The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 18 - Bug Reports for Summerset (Zone & Content)

• Dorireus
    Dorireus
    Soul Shriven
    I ran into a bug that does not let me stay logged in game. Each time I try to enter game with char, graphics crash my machine.

It started while I was in Red Catacombs and buying items from crown store. After that, it looks as my character is standing in the stone behind a sarcophagus and each time it tries to adjust or I try to move everything crashes, game freezes and red screen appears (assuming it is graphic processing error).

Char Name is Mossor-Junior, account Dorireus -- try loading the char yourself if you can. :)

Edit:
    I tried to log on again and I was able to continue my adventure ;)
    I did noticed that my char was slightliy standing in different position, so... :D
    Edited by Dorireus on April 20, 2018 5:01PM
  • nordic_two
    Character creation: I created a female Altmer and the Basic Gear choice did not work, it showed no gear at all.

Tutorial:
    I ran around looking for weapons and armor and found some missing options:
    no leg armor of any kind
    no light helm, chest, shoulder, feet
    no medium waist, shoulder, chest
    no heavy waist

When I went to quit the game the confirmation window had a bugged graphic and no text (and gave an LUA error).
  • gezginrocker
    gezginrocker
    ✭✭✭
    I've just installed the beta and it's completely unplayable for me. The graphics is broken, it's constantly distorting and stuttering.

But the strange thing is, I captured gameplay to post here, but the video is perfectly fine, it's just normal gameplay as opposed to my real experience.

I'm playing on a laptop with AMD R5 M230/Intel HD 4600 dual graphics card, Intel Core i5-4200M CPU and 8gb of RAM.

The normal game runs without any problems at medium settings with about 25 FPS.
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    nordic_two wrote: »
    Character creation: I created a female Altmer and the Basic Gear choice did not work, it showed no gear at all.

Well spotted! My post up thread has a video about other issue with character create and clearly shows the lack of novice gear. How'd I miss that? :smiley:

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Branders
    Branders
    Soul Shriven
    Like a few others, I'm having issues with A Queen's Decree on an existing character. I accept the quest but when I travel to Summerset, it doesn't update. I've tried logging in and out, abandoning the quest and reaccepting it and attempting to get to Summerset from each of the cities that have access. I've also went to the place where Razum-Dar is for new characters and he isn't there (there wasn't a quest marker but I knew from starting a new character).

ETA: I logged out and in at the place where Razum Dar is and he appeared and it updated the quest.
    Edited by Branders on April 20, 2018 6:43PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugs:

1) I chose to create a new template character and chose to go to the new tutorial to start, but it skipped it anyway and sent me straight to Shimmerene just outside the gates.

2) The colossal aldmeri grotto house has at least a couple bugs. The roof is mostly invisible to my character despite having graphics set to high and moving view distance from 40 to full 100. There is one big central rock above the ship directly that I can see in one end of from the very top of the place with the back piece of a ship. It is obviously something drawing wrogn with the roof.
    There are also some polished pews right inside the cabin of the ship in the furnished version that are backwards. They are facing the wall instead of the tables in front of them so your characters sits facing the wall. My character was on its best behavior lately so it shouldn't be treated this way. hehe
    I still want the house on live ASAP though despite these bugs.

3) The camera in first person now moves unnaturally and oddly. It has been for months moving slightly up in position when you move around in first person versus standing still, but now it does so when your idle animation changes in default idle while a personality is equipped. It's disconcerting and also the same reason I disabled the "head bob" setting.

4) In the equipment boxes we were given, "Precise" weapons that grant critical chance are listed at 7000% critical chance buff, but the actual value is thankfully normal at 7%. I would have loved guaranteed crit, but I'm glad it's just a typo rather than a full on bug.

5) Sorcerer Lightning Flood, with ground targeting set to "automatic", is causing issue with inability to fire off lightning staff heavy attacks after placing Lightning Flood, often. This seems to occur even if you cast Lightning Flood then Blockade of Elements(I know probably wrong order) and then heavy attack.

6) I have not tested it enough on PTS yet but also on Live it is very common, Nightblades' Refreshing Path commonly has issues with "invalid location" where it doesn't place on the ground in front of you due to terrain. It still seems to heal the character for the duration oddly enough. I'm unsure if it damages enemies but it definitely does not show any graphics on the ground.
    This happens most often when facing a wall within 8 meters or with many medium sized rocks in the path which the character may even be standing on. The rocks are enough to cause clunky movement and thus cause this error.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 20, 2018 9:37PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When riding a mount (cave bear) throughout Summerset, the video ocassionally flickers, then I am thrown off my mount. This occurs in the city when riding up stairs, in the wild close to boulders, etc.

I've been thrown off my mount a lot without flickering on stairs and through archways in Alinor. It seems to behave the same way as the archway outside the fighter's guild in Riften in The Rift. That also dismounts you for no apparent reason as you can remount within the courtyard.

I think they need to rethink the "you cannot mount here" boundaries just like they sometimes need to rethink the slaughterfish boundaries.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Tooltip bug for Dragon Fire Scale

eso64-2018-04-19-10-33-24.png

These four randomly poof while in the midst of a conversation, on the bridge before reaching the castle in Alinor
    eso64-2018-04-18-20-09-43.png
    eso64-2018-04-18-20-09-58.png

I noticed that with a khajiit and a high elf where the high elf was implying he wanted moon sugar or skooma and the khajiit was the upstanding "sweetroll seller". They kind of restarted quickly as I at first backed off when they appeared then got closer to examine the situation. The voice-over actually repeated and overlapped for a bit, making it nearly impossible to follow the conversation at first.
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Bugs:

1) I chose to create a new template character and chose to go to the new tutorial to start, but it skipped it anyway and sent me straight to Shimmerene just outside the gates.

2) The colossal aldmeri grotto house has at least a couple bugs. The roof is mostly invisible to my character despite having graphics set to high and moving view distance from 40 to full 100. There is one big central rock above the ship directly that I can see in one end of from the very top of the place with the back piece of a ship. It is obviously something drawing wrogn with the roof.
    There are also some polished pews right inside the cabin of the ship in the furnished version that are backwards. They are facing the wall instead of the tables in front of them so your characters sits facing the wall. My character was on its best behavior lately so it shouldn't be treated this way. hehe
    I still want the house on live ASAP though despite these bugs.

3) The camera in first person now moves unnaturally and oddly. It has been for months moving slightly up in position when you move around in first person versus standing still, but now it does so when your idle animation changes in default idle while a personality is equipped. It's disconcerting and also the same reason I disabled the "head bob" setting.

4) In the equipment boxes we were given, "Precise" weapons that grant critical chance are listed at 7000% critical chance buff, but the actual value is thankfully normal at 7%. I would have loved guaranteed crit, but I'm glad it's just a typo rather than a full on bug.

5) Sorcerer Lightning Flood, with ground targeting set to "automatic", is causing issue with inability to fire off lightning staff heavy attacks after placing Lightning Flood, often. This seems to occur even if you cast Lightning Flood then Blockade of Elements(I know probably wrong order) and then heavy attack.

6) I have not tested it enough on PTS yet but also on Live it is very common, Nightblades' Refreshing Path commonly has issues with "invalid location" where it doesn't place on the ground in front of you due to terrain. It still seems to heal the character for the duration oddly enough. I'm unsure if it damages enemies but it definitely does not show any graphics on the ground.
    This happens most often when facing a wall within 8 meters or with many medium sized rocks in the path which the character may even be standing on. The rocks are enough to cause clunky movement and thus cause this error.

This is the zone and content bug @Mystrius_Archaion - maybe try to post your bug in Sorcerer balance, and everything else. This is not the correct thread. sry
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Bug

There is no Eveyea/Forge portals in both Fighter/Mage guilds of Alinor and Smemersene (sp).
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Branders wrote: »
    Like a few others, I'm having issues with A Queen's Decree on an existing character. I accept the quest but when I travel to Summerset, it doesn't update. I've tried logging in and out, abandoning the quest and reaccepting it and attempting to get to Summerset from each of the cities that have access. I've also went to the place where Razum-Dar is for new characters and he isn't there (there wasn't a quest marker but I knew from starting a new character).

ETA: I logged out and in at the place where Razum Dar is and he appeared and it updated the quest.

This is the Zone and Content Thread @Branders - maybe post your problem in the Summerset Main quest thread ?
  • DavidJCobb
    DavidJCobb
    Soul Shriven
    Voice issues in Whispers from the Deep
    Several lines that are meant to be heard "remotely," i.e. as voiceovers, are silent and can only be seen through subtitles. This includes Oriandra's first lines to Cainar, her lines when discovering Grog, and K'Tora(?)'s voiceover.

Separately from that issue, Grog's post-quest-completion line is, "What about the mind traps? There might still be more out there." In context, the question seems to be intended as the construct "What about [this thing that you seem to be overlooking or have failed to provide sufficient answers for]?" However, the inflection used in the voice acting suggests the meaning "What did you say? I didn't quite hear you."

Minor cosmetic landscape issue
    This is very minor, but I'm reporting it here due to space constraints in the in-game form. There's a rock spire that you can walk and jump up; it offers no gameplay advantages and doesn't allow for any exploits. However, it's a really good screenshot location--ruined by bad collision and foot IK.

Images (Imgur, unlisted album)
  • GopherTheMad
    GopherTheMad
    Soul Shriven
    Definitely a bug: NPC Valnalmarin does not speak to the player even though there is a "Talk" prompt to interact with NPC. If you are too far away it will still display "Target is out of range". (Note: This NPC's collision and patching is working. NPC also able to be killed fine enough.)

Bug: Pool-like teleporters on Artaeum give the prompt to select far beyod the target area. (IE: You can be about 4 paces away from the pool and select "Travel to..." but you will get an error stating that it is out of range.) Suggestion for fix would be to limit the distance from the pool that "Travel to...." can be selected, or increase the target diameter to the point it is giving the prompt.

This was also noticed by Striken7
    Striken7 wrote: »
    • The portals in Ceporah Tower have a range smaller than is implied. The prompt to “Use” the portals should come up only if a player is close enough to actually use them.

Bug (NPC pathing): Valsirenn seems to get lost in the sinkhole when she says, "This way! Up here!" She wanders around a bit, crouches down, wanders a bit more, and then you are able to speak to her.

Bug: Nedorial dying animation begins before Raz draws his weapon.

Level design comment: Invisible walls in sinkhole feel unnatural and out of character for the series. Perhaps a visible cue would help (IE: tall rocks that cannot be climbed.)

Video documented Bugs (See: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxqf169nlrhtq69/Elder Scrolls Online 2018.04.21 - 16.44.17.04.mp4?dl=0 )
    Bug?: No drops from Yaghras of any mutation. Only item drops in the sinkhole come from the boss and salamanders. Also in Zone there seem to be no drops at least during the quest "Pearl of Great Price". (See video)

Bug: Veil of Blades ability did not remain stationary. It instead followed me after casting. (Near end of vid)

(PS. I was pleasantly surprised at the name of the second mission, "A Pearl of Great Price." It is certainly fitting for the story, but an interesting reference to use for sure. High five to the person that named the quest. I enjoy obscure historical/religious references.)
    Edited by GopherTheMad on April 21, 2018 11:36PM
  • EngineeringElf
    EngineeringElf
    ✭✭✭

Bug?: No drops from Yaghras of any mutation. Only item drops in the sinkhole come from the boss and salamanders.

I was wondering about this as well. During the "Buried Memories" quest while in the Psijic Relic Vaults I was getting no exp. or loot from any of the Yaghra's. Mobs in K'Tora's Mindscape gave exp. and loot though.
    Edited by EngineeringElf on April 21, 2018 3:43PM
  • Furious_Sniper
    spldlaotz67i.png

Clockwork city, Brass Fortress Outfit station.

Your character is placed behind station and you can't see the whole character (head is a bit out of camera's sight)
  • GopherTheMad
    GopherTheMad
    Soul Shriven
    Bug: if too close to a wall the camera will zoom wwaaaaayyy out if "esc" or inventory is selected. (See https://www.dropbox.com/s/befzpiqka8npykh/Elder Scrolls Online 2018.04.21 - 16.47.57.05.mp4?dl=0 )
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭
    • “Curinure’s Invitation” and “Aicessar’s Invitation” quests can be accepted/completed even if you are already in the Mage’s/Fighter’s Guild(s).
    • Dialogue response to Aicessar when first meeting doesn’t seem to match his dialogue. His greeting doesn’t mention “the guild”, at least not in the text. It may have been spoken and I missed it.
    • The portals in Ceporah Tower have a range smaller than is implied. The prompt to “Use” the portals should come up only if a player is close enough to actually use them.
    • While inside the College of Sapiarchs I could not “go up a level” on my world map (normally right-click).
    • During the “Whispers from the Deep” quest there was a very long wait before the boss fight begins where nothing was happening. Thought maybe it was bugged but it eventually progressed.
    • The small building at the entrance of Lillandril that forces unmounting when you pass through it is a very unnecessary inconvenience.
    • Kinlord Nemfarion’s voice was incredibly quiet (less than a whisper). All the other Saviors spoke normally.
    • The first line of dialogue spoken by Igeke Rat-Bite was slightly muffled and her lips didn’t move. It was a perfect example of if we were reading her mind, but there is no indication that that is the intent. Every piece of dialogue after the first was spoken normally.
  • Aral_Ebordna
    Aral_Ebordna
    ✭✭
    These issues are all related to 'The Crystal Tower' quest. After Mephala leaves the dreaming cave, Barbaras speaks. The voiceover is cut off when a new voiceover begins. There are a lot of bookshelves in the library. There are a few bookshelves that appear to have books in them. I get the interaction (E) however no book can be read. Most of the bookshelves work or are empty. You and Darien make it through the door to the next section after the library, while Leythen is trapped outside the door. After he returns from delaying Mephala's champion he speaks to us. This voiceover is cut short.
  • Aral_Ebordna
    Aral_Ebordna
    ✭✭
    I was speaking to Cinucil though I forget the quest name. There is a typo in the text. It say "I friend of mine'. I think it should be 'A friend of mine'.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUG:

crown store adds block my view of the game and should not exist.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Aral_Ebordna
    Aral_Ebordna
    ✭✭
    This may be more of an oversight than a bug. There is no jewelry crafting station at the Almeri base in Cyrodiil. All the other crafting stations are there. I did not check Daggerfall or Ebonheart bases.
  • ShadowReaperXXII
    ShadowReaperXXII
    Soul Shriven
    While I was in one of the Undercroft areas underneath the monastery, the enemies stopped responding to my attacks and my group member seemed to just freeze; the typical stuff for game lags. But when I got exited back to the main menu, there wasn't a notice stating an 'error time-out'? Could this be a bug or just a regular game lag disconnection without the 'error timed out' notification?
  • s_lenzzz
    s_lenzzz
    Soul Shriven
    Here's one thing with the housing that looks like bug to me.

Me and my gf decided to try out new housing location - the coastal one (I'm really bad at remembering names). I bought it and gave my gf decorator's rights and we ran into a problem: after an hour or so of moving the furnishing items around a guest decorator runs into a bug which makes an object unusable for both decorator and home owner. First, the object itself gets stuck and you need to reenter the editing mode, then each time anyone tries to move it there's a message saying that "the object is being moved by another player atm".
    Tested the same thing with an older home, not in Summerset - the same problem.
    For now, it helps to reenter the house a few times.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    s_lenzzz wrote: »
    Here's one thing with the housing that looks like bug to me.

Me and my gf decided to try out new housing location - the coastal one (I'm really bad at remembering names). I bought it and gave my gf decorator's rights and we ran into a problem: after an hour or so of moving the furnishing items around a guest decorator runs into a bug which makes an object unusable for both decorator and home owner. First, the object itself gets stuck and you need to reenter the editing mode, then each time anyone tries to move it there's a message saying that "the object is being moved by another player atm".
    Tested the same thing with an older home, not in Summerset - the same problem.
    For now, it helps to reenter the house a few times.

This is as old as housing is and comes up in every home. Had this "bug" a lot in the past few month. If you log off and log back in, it should be gone. Else, try retrieving item via the menu.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • s_lenzzz
    s_lenzzz
    Soul Shriven
    This is as old as housing is and comes up in every home. Had this "bug" a lot in the past few month. If you log off and log back in, it should be gone. Else, try retrieving item via the menu.
    Thank you! Hopefully, they'll fix it one day.
  • perpetualspiral
    perpetualspiral
    Soul Shriven
    I have been playing some side quests and have a few things I wasn't sure how to report using the official bug report thing in game.

During the Old Wounds quest when you enter the Red Temple the second time with Lorne to confront Soravil, the quest marker immediately tells you to "pursue soravil" before the dialogue between him and Lorne even starts, so it's possible players would just run right by this content.

King's Haven Pass delve - the map of the Coral-Splitter caves doesn't make sense. Once you go into the Ancient Ruins section and finish the quest with Mehdze, if you keep going into the Ruins there is an area that appears to be for a boss fight, but no boss spawns. I was unable to get the achievement for completing the delve because there was no boss. And the door at the end of this room does not open. If you go back around to try to get to the other side of that door, you come to another door on the map that appears to enter into a room/corridor and then you should be able to get to that Ancient Ruins exit that was locked. However this door only leads back out into the King's Haven Pass.

Small things - Gryphon fighting animation sometimes have a lot of lag. I have killed a Gryphon and it was a full 3 seconds before it fell over. Sometimes it seems like you've hit him but he has already jumped on you.

Ringtails just stand in one spot.

• CombatMedicMercy
    2 big bugs for me:

I haven't been able to do the tutorial for summerset. It glitches and just starts me at Shimmerene even though I clicked that, yes, i would like to play the tutorial.

Every time i get ready to log out of Summerset, a window pops up telling me that there is a Daily Reward being given out in less than a minute.

It never happens, I waited for it at first- but it just told me that over and over again.

and i get that window every time i log out.
    ~I'm not a miracle worker...Well, not always. ~
    PC/NA:
    Rhaelys Stormborn - Breton Magplar Healer EP spicy heals CP500+
    ~You should really get that looked at...~

[Toe Beanz] PC/NA OFFICER /CO-OWNER
    @MissNyu
  • Furious_Sniper
    PTS bug:

zjcgmym27ttx.png
    There are no Shield Breaker weapons or jewelery inside this set's box. Instead, there are weapons and jewelery from diferent set.
  • Ambro7
    Ambro7
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if I’m missing something but I have spent a lot of time trying to find the psijic map of summerset but I can not find it. Can you provide any help
  • Calarax
    Calarax
    ✭✭✭
    Using Alliance War speed boost dismounts you now.