The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Set Collections! Inventory/Bank Space at last :D

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
weeeeeeee
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it something to do with the stream. I switched to playing division 2. Is the stream still going. 😂
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing, finally you can get rid of bound armor you're not using but still have access to it by reconstructing it if you want to use it in the future using transmute crystals. You will also be able to change the traits as well when you do that is how I am understanding it.

Edited by carly on September 19, 2020 8:49PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it something to do with the stream. I switched to playing division 2. Is the stream still going. 😂

yup
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you deconstruct a reconstructed item - it will refund you everything it cost INCLUDING the Transmute crystals!
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They copied Destiny 2 which ruined farming. It's a lazy addition.
    It's not about being unoriginal, it's about them eliminating farming, ruining the economy with additions like this...
    Edited by SpiderKnight on September 19, 2020 9:13PM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    If you deconstruct a reconstructed item - it will refund you everything it cost INCLUDING the Transmute crystals!

That's a really nice thing. 😯
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you see the part where it cost 75 transmute stones PER ITEM?

Expect to see transmute stones in the crown store. You heard it here.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 20, 2020 12:25AM
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Transmute crystal cap being increased by '5 times'! So 500 cap for non subscribers and 1000 for eso subscribers.
    Edited by carly on September 19, 2020 8:52PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's pretty cool!

And transmute crystal cap will be increased.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

Expect to see transmute stones in the crown store. You heard it hear.
    The cost per item goes down the more pieces of a set you add to the collection.

PLUS...

The cap on transmute crystals jumps to 500 or 1000 for subs
    Edited by tinythinker on September 19, 2020 8:52PM

• Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should be watching. Rob just gives good news
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They copied Destiny 2. It's a lazy addition.
    With raised crystals cap it's a tremendous QOL addition. So what if another game did things right before ESO did?
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

PLUS...

You will be able to buy them on the crown store within 6 months, you watch. None of this matters.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The cost goes down the more items from a particular set you have collected, but a lower cap of 25 stones.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He seems like a really great dev. I just had a hankering to play some div. lol
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PLUS...

You will be able to buy them on the crown store within 6 months, you watch. None of this matters.

They sell everything in the Crown Store.

But saying "none of this matters"? If you want, you can do skip this system. Just keep putting stuff on alts and in the bank/ Yet if you want, you can get rid of things without having to re-farm them.

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever you do, DO NOT do this with items you have upgraded to Gold, because you won't get those mats back!! It will copy the item to the list as a green item, so if you sell or deconstruct that Gold item, you will loose all those Materials and then have to use more to upgrade those items again!!

So be very, very careful. It will be good for zone, dungeon and trials items that you may not use for a while, but that's it!! It's not an actual bank or inventory space.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why would anyone buy them? They're extremely easy to get.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea...he could not answer whether or not this was account-wide. Some lead dev rofl.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    With raised crystals cap it's a tremendous QOL addition. So what if another game did things right before ESO did?

Yeah we should get rid of housing, fishing, the white-green-purple-yellow quality system, etc. because they've been done before too. It's fair to believe that ZOS deserves criticism for some of its decisions and priorities, but who cares if not everything they add is 100% original?

• pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

Why would anyone buy them? They're extremely easy to get.

So is a vampire bite. So is a vampire cure.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not complaining about them copying D2, I'm noting this made things lazy and reduced player numbers in areas because there was no reason to farm. Not to mention, goodbye money making opportunities.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, DO NOT do this with items you have upgraded to Gold, because you won't get those mats back!! It will copy the item to the list as a green item, so if you sell or deconstruct that Gold item, you will loose all those Materials and then have to use more to upgrade those items again!!

So be very, very careful. It will be good for zone, dungeon and trials items that you may not use for a while, but that's it!! It's not an actual bank or inventory space.

Being able to decon everything up to Purple that I have in inventory is going to be a great improvement to my inventory health.
    The Moot Councillor
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

Yup, he was clear that this isn't the same as inventory space. But it does clear up inventory space for people holding onto items for fear of having to then wish they had it and farm for it again. That's going to be good for many players. I mean, no one has to use this system, but it could be nice QoL change.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not complaining about them copying D2, I'm noting this made things lazy and reduced player numbers in areas because there was no reason to farm. Not to mention, goodbye money making opportunities.

OK, that wasn't clear from saying "it's a lazy decision." I can definitely see fewer people going back to zones to re-farm things, but I don't know how much that account right now for a percentage of zone activity.

• SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭

Dude, it's literally a game changer, who cares if they got the idea from somewhere else? And I wouldn't say lazy, that would have taken a lot of work.

This is one hell of a shot in the arm for the game.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said they'll make it slightly easier to get transmute crystals in PvE.

I wasn't excited about this feature until they said that. I'm mostly a PvE player (although I have a PvP character as well). You can easily get 10 times the number of transmute crystals in PvP as you can in PvE currently, and I never thought that was fair. Looks like they're changing that, though, so thank you, kind ZOS people. <3
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    the concern is what will this do to the price of currently desired overland gear sets. Just buy the crappiest version of it, and recon it on your crafter to the desired trait. No more 300k precise inferno sorrow staves. Give me that green defending infer sorrow staff for 200gold. Let me recon it as the precise one. Seems like a blow to merchants.
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great addition. I can now fulfil my hoarding habit through the sticker book instead of having 4 alts for storing gear.

A few things to consider.

If it counts for your sticker book simply by having a bound item on you, can you pull a Burning Spellweave Inferno staff, pass it to your other 3 group members so they all get the sticker?

Never hold onto multiple sets for multiple alts. Have one set of perfected false god? Well you now have as many sets as you want. Outfit all your alts in reconstructed gear over time and any time you want to change them, each piece of gear basically pays for the next set. Yes, there is a high initial cost to get that reconstructed set, but each future change is of minimal transmute cost.

It has a free trait change included. Pulled a new arena weapon, but it's charged instead of sharpened like you wanted? Just reconstruct a new version (for potentially only 25 crystals, which is half of what you'd pay normally). Yes you need to upgrade it, but you may have been doing that anyway.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know right suddenly I be like time to turn game on! Also he plays console so you can see some nice quality of life things inspired for that. I like new inventory management even as pc player