Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it every time zos says that a test had no positive results on performance, theres always a ton of you that claim later on that they said it did, first it was aoe, then it was cross healing, now its "procs". Next itll be idk "2h weapons cause lag" or "streak causes lag"

Then theres the whole part where zos decides to keep changes that had no positive results on performance that makes it seem like they just want to kill cyrodiil anyways
    Options
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andrezs wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here

d626a6ebcc.png

Im sure all of you smart people who think this is a good change, will have no problem figuring out who these stats belong to.

What on earth is this build I want it

Most likely magsorc, domihaus + swarm mother + alfiq + willpower + trainee. Something like that. The one build for magsorc :D

Perfect example of class imbalance because of this stupid decision. Enjoy your 8k light attacks.
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    probably a driving force for ZoS is using this no proc test extension as a scapegoat to get out of PvP balancing

I feel like it is more about them not having an actual solution in sight, so perhaps they keep leading players to believe there could be a possible solution in order to buy themselves more time?... We will have been strung along for about 2 years by now with the 'we are working on it but it is hard to figure out' excuse, so it really is starting to sound like more PR posturing and damage control than anything else at this time.
    Options
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    spotzhopz wrote: »
    Why is it every time zos says that a test had no positive results on performance, theres always a ton of you that claim later on that they said it did, first it was aoe, then it was cross healing, now its "procs". Next itll be idk "2h weapons cause lag" or "streak causes lag"

Then theres the whole part where zos decides to keep changes that had no positive results on performance that makes it seem like they just want to kill cyrodiil anyways

The only aoe test that improved performance was the very first one but the game was unplayable anyway. Ofc it was better performance when they just made artificial lag via 3 second cooldown. Thats how long it takes to get skills out now. And most abilities were affected anyway. Other aoe tests lag was awful still.

I dont know if cross healing directly affected the lag but faction stacking, at least, was nowhere near as bad as it was before the test and now. Faction stack = lag. Simple. Also zergs dont die as fast anymore cos everyone can heal everyone so fights with 40 people on both sides last forever. Literally 90% of players on each faction just run together from one keep to the next. Its stupid :joy: But imo cross healing being disabled definitely improved performance. It is clear to see based on just how bad it is right now at prime time. It is completely unplayable everyday and the lag doesnt even die down until midnight. There is even noticeable lag in the day time outside of prime now... it is worse than before the test.

This is just a repeat of the cross healing. Zos listens to vocal minority. The people that didnt like the cross healing being disabled came and relentlessly complained on the forums. So zos reenables it. No one even mentioned it in game. People just played the game. Most people didnt mind it from what I could see in game. The only ones that did are here talking on the forums. I would bet that the majority of players dont even use the forums. Now minority comes to say how much they love no proc cyrodiil so zos says "oh great lets keep it that way!". I can guarantee like 100% of players didnt realise every single set apart from 18 were considered "proc sets" I mean who was going around complaining about seducer or battlefield acrobat? Not 1 person :joy:
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    1. We have been lied to. We were told this is a test for performance and submitted feedback accordingly. Not at any point have we been told that this is a "gameplay balance" test. We have been tricked!

Now you know how all the solo healers who got relentlessly ragged on for wanting to solo heal in Cyro felt when the change was done for "behavioural reasons" not because it had any significant impact on the server (something which I feel like I need to again remind folks who're once more constantly blaming cross-healing for performance impacts - ZoS said there was no significant performance difference both when turning it off AND turning it back on, you're all just looking for a scapegoat).
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now ban Volendrung for six months!
    Edited by renne on March 6, 2021 10:21PM
    Options
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrezs wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here

d626a6ebcc.png

Im sure all of you smart people who think this is a good change, will have no problem figuring out who these stats belong to.

What on earth is this build I want it

I don't know about stats, but I sees duo sorc team pretty regularly and they are absolutely brutal. Would love to know what they run but the answer to sorcs damage is pressure on them but with 1 to the side, good luck as it's hard to stay on a good sorc let alone also counter and avoid another. You better have a good partner yourself and random pugs won't be it.
    Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list of allowed sets is too limited, so it has to be expanded with more sets after rewriting code more efficiently. However, damage proc sets are a cancerous meta that needs to be shelved for good.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭

The only aoe test that improved performance was the very first one but the game was unplayable anyway. Ofc it was better performance when they just made artificial lag via 3 second cooldown. Thats how long it takes to get skills out now. And most abilities were affected anyway. Other aoe tests lag was awful still.

I dont know if cross healing directly affected the lag but faction stacking, at least, was nowhere near as bad as it was before the test and now. Faction stack = lag. Simple. Also zergs dont die as fast anymore cos everyone can heal everyone so fights with 40 people on both sides last forever. Literally 90% of players on each faction just run together from one keep to the next. Its stupid :joy: But imo cross healing being disabled definitely improved performance. It is clear to see based on just how bad it is right now at prime time. It is completely unplayable everyday and the lag doesnt even die down until midnight. There is even noticeable lag in the day time outside of prime now... it is worse than before the test.

This is just a repeat of the cross healing. Zos listens to vocal minority. The people that didnt like the cross healing being disabled came and relentlessly complained on the forums. So zos reenables it. No one even mentioned it in game. People just played the game. Most people didnt mind it from what I could see in game. The only ones that did are here talking on the forums. I would bet that the majority of players dont even use the forums. Now minority comes to say how much they love no proc cyrodiil so zos says "oh great lets keep it that way!". I can guarantee like 100% of players didnt realise every single set apart from 18 were considered "proc sets" I mean who was going around complaining about seducer or battlefield acrobat? Not 1 person :joy:

I play on ps4 so i havent been part of the tests, i just started usinng the forums recently to keep an eye on the pts notes and know whats coming. This is just dumb though. Everyone yelling for nerfs because they apparently cant see the aoe from crimson going off and dodge it lol, and now i have to change all my sets on 6 characters. Glad i didnt buy more character slots like i planned too. No reason to buy the expansion either
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am giving feedback in the only form that ZOS understands:
    • Cancelling my 2.5 year-long subscription
    • Banishing any thought of pre-ordering Blackwood (and likely any thought of buying it at all since all of its content is now completely irrelevant to me)
    • No more Crown Store purchases
    • Looking for an alternative game to play for six months - and potentially longer if they extend the ban

Someone will surely say: "But you're only one player, you won't change anything" and they're probably right.

But you can only control what you can control and I can control that much.

Already canceled my subscription and I've played since beta.. No point in it anymore. I already got the gear that's listed so no need for a craft bag. I may log on to play with friends once in a while but I'm already looking into other games. Maybe I will re-sub in Q3 when they figure things out. Until then no more of my $ will be going to them. I'm upset because I pre-ordered Blackwood for no reason now.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 6, 2021 10:48PM
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    100k hp block tank necros that can some how kill people by holding block (which you literally cannot avoid because will be in your face as you land your aoe abilities on other ppl)?

Slot a single target DoT and identify the tank rather than spamming AoE Direct Damage and finding out how you died by reading your recap. But yeah, procs and skilled gameplay can't co-exist, so never mind

Let tanks be tanks they said, but then they hated the thing that made tanks into something that mattered

And then peace finally came to Cyrodiil
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing I'm disabled. I can assure you everything's working just fine!

Try this:

Assassin's Guile (3 or 4 pieces)

Legacy of Karth (3 or 4 pieces)

Stuhn's Favour (3 or 4 pieces)

and/or

New Moon Acoloyte (3 or 4 pieces)

Depending on the combination you choose, you'll have a nice amount of weapon and spell damage, a nice amount of critical chance and some penetration.

Happy to help!
    Options
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

I play on ps4 so i havent been part of the tests, i just started usinng the forums recently to keep an eye on the pts notes and know whats coming. This is just dumb though. Everyone yelling for nerfs because they apparently cant see the aoe from crimson going off and dodge it lol, and now i have to change all my sets on 6 characters. Glad i didnt buy more character slots like i planned too. No reason to buy the expansion either

sad I already preordered it :cry: im stupid.

but yes I agree this is stupid. :/
    Options
  • WhyEvenTry
    WhyEvenTry
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

Why has lag truly become more apparent? It is not because stat-only produce more stress. It is not because "oh they turned cross healing back on" It goes deeper under the hood. The reality is that there is no longer any real way to punish faction stacks in this environment. Which is one of the main reasons stuff like Vicious Death got conceptualized in the first place. The vast majority of players engaging in zerg v zerg fights, are no longer -reliably- dying. Because crossheals or not, everyone is stat-based, therefore everyone has strong self-healing. Because one's main source for self-healing has always been raw stat. Raw stat homogeny, no procs to add dmg pressure, no vicious death for the zerg on zerg fights. This has produced a bland and painful Cyrodiil as the server stresses trying to make the gears turn and everyone is faction stacked and just mindlessly zerging all while chanting "omg this is so skill, no more carried proc sets, the people we zerg down die hurhurrrrr skill."

Cross healing outside of group encourages faction stacking, it adds more calculations and causes more lag.

Disable cross healing please :smile:

Options
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    • Banishing any thought of pre-ordering Blackwood (and likely any thought of buying it at all since all of its content is now completely irrelevant to me)
    • Looking for an alternative game to play for six months - and potentially longer if they extend the ban

Someone will surely say: "But you're only one player, you won't change anything" and they're probably right.

Already canceled my subscription and I've played since beta.. No point in it anymore. I already got the gear that's listed so no need for a craft bag. I may log on to play with friends once in a while but I'm already looking into other games. Maybe I will re-sub in Q3 when they figure things out. Until then no more of my $ will be going to them. I'm upset because I pre-ordered Blackwood for no reason now.

Ill miss your videos. I hope you still make some content during this break
    Options
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    I also was a paying customer for many years and idk how much money I've spent on it. To get my posts deleted now for speaking out my opinion about killing pvp and thus the only content I play in ESO.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least reapply (revert?) the healing changes from U28.

It has absolutely killed performance, and with no double AP Cyrodiil is now going to be empty for 6 months.
    Options
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I personally have preferred the no-proc test but I'm sorry if my opinion made ZOS keep them disabled for all campaigns for the next six months.

There's something wrong in the development of this game. Stuff just happens instead of getting planned. A minor change takes months. Balancing is based on breaking other stuff. Dunno my mans, weird things.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faded wrote: »
    Lord_Zele wrote: »
    Faded wrote: »
    Lord_Zele wrote: »
    Suggestions
    • Remove Cross-Healing.
    From what I've seen, it was a huge performance boost when it was disabled. I remember there being a boost to performance outside of Prime Time Greyhost. Overall, this was a good change. Why re-enable it when the Tests are to boost Cyrodiil performance?

I'm surprised to see you advocating for different rulesets for players in the same fight. Unless you're asking to not be allowed to heal or be healed by your boys? Or for grouping itself to be disabled? Self-heals only for everybody, 600 armies of one.

They had it previously disabled. It's not "600 Armies of One." Keep group healing but disable Cross-Healing. They removed Cross-Healing before cause they stated that it had an impact on Performance. What else do you want? That's ignorant to state it as "600 Armies of One if that was the case and that's not something I'd say lol. I'm talking about Cross-Healing Specifically. Keep the group heals, it'd be really bad to take those away.

Yeah they did, I was there. It didn't improve performance. Even they don't think it improved performance.

I want nothing, I'm sincerely surprised to see you ask for an extra advantage in PVP. Which is what you get when your merry band gets to keep healing and buffing each other (it'd be really bad to take those away) and the people you're fighting do not.

Everybody can heal and buff allies, or nobody. That's a level playing field.

[Extra snark redacted, I give up.]

I mean it's easy to tell the performance is worse during this test than the weeks before it. Cross-Healing has more of an impact than the sets.

Which means they are purposely giving us worse performance from here on.
    Yes, performance still wasn't good, but it was better than it is right now.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill miss your videos. I hope you still make some content during this break

Thanks man, I'll still play but nearly as often specially since there is no need to farm sets and try stuff out anymore.
    Options
  • SavageTSC
    SavageTSC
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can someone please confirm if this change affects console as well?
    The test was only done on PC and the update comment #652 only mentions PC, so it's unclear if console players should expect this change. I read through comments since the updated info was posted, but didn't find anything.
    Options
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Hey,

Here's another GREAT idea from yours truly 7 year veteran...

CLASSIC ESO CP
    A new instance where procs are not active.

CLASSIC NON- CP
    A new instance where procs are not active.

REGULAR CP
    instances with procs active

REGULAR NON-CP
    instances with procs active

This way anyone that doesn't like procs, can que for CLASSIC.
    Everyone that likes procs can still have the REGULAR campaigns.

Much like CP and no CP campaigns.

-ENJOY!

Edited by eternalshockcable on March 7, 2021 12:11AM
    Options
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anybody confirm if Might Chudan and Slimecraw are usable? They should work since there is no proc condition.
    Options
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm if Might Chudan and Slimecraw are usable? They should work since there is no proc condition.

Game counts them as proc sets so no.
    Options
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlaviusPK wrote: »

Ah ok
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100k hp block tank necros that can some how kill people by holding block (which you literally cannot avoid because will be in your face as you land your aoe abilities on other ppl)?

Slot a single target DoT and identify the tank rather than spamming AoE Direct Damage and finding out how you died by reading your recap. But yeah, procs and skilled gameplay can't co-exist, so never mind

Let tanks be tanks they said, but then they hated the thing that made tanks into something that mattered

And then peace finally came to Cyrodiil

You can see who the tank is by looking at his health bar.. The problem is a tank who zergs you down will relentlessly follow the zerg and get in your face, and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't really kill the tank because you risk killing yourself when he holds block with harbinger. You can't really make the tank leave either. The only option left is to run away from the fight, which you have to do anyways as there is a zerg chasing you. There is no counter play for that other than to run from the fight.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [.
    FlaviusPK wrote: »

Ah ok

i asked the same thing.
    i was shocked when told that even chudan is a proc.
    Options
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

The feedback you received is suspect -

A: The increase in population is likely more related to the double AP
    B: The player base providing feedback via the forums is not the same people as the majority of the Cyro PVP population. You would know this if any of the developers wanted to hear directly from the group PVP playerbase they would try to seek out these guilds that have played in Cyro for many years.

You decided to beta test late last year in Cyro which cost the community a number of active PVP guilds. It is our conclusion based on your behavior over the last 6-9 months that you are actively trying to re-adjust the Cyro PVP to be more like battlegrounds. I can assure you that this will further remove the competitive and map oriented play to all but disappear.

You are now at a point where the numbers of people that are willing to Pay for content that play in Cyro PVP primarily will not really see the value in the DLC and Expansion content...

Are you really sure you want to go down this path?
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see who the tank is by looking at his health bar.. The problem is a tank who zergs you down will relentlessly follow the zerg and get in your face, and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't really kill the tank because you risk killing yourself when he holds block with harbinger. You can't really make the tank leave either. The only option left is to run away from the fight, which you have to do anyways as there is a zerg chasing you. There is no counter play for that other than to run from the fight.

Fair enough, but you can't always tell the tank from a DD in a tank meta - and there is counterplay, you have to use DoTs, DoTs cannot proc Harbinger's. I understand why you don't have many of them slotted - I've been saying for a while the best solution to a tank meta is to buff DoTs - you can't block them. Trust me, if you played in Heavy Armor in BGs during the DoT meta you would know this.

Buff DoTs, give all status effects the old Bleed effect of bypassing mitigation, and raise baseline Crit Damage a bit, maybe, and the Malacath meta is addressed. Maybe.

Edited by Urzigurumash on March 7, 2021 12:34AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    So what does this mean for proc sets such as vicious death which are only functional in cyrodil or pvp in general.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.