The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Next Incremental Patch

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We’d like to give you an update on our plans for the next incremental patch. We recognize the most recently published patch for PC and consoles did not fix all the active game crashes you’ve been experiencing since Update 28 was released, and we’ve been hard at work identifying these crashes and working on getting them fixed.

In an effort to get this patch out to everyone as quickly as possible, we are currently targeting December 7 for the next PC patch and December 9 for consoles. This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes - including those currently being experienced in dungeons and Trials - some console-specific crash fixes, refunds for missing skill points for PC players, and a few additional fixes. Note that we do still plan to start the Undaunted Event this Thursday, December 3.

All patches are currently in certification; in the event plans change, we’ll let you know as soon as we can. We appreciate your continued patience.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno in addition to some of the the crashes is the housing permissions issue being fixed as well?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    shalalaA7X wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno in addition to some of the the crashes is the housing permissions issue being fixed as well?

Yes, that is included in the upcoming patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We’d like to give you an update on our plans for the next incremental patch. We recognize the most recently published patch for PC and consoles did not fix all the active game crashes you’ve been experiencing since Update 28 was released, and we’ve been hard at work identifying these crashes and working on getting them fixed.

In an effort to get this patch out to everyone as quickly as possible, we are currently targeting December 7 for the next PC patch and December 9 for consoles. This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes - including those currently being experienced in dungeons and Trials - some console-specific crash fixes, refunds for missing skill points for PC players, and a few additional fixes. Note that we do still plan to start the Undaunted Event this Thursday, December 3.

All patches are currently in certification; in the event plans change, we’ll let you know as soon as we can. We appreciate your continued patience.

Thank you for addressing this, unfortunately it seems alot of people do not realize we are in the middle of a pandemic where you are all working from home, which probably makes fixes and development much more of a challenge. So thank you.

Plus people, spamming "FIX IT" on every post and hurling abusive things towards the devs isn't going to help.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thank you for the update. Hopefully this fixes the problems and I can play with my friends again.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    While it's nice to see an update on this, why exactly are you still holding the Undaunted Event when there are going to be several days where a lot of people are going to be still having problems? Are you going to extend the event to make up for those days? Console players will have it even worse, since close to half the event for them will still be bugged and glitchy.

I don't understand why the event isn't just delayed until January, or another month without an event planned. Why not hold it after the patch, especially since there's every possibility whatever patch is released on the 7th won't actually fix everything it's expected to? It just seems like a better idea to delay it until after the patch, to make sure everything is working as it should. What will the plan be if problems like dungeons crashing still persist after the patch comes?

Edit to add that obviously when I say 'you' I don't mean Gina specifically, I'm talking about the devs. Just putting this out there since there's going to be at least one person otherwise going "you know Gina can't control that" or something.
    Edited by Arunei on December 1, 2020 5:10PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • cosplayerrain
    cosplayerrain
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what about the minor slayer that has to be reapplied each time someone dies in a trial? That’s a huge dps loss. Ppl have to reapply 3-6 pieces of gear. Is that being fixed?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be worth putting out an official list of which dungeons are still problematic, at the start of the Undaunted event, so people can avoid them (and also if the issue is specific to a platform or cross-platform).

Fang Lair (Caluurion) is one of them, and the lich boss (Garron the Returned) in Wayrest Sewers 2. I haven't been into any dungeons recently, so have not seen issues myself. I think one of the patches fixed the spider boss in Spindleclutch 1, but I don't know if the last boss of Banished Cells 2 is still buggy or not? etc.

A quick look at the bug reports part of the forums also lists:
    • crashes in 7th arena of DSA
    • disconnects in Cloudrest trial
    • crashes to desktop at specific bosses in several vet trials (vKA, vSS, vHoF, vAS)
    • Crypt of Hearts 1 at Dogas the Berserker boss
    • disconnects during last boss fight of vet Scalecaller Peak (shield phase)
    • Unhallowed Grave - lose all combat abilities during fight vs Voria the Heart-Thief
    • some IC Sewer sweeper boss abilities also crash Xbox users. (Might or might not be related)
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on December 1, 2020 5:59PM
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    I have not had any problem in Banished Cells 1 or 2. The ones I've had a problem with are:

Wayrest 2 Litch Boss
    Scalecaller final boss
    Fang Lair Caluurion
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    people wouldn't have spammed FIX IT if it wasn't released broken...

"This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes."

Nothing for queue/group finder...

whatever... it is still something.
  • Nattoki
    Nattoki
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is the new patch also going to include a fix for the minor brittle bug?
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp, looks like I'll keep farming mats until after the 9th then (and I still blue screen). I do, however, take into consideration the challenges of working remote.

Lastly, I hope the team may consider extending the Undaunted Celebration as everyone will still encounter the same problems and more than likely even worst, imo.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update.

I... I can solo that FG1 for the event (if that will be necessary) ... I just want my skill point back :'(
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what about the minor slayer that has to be reapplied each time someone dies in a trial? That’s a huge dps loss. Ppl have to reapply 3-6 pieces of gear. Is that being fixed?

That was in the patch notes for the last incremental.
  • Double_Jay
    Double_Jay
    Soul Shriven
    I got ESO+ for 3 months just before the update that broke the game this much. This to be able to continue joining my vAS+2 progression group and continue doing DLC dungeon content, for equipment/sticker book and just for fun. However due to these errors/bugs, our progression group is unable to run because we're not super experienced and trying to get better, but with 1-2 crashes on average with every pull (sometimes even 3 right at the start), and the broken animations and mechanics in this trial, it's impossible for us to enjoy doing this or make any sort of progress. It's also impossible to obtain certain monster sets at this time (Thurvokun, for instance).

Last hotfix that you rolled out sooner than planned, claimed to fix the crashes, but didn't actually... in fact we've noticed more crashes since, than we had before this hotfix.

This all together leads me to conclude:
    I'm not able to reasonably access the content I'm paying for, some of the content I'm actually not able to access at all at this time.
    Just the poor state of the game is making it no fun to play, at this point I only really log on to do dailies and things organised by my guild. Not even Cyrodiil is fun to play, because of how laggy it still is... not that I would have bought ESO+ to be able to play this.
    I don't think me not being able to access certain content due to crashes, or me not wanting to play and make use of my subscription, is my fault in any way.

Am I going to get an extension of my subscription based on how long it took you from the point of breaking the game to the point of fixing the game? Or at least half of that time or something?? Any sort of reimbursement really...

I realise that you're all also dealing with difficulties because of the pandemic and maybe the game is really this difficult to fix, but you're supposed to have patches tested by professionals before you push them out, this isn't some indie game, only PTS does not count as properly testing... :disappointed:

I really hope you manage to redeem yourself somehow, because at this point I don't think I want to spend another penny on your game ever again, and I'm assuming you don't want people to feel that way. You have no idea how much I regret getting this last subscription and I really feel like you've done me, and everyone else playing this game, wrong. It's not just that you have one accidental bad patch, this isn't the first time. Even so: accidents can happen, and can be overlooked, but also just the lack of communication and lying that something is going to be fixed, which then doesn't happen, makes it even worse....

Sorry if this comes across as offensive or rude, but I was really invested in this game. I used to play PvP, but I've basically already been forced out of Cyrodiil and now PvE is broken too... It's just really frustrating and I'm trying to hold back, but I don't know if I succeeded enough in that.
    Edited by Double_Jay on December 1, 2020 7:21PM
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Thanks for the update!
    Hopefully the Dec 9 console patch will fix the blue screens and freezes I am experiencing since Markarth release.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for 4 people currently after they crashed in an instance, wonder if it will be an actual end to this or we can put the game aside for some months again.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh great, I've just DCed like many other PS4 EU players.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for addressing this, unfortunately it seems alot of people do not realize we are in the middle of a pandemic where you are all working from home, which probably makes fixes and development much more of a challenge. So thank you.

As a developer who works from home full-time, location should not effect your ability to push out quality assured fixes and updates.
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on December 1, 2020 9:30PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @ZOS_GinaBruno, and I have a two-part suggestion to please pass along:

1. Give event tickets, etc. for Bolgrul quests as well as for dungeon completion.
    2. Whether or not you do #1, please ensure that the game can handle greatly increased traffic to Bolgrul-quest delves.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on December 1, 2020 10:40PM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pearly wrote: »

That was in the patch notes for the last incremental.

It hasn't been fixed on console.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you confirm if this includes fixes for FL, WR2 and SCP?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for flaming, baiting, bashing, advertising, and spam, all being against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment and action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Shokti
    Shokti
    ✭✭
    The game, and ZOS' lack of response to the issues in this last patch (and the patches before for as long as I can remember), is honestly pathetic. I love this game....but why would I want to continue playing it in the current state? It isn't fun. It's frustrating...It doesn't work properly .... what's worse is you won't even acknowledge the true scope of the issue.

I have never seen my ESO discords with this many people playing other games....I've never seen raiding guilds have so much trouble filling rosters. People are sick of this mess. You are losing people every day... I suspect you know this.

Ignoring your community and pretending the problem isn't there is only making this worse. This whole thing just makes me sad.
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shokti wrote: »
    The game, and ZOS' lack of response to the issues in this last patch (and the patches before for as long as I can remember), is honestly pathetic. I love this game....but why would I want to continue playing it in the current state? It isn't fun. It's frustrating...It doesn't work properly .... what's worse is you won't even acknowledge the true scope of the issue.

I have never seen my ESO discords with this many people playing other games....I've never seen raiding guilds have so much trouble filling rosters. People are sick of this mess. You are losing people every day... I suspect you know this.

Ignoring your community and pretending the problem isn't there is only making this worse. This whole thing just makes me sad.

joyho shokti. i agree!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I don't understand why the event isn't just delayed until January, or another month without an event planned. Why not hold it after the patch, especially since there's every possibility whatever patch is released on the 7th won't actually fix everything it's expected to? It just seems like a better idea to delay it until after the patch, to make sure everything is working as it should. What will the plan be if problems like dungeons crashing still persist after the patch comes?

Well, folks that keep crashing in dungeons can always buy those Opal style pages at inflated six or seven figure prices from guild traders when/if the game is fixed and they can finally stay in the game long enough. Shame about the inevitable lost event tickets, though. At least they can be bought in the crown store for those who want to finish their Indrik collections.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • markhalliday8
    markhalliday8
    ✭✭✭
    So are you going to give us an update on the PvP fixes?
    The constant lag, crashes, 999 ping, proc sets and certain classes being useless?
    About the healers you destroyed?

Are PvP players forgotten about once again?
  • soulferin
    soulferin
    ✭✭✭
    The constant lag, crashes, 999 ping, proc sets and certain classes being useless?

At best we can count on next big update to be a little bit for pvp ;p

• LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes - including those currently being experienced in dungeons and Trials - some console-specific crash fixes, refunds for missing skill points for PC players, and a few additional fixes.

Can we interpret that there won't be fixes for PvP this round?
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • markhalliday8
    markhalliday8
    ✭✭✭
    soulferin wrote: »

At best we can count on next big update to be a little bit for pvp ;p

What next update? Have they released what its going to be?
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for the apology about the service people pay for not working. Really appreciate that. Thanks for getting the fix to your paying customers in a timely fashion too right before a event that has people doing content that is broken. You guys are killing it!
This discussion has been closed.