The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crash to desktop

• Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreneBene wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »

Question for everyone here: Is anyone(who has frequent crashes) using Time Stop or it's morphs, or was near someone using it when crashing? (this might help ZOS to narrow down a crash) This is only a visual guess about what could have caused the crash for me.
    Crashes for me have been random, except the one in Dragonhold one where I crash religiously at the same place (hence being unable to finish the quest :( ). Never used Time Stop or any of the morphs. I do use Race Against Time in Cyrodiil where I've crashed more than a few times.

Same! I can't finish Dragonhold "New Moon Rising" quest. Last boss unkillable and i crashed 15 times between fights with mobs. I really love Abnur Tharn daddy :D and i must finish this story on my new toon. Properly. ZOS, FIX THIS QUEST ASAP. Maintenance soon. I really hope that you'll fix it.
    PS4 NA
  • Cameron_Vayle
    Cameron_Vayle
    ✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Its been week after the they failed "fix" and ZoS has not even bothered to acknowledge these ongoing problems.

In all honesty it seems to be getting worse. While I do not have issues my wife using the same setup that I have and the same connection has the crash issues a lot. Wish they would fix it as it is getting REAL OLD.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things will clear up some after they reboot servers during maintenance on the 23rd, but the improvements will only last a couple days, until the weekend, when the population load will bring all the issues back.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno update please. Last update was December 1, twenty one days ago where you said
    Hey all, we just posted an update here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/554727/update-on-next-incremental-patch

We are currently targeting December 7 for the next PC patch and December 9 for consoles. This will include a number of crash fixes.

Crashes are still happening. Will tomorrow's maintenance provide any fix? If not when's the next fix attempt?

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify real quick: the maintenances tomorrow are server reboots and will not include any updates or patches. The next incremental patch will be in January, but we don't have the exact timing yet.
    Staff Post
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify real quick: the maintenances tomorrow are server reboots and will not include any updates or patches. The next incremental patch will be in January, but we don't have the exact timing yet.

Holy moly some information!!

Does the January patch include fix for Werewolf skill point issue? :o?

@ZOS_SarahHecker
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update. Here's hoping for timely updates and quick resolutions in the future.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker Ty for update! Can we by any chance get information about the kinds of crashes you work on fixing?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How the bug with the inventory resetting to the top of the All tab every time was allowed to last one single day is completely beyond me, to say nothing of the other high-priority issues that are not being addressed in a timely fashion.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang lair Lich Boss still bugged 2 different groups 2 people from each group crashed

vSS HM random people still crash almost every instance

Crash 20 times over an hour in cyrodiil even after disabling addons.

Doing anything still crashes.

You would figure this would be priority #1 after 4 months or more of this happening.

:disappointed:
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on December 23, 2020 7:30AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang lair Lich Boss still bugged 2 different groups 2 people from each group crashed

Can confirm I crashed on it too yesterday, and it was the special lich boss crash, where screen freezes... And you can't even alt tab. Yey.
  • Radka
    Radka
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Can confirm I crashed on it too yesterday, and it was the special lich boss crash, where screen freezes... And you can't even alt tab. Yey.

we did vet fang lair last night and managed to kill lich boss without anyone crashing, guess its also about luck, but I crashed several times in unhallowed grave
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashes are still happening very frequently: yesterday (22nd of December) we had 7 crashes from 3 different people in a veteran Asylum Sanctorium trial. How can we even have progression runs, or just plain enjoy a trial, if these issues keep happening? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_SarahHecker
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vSCP HM yesterday. Every single group member had crash after crash.
  • Soresina
    Soresina
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashing every time i try to the dragonhold quest final. And the latest time was straight after the latest patch (few mins ago) so that has not been addressed yet.
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed to desktop while opening a crown crate...
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Same this is horrible crashes 3 times in hour in cyro, so I missed all the fun and what's maders :( I've checked driver, everything on my side and anyway in cyro I always disable all add-on by default
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enough is enough. Fix the crash to desktop or pay up!

5 cold fire sieges x 30k = Zeni owes me 150k gold

[updates]
    You owe me 6 cold fire sieges now Zeni!!!!
    Edited by vamp_emily on December 25, 2020 1:43PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Coni
    Coni
    ✭✭
    Cannot even get game to launch since buying Greymoor! Launcher gives me 'Play' button, when I hit Play I get either endless black screen or nothing at all. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers etc and my support ticket has been suggesting all sorts of nonsensical 'solutions' for what seems like forever.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you call it when it crashes to the Report Screen every time you exit the game? LOL
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    A guildmate crashed 6x during vMF HM

PC EU
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreneBene wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »

Question for everyone here: Is anyone(who has frequent crashes) using Time Stop or it's morphs, or was near someone using it when crashing? (this might help ZOS to narrow down a crash) This is only a visual guess about what could have caused the crash for me.
    Crashes for me have been random, except the one in Dragonhold one where I crash religiously at the same place (hence being unable to finish the quest :( ). Never used Time Stop or any of the morphs. I do use Race Against Time in Cyrodiil where I've crashed more than a few times.

Same! I can't finish Dragonhold "New Moon Rising" quest. Last boss unkillable and i crashed 15 times between fights with mobs. I really love Abnur Tharn daddy :D and i must finish this story on my new toon. Properly. ZOS, FIX THIS QUEST ASAP. Maintenance soon. I really hope that you'll fix it.
    PS4 NA

Adding to the list of bugs, I also keep crashing during the New moon rising quest but on Xbox One. This is a very big issue that needs immediate attention!
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crashing is spreading faster than COVID! It's horrible again today. I got 5 disconnects in 15 minutes and finally gave up. What ever you do don't ride up to a keep/castle/fort in cyrodiil if anyone is fighting. It's practically guaranteed to cause you to disconnect.

Even getting massive lag spikes and lag at 7am EST on weekdays.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on December 30, 2020 9:33PM
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were gear running nCR+0 last night and two people kept disconnecting after each boss fight, we weren't even using ice staves! I was lucky enough not to be affected but this put a serious damper on our enjoyment, especially as one was a tank and he'd always crash mid fight.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crashes to report.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA multiple crashes from 4 different players during Asylum Sanctorium today, run had to be abandoned. Please let us know if the crash issues are still being investigated @ZOS_GinaBruno :pensive:
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had crashes to desktop for multiple people in my guild's Trial runs last night. Healers/DPS/Tanks in vSO & vAA

Thankfully nobody crashed during the last boss in vAA HM.

Edit: This being PC/NA
    Edited by meekmiko on December 31, 2020 7:16AM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Intha1313
    Intha1313
    ✭✭✭
    Tank crashed twice on end fight SS, had to redo. Random people in pledges and trials just vanishing for no reason. I've crashed twice again today after 999 lag ...... meh, it's getting to a point of not caring to log in or renew sub.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console here. Last one to two added to every trial crashes. Our guild has a running joke. When we X up, the raid lead announces "Last person in gets a free crash." Sad but true.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok. I've crashed total 6 times this year, all after The Reach dropped.
    2 times harrowstorms (in The Reach)
    1 times while crafting at Vivec city
    after that no stability problems until,
    Today 3 times when trying to finish the New Moon Rising at the floating island.
    - 1nd when encountering the first green mobs.
    - 2nd after doing all 3 focal points and talked to Tharn while walking to next objective.
    - 3rd while fighting the 1st focal point
    I'll give up finishing this until this fixed. Hopefully before 2022.