The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shadowfen quests.

• Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the quest Eyes of the Enemy is part of the main Shadowfen storyline but it is not necessary to progress and becomes inaccessible if it is skipped.

I and, I can only surmise, many others skipped it inadvertently by just exploring and doing quests we came across. This isn't (known to be) a problem in any zone in the game except Shadowfen.

As @Aenthel‌ has corroborated, a fix is on the way. However, we don't have an ETA.
    It's more than just that one quest. If you only fix that one quest most people will still be foobar'd. The requirement of 62 for the achievement MUST be lowered! It is the only way most of us can possibly get it, because there are other missable quests as well, and no way to rewind time and do them. Just read through the many threads on this and you will see.

"Unwelcome Guests" also needs fixing and doesn't complete properly.

If there's an incomplete patch for Shadowfen there is going to be a LOT of rage going on!

Thanks for a response however. Just PLEASE fix it sufficiently so we can all get our achievements.
    Options
  • oryan2
    oryan2
    I did it!! 62/62. For me it was "The Swamp's Embrace" Inside of Loriasel and to the right! The entrance is kind of hidden but someone posted a pic on page 8 of this feed.
    Edited by oryan2 on April 22, 2014 8:10AM
    Options
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    i'm at 60/62 ... i don't remember a Lute quest ... can you tell me where to find it ? thanks.
    Options
  • oryan2
    oryan2
    Daendur wrote: »
    i'm at 60/62 ... i don't remember a Lute quest ... can you tell me where to find it ? thanks.

I highly suggest doing a youtube search for "6 missing quests of Shadowfen" and making sure you have all of those. If you do, I would suggest going to Loriasel. Once there, find a door and go in then head in a bit and to the right. Hope that helps.

Edited by oryan2 on April 22, 2014 8:41AM
    Options
  • neveroutgunnedb16_ESO
    Checking in as one of the 61/62 quest completed people. Checked every quest in this thread no luck. I still have Mercenaries and believe missed the pirate breadcrumb quest or something. Left Shadowfen at 36 so I am one of those check every nook and cranny of a zone type of players.
    Options
  • A0rx
    A0rx
    ✭✭
    Edited by A0rx on April 22, 2014 1:56PM
    Options
  • jibsjones
    jibsjones
    59/62 Same problem as everyone else, I have beat and collected everything else in all of ebonheart pact. Please fix!
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A0rx wrote: »

This one is very easy to obtain. Once you defeat Vox in far northeast Deshaan, go to the bridge on the northwest outskirts of Mournhold. The quest giver will be waiting for you there. Of course, it is possible this quest will not spawn if you have completed the Stormhold murder quests.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 22, 2014 2:17PM
    Options
  • Elwaer
    Elwaer
    Yeah, I think Onward to Shadowfen might be the one I'm missing. I don't think I ever got that before going to Shadowfen. To be honest though, the northwest of Mournhold seems like a strange place to put that quest when Shadowfen is to the south.
    Options
  • A0rx
    A0rx
    ✭✭
    Elwaer wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Onward to Shadowfen might be the one I'm missing. I don't think I ever got that before going to Shadowfen. To be honest though, the northwest of Mournhold seems like a strange place to put that quest when Shadowfen is to the south.

I miss that quest, i go to shadowfen with only guild quests(mage and fighters)
    Options
  • Viqueenie
    Viqueenie
    I'm stuck at 61/62... and I've just finished the group dungeon for the zone. I've encountered no other quests after spending the entire day looking and riding about. All the quests that are mentioned in this thread, I know I've done... so personally, I think putting the number of required quests for the achivement to 58 and not 62 would be perfect. That or a way to check each and every quest for that zone I have done with an ingame list... and fix the ones that are bugged.
    Options
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We have a new forum feature that allows you to jump between staff posts, as well as an icon that appears on threads with staff posts. The latter isn't retroactive yet, unless a staff member posts in a thread - which is the purpose of this post.

There have been several threads on this topic, and we want everyone to know that we are aware of the concerns, and have escalated this to the appropriate people.
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on April 22, 2014 9:04PM
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    We have a new forum feature that allows you to jump between staff posts, as well as an icon that appears on threads with staff posts. The latter isn't retroactive yet, unless a staff member posts in a thread - which is the purpose of this post.

There have been several threads on this topic, and we want everyone to know that we are aware of the concerns, and have escalated this to the appropriate people.

Thanks for reassurence, let's just wait then.. Not too long though please ;]
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »

Can you folks push that through to the mobile site? And post reporting please. Your game is a memory pig so I use my phone for forums :(
    Options
  • SFtoBoston
    I went to "Ganthis" to get the quest "Onward to Shadowfen" and he says "I am here to request your assistance" but the quest dialogue ends there. I believe this is because I already completed the quest after this trigger quest. So, I am now stuck at 61/62 until this is fixed.
    Options
  • schnerrzy
    schnerrzy
    Found my last quest in Loriasel. I must have used persuade and skipped a side, thanks so much for the comments. I was going to go insane. Anyone with persuade/intimidate go check out the ruins again.
    Options
  • sonsyshaw
    sonsyshaw
    Soul Shriven
    schnerrzy wrote: »
    Found my last quest in Loriasel. I must have used persuade and skipped a side, thanks so much for the comments. I was going to go insane. Anyone with persuade/intimidate go check out the ruins again.

What is the last quest you found ?
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did both in Loriasel. I saw markers and beelined. Im a completionist quest hog.

Course Ill have to check for that one "Onward to Shadowfen" tomorrow.
    Options
  • A0rx
    A0rx
    ✭✭
    You can't pick up "Onward to Sadowfen" if you already finish quest line.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fork.

Then yeah, one short.
    Options
  • leetscolinb16_ESO
    SFtoBoston wrote: »
    I went to "Ganthis" to get the quest "Onward to Shadowfen" and he says "I am here to request your assistance" but the quest dialogue ends there. I believe this is because I already completed the quest after this trigger quest. So, I am now stuck at 61/62 until this is fixed.

Strange, I am at 62/62 and I get the same. I'm fairly sure I have not done this breadcrumb quest.

Pity I can't confirm that.

Options
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    I did "Onward to Shadowfen", as well as every hard-to-find quest mentioned in these threads. And even with the group dungeon done as well I am stuck at 60/62. I've already detailed several missable quests, and it's not a matter of hard-to-find quests; it's a matter of once you've skipped them, there ain't no going back, and no finishing this zone until they lower the achievement requirement from 62 quests to 58, which will make it possible even if you miss all missable quests.
    Options
  • A0rx
    A0rx
    ✭✭
    @Sadae Double chek all dungeons. I'm sure that 4 of them got 1 quest and Public dungeon got 2 quests.
    Options
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    A0rx wrote: »
    @Sadae Double chek all dungeons. I'm sure that 4 of them got 1 quest and Public dungeon got 2 quests.
    First off, the public dungeon quests don't count toward the achievement count. (Although the group dungeon will.) I've done them all anyway.

I've checked my screenshots against all 64 quests for this zone. As I detailed in my thread "Shadowfen: The missing quests", and in this thread elsewhere, I have screenshots to confirm I've done every quest there is except the missable ones that are impossible to do once they've been skipped. (These are quests that are meant to introduce you to a new area, but if you wander into the area before getting the quest for it you can pick up the main quest for the area, having never done the introductory quest.)

As many others and myself keep pointing out, it's POSSIBLE to get 62 if you happened to get enough missable ones without starting at the second step. But if you miss enough of them, it becomes impossible to get 62.
    Options
  • blahblahblahblah
    I did receive this from support:

"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. We use a magical system to file and route the scrolls that travelers and adventurers send us. It appears Sheogorath decided to cast a 'solved' incantation on your request for his amusement. I see that you are adventuring in Shadowfen and have encountered a mudcrab hole in your travels I have found a scroll in my library that may help you.

-- I only have 61/62 quests in Shadowfen! I can't find my missing quest!
    -- If you have completed "Getting to the Truth" please go to the Loriasel Wayshrine" and see if you can find your missing quest there. If you have already completed "Trail of the Skin-Stealer" please respond to this scroll for further aid.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support!"

This did not solve the issue for me but perhaps it will help someone else.

In addition, when I tried to respond to this email, I received the message "Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 Service unavailable" so my message was basically returned.
    Options
  • xaboo68
    xaboo68
    same here 60/62 fix it plz
    Options
  • jibsjones
    jibsjones
    The guy on page 8 saved me, his map he drew up plus a youtube search for the 6 missing quests in shadowfen got me my last 4 !!
    Options
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    After searching every road, shrine, area of the map inside and outside, every dungeon, Deeshan and thread on this forum I got to 61, MY OCD DEMANDS COMPLETION...I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT HELP ZENIMAX
    Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
    Options
  • jibsjones
    jibsjones
    After searching every road, shrine, area of the map inside and outside, every dungeon, Deeshan and thread on this forum I got to 61, MY OCD DEMANDS COMPLETION...I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT HELP ZENIMAX

I have OCD too man, seriously check page 8 for buddies map and check the youtube video 6 missings quests in shadowfen I got completion after searching myself for days in 30 minutes

Options
  • khepra
    khepra
    My partner and I both had 60/62 and like others went back and found the Lute quest on the road and the Deep Grave quest that apparently doesn't open up immediately (for whatever reason).

Also, for the catch the lightning quest where they couldn't find the mage to turn into the quest marker is bugged. I'm guessing if you don't use persuade/intimidate he is supposed to appear where the mark indicates but if you use persuade/intimidate he is back where you initially found him.
    Options