced me not to purchase the DLC.
    Options
  • nerfherder83
    nerfherder83
    Soul Shriven
    Can you give an update on how and when this will impact consoles?
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I am giving feedback in the only form that ZOS understands:
    • Cancelling my 2.5 year-long subscription
    • Banishing any thought of pre-ordering Blackwood (and likely any thought of buying it at all since all of its content is now completely irrelevant to me)
    • No more Crown Store purchases
    • Looking for an alternative game to play for six months - and potentially longer if they extend the ban

Someone will surely say: "But you're only one player, you won't change anything" and they're probably right.

But you can only control what you can control and I can control that much.

@YandereGirlfriend curious, what sets are more important to you than the game? Right now I mean?

I'm a build team member for a ball group. Making builds is what I do and theorycrafting (and playing the produced builds) is what I come to the game for. It is, at this point, about the only thing that I enjoy about ESO.

With the announcement yesterday, ZOS has not only Thanos-snapped out of existence many months and hundreds upon hundreds of combined hours of theorycrafting and testing done by both myself and my fellow team members, they have in the process effectively cancelled my enjoyment of the game.

Think of it like being a person who really likes puzzles and you're used to working with complex, 3-D models of something cool like the Taj Mahal or Millennium Falcon. Then some random malcontent comes over and smashes up your puzzle, takes away the pieces, and leaves you with a tiny 10-piece child's puzzle as your consolation. Yes, you can build it, yes it will work, but with the memory of what was lost you will also always resent it.

So that's that. One can try to put a brave face on it but we've been left with a tragic, dumbed-down version of Cyrodiil for at least the next half-year. Every alteration of Cyrodiil is zero-sum but in this case I, and the activities that I enjoy, got zero-summed in the Elder Scrolls lore sense of the words.

And, rather than reward them for making this decision, I'll register my displeasure with the only tools at my disposal - my continued patronage.
    Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Nidhoeggr wrote: »
    We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3.

Is there a plan to reenable some sets that don't really proc but have conditions like Bright-Throat, New Moon...? I would really like to see that because this sets don't give "free" damage or heal; however, they give way more flexibility in building our setups.

so, your saying new moon does not give free damage?

New Moon Acolyte

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) 833 Weapon and Spell Critical
    (3 items) 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (4 items) 1487 Physical and Spell Penetration
    (5 items) Adds 401 Weapon and Spell Damage. Increase the cost of your active abilities by 5%.

and you are also saying bright throat does not give free damage?

Bright-Throat's Boast
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) While you have a drink buff active, your Maximum Magicka is increased by 2000 and Magicka Recovery by 167.

That’s literally not what he means
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we were promised better communication a while ago. Why does a community manager drop this bomb on the PvP community Friday and then gives no further information?

The post are heavily modded, but there's no actual explanation on why all Cyro campaigns will stay like this for 6 months.

Just add a no-proc campaign. I really don't understand how people think taking the choice of about 400 sets away from all Cyro campaigns is a brilliant idea.

You literally just killed theory crafting for your CP PvP community and force them to go IC or... to another game.
    Options
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don t understand why sets like war maiden or Netch Touch are not on the possitive list as they don t have a proc element attached to them.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    I don t understand why sets like war maiden or Netch Touch are not on the possitive list as they don t have a proc element attached to them.

The same reason puncturing strikes was hit with a 3 sec cooldown during the aoe tests.
    [snip]
    Sets like war maiden apparently have to check if a skull you are using deals magic damage or not every time, and so it's considered a proc.
    While I can understand them including sets like these during the performance test, now that it's clearly not about that anymore, they should go ahead and read these sets.
    But alas, ZoS.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 7, 2021 1:16PM
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

I would think the proc set changes would affect console when update 29 launches on Tuesday March 16th.

Options
  • Ilbirs
    Ilbirs
    Soul Shriven
    Please crate a separate Cyrodiil campaign for the tests and let those, who like to play without proc sets, have all the joy and fun in this campaign.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.