The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK dead Class?

• satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    c52y90zxsqju.png

stam dk new pts patch
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I currently have a stampar, stamdk, and stamsorc, and while my DK hits about 5k lower, it is the only one that doesn't need a single heavy attack during a 21m parse. Personally what i think the class needs is an execute, either in the form of a passive to dots. It would also be nice it stonefist was not as clunky as it is.
    Edited by ke.sardenb14_ESO on October 7, 2020 8:14AM
    Options
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    I can do 82k on stamdk (on live), stamcros hit 94k and will break 100k after the dummy is fixed (on pts). We are far behind and have been for a year now.

I've seen a stamblade parse with vma staff on backbar hitting 92k (pts). Yeah, that's how crazy those two are.

Yeah, that's why I ask for the parses, cause you never know what one might oversee, some crazy build for full HA rotation or whatnot.
    So far, what I've tried is:
    vMA DW/vMA bow + Rele + Deadly - dot static rotation with rapid strikes = 82k+

AY front bar nirnhoned 2h/vBRP DW (both Infused and with Berserker and Poison enchant) + Rele + Sele - dot dynamic rotation with Stone Giant with executioner spam starting at 30% or lower = 82k+

AY front bar Charged 2h/vBRP DW (both Infused and with Flame and Poison enchant) + Rele + Zaan - dot dynamic rotation with Stone Giant with executioner spam starting at 30% or lower = 84k+

I have also came up to the conclusion that stam DK does not have the BIS monster set (until the recent patch it was MAW, bonus burning status :wink: ). Selene is not performing as good as on other classes if using StoneGiant (cause it is ranged), Stormfist, veli, domihaus are meh. I think that there is no good monster set that would support the stamDK theme or synergize well with any of the DK passives. Poison based Monster sets basically (who wants to heavy attack?) do not exist, all that the PvE stamina gets again and again is disease dmg based monster sets. Fire base sets have very "stamina-unfriendly" 1pc bonuses. Dmg wise, of course, Zaan is the best even on stamDK, but I am not sure if the dps loss bcs of 1pc is not what invalidates the Zaan dps on stamDD.

What is left to try for me are these set ups, they may be the best...
    AY front bar DW/vMA bow + Rele + Selene, dynamic rota
    AY front bar DW/vBRP DW + Rele + Selene, dynamic rota
    And I guess that trying bow/bow would be a complete waste of time.

have you tried marselook? with all those dots maybe it fits dk better?
    Options
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    I can do 82k on stamdk (on live), stamcros hit 94k and will break 100k after the dummy is fixed (on pts). We are far behind and have been for a year now.

I've seen a stamblade parse with vma staff on backbar hitting 92k (pts). Yeah, that's how crazy those two are.

Yeah, that's why I ask for the parses, cause you never know what one might oversee, some crazy build for full HA rotation or whatnot.
    So far, what I've tried is:
    vMA DW/vMA bow + Rele + Deadly - dot static rotation with rapid strikes = 82k+

AY front bar nirnhoned 2h/vBRP DW (both Infused and with Berserker and Poison enchant) + Rele + Sele - dot dynamic rotation with Stone Giant with executioner spam starting at 30% or lower = 82k+

AY front bar Charged 2h/vBRP DW (both Infused and with Flame and Poison enchant) + Rele + Zaan - dot dynamic rotation with Stone Giant with executioner spam starting at 30% or lower = 84k+

I have also came up to the conclusion that stam DK does not have the BIS monster set (until the recent patch it was MAW, bonus burning status :wink: ). Selene is not performing as good as on other classes if using StoneGiant (cause it is ranged), Stormfist, veli, domihaus are meh. I think that there is no good monster set that would support the stamDK theme or synergize well with any of the DK passives. Poison based Monster sets basically (who wants to heavy attack?) do not exist, all that the PvE stamina gets again and again is disease dmg based monster sets. Fire base sets have very "stamina-unfriendly" 1pc bonuses. Dmg wise, of course, Zaan is the best even on stamDK, but I am not sure if the dps loss bcs of 1pc is not what invalidates the Zaan dps on stamDD.

What is left to try for me are these set ups, they may be the best...
    AY front bar DW/vMA bow + Rele + Selene, dynamic rota
    AY front bar DW/vBRP DW + Rele + Selene, dynamic rota
    And I guess that trying bow/bow would be a complete waste of time.

have you tried marselook? with all those dots maybe it fits dk better?

@hakan I scrapped the idea of Deadly & rele, as you can see in my latest comment in this topic. ay + rele, 2h + brp dw is the way. But nevertheless, marselok is the best dps monster set, if you have the sustain for bashes.
    Edited by satanio on October 7, 2020 9:46AM
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    c52y90zxsqju.png

stam dk new pts patch

I hate to ask, but what is your rotation like, I've been curious about trying 2h/DW.
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    u3juls7q9644.jpg

I don't think I can get any higher with the lag currently present at PTS server. But anyways, 112k other classes are reporting seems absolutely unachievable by stamDK.
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best I can do on magDK is 95k
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »

Be happy about that. I've tested all magicka classes and must say that DK is not that good as necro/sorc/NB but not that bad as templar or warden.

Just try magwarden yourself. You'll quickly return to magDK which seems to be doing okay.

PS: My personal best with magDK is 95,5k without using Blood for Blood.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Threads like these are very meaningless without a specification on whether they are meant for PvP or PvE. Personally the DK dot rework and the delay on leap, combined with disappointing stonefist rework were enough reason for me to uninstall the game. If you ask a PvE main they probably have easier rotations with longer dot times and they never really cared about the leap or ''how it feels to play a DK'' to begin with, so their entire focus is based on ''If my DK does less than X DPS, its bad.'' That was never how I approached things personally, for me it was all about how it felt to melt people with dots and finish them up with a well timed leap.

Dk always had this problem where purges of any kind really hurt your pressure but those dots were very cheap and the class was really damn tanky, allowing you to just sit there and spam them, making it a battle of ''attrition''. By nerfing dot costs and making them take longer to actually do damage, the attrition aspect was greatly nerfed and the class was made slower in general.

Nerfing the tankyness , the wings nerf, the healing nerfs etc are somewhat understandable when you consider playerbase are crying over tank meta. However bringing back proc meta on top of these changes only supports my opinion that these people really do not play this class, and if they do, they are really, really casual about it.
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are some ideas for the passives Searing Heat and Eternal Mountain? The skills could just have those passives added to their numbers. Nightblade's Dark Veil is another passive like this, there might be others.

I suppose Searing Heat could be used to better address DPS issues, and Eternal Mountain sustain?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    c52y90zxsqju.png

stam dk new pts patch

I hate to ask, but what is your rotation like, I've been curious about trying 2h/DW.

In short:
    • It is a dynamic rotation with all the dots.
    • stonefist as spammable when all the dots are on.
    • executioner spam (with barbed trap and deadly cloak refresh) at 25% (more or less).
    Front bar: Stone giant, Consuming trap, Executioner, Venomous claw, Barbed trap; Dawnbreaker
    Back bar: Noxious Breath, FoO, Deadly Cloak, Rending Slashes, Whip (for the WD buff); Standard - rending slashes is the flex spot (insert your vigor here).

Start of the rotation can look like:
    Barbed trap |Swap| Foo, Noxious, Deadly, Rending, |Swap| Stone giant, Consuming, VenoClaw, 3xS.giant, Barbed Trap, |Swap|
    Deadly, Rending |Swap| Stonefist, |Swap| Noxious, Foo, |Swap|, Consuming .... and just keep that dots up while complementing it with Stonegiant, you can start inserting the executioner instead of S.giant and weaker dots at around 25%, but at 15% it should turn into complete executioner extravaganza while only keeping Minor Force and Deadly Cloak up.
    POP YOUR STANDARD WHENEVER ITS READY FOR THE MAXIMUM DPS :D

- But if you are a normal person, that refuses to use Action Duration Reminder and you would like to know optimal static rotation for 2h/DW, we must ask @Olupajmibanan . I know that he was trying it out before jumping on a dynamical rotation train.

P.S.:
    Threads like these are very meaningless without a specification on whether they are meant for PvP or PvE.
    Yes and no, because balancing is not done separately for both PvE and PvP. Wings nerf in PvP, meant Wings buff in PvE etc. Problem with DK now is that it is not very good in every part of the game except Tanking and MagDK PvP I guess? There is no point in making thread A: Dk dead class in PvE, thread B: Dk dead class in PvP, thread C: Dk dead class as stam PvE, Dk dead class as stam PvP.. you get my point.

Edited by satanio on October 10, 2020 7:47AM
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be happy about that. I've tested all magicka classes and must say that DK is not that good as necro/sorc/NB but not that bad as templar or warden.

Just try magwarden yourself. You'll quickly return to magDK which seems to be doing okay.

Not going to be happy about magicka doing nearly 20k less than the stronger stam classes.
    Edited by Jodynn on October 10, 2020 11:38AM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not going to be happy about magicka doing nearly 20k less than the stronger stam classes.

1. Content difficulty is unchanged. Hard modes and tri-fecta achievements in trials are just the same.
    2. Magicka is doing even more dps than before patch.

What does this mean? Magicka will be doing content just fine.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 10, 2020 5:39PM
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Content difficulty is unchanged. Hard modes and tri-fecta achievements in trials are just the same.

Magicka is doing less it only seems like more because of major vulnerability inflation.

Even if the content is not changed the meta drastically is and I don't want be outclassed or expected to be something else to be better. I want to be my class ( and race but that is looking unlikely )

For people who care about testing their skill and mettle against each other in a competitive way but do less just because of a choice you can't change ( class ) is complete and utter trash.

Be like giving someone a knife and spoon and say , "Who can cut this cucumber faster"?
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Magicka is doing less it only seems like more because of major vulnerability inflation.

Even if the content is not changed the meta drastically is and I don't want be outclassed or expected to be something else to be better. I want to be my class ( and race but that is looking unlikely )

For people who care about testing their skill and mettle against each other in a competitive way but do less just because of a choice you can't change ( class ) is complete and utter trash.

Be like giving someone a knife and spoon and say , "Who can cut this cucumber faster"?

When we are throwing examples: Is Tick-Tock Tormentor title any different if you complete it within 30 minutes rather than 35 minutes? It isn't, and that's what I try to say.

What you describe is psychological problem rather than balance changes. There is no class and spec you can't complete any achievement with, and if any leader says otherwise, leave the guild.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 12, 2020 1:41PM
    Options
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    c52y90zxsqju.png

stam dk new pts patch

In short:
    • executioner spam (with barbed trap and deadly cloak refresh) at 25% (more or less).
    Front bar: Stone giant, Consuming trap, Executioner, Venomous claw, Barbed trap; Dawnbreaker
    Back bar: Noxious Breath, FoO, Deadly Cloak, Rending Slashes, Whip (for the WD buff); Standard - rending slashes is the flex spot (insert your vigor here).

Barbed trap |Swap| Foo, Noxious, Deadly, Rending, |Swap| Stone giant, Consuming, VenoClaw, 3xS.giant, Barbed Trap, |Swap|
    Deadly, Rending |Swap| Stonefist, |Swap| Noxious, Foo, |Swap|, Consuming .... and just keep that dots up while complementing it with Stonegiant, you can start inserting the executioner instead of S.giant and weaker dots at around 25%, but at 15% it should turn into complete executioner extravaganza while only keeping Minor Force and Deadly Cloak up.

- But if you are a normal person, that refuses to use Action Duration Reminder and you would like to know optimal static rotation for 2h/DW, we must ask @Olupajmibanan . I know that he was trying it out before jumping on a dynamical rotation train.

P.S.:
    Threads like these are very meaningless without a specification on whether they are meant for PvP or PvE.
    Yes and no, because balancing is not done separately for both PvE and PvP. Wings nerf in PvP, meant Wings buff in PvE etc. Problem with DK now is that it is not very good in every part of the game except Tanking and MagDK PvP I guess? There is no point in making thread A: Dk dead class in PvE, thread B: Dk dead class in PvP, thread C: Dk dead class as stam PvE, Dk dead class as stam PvP.. you get my point.

I appreciate it, I figure that was the set up but I still wanted to confirm id breath was a part or not. I'm on console so I don't have access to the duration manager.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    c52y90zxsqju.png

stam dk new pts patch

In short:

P.S.:

Balancing is actually done separately whether you want to believe it or not. But I don't want to go into the details too much so I'm going to edit and cut it short.

When someone opens a thread named ''DK dead class?'' and their reasoning is that they could not beat the meta class at that moment in a raw DPS race, yes we need a separation. Those people don't care about specifics, the fundementals, they do not care about what is healthy for the class and for the game, all they ever care about is if they can hit X DPS on a parse or not.

Stonefist and all the other class identity ''improvements'' are a result of the dev team listening to that stereotype, instead of the ''toxic vets''. All Dk mains ever wanted was to be more of a melee brawler and look where we are now.

And... you know I kinda get your point. Opening a bazillion threads and spamming the forum is not nice. But it works. It definitely works. These developers only really do anything when there is a PR disaster happening.

Remember this:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025#:~:text=When our team uses the,power fantasy and play patterns.

What happened to this? Forgotten. Nothing but empty promises.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 13, 2020 5:43AM
    Options
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdk dps is farbage because the sustain is so terrible and there is exactly ONE build that actually works with the class to help mitigate it (elfbane).

Dk healers got nerfed into oblivion with the major mending nerf. Now my jorvalds dk healer will have no special healing abilities of significance to bring to the table.

Its as though the intention is for dks to only be tanks and nothing else.
    Options
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdk dps is farbage because the sustain is so terrible and there is exactly ONE build that actually works with the class to help mitigate it (elfbane).

Dk healers got nerfed into oblivion with the major mending nerf. Now my jorvalds dk healer will have no special healing abilities of significance to bring to the table.

Stamdk is over 10k behind of every other class on pts parses. Magdk is around 10k behind the best mag parse on pts and 20k behind the best stam classes with the hardest sustain in game. Fair? We are literally the worst class as dds and devs don't care at all.

And yes, we do know we can so any content in the game with our current dps but are we the best in any role? No. Are we wanted in trials? No. Do we give any unique buffs to the group? Yes, two (stam and mag each). Do those two buffs make a difference to a group? No, other classes can do them better. I do not want to feel like a bargain when I'm doing to do the hardest content yet you force me to do so if I want to play dk.

They want our dks to be tanks or fly around battlegrounds with our ultimate.

Developers, PLEASE! It is time to buff dk too.
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When we are throwing examples: Is Tick-Tock Tormentor title any different if you complete it within 30 minutes rather than 35 minutes? It isn't, and that's what I try to say.

What you describe is psychological problem rather than balance changes. There is no class and spec you can't complete any achievement with, and if any leader says otherwise, leave the guild.

Not about a guild, I play mostly in an unoptimized group, it's about what I enjoy.

I enjoy testing my skill against others, if my dps baseline is 20k less just because of my class, it's hard to feel competitive.

EDIT:
    For the record I do have Tick-Tock.
    Edited by Jodynn on October 13, 2020 5:05PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elfbane actually doesn't help sustain, elfbane in PvE is actually pretty weak now since our sustain was because of a bug or vampire.

In PvP I prefer many other sets.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP DK - nothing but nerfs for the whole year. All feedback ignored for every single pts cycle during this year.

Time to play other games and cancel sub. See you all next year! Hopefully we are then at least decent or on par with other classes.

Options
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dead class only for leaderboarding...
    otherwise, if you got some stamDK on vAS+ for example, you will be capable to do IRR.
    Just you won't push it at 3 minute, but at 4 minute...

The problem is :
    ( not for min-max / theorycrafting or Pushing 1st world/clear, [/i)]
    ppl think you need to be meta for clear vMoL who only need 300k DPS of party, when we can push more than 800k atm.
    I don't see the problem to push only 93k on PTS with my stam (deadly/relequen/vMA weapon).

I always play my DK, Tank then mag and now stam, i clear vMA 595k with it with no swap gear, clear the spirit slayer on PTS.
    And go on vAS+2/CR+ with some party they don't search about to be the best player of the world, but just wanna do all content with fun.
    Edited by LordGodzilla on October 19, 2020 4:38PM
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead class only for leaderboarding...
    otherwise, if you got some stamDK on vAS+ for example, you will be capable to do IRR.
    Just you won't push it at 3 minute, but at 4 minute...

The problem is :
    ( not for min-max / theorycrafting or Pushing 1st world/clear, [/i)]
    ppl think you need to be meta for clear vMoL who only need 300k DPS of party, when we can push more than 800k atm.
    I don't see the problem to push only 93k on PTS with my stam (deadly/relequen/vMA weapon).

I always play my DK, Tank then mag and now stam, i clear vMA 595k with it with no swap gear, clear the spirit slayer on PTS.
    And go on vAS+2/CR+ with some party they don't search about to be the best player of the world, but just wanna do all content with fun.

Because it's not about being able to, it's about being competitive.

Friendly rivalry between players testing skill, not your thing, great, for some of us it's a big deal.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Base of competitive, it's have the same thing.
    Why you wanna compare a F1 with a GT3 ?

So you take the most powerfull class of the actual patch, and you play with, why complaining about DK not pushing the same dips of magsorc ?

We can talk to mag/vs stam on vMA too ? Pushing 620k with master architect and destro ;)

So as i say in the spoil.
    If you're not wanna be competitive with friend etc etc, it's not a dead class
    Edited by LordGodzilla on October 19, 2020 7:19PM
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Base of competitive, it's have the same thing.
    Why you wanna compare a F1 with a GT3 ?

So you take the most powerfull class of the actual patch, and you play with, why complaining about DK not pushing the same dips of magsorc ?

We can talk to mag/vs stam on vMA too ? Pushing 620k with master architect and destro ;)

So as i say in the spoil.
    If you're not wanna be competitive with friend etc etc, it's not a dead class

It's a dead class for like 0,0001% of playerbase which push for top leaderboard scores. And honestly, none of these players is present in this thread, I am sure of that. So I wouldn't take this thread seriously, just as Zenimax doesn't.

For leaderboard pushers all magicka classes are dead, not only DK. Yet we are crying about DK only here.

The only thing that needs work is Poop Fist and I am not talking about the damage, but rather usability of the skill.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 19, 2020 7:43PM
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS Parses:

Stamden: 114.6k - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/756680512709328906/763414330128859156/unknown.png
    Stamplar: 112.5k
    StamCro: 112.8 k - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/756680512709328906/763475111662583849/unknown.png
    StamSorc: 110.3k
    Stamblade: 108.6k
    StamDK: 103k

MagCro: 103k
    MagBlade: 102k
    MagSorc: 103k
    Magden: 92.3k
    MagDK: 95k

StamDK sharing that bottom with Mag and Magdk sharing that bottom with Magden.

Not just leaderboard ***, we're weak.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS Parses:

Stamden: 114.6k - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/756680512709328906/763414330128859156/unknown.png
    StamCro: 112.8 k - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/756680512709328906/763475111662583849/unknown.png

You're missing magplar.

To finalize your table, I was able to pull 96k with magDK, 95k with magplar and 93,5k with Magden. If you need parse screens I could log onto PTS and make them for you. Also, I think I've seen 112k stamblade parse but don't really want to search for it on discord.

Magwarden is significantly worse than magDK so "magDK being dead" concerns aren't on spot.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 24, 2020 11:58AM
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS Parses:

You're missing magplar.

To finalize your table, I was able to pull 96k with magDK, 95k with magplar and 93,5k with Magden. If you need parse screens I could log onto PTS and make them for you. Also, I think I've seen 112k stamblade parse but don't really want to search for it on discord.

Magwarden is significantly worse than magDK so "magDK being dead" concerns aren't on spot.

Yes the concerns are important, just because something is bad and something is worse doesn't mean you should overlook and forget the bad
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    Options
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    PTS Parses:

Was this parse on stamina DK with stone giant or vMA DW? The later does significant more damage
    Options