Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was it ever confirmed if "tea-bagging" is against TOS now?

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if it is about 70% of PVP players will soon be banned. Wait, that is the solution to Cyrodil lag. Remove the player base! J.K.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox I noticed a de-sync where I’d crouch but not pop back up when trying to t-bag.

Very upsetting but probably for the best. I’m only like a B+ PvPer so I have no business doing it regularly.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's the in-game equivalent of a kid putting his/her thumb to his or her nose and wiggling the four remaining fingers. I simply can't fathom why anyone would get upset with this. I'm sure I've had it done to me numerous times, but I'm too busy reading the recap screen or double checking if I have a chance of being revived. Rarely if ever focus on my character. Hell, sometimes I can't even see my character due to the amount of people around. So if folk want to waste their time doing something I won't even realise they're doing, then they're free to do so.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously can't believe this is even a topic.

2020 :D:D:D

giphy.gif
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on September 23, 2020 4:02PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    What, so if I teabag the other portal DD before rezzing them it shows a lack of maturity? D:

It appears so. Apparently maturity these days is gauged by one's ability to become upset and report people over silly video game animations.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 23, 2020 4:02PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    What, so if I teabag the other portal DD before rezzing them it shows a lack of maturity? D:

It appears so. Apparently maturity these days is gauged by one's ability to become upset and report people over silly video game animations.

The ironic part is, there are some emotes that are every bit as degrading or inflammatory as the t bag animation. Not that t bagging or those emotes are degrading or inflammatory.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 23, 2020 4:04PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    I have talked to Gina and here's their official statement on the new CoC and PvP

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

She replied to you, and you alone, instead of just addressing the issue in the thread? And at 01:36 am?

I call fake.

PCNA
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish we could get an official answer from the devs "Here on the forum"
    Edited by Gilvoth on September 23, 2020 4:22PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have talked to Gina and here's their official statement on the new CoC and PvP

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

She replied to you, and you alone, instead of just addressing the issue in the thread? And at 01:36 am?

I call fake.

Before people actually believe you.
    01:36 am is because I live in europe and she did answer me, that reply is 100% real
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

I call fake.

01:36 am is because I live in europe and she did answer me, that reply is 100% real

I still don't believe it.
    PCNA
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

I call fake.

@ZOS_GinaBruno would you kindly verify that this was actually you saying this so we can put this topic to rest? Ty. B)

🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

I call fake.

Could be fake. But they did a slick job painting it, because the wording and everything sounds exactly like something she would say.

I would be curious to know if it was real or not, though. Because sometimes I have players stalk me in Cyrodil. I literally had one player who did nothing but follow me around for hours making things difficult for me. And I had no idea going out of your way to target specific people was against the rules. So I might could whisper them that post to get them to back off. haha
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

I call fake.

Why do you think I'd take the time to write myself a discord message with a fake account 13 days before this post is opened at 1:36am?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

I call fake.

Why do you think I'd take the time to write myself a discord message with a fake account 13 days before this post is opened at 1:36am?

There was another long thread about this that was locked.
    PCNA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

Thank you!

Its great to get the acknowledgement that ZOS understands that players are going to die again and again in PVP without it being griefing.
    This, even the same players, say you take an resource, an small group of enemies come from the keep to take it back, you kill them, they rez at keep and come back, same outcome :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • VoxAdActa
    VoxAdActa
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Fuzzybrick wrote: »
    It would be less of an issue if PVP wasn't limited to a zone. I'd like to see the 3 factions split to the point that if I went into an enemy faction I would be flagged. If it was world wide in eso it would be harder to grief someone... Or I should say, it would be harder to get away with griefing but that's half the fun. Best pvp memories for me were ghost running through stormwind on my warlock with 2 rogues and summoning my entire guild. Or that time I gnomish mind controlled that dwarven pally that was 30 levels higher than me was great too.... Oh different game...

But honestly, the purple faction should be crippled.

There isn't any faction loyalty... I want to love to hate my enemies again! FOR THE HORDE!

This is not WoW. And such a change should definitely be optional, because a lot of people like doing content in all zones.

How cool would that server be? I would be all over it.

Yeah, I'm sure all 34 of you would have a grand old time on an unrestricted PvP server, but I have a hard time imagining why ZOS would spend the resources for a game mode that would be less populated than a Chuck E. Cheese on a tuesday morning.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Well, if it is about 70% of PVP players will soon be banned. Wait, that is the solution to Cyrodil lag. Remove the player base! J.K.

Some men just want to watch the world banned
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    as Gina wrote, it depends on the context.

This is very diplomatic, as you have to take in account factors beyond ZOS influence, like playing on xbox live.

Here is an example, where someone (different game) was banned not by the gamepublisher, but by Microsoft.

This confirms suggestions I had read before, that the best adress to report it, is not the ESO Support, but the xbox live support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/6xrvty/i_got_banned_for_teabagging/

So Microsoft plans to acquire a studio that seemingly just officially endorsed an in-game behavior for which Microsoft issues bans?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

This is very diplomatic, as you have to take in account factors beyond ZOS influence, like playing on xbox live.

Here is an example, where someone (different game) was banned not by the gamepublisher, but by Microsoft.

This confirms suggestions I had read before, that the best adress to report it, is not the ESO Support, but the xbox live support.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/6xrvty/i_got_banned_for_teabagging/

So Microsoft plans to acquire a studio that seemingly just officially endorsed an in-game behavior for which Microsoft issues bans?

thats good enough for me.
    i eill no longer T-bag anyone.
    thank you for the insight and explain.

thats good enough for me.
    i will no longer T-bag anyone.
    thank you for the insight and explain.
    and "no" i have zero plan to ever report anyone for do it to me.
    sad day to see that this can even happen.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the in-game equivalent of a kid putting his/her thumb to his or her nose and wiggling the four remaining fingers. I simply can't fathom why anyone would get upset with this.

I see it as an in-game demonstration that someone is an immature little waste of oxygen. (as well as a clear example why people think pvp is a steaming pit of scum, to be avoided. As well as yet another sign that humanity in general may have been a mistake) And I simply can't fathom why anyone would want to do it.

But, then, I don't understand why any of the idiotic "macho" bull**** in any kind of sports & competition (like trash-talking) is accepted or seen as a positive thing.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the in-game equivalent of a kid putting his/her thumb to his or her nose and wiggling the four remaining fingers. I simply can't fathom why anyone would get upset with this.

I see it as an in-game demonstration that someone is an immature little waste of oxygen. (as well as a clear example why people think pvp is a steaming pit of scum, to be avoided. As well as yet another sign that humanity in general may have been a mistake) And I simply can't fathom why anyone would want to do it.

But, then, I don't understand why any of the idiotic "macho" bull**** in any kind of sports & competition (like trash-talking) is accepted or seen as a positive thing.

the reason for t-bag is the same reason football players do a small dance at the touchdown.
    "its to celebrate i did a good job even tho all the insults and people claimed i could not"
    "its a victory dance showing and pride that i won even though i was told i was garbage"

but now that we have Proof that this is something bannable worthy i will never do it again, and i will not report anyone that does it to me.
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    VoxAdActa wrote: »
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Fuzzybrick wrote: »
    It would be less of an issue if PVP wasn't limited to a zone. I'd like to see the 3 factions split to the point that if I went into an enemy faction I would be flagged. If it was world wide in eso it would be harder to grief someone... Or I should say, it would be harder to get away with griefing but that's half the fun. Best pvp memories for me were ghost running through stormwind on my warlock with 2 rogues and summoning my entire guild. Or that time I gnomish mind controlled that dwarven pally that was 30 levels higher than me was great too.... Oh different game...

But honestly, the purple faction should be crippled.

There isn't any faction loyalty... I want to love to hate my enemies again! FOR THE HORDE!

This is not WoW. And such a change should definitely be optional, because a lot of people like doing content in all zones.

How cool would that server be? I would be all over it.

Yeah, I'm sure all 34 of you would have a grand old time on an unrestricted PvP server, but I have a hard time imagining why ZOS would spend the resources for a game mode that would be less populated than a Chuck E. Cheese on a tuesday morning.

That was my original point.... If it were "open world" it should be easier on their servers.

Butt... If I could level from 1 to 810 in one of the 3 and still get everything I needed as well (instead of 1/3rd soulshard each time one is found, you would get a full soulshard) then we can trash those guild traders while we were at it and put a global auction that would actually improve the market seeing as sets would only drop on specific areas... And heck... While we are at it lets do away with the 5 guilds that everyone seems to think is a great thing...
    One guild.
    One alliance.
    One trader.
    Come on man,
    let's make Tamriel great again!
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And yet your slew of insults are somehow considered mature?
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, while I'm a staunch opponent of that behaviour, I might be happy with a middle ground of sorts ...

Make the behaviour risky. Implement an item (make it expensive/hard to get so it's uncommon) that detect when a player does a teabag over your corpse. Then, it explode, killing the player in question and taking an item at random in his inventory.

Teabag if you want, but eventually, suffer the consequences.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

ZoS doesn't officially endorse anything in private Discord conversations. If any employee did, they would probably be strongly reprimanded, if not fired. Any official ruling would be announced officially.

This is fake.
    PCNA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cyrodiil getting t bag a regular thing or is it just because I play nb 😭

You get bagged if;

1. You're a Night Blade.
    2. You use a Bow.
    3. You attempt to gank and fail.
    4. You just lose.
    5. It's fun to them.
    6. You complained in a whisper.

They come up with any reason really. What's funny to me is WHO does it. I can be jumped by 3 to 5 people while I'm alone and the one player who didn't get a hit in will bag.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i liked it better in daoc when you killed someone the whole server was informed of your victory and your enemies shame..this teabagging/hatewhisper crap is lightweight.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they disabled this.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that teabags a player that died while outnumbered should be permabanned.

The only thing more annoying than being teabagged by an opponent that outnumbered you is the use of the word "triggered", which they 100% will respond with if you say anything to them after they teabag.

"Hey, you teabagged me even though I was 1v6?"

"OMG ur triggered!"

"1v1?"

"LOL TRIGGERED"
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
This discussion has been closed.