Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowfen quests.

• StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Where to get the quest dungeon for 4 people? Quite complete this quest for 62/62. Inside the dungeon quest missing. Dungeon is shown on the map dark.
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    @karox I think it is more an accident than an actual decision. The fact the merc quest is broken is a pretty large one. I did not have the issue in any other zones so far, and I am on the 3rd alliance story at VR7, only shadow seems to have this issue... I Only hope they'll find a solution for the ones here since Day one (or minus5), I sure as hell won't be redoing everything from scratch for one quest :D

Worse comes to worse, they can just add a book somewhere, and notify us, speaking about an AWESOME squishy statue being built, and just go there to see it... Quest complete.. 62/62, problem solved :D
    Edited by Squishy on April 27, 2014 5:56PM
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • iLLNiSS
    iLLNiSS
    Soul Shriven
    Finished Aldmeri and working on my Ebonheart achievements.

I'm 60/62 and have spent the last 12 hours straight trying to finishing off these quests in Shadowfen. I did my routine of running around EVERY road and every nook that looked like it would have quests, and in this zone that meant alot of swimming to find the missing quests before I tried a quest map. I broke down as I was only able to get 59 without it. I found my #60 in Loriasel (right hand side) but that's as far as I've managed to get even with a quest map.

I have visited EVERY quest giver location mentioned on the Esohead map (http://esohead.com/map#26.3.49.68.2:7) more than once, I double checked the elusive 6 but those I discovered with just my normal quest hunting routines, I've read through this whole thread and cross referenced all the quests mentioned as the ones people were missing with the Esohead map and again revisited them (some multiple times like "A Final Release"), to no avail.

I know there is one quest in the group dungeon so I took a quick look alone and ran through for a few minutes by dying and respawning and couldn't locate that one but i'm not worried about it as I should be able to complete this zone without that quest.

An interesting note though is the Hei-Halai wayshrine was working for me up until a couple hours ago. I did the quests up in that region yesterday when I started Shadowfen and used the wayshrine many times in my ventures today to find these missing quests. It stopped working for me when I was trying to complete the Spine Dolmen. From that point on after respawning using the nearest wayshrine that the shrine turned to a question mark and could no longer be used (only for reviving to it).

There are mercenaries in Stormhold for me but I cannot attack them unless someone else in the area attacks them. At that point I'm able to fight them. So I guess this means I didn't follow the linear path set out for that string of quests.

Can anyone who has recently started Shadowfen also say they have only got 60/62 doing the same as me? I'm thinking the 61/62 people who haven't completed Arx yet may have completed a quest that is recently bugged.

TL;DR, I've read this whole thread, tried everything people have stated, revisited everything many times (except for the group dungeon Arx), and I'm still 60/62. Thinking another quest has bugged out either for VR players or recent Shadowfen discoverers as most people with 61/62 excluding Arx have had this issue prior to the last couple days.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    u can find some quest here
    While I appreciate people wanting to help, it would help more if they familiarized themselves better with the thread first. We've been through all the YouTube videos, combed all the hard-to-find quests people have listed, and have got them all, with screenshots to prove it.

It has been clearly determined that there are several quests that can be skipped and started at the second step, forever removing a quest count that can never been done. There are FIVE such quests, and a broken one that doesn't grant COMPLETE status, making it possible to run out of quests at 58 out of a total of 64. (59 if you do the group dungeon.)

There is no magic missing quest! Some people did actually just miss quests, and found them later thinking they discovered that magic missing quest, but we already have them all. The only fix is to either lower the required quest count to 58, or give all credit for the skipped quests if we got the quest that comes after them.
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    Yup. 61/62.

Poorly designed.

They couldn't just think up a couple of really stupid quests to have some wiggle room. They had to walk a tight rope.

My god. Never seen anything this. Just another really dumb oversight.
  • Tjark.Gaudlitzeb17_ESO
    Wow nice... I just found another quest I haven't done in eastmarch and as I've said I already got the achievement for this zone while I wasn't even done with the main questline there... Just some salt into the open wound, still at 61/62 in shadowfen.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    62/62. *** Arx and Arx quest. I find quest in Arx.
  • Saberhagen
    Saberhagen
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there. I recently had big problem with this. I was stuck at 57/62. For me it was:
    - 2 side quests in Lorasiel (you must explore all ruin)
    - 1 quest from some wizard, road to the mountains, bottom of the map
    - 1 quest in Deep Graves AFTER side quest with argonian mother in White Rose Prision
    - 1 quest west of Camp Crystal Abbatoir (npc wants you to recover goods from swamps)
    Edited by Saberhagen on April 27, 2014 11:07PM
    Dogs are loyal and stupid.
    People are smart and devious.
    I'll stick with dogs.

EP: Saleor Falhaaler, Sorc
    EP: Saberhagen, Temp
    AD: Bhisha, NB
    500+CP, EU
  • iLLNiSS
    iLLNiSS
    Soul Shriven
    Just an update, I talked to support and the girl was very helpful. Again, I'm 60/62 (haven't done the group dungeon Arx).

She informed me these quests are not marked as completed for my character:
    What happened at Murkwater
    Eyes of the enemy
    Overrun (Pretty sure I completed this, but Silent-Moss is not at the fishing village to give me the quest now so it doesn't matter)
    Bound To The Bog
    Hushed Whispers

Unfortunately, all these quests I either completed and wasn't awarded the completion for, or they are just gone/missing. So a PSA to anyone who says 'just keep looking', they are not there. Some people seem to have gotten these quests completed and are missing some other ones (in which case they should explore, but some (like myself), have explored the hell out of Shadowfen and some quests CANNOT be completed anymore.

It seems most of my issues relate to the Murkwater and Hissmir areas. Hopefully it gets fixed soon :(
  • Nick_Klaus
    Really tired. Spent 5 hours today just to search the final quest but couldn't find. :(

61/62. Did all dungeons, hidden quest, the ones in Youtube video..still nothing.

Is this really hard to fix? Come on, just reduce it to 60.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm another one. At 61/62 and I have done everything but Arx. Really not excited about pugging Arx in VR content... Really *** poor planning on the devs part. Why is it some zones do have a few extra quests, then we have this one? Seriously ridiculously annoying.

A guild member told me it's 62 exactly, and that I missed something. I filed with customer support, and they sent me an email telling me there are no known bugs in Shadowfen.

I've been playing these games since Arena, I get the whole idea of go out and explore... but with the amount of hours myself, and many others in this thread, have put into this zone... this really shouldn't be this ridiculous to find one damn quest.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    iLLNiSS wrote: »
    Just an update, I talked to support and the girl was very helpful. Again, I'm 60/62 (haven't done the group dungeon Arx).

Eyes of the enemy
    Overrun (Pretty sure I completed this, but Silent-Moss is not at the fishing village to give me the quest now so it doesn't matter)
    Bound To The Bog
    Hushed Whispers

Unfortunately, all these quests I either completed and wasn't awarded the completion for, or they are just gone/missing. So a PSA to anyone who says 'just keep looking', they are not there. Some people seem to have gotten these quests completed and are missing some other ones (in which case they should explore, but some (like myself), have explored the hell out of Shadowfen and some quests CANNOT be completed anymore.

It seems most of my issues relate to the Murkwater and Hissmir areas. Hopefully it gets fixed soon :(
    lol, and these are exactly the 5 missable quests I keep bringing up. Once you skip any of these 5, it's IMPOSSIBLE to do them anymore as you've already done the step that comes after them!

Call that support girl back up and tell her this! WHAT IS IT ZENIMAX IS NOT UNDERSTANDING HERE?!!! Don't tell us we're missing these quest and to just go find them! THEY ARE GONE! We CAN'T do them anymore once we've done the followup quest that comes after them!

We are all getting tired of patch after patch and this never gets fixed! It's no wonder why, if they just keep telling us we're missing these quests and need to go find them. We CAN'T!! Hello?! Zenimax people?! Are you listening?!! WE CANNOT DO THESE 5 QUESTS!! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE ONCE YOU SKIP TO THE SECOND STEP!!!! And the quest "Unwelcome Guests" still needs fixing as well. We all did the quest but don't get the "COMPLETE" status for it, and the mercs just stay in town.
  • iLLNiSS
    iLLNiSS
    Soul Shriven
    Sadae wrote: »
    iLLNiSS wrote: »

Eyes of the enemy
    Bound To The Bog
    Hushed Whispers

lol, and these are exactly the 5 missable quests I keep bringing up. Once you skip any of these 5, it's IMPOSSIBLE to do them anymore as you've already done the step that comes after them!

Call that support girl back up and tell her this! WHAT IS IT ZENIMAX IS NOT UNDERSTANDING HERE?!!! Don't tell us we're missing these quest and to just go find them! THEY ARE GONE! We CAN'T do them anymore once we've done the followup quest that comes after them!

We are all getting tired of patch after patch and this never gets fixed! It's no wonder why, if they just keep telling us we're missing these quests and need to go find them. We CAN'T!! Hello?! Zenimax people?! Are you listening?!! WE CANNOT DO THESE 5 QUESTS!! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE ONCE YOU SKIP TO THE SECOND STEP!!!! And the quest "Unwelcome Guests" still needs fixing as well. We all did the quest but don't get the "COMPLETE" status for it, and the mercs just stay in town.

I think they are somewhat aware. She knew of something about Shadowfen quests being messed up and the first thing she checked was eyes of the enemy. Afterwards she basically referenced YOUR thread (not this one) to my list of completed ones and listed them off.

It seems 'somewhat' tedious for them to do this. By the sounds of it they only see what we've done, not what we've missed. I imagine their system is planned to only see completed and not list missing so the support system doesn't need to be updated along with the content added later in game.
  • IceDragon79
    IceDragon79
    ✭✭
    Yeah, seems the common theme here is breakable quest chains leading to 1 or more missed quests. But no matter what we tell Zenimax or anything they just give us the canned response of "keep looking". Hopefully if we keep on them about it they will see the issue and do something to either reduce the number of quests needed for the achievement or fix the chains so they cant be broken quite so easily by following the suggested "pick a direction and run" exploration method.
  • Nick_Klaus
    Arx Corinium doesn't have VR mode at the moment. So we gotta wait for proper fix or wait till they add VR mode.

• sonsyshaw
    sonsyshaw
    Soul Shriven
    ALL DONE.
    NOTHING HELP.

• Triskele12
    Triskele12
    Soul Shriven
    59/62 for me. I've not completed the dungeon quest yet but that would mean I'm still a couple short. Looked everywhere, cross-referenced online maps, done all the commonly missed quests. Stuck. I received this reply when I reported this morning:
    Greetings Adventurer!

We're sorry that you haven't been able to find all of the quests in Shadowfen yet! Currently there are no known bugs when it comes to this achievement, just keep looking for more quests! Follow the well-worn roads, and then travel off the beaten paths! Look near points of interest and in the middle of nowhere! You never can tell where there are people who need your help.

Warm Regards,
    Thomas
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I'm another player who travelled the map in a clockwise direction, so perhaps there's my issue.
  • michael.kuijpersb16_ESO
    i got this email today, so i guess eyes of the enemy is ingame
    Greetings, Michael!

This one would like to thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We're sorry that you haven't been able to find all of the quests in Shadowfen yet! Currently there are no known bugs when it comes to this achievement, just keep looking for more quests! It seems you are missing the quest "Eyes of the Enemy". This one suggests a bit of research with friends, guild mates, or tomes in order to locate that which you seek.

If you have any further questions or issues, please seek our assistance once more. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Best Regards,

But i wonder where? Maybe from reading a book?
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze
  • espmatthewjub17_ESO
    @espmatthewjub17_ESO‌
    which CS staff member told you that? I'm having a running argument with CS over this and keep getting told "keep looking" and no acknowledgement of it being a bug so i want names of CS saying its a bug so i can feed it back to them showing a lack of internal communication

It said in the email that their name is Omari. That would make me even angrier than being 61/62 man. Denying that there is a problem and taking days to respond is poor customer service. Sorry to hear that.

Edited by espmatthewjub17_ESO on April 28, 2014 4:24PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we quest counter clockwise to not fork this up?
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a touch tardy, but there's also a "Mysterious Gas" quest, due south of the Hatching Pools, east of Bitterroot Cave. You just walk toward it to start it.
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Found another, my last, southeast of the Hatching Pools, east of the Hatching Pools wayshrine along the road.
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on April 28, 2014 5:58PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did the gas and that one on the road.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Triskele12 wrote: »
    I received this reply when I reported this morning:
    Greetings Adventurer!

We're sorry that you haven't been able to find all of the quests in Shadowfen yet! Currently there are no known bugs when it comes to this achievement, just keep looking for more quests! Follow the well-worn roads, and then travel off the beaten paths! Look near points of interest and in the middle of nowhere! You never can tell where there are people who need your help.

Warm Regards,
    Thomas
    *bangs head against the wall*

More proof that customer support doesn't know a thing about what's going on with their game, and that they just hand out standard cookie-cutter replies without any actual knowledge to back up their BS.

I remember the days when customer support hired people who actually knew and understood their product. They drew on their own personal knowledge to intelligently answer questions. Now they just hire monkeys to read off responses from a database in an effort to pacify their customers, and don't care if they actually help them.

*goes back to banging head against the wall*
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    The customer support told me I am missing eyes of the enemy, but I can not find the quest starter's location anywhere, would anyone know where it is?
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • DJsax
    DJsax
    Soul Shriven
    Did all the quests there were in Shadowfen and it says I'm 60/62. I doublechecked the whole map...nothing.
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭
    It seems our dev teams have given us broken promises :(
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
  • Jaqq
    Jaqq
    Soul Shriven
    I received the following information from an incredibly helpful GM named John~:

The reason you can't get that last quest is as follows:

There are three quests that are somewhat connected to each other. Getting to the Truth, Trail of the Skin-Stealer, and Eyes of the Enemy. Those who completed Getting to the Truth then went directly to Trail of the Skin-Stealer (such as you and I) are not able to pick up the Eyes of the Enemy quest (as you can't pick up a quest fron an NPC that you killed), hence your missing quest, and your 61/62.

Now there is some potentially good news. In order to get this missing quest, go back to that area and see if you can find another player with that quest. If you can, you may be able to complete that quest if they share it with you. If that's not an option, you can wait until you get veteran rank, and you can pickup the quest that way. And of course there's the option to create another character and do it that way as well. Not to mention, since our team is aware of the issue and working to resolve, you could always explore other quests around Tamriel and come back to it. By then, there may be a permanent fix.

The quest is in fact in the game, just as it currently stands, completing Trail of the Skin-Stealer is blocking access to Eyes of the Enemy, but rest easy, as we have a skilled and dedicated team on the case!
  • Nick_Klaus
    1. Sharing quest didn't work.
    2. Already hit veteran rank, still can't find the quest. Searched every bit of map for more than 10+ hours.
    3. Sadly achievements are character based. So doing on other character doesn't unlock achievement for this. (your main character)

Really annoying :'(
    Edited by Nick_Klaus on April 28, 2014 11:41PM
  • Jaqq
    Jaqq
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the update, Nick. That saves me the hours of sitting around in Shadowfen, asking /zone for the quest. :(