Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowfen quests.

• Brettoel
    Brettoel
    ✭✭✭
    I am also stuck at 61/62 quests.

now before some one says do the '' hidden '' ones, i have already done them before i was even concerned about missing quests, i also did the dungeon and DID get credit for it, the Loriasel 2 interoir side quests? YEs done and done.

so only thing i can see is if a quest i have completed long ago i did not get contribution for.

i have been looking around shadowfen for 2 days now and still have yet to find my missing quest, i checked all public dungeons aswell,

How ever i did come across a certain area Hei- Halali and the area was unfimiliar to me even though i have discovered the point of intrest before, upon further close exploration , i noticed the place had camp sites and enough assets in it to seem like a likely place for NPCs to exist, also there was a cave, and i thought hey this could be a Questy place, i looked and looked and didnt find anything there either.

so with being stuck at 61 i can Confirm atleast 61 quests that are do-able

now i am noticing others who did 62/62 so the soltion to all our problems can be:

1: Provide us a list of the quests AND give us the ability to view which quests we have already completed ( sort of a summary , just a check mark beside the quest name would do)

2: for the sake of the achievement reduce the 62 to 60 or 61 , but considering people having problems even at 58 ish. it shouldnt be hard at all to change this one value.

3: add more than 62 quests at landmark points ( Not off the road in the swamp like that damn imperial slave) (prefferebly in town area so if others go back to hunt for it after the patch they wont have to waste time traveling all the roads to find them)
    this way 62/62 will remain while there are just more enough to make sure everyone gets it.

with this said i am getting out of this blasted swamp and into the snow , where i can fight more intresting things and not get engaged by crocs and giant wasps while being on a ghost hunt...ofc i will keep looking here for any updates regarding the matter.

i would much preffer #1 though but 2 is fine too, 3 would be fantastic but that is highly unlikely to happen
  • sunabe
    sunabe
    I e-mailed that i was stuck at 60/62 and after their response to explore more i did and low and behold I found 2 more(vigil's end and Catching lightning) my quest tracker however said I only had 61/62 quest so I e-mailed again and got this not helpfull answer
    It is unfortunate that you are having trouble with your achievements. It seams to me that you should continue to explore and be patent. You will find the quest's in time.

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team if you continue to have this issue or have any other problems or questions, feel free to e-mail back and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

So why did my quest tracker didn't show 1 of those last 2 quests.
    I didn't complete onto ward shadowfen as i accidently deleted it and couldn't find the quest giver. now I know where he is but he won't give me the quest.
  • IceDragon79
    IceDragon79
    ✭✭
    I've been at them for a while now about this and here is the latest response:
    There are many quests that can be missed out on completely due to a link with another quest, in shadowfen for example if you complete 'Saving The Relics' the NPC Gerent Saervild Steel-Wind is killed therefore he cannot give you the quest 'bound to the bog'
    The listed 62 quests for the achievement is not necessarily the total amount of quests in the area you should still be able to acquire this achievement even with the missed quests please keep searching.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us again.

I've scoured the swamps so many times and still I cant find that 62 quest, and from all the suggestions here without an official list of what quests there are done I would have to say I've done all of them and were still 1 short. Oh yeah. and when I try to reply to this support email my reply is getting bounced back from somewhere.

• Homm
    Homm
    ✭✭✭
    I've been at them for a while now about this and here is the latest response:
    There are many quests that can be missed out on completely due to a link with another quest, in shadowfen for example if you complete 'Saving The Relics' the NPC Gerent Saervild Steel-Wind is killed therefore he cannot give you the quest 'bound to the bog'
    The listed 62 quests for the achievement is not necessarily the total amount of quests in the area you should still be able to acquire this achievement even with the missed quests please keep searching.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us again.

I've scoured the swamps so many times and still I cant find that 62 quest, and from all the suggestions here without an official list of what quests there are done I would have to say I've done all of them and were still 1 short. Oh yeah. and when I try to reply to this support email my reply is getting bounced back from somewhere.
    This seems pretty.. wrong.. and stupid coming from Zenimax. They admitted there is a problem some time ago, now they want to sweep it under the carpet? I will repeat - I CHECKED EVERY DAMN QUEST IN SHADOWFEN USING A FULL LIST - NOTHING LEFT. 61/62 and I'll eat my sister's cake (and u don't want to mess with it - it's hazardous) if I'm wrong.
  • A247
    A247
    ✭✭
    I am stuck at 61/62 as well and still have mercenaries in Stormhold. I've also completed all the quests that are listed here. Hopefully they can just reduce the quests needed to get the achievement, or add in a few more.
  • Tarwol
    Tarwol
    Soul Shriven
    Same. 61/62. Looked for all the stuff mentioned here, spent 4 hours traversing the whole zone. Nothing
  • espmatthewjub17_ESO
    I put in a ticket a few days ago and here's the response I got. Looks like they're working on it.
    "The quest and achievement issue you are experiencing is a known problem that we are currently investigating to see where the bug lies. From what we know, one of the last few quests in the Shadowfen area is somehow setting off a bug that prevents the player from being granted the final quest in the area. As I said we are currently investigating which quest has this bug and how to resolve it.

I know it must be frustrating to come so close to the achievement and yet be prevented from completing it due to a bug. For now I would recommend moving on to the next area while we look into the issue. When a fix is found we will update our players on our main website and the forums, so please stay tuned.

I apologize for the bug hindering your progress like this."
    Edited by espmatthewjub17_ESO on April 24, 2014 9:41PM
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I put in a ticket a few days ago and here's the response I got. Looks like they're working on it.
    "The quest and achievement issue you are experiencing is a known problem that we are currently investigating to see where the bug lies. From what we know, one of the last few quests in the Shadowfen area is somehow setting off a bug that prevents the player from being granted the final quest in the area. As I said we are currently investigating which quest has this bug and how to resolve it.

I know it must be frustrating to come so close to the achievement and yet be prevented from completing it due to a bug. For now I would recommend moving on to the next area while we look into the issue. When a fix is found we will update our players on our main website and the forums, so please stay tuned.

I apologize for the bug hindering your progress like this."

The fix is lower the damn quest count for achievement to 58 and wash your hands of the issue. Its horsepoop to say "just move on to another zone until the issue is fix" but I'll tell you what I will do, I will move on to another game if this issue isn't fixed one way or another on May4th. And just an FYI I'm in the 61/62 club and have searched every x and y coordinates on map, talked to every NPC in those coordinates , search every bookshelf obtained every lore book, read every letter and talk to Maliq so often when he see's me coming he laugh's.

• Vrania
    Vrania
    Soul Shriven
    I hit 62 a few minutes ago... i missed one in Loriasel at the first visit. Thanks a lot guys.
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    (walks in from yet another long day of searching in shadowfen for the infamous 62nd quest)

Well it isn't there. Here is what we got. They know its messed up, they have the data showing it is messed up, and as a veteran player that has been to the equivalents of the other areas around Shadowfen's level (DC and AD areas) shadowfen is by far the most difficult. Easy fix folks, mark it to somewhere between 58-61 quests and we all can go home. There are exactly 62 quests in shadowfen atm and 61 are known to be working. (unless phasing issues occur)

Flip the switch, I am about to be a Dagger hero before Pact hero. As a DC character now, I don't feel any bias for leveling it to an attainable level as every other zone has at least 3-4 extra quests to complete for the achievement. It IS BIASED that shadowfen must have 62/62 and half the people can't complete it though.
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO
    ZOS_AlanG have commented on this ealier in the thread. Just have to wait and see when it gets fixed. They are aware :)
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    There have been several threads on this topic, and we want everyone to know that we are aware of the concerns, and have escalated this to the appropriate people.

• IceDragon79
    IceDragon79
    ✭✭
    @espmatthewjub17_ESO‌
    which CS staff member told you that? I'm having a running argument with CS over this and keep getting told "keep looking" and no acknowledgement of it being a bug so i want names of CS saying its a bug so i can feed it back to them showing a lack of internal communication
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    @espmatthewjub17_ESO‌
    which CS staff member told you that? I'm having a running argument with CS over this and keep getting told "keep looking" and no acknowledgement of it being a bug so i want names of CS saying its a bug so i can feed it back to them showing a lack of internal communication
    If you were actually following this thread you'd of seen it:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/702222/#Comment_702222
  • IceDragon79
    IceDragon79
    ✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/702222/#Comment_702222

And if you acutally read, i was asking for the name of the CS rep that responded to the ticket

• Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    PTS 1.1 Patch Notes
    Shadowfen
    A Final Release: If you’ve completed White Rose Prison, you are now able to complete this quest.
    Vigil’s End: You can no longer interrupt the theatre scene between the Enchanter and the Ayleid Knight.
    Riches Beyond Measure: Increased the quest level and monster level to be appropriate for the region.
    Deep Graves: Fixed an issue where some monsters were under-leveled.
    Are you f'ing kidding me?!! This STILL isn't properly fixed!!! OMG! WHY won't you fix this!

I had "A Final Release" already, so don't know what the problem was there. How about the problem with all the skippable quests that can no longer be done so that most people at stuck at anywhere from 58 to 61 quests and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get 62 for the achievement?! ARGH!!!

TWICE an admin has posted (lied) in this thread that they are aware of the problem and will address it. How hard is it to change a 62 to a 58?!!
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. The number of people affected by this issue should boost its priority way up. The last admin post was days ago and we had a patch yesterday but no fix. What is going on?
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
  • bzgzd6
    bzgzd6
    I am also at 61/62.

I don't thing anyone was able to make 63 quests or more.
    And so those who did 62/62 where just lucky to make "Bound to the Bog (25)" before "Saving The Relics (26)".

As one of official answers says that doing Saving The Relics means killing NPC quest giver for Bound to the Bog and therefore that quest is for many of us not doable.

---

Plus there are probably other quests that could be unavailable when doing other quests in certain order. Like "Eyes of the Enemy" which I also didn't make and is inaccessible to me.
    Edited by bzgzd6 on April 26, 2014 10:00AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major spoiler for shadowfen link
    http://esohead.com/map#26.2.51.60

it contains all known location for
    quest givers
    lore books
    locations

posting it here, since I hope that only people that have actually completed 95% of shadowfen is seeing it
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, who are stuck on 61/62. Now I'm one of you.

Used /camp, checked all places twice, I did almost everything... but sadly I'm stuck at 61/62.

Waiting for fix. Zenimax, please?
    Edited by CoUsT on April 26, 2014 10:14AM
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    Major spoiler for shadowfen link
    http://esohead.com/map#26.2.51.60

it contains all known location for
    quest givers
    lore books
    locations

posting it here, since I hope that only people that have actually completed 95% of shadowfen is seeing it

Been to every coordinates on that map nothing, no quest quivers just NPC thanking me for helping out. Went ahead and broke my playing experience and moved on to Eastmarch (done), The Rift ( almost done) Guild quests( mage and fighters done) today I'll finish The Rift and Undaunted and then probably stop playing, cancel sub and go back to playing single player games noting once again mmo's have failed to live up to their overhyped expectations.
  • papagoose
    papagoose
    Soul Shriven
    *minor spoiler*
    I'm on 61/62 at the moment and am pretty sure I have done all the listed quests I have found on various sites (esohead etc).

One point that sticks in my mind are the Trial quests around Hissmir. For 2 of the trials (the puzzle and the fight) I received a quest complete screen with an item reward. For the running trial I was just told I should have stopped and helped the Argonian and received no item/complete. But the quest still advanced to the next trial.

This is the only thing I can think of, but there is no way to retry or check.
    Edited by papagoose on April 26, 2014 9:10PM
  • Zenira
    Zenira
    ✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »

You'd have* seen it.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat now, 60/62 at the moment. Arx has not counted for me, contrary to some other comments here. I went to do it with the main intent to get to 61/62, but apparently that didn't do the trick :|

I've done all the quests listed before in this thread, those "hard to find quests", of which I've found a few precisely through this thread.

Not sure what I'm missing otherwise. I've got mercs in Stormhold, and the vicecannon doesn't talk about the Mmenic egg after completing it all, so it appears I've done those egg quests in the correct order then.

So at this point I may be a bit stuck...
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭

Been to every coordinates on that map nothing, no quest quivers just NPC thanking me for helping out. Went ahead and broke my playing experience and moved on to Eastmarch (done), The Rift ( almost done) Guild quests( mage and fighters done) today I'll finish The Rift and Undaunted and then probably stop playing, cancel sub and go back to playing single player games noting once again mmo's have failed to live up to their overhyped expectations.

Wow. It's just an 'achievement'. A rather empty reward. I really wish games would move away from this crap though. Achievements and gamerscores are really meaningless and just feed off of players' addictions. It's empty content.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    KenjiJU wrote: »
    Wow. It's just an 'achievement'. A rather empty reward.
    You need this achievement in order to get the "Pact Hero" achievement along with a matching title. A hard-to-get title is a big deal for many people, and rightly so. And if I recall correctly, you also get a free Skill Point for completing all the quests in an area.
    Edited by Sadae on April 27, 2014 6:52PM
  • Karox
    Karox
    ✭✭✭
    I think I might as well jump on the bandwagon here as well.
    At 60/62. I've followed all the advice given here, watched the videos, looked over maps, explored to oblivion and back. My cobbler left me, saying he couldn't make footwear fast enough.
    I fairly certain I did not do the breadcrumb to the pirates.
    I do still have mercenaries in town after intimidating a couple. Had I realized I should have rad the forums before lifting a foot in the zone I would have. Had I known that I could NOT explore and do the quests without it causing problems because I missed a breadcrumb I would have followed the breadcrumbs till my eyes bled.
    However I missed one almost certainly, and my mercs are broken.
    So .. after having one entire faction done, and Cold Harbour done I get shafted because I missed a breadcrumb, and a quest did not proc it's followup ...
    Aside from the fact that that is asinine itself, there is also the asinine fact that there are exactly ZERO extra quests, unlike ANY OTHER zone so far in my experience. Holy blundering ... I can't describe how annoyed this makes me without getting banned. How can a bunch of supposedly intelligent people make such an intentionally idiotic decision.
  • Castiiell
    Castiiell
    Jumping on board as well, read entire thread, ran for countless hours and still stuck on 60/62. Done everything listed above and nothing. Im just unsure how it could be bugged if people have completed it and some haven't just seems strange. But hopefully we get a response from The ESO team that addresses this issue besides saying go explore, because I have and im over looking at shadowfen lol.

p.s Love the game, not whinging just jumping on board with the same problem :D
  • Elwaer
    Elwaer
    Castiiell wrote: »
    Jumping on board as well, read entire thread, ran for countless hours and still stuck on 60/62. Done everything listed above and nothing. Im just unsure how it could be bugged if people have completed it and some haven't just seems strange. But hopefully we get a response from The ESO team that addresses this issue besides saying go explore, because I have and im over looking at shadowfen lol.

p.s Love the game, not whinging just jumping on board with the same problem :D

Well they've already acknowledge that they're looking into it, so I would imagine they'll speak more of it soon. I would just move on to Eastmarch for right now.
  • blezuemanueleb17_ESO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_rpxlaYsZw u can find some quest here
  • Orama
    Orama
    ✭✭
    i was 61/62 did the 4 man dungeon and completed the area.