The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK dead Class?

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knights have been extinct for awhile now.

What we have now is Dragon Mages and Poison Knights.

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ovp7jx46wc9b.png

Well, after build change I got to 87k but I feel that I can't go much higher. But still, all these "Stamina can do 90k with ease, most of them do 95k+ anyways" claims seem to be far from truth.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 1, 2020 9:47PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thor199389 wrote: »
    Does ZoS consider DK a dead class or why do they have nothing about it in patch notes?

Just a few things Ive read here already:
    PvE DK
    - Tank dependend on Major Mending from Obsidian Shield, nerfed without compensation.
    - Magicka is meele, sustain on live is already bad, magicka steal nerfed, light attacks nerfed without compensation.

PvP DK
    - Stamina dependend on Obsidian Shield aswell...

Guess DK is really dead now?

Mag dk only works if you run a toxic proc dot heavy malacath build smh
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class is dead in PvP. It's all about proc sets, not your class.

Bingo
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    magdk is a beast at dueling, what tf r u talking about

The game is not balanced around dueling
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    ovp7jx46wc9b.png

Well, after build change I got to 87k but I feel that I can't go much higher. But still, all these "Stamina can do 90k with ease, most of them do 95k+ anyways" claims seem to be far from truth.

Well I am happy to emphasize the amount of resists, and therefore pene needed for atro. It is 3200 resists.
    Sa that was my mistake. :D After the first parse, with adjusted cp, I am at 86,5k+ thanks @Olupajmibanan
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlespirit is up at a 55 percent healing reduction on latest pts so healing got improved by 10 percent negating the 9 percent loss on major mending we got when it got reduced to 16 from 25 percent.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on October 2, 2020 8:01AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlespirit is up at a 55 percent healing reduction on latest pts so healing got improved by 10 percent negating the 9 percent loss on major mending we got when it got reduced to 16 from 25 percent.

still down relative to other classes
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

still down relative to other classes

yeah i was going to say other classes got that buff without a nerf to a skill.

DK healing is on par to were it was (not good btw) and everyone else got buffed, great.

how much longer do we have to wait before we can justify a class change option based purely on "this class is no longer the one we chose" ? because when i picked DK, it was a far different beast i can assure you.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK and StamDen have been at the bottom of the barrel for PvE forever, and that's not going to magically change after pen changes
    ovp7jx46wc9b.png

because stamDK and stamden are at the bottom of the barrel.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. DK is a dead class. I am still waiting for ZOS to stop overtuning DLC classes and rework good old Dragonknight and Templar.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    StamDK and StamDen have been at the bottom of the barrel for PvE forever, and that's not going to magically change after pen changes
    ovp7jx46wc9b.png

I've always had stamDen as the absolute stamina bottom, even worse than DK. But I got shocked seeing this yugokapa56zx.png

At first I thought that he was using Thrassians at 50 stacks, but his max weapon damage is at 5800 which is high indeed but not at the level Thrassians would bring him to.

The title "stamina underdog" is going to be passed to DK :disappointed:
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 4, 2020 7:45AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm leveling a sorcerer and I hate leveling with a passion
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    From a PVE perspective stam dk just sucks. Sustain is ultra bad and you can't even make use of all passives. Stone Giant is also very clunky cause u can't swap cancel the first stomp.

Helping Hands would help sustain but why would you slot molten weapons or stupid obsidian shield?? U can drink a potion and get the same buffs .... All you do is lose damage.

That Banners ult cost is very high so you can't rely on that for ressources because your ult generation is too low.

I suggest changing the passive in a way that all magicka abilities restore more stamina and add a cd to it.

Edited by pink_panther on October 4, 2020 9:41AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From a PVE perspective stam dk just sucks. Sustain is ultra bad and you can't even make use of all passives. Stone Giant is also very clunky cause u can't swap cancel the first stomp.

Helping Hands would help sustain but why would you slot molten weapons or stupid obsidian shield?? U can drink a potion and get the same buffs .... All you do is lose damage.

That Banners ult cost is very high so you can't rely on that for ressources because your ult generation is too low.

I suggest changing the passive in a way that all magicka abilities restore more stamina and add a cd to it.

I don't understand this comment even a single bit. Sustain on stamDK is uncomparably better with other stamina classes.
    StamDKs skills consist of:
    1) Poison skills which are extremely cheap thanks to World in Ruin passive - Poison Injection, Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath. Heck, even Acid Spray (if you use this) is very cheap on stamDK.
    2) Magicka cost skills - Flames of Oblivion, Consuming Trap
    3) Stone Giant which costs 1k stamina (each stone giant procs Helping Hands) making it the cheapest spammable in whole game if we don't count Blood for Blood :lol:
    4) Volley being the only skill that actually costs considerable amounts of stamina.
    5) Executioner is cheap on its own in case you go with 2H build and don't care about keeping high uptime on Stagger.

On top of this you have Combustion and Battle Roar.

Sustain is more than fine.
    It's the low damage and clunky skills to use (Stone Giant) that makes the class bad in comparison with other stamina classes.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 4, 2020 1:13PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »
    ovp7jx46wc9b.png

I've always had stamDen as the absolute stamina bottom, even worse than DK. But I got shocked seeing this yugokapa56zx.png

At first I thought that he was using Thrassians at 50 stacks, but his max weapon damage is at 5800 which is high indeed but not at the level Thrassians would bring him to.

The title "stamina underdog" is going to be passed to DK :disappointed:

I knew sub assault was a buff but damn.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't understand this comment even a single bit. Sustain on stamDK is uncomparably better with other stamina classes.
    1) Poison skills which are extremely cheap thanks to World in Ruin passive - Poison Injection, Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath. Heck, even Acid Spray (if you use this) is very cheap on stamDK.
    3) Stone Giant which costs 1k stamina (each stone giant procs Helping Hands) making it the cheapest spammable in whole game if we don't count Blood for Blood :lol:
    4) Volley being the only skill that actually costs considerable amounts of stamina.
    5) Executioner is cheap on its own in case you go with 2H build and don't care about keeping high uptime on Stagger.

It's the low damage and clunky skills to use (Stone Giant) that makes the class bad in comparison with other stamina classes.

Stone Giant doesnt proc helping hands. Only non stamina cost abilities from earthen heart do. It used to proc helping hands but it also had a 1k higher cost then until zos changed it to not proc anymore and give it the normal spammable cost.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭

3) Stone Giant which costs 1k stamina (each stone giant procs Helping Hands) making it the cheapest spammable in whole
    That, unfortunately, is not true.
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭

Dude when was the last time u played stam DK?

Sustain is ***, try it... After 3 rotations ur dry..

Also lol did you even read helping hands? It only procs If u use earthen heart abilities that cost magicka... U can only proc it with obsidian shield and molten weapons...

• Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do a parse with stam dk and then edit your comment.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    108k parses for stamcro, stamblade and soon stamden on pts.

ZOS, best parse for stamdk has been 89k.

Time for a change maybe? Nothing on patch notes once again.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    I've mained a mdk since 2016, I don't think it's a dead class. Sure the skills are fairly costly but im still hitting 82k parses on the trial dummy

I agree magdks are still okay in PvE. My Magdk got flawless conquer, and I solo'd quite some group dungeons with my magdk. But it's completely different when doing PvP which is heavily focusing on burst and mobility.

If you do more PvP, you'll know it's far different from hitting target dummies.

Lack of burst, lack of mobility, lack of range, nerfed dots and can be cleased, high cost skills, no execute skills, etc. All make magdks bad on PvP.

Just check scores of PvP leaderboards, you'll notice how low top scored dks are compare with other classes.

Check PvP death recaps, you'll often see sorcerers, execute skills, but very rarely to see magdks. They're especially terrible on battlegrounds as there's no CP and the weaknesses of the class is more obvious.

When checking YouTube, most magdk PvP builds are very limited: usually elfbane, grothdarr, malacath ring. Still very slow...

I trust if ZOS publish some PvP statistics, it's easy to see how bad magdks are, at least in PvP.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    I've mained a mdk since 2016, I don't think it's a dead class. Sure the skills are fairly costly but im still hitting 82k parses on the trial dummy

I agree magdks are still okay in PvE. My Magdk got flawless conquer, and I solo'd quite some group dungeons with my magdk. But it's completely different when doing PvP which is heavily focusing on burst and mobility.

Magdk is excellent in questing and 4 man dungeons but they are horrible in trials. Hardest sustain and so far behind in dps that there's no need for us in vet trials anymore. Normal trials? Sure but you can do those with whatever combination anyway.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

I don't like to repeat myself (I posted this parse earlier) but here you are.

mcx8ulo1ou3s.png

As you see, my total stamina drain is 7/s meaning that in a 240s parse I ended with 1680 stamina lost. Is this what you call super ultra bad sustain? Because I would actually call this one of the best sustain I've ever seen.

It's the low damage that concerns me, not the sustain.
    *Note that this parse was done before addition of Major Vulnerability and Minor Brittle to the dummy.

Now, it's your turn to show your parse.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 6, 2020 5:49AM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mcx8ulo1ou3s.png

As you see, my total stamina drain is 7/s meaning that in a 240s parse I ended with 1680 stamina lost. Is this what you call super ultra bad sustain? Because I would actually call this one of the best sustain I've ever seen.

*Note that this parse was done before addition of Major Vulnerability and Minor Brittle to the dummy.

What monster helm? Try maw yet LMAO
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭

mcx8ulo1ou3s.png

Maw not good anymore. 100% chance for burning was fixed :). Nowadays you would get the best with either kragh or selene.
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭

And again, to be more precise. @Olupajmibanan uses charged on front bar, with deadly cloak (flame&poison infused enchant on back bar BRP dw), has two magicka skills in the rotation and that rotation is dynamic. So that is why his DK has OK sustain.

DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

(non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    satanio wrote: »

And again, to be more precise. @Olupajmibanan uses charged on front bar, with deadly cloak (flame&poison infused enchant on back bar BRP dw), has two magicka skills in the rotation and that rotation is dynamic. So that is why his DK has OK sustain.

DPS with precise 2H was very similar, we talk about merely hundreds of DPS difference.

It's the very same case as magDK with Charged Inferno. DPS difference is negligible but sustain gain is huge.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 6, 2020 7:52AM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »

mcx8ulo1ou3s.png

Maw not good anymore. 100% chance for burning was fixed :). Nowadays you would get the best with either kragh or selene.
    R.I.P lol
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mcx8ulo1ou3s.png

Have you tried running deadly, relequen, with vdsa bow back bar and Vma dw front bar. Sustain might be a bit harder but should raise your dps plenty.