The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crash to desktop

• AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been in Blackrose for 5 minutes crashed twice thanks ZOS you have reminded me a lot this past month why I quit playing for four years
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4- Two CTD in less than 15 minutes. Once at a Harrowstorm where a whopping 3 of us were fighting, and again on the character select screen trying to log back in. Apparently we get a patch in two days. PC and Xbox got theirs already, and they fixed little to no issues, so no hopes here. Also Xbox only got the patch already due to incompetence.
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashing after the hotfix today.
    How is that still not fixed?

Eso plus should be for free at the moment,
    change my mind.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    So crashed twice in the span of 5 mins in vet Blackheart today with no error code given, on top of that, I then crashed another time in Wayrest Sewers 2 given Error 318 "Hit Message Rate Limit" yet I was not even typing anything as I was in the middle of a boss fight :/
    PC EU
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MotokoHutt wrote: »
    I then crashed another time in Wayrest Sewers 2 given Error 318 "Hit Message Rate Limit" yet I was not even typing anything as I was in the middle of a boss fight :/

Thats a new boss attack, you have to dodge it.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCP hardmode.. Still crashes someone almost every pull. Not fixed.
  • Aetnaria
    Aetnaria
    ✭✭
    Still crashing. Usually in a dungeon with other people. Especially during the boss fight when lots of things are happening.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intha1313 wrote: »
    It's scary that there's been what, 2 or 3 attempts at fixing this now with no success. Everyone suddenly forgot how to do their jobs or what?

That's what I don't understand. They knew what (kinda) worked before Markarth dropped.... but instead of going back to that code they would rather create a chain of self-propagating bugs. And the more they try to fix, the more they break (inventory management broken, no refund of werewolf skill points, etc).

Regardless, it certainly doesn't create confidence. Reputation is very influential in game purchases. Players know what companies are notorious for problems, and someone who's on the fence about a purchase can easily be dissuaded by the potential for failure in service and game maintenance.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should be giving out this game for free at this point. Man, this is so bad , i am pretty sure if someone sued ZOS , they would actually win lol. I found no difference either. The only thing that i noticed was that i can actually finally morph my werewolf without losing skill points. The game still boots you out for no reason, random crashes, really weird lag spikes (and i have checked i only get them in eso).
    No wonder the content we have been getting is so unoriginal , boring and unbalanced. They spend 6 months after a new expansion, fixing the game they have broken YET AGAIN. I am really close to being done for good with ESO. I can not remember it being in a stable state like for ever. There is always this big game breaking disaster after every single big update.
    If people started losing skill points in any other mmo, they would instantly reroll the servers a couple of days back and delay the patch, but no we had to endure a whole month to wait for a patch that barely did anything.

But cooking with Gina, super cool, am i right guys?
  • Intha1313
    Intha1313
    ✭✭✭
    So 4 people I know have left and cancelled ESO+ ...... it may not seem like a lot but I've only been playing a year and my friends list is only about 11 total so that 4 IS a lot. Now look at people that have bigger friends list and see how many of their friends are leaving and you see people are unhappy. Zos need to GAF again before this game is a wasteland :/

Please actually fix this!
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed a few recent comments from this thread that were getting off-topic. Please keep all posts on this thread related to the subject matter to help prevent a derailment of the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will repost my comment then in a politically correct way. Cant even complete a trial after patch. The game seems to have several unanticipated changes to it's code lines that are causing unintentional horrific consequences elsewhere in the game and these changes are causing it to die.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moderators seem to be full of energy so maybe wake up someone at ZoS communication team.

We would like to hear more how you are going to handle this fiasco.

There has been grand total of 0 comments/info after your failed fixes. They seem to be working though.

The communication level is like watching Ostrich bury its heads into sand when something bad happened.
    Edited by Miswar on December 8, 2020 4:06PM
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    Crashed three times today. Once while teleporting to Cloudrest, twice after completing dungeons. I suppose that's something to be grateful for lol.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like yesterdays patch helped, but didn't fix the problem entirely, not even close.
  • DemonSp7
    DemonSp7
    Soul Shriven
    Still crashing during my daily writs, still crashing in Wayrest sewers 2, just crashed in cloudrest, still getting lag spikes of 5000ms until I relog. Not sure if 'submitting' these crash reports even helps. Definitely not renewing my ESO Plus. This game barely works.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed crashes - :lol:
    dont make me laugh ZOS,
    added new things to crash on - is nearer the result of this lastest patch

Harrowstorms now...
    Edited by Gythral on December 9, 2020 10:53AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Fixed crashes - :lol:
    dont make me laugh ZOS,
    added new things to crash on - is nearer the result of this lastest patch

Harrowstorms now...
    Yes, crashed in IC yesterday, first time outside of dungeons and trials. Had other crash there too.
    Healer crashed in CoA2 out of combat as I was in IC.

Hint, look back to all the performance changes you did in the reach update, and simply roll them back.
    None notice any difference outside game is now very unstable.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting fewer crashes, but still getting them, and usually it's at a critical time.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 after patch.

You trying to minimize the crash reports Sony gets by these freezes?

1st login attempt -> Screen freeze after character select
    2nd login attempt -> Game freeze and error "..no connection to server" after character select
    3rd login -> Unusually long loadtime and but finally opened....

GG ZoS
    Edited by Miswar on December 9, 2020 5:34PM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing a lot....
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    Still crashing a lot....

Yes. Tried Cyrodiil for 15min... 2 game freezes in that time and overall laggy despite having low population.
    Edited by Miswar on December 9, 2020 8:50PM
  • charmtrapb14a_ESO
    charmtrapb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I crash about every 15-20 minutes.

They suckered me out of $15, but never again.
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so tired of crashing, it's getting worse.

I was hoping all this was getting fixed, how stupid of me to believe that.

Feeling disappointed that they are not taking this more serious.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash to desktop loading / changing character.
  • Fares_B
    Fares_B
    Hello guys, I want to share my experience and solution for this problem. I play the game on PS4. And, before you continue reading, I wanna say that what is coming contains major spoilers. You’ve been warned. Now that we got this out of the way, let’s continue.

So, like you, I’m having the blue damn crash screen in the last mission of southern Elsweyr called “New Moon Rising”. After I pass Jonelight Path and get to the flying island where I have to destroy the 3 Aeonstone Focal Points and before confronting Kaalgrontiid, the crashes occurs. It starts seconds after entering the flying island. It’s the point where you wanna just throw the controller into the wall and curse the game. Well, the other potion is to just be patient. Yes, I noticed that when the crash occurs, and I get back to the game, I go back to the same point where the crash occurred. So with some patience, and multiple tries (around 20 times for me), I managed to reach Kaalgrontiid, defeated him, and finished the quest. The important thing is that you get back to the game right a way. If you wait too much time (I don’t know how much time but for me it was the next day) you will get back to Dragongaurd Sanctum and then you have to start everything over again. I know this might look silly and frustrating and for sure it takes the fun out of the game, but for now, it’s the only way to finish this part. At least this is what happened with me. Until, They find solution to this problem, I think this is the only way to pass the crash points.

I hope this can help who ever just wanna be over with this chapter. And if doesn’t work for you, please don’t blame me. It’s just my experience and what happened with me.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks, Healers, and DPS were crashing to desktop repeatedly tonight during my raid group's vMoL run.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    armor effects/animations (5th piece) still make small freezing - way smaller after clean install (atleast for me). as i play mostly solo and in dungeons i still have moments where game hangs close to ctd and i don't want to imagine how will be stability in groups; blocking/bashing is so much desinced that it is pointless to use.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 2 times today in 1 hour of PvP playtime. Its getting out of hand and it's not being fixed. Get your stuff together ZOS it's absolutely disgusting.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • MeGa84
    MeGa84
    Soul Shriven
    I cancelled my eso+ sub, zenimax refunded it to me, and uninstalled game back then.

Are those crashes fixed? as they were even recognised as pending to patch back when it happened.