Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 18 - Bug Reports for Summerset (Zone & Content)

• HawkWind2018
    HawkWind2018
    Soul Shriven
    When I entered College of Sapiarchs Labyrinth, Valsirenn was there but invisible and unable to be communicated with. Also, invisible were the NPC's, which attacked me relentlessly. I was unable to see them, nor attack them with AOE. Tried refreshing screen a number of times, and re-entering the instance. Nothing worked.

same for me :'(
  • HawkWind2018
    HawkWind2018
    Soul Shriven
    aysen wrote: »

Bug 2 - The Tower Sentinels - "Talk to Valsirenn". Entered College of Sapiarchs (very long load time). Valsirenn was targetable but invisible, enemies also invisible. Could not talk to her when pressed (A). Reloaded, same thing (invisible and cant talk). Swapped characters, reloaded and was OK from there.

Encountered the same problem, long loading time etc. Abandoned quest and re-did the steps up to this point. Load time was normal and it was fixed.

wow really ? B)
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20180506_104640.png?width=1214&height=683

Item failed to be placed. Unable to place any Busts, Mementos, or Trophies.
    EDIT: Brother also has the same issue.
    BuggedTrophies.png?width=810&height=683
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on May 6, 2018 12:53AM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Lucas23gfc
    Lucas23gfc
    Soul Shriven
    Good Evening All, really enjoying this chapter so far and have spent a little bit of time exploring this fantastic lamdscape. In terms of bugs I have noticed a few things:
    - The NPC Hengolar at one stage had his hand through his leg when sitting on a chair.
    - A Yaghra Monstrosity got stuck in a rock after being defeated and once destroying the pearl loot couldn’t be retrieved.
    - Lastly and maybe classed as spoilers but during “Pearls Before Traitors” the justiciar avanaire next to the pearl was stuck from waist down into the floor and became non-functional or interactive

Sorry but I was unable to take screenshots this time around, I’ll be able to do so soon. Hope this helps
  • shadowchb
    shadowchb
    Soul Shriven
    Inoki wrote: »
    Quest:
    Old Wounds, Observe Lorne's Spell

What happened:
    She just keeps channeling but nothing happens after the first two corpses.

Workaround:
    Exit the house.

Other:
    Massive frame drops afterwards in the area.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I observed Lorne's spell, only the first victim's story was shown, the spell force display from Lorne continued, but nothing else happened. Left the house, got a message that the quest had failed, and then I was directed to talk to Lorne and the quest continued.
  • RavenMind1
    Bug 2 - The Tower Sentinels - "Talk to Valsirenn". Entered College of Sapiarchs (very long load time). Valsirenn was targetable but invisible, enemies also invisible. Could not talk to her when pressed (A). Reloaded, same thing (invisible and cant talk). Swapped characters, reloaded and was OK from there.

Experiencing the same behavior. PC, All NPCs invisible, though they can attack & kill me, I can't fight them. Valsirenn is targetable, but am unable to interact. Extremely long load time upon entering the College Labyrinth. NPC dialog (daedra talking amongst themselves) was inaudible.

Unloaded all add-ons, reloaded UI, exited & re-entered, completely quit & relaunched. Getting same behavior.

Edit: Interestingly, as I was posting this, I moved to the spot where my reticle is pointed next to the door, and suddenly the NPCs appeared, I could interact with Valsirenn, and could hear the daedra. Nothing different was done to trigger this except moving the player character to where the reticle is in the screenshot. Glad now I didn't abandon the quest!

Edit-2: Re-enabled my add-ons & did a /reloadui. The load time was GREATLY improved, even with 20+ add-ons being re-enabled, and luckily Valsirenn was still there.
    Edited by RavenMind1 on May 7, 2018 10:28AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abyssal Geysers - Named Boss Loot

Patch Note 4.0.0 says,
    Fighting a Yaghra Monstrosity provides a guaranteed Ring or Necklace in either the Grace of Gloom, Gryphon's Ferocity, or Wisdom of Vanus item sets, among other loot.
    Fighting one of the named Bosses guarantees the Ring or Necklace will be at least Blue quality, and sometimes Purple quality.

This isn't happening. I just killed two of the named bosses, Tidewrack and Eejoba the Radiant, at Abyssal Geyser Wellenkin,and neither of them dropped any jewelry.

PC EU
  • david_sgt83b14_ESO
    Just had this happen to me. Entered the Labyrinth, during The Tower Sentinals quest and was supposed to talk to Valsirren, after I got through the door, except she wasn't visible. I saw the E light up and the arrow showing where she should be, but wasn't able to do anything. Used /bug to report it, after taking a screenshot and attaching it, to the report. I had to close out the game, because it hung on submitting, for 4 to 5 minutes.
    PC/NA
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had this happen to me. Entered the Labyrinth, during The Tower Sentinals quest and was supposed to talk to Valsirren, after I got through the door, except she wasn't visible. I saw the E light up and the arrow showing where she should be, but wasn't able to do anything. Used /bug to report it, after taking a screenshot and attaching it, to the report. I had to close out the game, because it hung on submitting, for 4 to 5 minutes.

This happens there a lot to most people.
    I have no idea why they haven't fixed it or even acknowledged it.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Patch Note 4.0.0 says,
    Fighting a Yaghra Monstrosity provides a guaranteed Ring or Necklace in either the Grace of Gloom, Gryphon's Ferocity, or Wisdom of Vanus item sets, among other loot.
    Fighting one of the named Bosses guarantees the Ring or Necklace will be at least Blue quality, and sometimes Purple quality.

This isn't happening. I just killed two of the named bosses, Tidewrack and Eejoba the Radiant, at Abyssal Geyser Wellenkin,and neither of them dropped any jewelry.

In the case of the named bosses,
    I think the reward from the chest (or giant clam shell in this case) at the end of the event is meant in the patch note...

As for the Yagra Monstrosities, can confirm that the 2 I did encounter since the patch did drop a green ring...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »

Patch Note 4.0.0 says,

In the case of the named bosses,
    I think the reward from the chest (or giant clam shell in this case) at the end of the event is meant in the patch note...

As for the Yagra Monstrosities, can confirm that the 2 I did encounter since the patch did drop a green ring...

The patch note goes on to say,
    Regardless of which Boss you fight, at the end of the Geyser, you'll be able to open a Shell Trove for additional rewards: another Set Ring or Necklace, a chance at Psijic Motif chapters, and a chance at unique clammy furnishings.

Note the key word "another". We should be getting 2 rings/necklaces - one off the boss, one out of the shell trove. I only got the ring/necklace from the shell trove.
    PC EU
  • liubotob14_ESO
    liubotob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    hard crash of the latest PTS client update (5/9) upon launch on mac (imac pro 2017 os x 10.13.3 Radeon Vega 64)
    client crashes only on this station, works on oldver iMac pro so it could be GPU related.

long bug report text that i can provide if needed. here is the highlight for the offending thread:

Thread 41 Crashed:
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010a1c7fc0 hkReferencedObject::addReference() const + 48
    1 ??? 0x000000000001ffff 0 + 131071

Thread 42:
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010a1c7fc0 hkReferencedObject::addReference() const + 48
    1 ??? 0x000000000001ffff 0 + 131071

Thread 41 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
    rax: 0x0000000000000000 rbx: 0x000070000b558c80 rcx: 0x0000000000000010 rdx: 0x0000000000000000
    rdi: 0x000000000000010a rsi: 0x0000000000000000 rbp: 0x000070000b558a98 rsp: 0x000070000b558a30
    r8: 0x000070000b558ab0 r9: 0x0000000000000040 r10: 0x000000010e0ab028 r11: 0xffffffffffffffff
    r12: 0x000000010dfaef90 r13: 0x000070000b558ab0 r14: 0x00007fb7d7836a60 r15: 0x000070000b558ab0
    rip: 0x000000010a1c7fc0 rfl: 0x0000000000010246 cr2: 0x0000000000000078

Logical CPU: 14
    Error Code: 0x00000004
    Trap Number: 14
  • DavidJCobb
    DavidJCobb
    Soul Shriven
    Tutorial exit can interfere with looting final boss
    When fighting the final boss during the Summerset tutorial quest (the mind trap business), you're very likely to kill that boss exactly where it spawns -- which is also where the Abyssal Pearl appears. The boss is lootable and may have items on its corpse, but you're very likely to activate the Pearl while trying to interact with the boss, and activating the Pearl boots you out of the tutorial environment forever.

Gamepad UI: having attribute points to spend can cause the skills menu to close improperly
    With the gamepad UI enabled, level up and don't spend your attribute points. Open the pause menu, and then the Skills submenu. You will be prompted to spend your attribute points. Now, use your "close all menus" button (usually the Start button) to exit the prompt. A skills info pane may remain on-screen. This is not consistent (I think maybe you have to manage to "scroll" the skills menu as the attribute point prompt is appearing?), but I got it to happen more than once, and I've never seen it in the game's stable/release build.

Video (YouTube, unlisted)

Camera placement issue when pausing with a max-height character
    Create an Altmer woman with the maximum possible character height, and assign her the Duchess personality. Walk outdoors. Pause the game. The camera won't be positioned far back enough, or high enough, to show the full character model; her head will be cut off the top of the screen.

Image (Imgur, unlisted)

UPDATE: I wasn't able to reproduce this in a later session. It originally occurred in the same session that I spent customizing my outfit extensively and purchasing vampirism.
    Edited by DavidJCobb on May 11, 2018 4:59AM
  • DavidJCobb
    DavidJCobb
    Soul Shriven
    Tall characters can clip through some spaces
    There is a set of shelving near The Glass Thimble, one of the crafting shops in Alinor, that is high enough off the ground to accommodate most characters. Exceptionally tall characters, however, will clip through them, with character models severed at the neck. My test-case is an Altmer woman, max height.

I honestly wouldn't mind if height affected collision at least in these more extreme cases (evidently it doesn't) and I simply had to crouch/sneak to get under some things. It would be less immersion-breaking, though the problem as-is is understandable.

Image (Imgur, unlisted)

Hair change when previewing outfit modifications
    If your character is set to use "No Hairstyle," which I believe is one of the "hairstyles" included with a hairstyle pack in the Crown Store, then this setting will not be honored when previewing outfit changes. Specifically, if you're at an Outfit Station and have any unsaved changes to styles or dyes, your character will use their original hair. The "No Hairstyle" hair will display properly once all pending outfit changes are committed and paid for, or canceled.

I have a video, but it may not be the clearest example because my character's original hair is shaved per the character creation option (as opposed to spotlessly bald per "No Hairstyles"). In fact, when I first selected "No Hairstyle," it was in an attempt to reset her to her default hair -- and I thought I had until this bug made me double-check!

Video (YouTube, unlisted)

Non-solid backpack in Alinor
    The backpack in the background of this image, next to the bench, is non-solid and cannot be interacted with. It's located near the two Justiciars handing out repeatable quests. Image is shot from a distance in an attempt to capture something recognizable that visually indicates the overall location.

Image (Imgur, unlisted)
    Edited by DavidJCobb on May 11, 2018 5:25AM
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Quest : A Necessary Alliance

In the section of tunnel past where the player speaks with Nocturnal's Earl, I experienced a movement bug. In the middle of a fight with 3 monsters a I got stuck against the wall. In trying to unstuck myself I instead started walking on air up to the ceiling of the tunnel until I hit an invisible wall.

I teleported to a wayshrine to resolve the issue and was able to continue thru the tunnel without issue.
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset Main Quest line: Since the last maintenance I was able to complete the whole quest line without serious issue blocking progression. I do want to mention that 2 or 3 players today in zone chat were complaining about the same problem I had in The Two Sentinel quest in the dungeon section that involved long load time, all monsters and npcs invisible and other players as black-colored paper dolls.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a bug here somewhere but I'm not sure of the extent of it...

A template character I was using just got three Skill Points from "The Queen's Decree", but I'm pretty sure the reward screen doesn't mention any. So the bug is either:
    • The Queen's Decree reward screen is not showing the Skill Point rewards
    • The Queen's Decree is rewarding three Skill Points when it shouldn't be
    • There's something screwy with the template and the Skill Points aren't being allocated properly

I'll have a check this week on a "new" character and an "existing" character, to see what (if any) they get as Skill Point rewards from that quest. We don't want another unintentional Skill Point to go through to Live like it did last year...
    Edited by Enodoc on May 13, 2018 9:25PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    There's a bug here somewhere but I'm not sure of the extent of it...

A template character I was using just got three Skill Points from "The Queen's Decree", but I'm pretty sure the reward screen doesn't mention any. So the bug is either:
    • The Queen's Decree reward screen is not showing the Skill Point rewards
    • The Queen's Decree is rewarding three Skill Points when it shouldn't be
    • There's something screwy with the template and the Skill Points aren't being allocated properly

I'll have a check this week on a "new" character and an "existing" character, to see what (if any) they get as Skill Point rewards from that quest. We don't want another unintentional Skill Point to go through to Live like it did last year...
    Looks like this was luckily just a bug with template characters. I completed the quest again on an existing (copied) character and a new character, and there were no skill points rewarded.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Grantdalf
    Grantdalf
    Soul Shriven
    I encountered 2 visual bugs and my game crashed. This was on a new character for the PTS.

During the Queen's Decree my game crashed (locked loading screen) when I activated the "door" (elevator/portal on the ground) under the tower in Artaeum, after I talked to the head Psijic guy (forgot his name already lol) when I first arrived. Not sure how to report this, since I had to restart my computer because I couldn't "Alt-Tab" out or use "Alt-F4". However I could still see my windows menu when hitting the windows key and restart it.

While walking around I couldn't help but notice this NPC standing over his dead body. I haven't played in a while, so as far as I know it could just be how things are if an NPC is killed? Going through a loading screen corrected this.
    h5qh7cnrzaf8.png

When switching weapons my character model didn't reflect the change, inside or outside the menu. This only occurred once and was fixed when going through a loading screen.
    s42cmcziwwrz.png
    Edited by Grantdalf on May 15, 2018 5:40AM
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this is correct thread! Probably reported already but here goes.

Welwa clipping in to rocks / cliff near Alinor;

https://youtu.be/f4aKtYx6yjQ

Yeah - the tutorial thing - reused resource!

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssal Cabal: Grog's spoken lines are completely different from the text in the dialogue box. Said something about remembering me, a bucket and getting the smell out of his tunic.

Losts at Sea: I reported this bug during 4.0.2 I believe, during the fight at the beach with the old man firing the ballista, one of the mages attacking started blinking during combat.

Side note; Its a pity Uncle Sheo wasn't involved in the events of Illumination Academy.
  • CyprusDuMont
    CyprusDuMont
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if this was intended or not but during the final battle when Nocturnal's Earl goes through their second transformation they stop attacking and no other monsters came out to attack me. In fact I stood in one spot set up constant zone related attacks and just kept attacking and not moving while it hovered above me.
  • Idleplucker
    Idleplucker
    Soul Shriven
    Just worked through Ebon Stadmont, liked it very much but found it difficult to get focus on the portals. Lot of mousing around to get the markers to appear.
  • PeteyByrd
    PeteyByrd
    Soul Shriven
    Can not equip a Mundus Stone. In both mouse and keyboard and controller mode, after I press accept the animation won't happen and my buffs and stats do not change.
  • Idleplucker
    Idleplucker
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if this is a bug as such, but it’s very frustrating. Over the last few days I’ve dropped connection nearly every time I was careless enough to get myself killed, and also frequently when using a waypoint to travel. When I logged back in after a dropout I was sometimes at my start location, sometimes at the destination. I’d been having difficulty over the last few months on the live server as well, noticed that others were also having the same problem. Thought it might be because my ISP doesn’t make a static line available to domestic accounts.
    I’m not trying to raise this as a request for assistance - it’s the wrong place for that anyway - but just flagging it up to let you know it’s happening in case you weren’t aware.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucas23gfc wrote: »
    Good Evening All, really enjoying this chapter so far and have spent a little bit of time exploring this fantastic lamdscape. In terms of bugs I have noticed a few things:
    - The NPC Hengolar at one stage had his hand through his leg when sitting on a chair.
    - A Yaghra Monstrosity got stuck in a rock after being defeated and once destroying the pearl loot couldn’t be retrieved.
    - Lastly and maybe classed as spoilers but during “Pearls Before Traitors” the justiciar avanaire next to the pearl was stuck from waist down into the floor and became non-functional or interactive

Sorry but I was unable to take screenshots this time around, I’ll be able to do so soon. Hope this helps

This is still a bug in July 2020.
  • SapphireAngel_77
    SapphireAngel_77
    Soul Shriven
    I've tried to do the Pearls Before Traitors quest three times. The quest marker is stuck on the entrance to the delve after you accept the quest. I've tried grabbing the quest before I enter. I've tried grabbing it when I read the letter then talking to the npc. The quest marker fills in white and doesn't move from the delve entrance. Also, after going through the whole delve and getting to the room where the pearl is, Justiciar Avanaire is nowhere to be found. She doesn't spawn. You hear her talk but never see her.
  • Vad220894
    Vad220894
    Soul Shriven
    After the quest "Pearls Before Traitors" the lore book called "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire" isn't located at the boss chamber and now i can't complete my lorebook collection , please fix this bug