The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 18 - Bug Reports for Summerset (Zone & Content)

• Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrong Thread...sorry :(
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on April 17, 2018 4:25PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • coldheart_1
    coldheart_1
    Soul Shriven
    Not able to download game, have been trying for three days :-(
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get kicked off my mount when I either press Charging Maneuver, or else when I switch weapon bars while on horseback. This does not happen in my live game, only on PTS.

*Edit* Just want to say that baby griffin is the cutest thing I've ever seen! That artist needs a raise. <3
    Edited by SydneyGrey on April 17, 2018 8:13PM
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    I use a game pad, and when I quit the game, I get a ui error for daily log in. When gamepad mode is turned off, it quits fine.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, my crafter was making some staves for my newbie sorc and the tooltip for Precise says it increases weapon and spell crit by 3000% increasing to 4000% at green and 5000% at blue etc. 1 Handed weapons are half that. I should point out that this was at mainland crafting stations, not exclusive to any summerset crafting stations.

Typo?
    Edited by Tabbycat on April 18, 2018 12:17AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    storage doesn't seem to be working properly. i offloaded about half my gear into storage chests in my alinor house, then went and found a geyser battle. when i went to loot the dead mobs, all my dumped gear was back in my inventory. :/

• zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    storage doesn't seem to be working properly. i offloaded about half my gear into storage chests in my alinor house, then went and found a geyser battle. when i went to loot the dead mobs, all my dumped gear was back in my inventory. :/

I had a similar issue, I crafted a bunch of jewelry on my template character and put it in my storage chests then swapped to a live character to deconstruct them (to level up jewelry crafting) and all the stuff from the chests got dumped into that characters inventory, except not everything fit, so the overflow just disappeared. I logged back on to the character that put the items in the storage chests and they arent in her inventory either, just gone.
  • RPGrenade
    RPGrenade
    ✭✭
    I accepted the quest to go to Summerset, then went to preview houses. Upon examining the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto, I decided to purchase the furnished version with the PTS crowns, and stepped outside to Summerset from there. Now, the main quest won't progress at all, even if I leave Summerset and return.
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Im unsure if this is intended, but I received no jewelry crafting stations on my template character, only attunable jewelry crafting stations. I also can't even see them for sale in the housing decoration crown store.
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Ran into a pretty major bug at the end of Queen's Decree. I submitted a bug report in-game (ticket 180417-004699), but wanted to attach a video as well to help reproduce.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. In the final room of the Undercroft, draw agro
    2. Stand next to the door to exit
    3. When knocked back with a spell, you'll be punted through the geometry into the unbuilt world beyond

I was unable to return to the dungeon. I was still able to complete the objective by traveling to the very corner of the unbuilt environment, and then used the wayshrine to teleport back to Tamriel. I'm not sure what would have happened had I teleported to a wayshrine prior to completing the quest objective.

https://youtu.be/qNfz04Erty8

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by LadyNerevar on April 18, 2018 4:21AM
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying to advance in the main quest and am at the Pearl of Great Price quest. Upon entering the Rellenthil Sinkhole and speaking to Valsirenn I have been kicked back to the character selection screen 2 times now.
    This happened when I was in a group with one other person. We decided to try going into the sinkhole and talk to the npc separately which enabled us both to advance the quick without an issue. Once we got the quest to advance then we grouped again and I rejoined the other player in the sinkhole. We did not encounter any further problems with that portion of the quest.
  • thetookybird
    thetookybird
    ✭✭
    In The Tower Sentinels quest there is a invisiblity/non-interactable bug.

Upon entering the Sapiarch College Labyrinth my character is invisible, as is the quest NPC that is required to speak with to further the quest. The dialogue option is there to speak to her, but it will not respond when toggled.
    I cannot interact with my combat keys, or swap weapons.
    Enemies are also invisible, but can attack me. I cannot initiate combat, or attack back.
    Reloading ui, leaving the area and re-entering, and fully restarting the game have not worked.

I also tried to send a ticket, but the Submitting Ticket notification window is stuck on "Submitting..."

(To add: Exiting the area, my character does reappear. It is only in the Labyrinth that this issue happens)
    | NA | PC | Daggerfall Covenant
    » Anna Caiohme | Sorc Healer
    Life's a little Wyrd

• Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    https://i.imgur.com/j9ILxtv.jpg

Map shows location just south of the waterfall and there is a wolf gaurding a dead antalope

This ore location is very, very, hard to interact with and might need to be pulled a bit more out of the rockface.
    Edited by Cabot on April 18, 2018 12:19PM
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm not sure if this is in the correct therad. But i explored the new "Aldmeri Grotto" & was able to explore a little more than i should have... ultimately leaving the grotto & reaching summerset zone in "out of map" I took some screenshots which I'll attempt to add here..
    I reached this by building upwards by the rock-face & through the gap between the overhang & the "mainland" where the decorative pillars are to the right of the stairs.

7jNVD9Z.jpg
    here i can barely see the boat beneath & you can see where i went up...

47k8Q49.jpg
    FTpMrV6.jpg
    rVVjAXb.jpg
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Issues.

I started another thread for the one. In gamepad UI at least, after previewing furnishing items at a vendor, or anything else really such as my own collections, I'm no longer able to rotate the preview or my character in my inventory.

The Colossal Aldmeri Grotto has huge holes in the roof. It's too far away to see the ceiling from the beach level. The draw distance needs to be adjusted on the ceiling.

Edit:
    Actually, I was still not seeing most of the ceiling of the cavern at the very top level I could get to by default in the preview. It looked like just a few giant rocks balanced precariously over empty space with huge blue sky holes.
    My view distance is set to 40, but I raised it and got no change.

Is this intended for it to have a mostly open ceiling? It does not look like it as the biggest central rock shows a very flat cut off edge where I think I can see into the model of the rock and blue sky above due to no texture on the inside surface.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 18, 2018 12:19PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also reported in game.

Quest: A Time for Mud and Mushrooms (psijic quest) is not completable if Percolating Mire quest is previously completed - the time rift only exists in the "quest not finished" instance of the village (ie. I can see the rift by the Hist Tree, and the compass map marker as I approach the village, as I ride in and it puts me in the version of the village that exists after the quest there is completed, the rift disappears).
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Muustikar Wave-Eater, Abyssal Geyser boss is one shotting everyone randomly.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    In Shimmerine, Curinure gives Characters already in the mages guild the quest to join the mages guild, "Curinure's Invitation", again, complete with rewards.
  • axess2016
    axess2016
    I only found 1 bug and 1 graphical anomaly after streaming and playing The Queen's Decree with an established NA ESO character.

The 'bug' was that there was no indicator on the compass or map to find Razum-Dar to begin the quest.

The second was this persistent, weird graphical anomaly near the Coral Forest:

27d081hb2ayt.jpg
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Typo in Hiranesse's dialogue:

"I'm probably over-concerned"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/overconcerned

• Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced a bug in Cloudrest today during vet +1.

https://i.imgur.com/Gh9edpJ.jpg

The mini boss was stuck in the air and couldn't be interrupted, which made things tricky. We assumed this is a bug and not a design feature because it only happened the one time (but I have heard that other groups experienced it too).
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Quest : Checking on Cloudrest

Accepted it, then moved on. Tried to come back , no way to activate cart to Cloudrest.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1364799818

• GopherTheMad
    GopherTheMad
    Soul Shriven
    These are things I have noticed, but may already be known.

NPC sitting in air. NPC must have targeted a bench but he was a few feet away from any bench or chair.

When using x-box controller it rumbles every few minutes even though there is no interaction in the world that would cause this.

Not a bug: Queen's Decree quest is difficult to start since Raz is outside of the city and his quest marker is not activated until you are close. Maybe in the quest starter letter it can mention his approximate whereabouts? Or just have a quest marker on him.
  • velvet227
    velvet227
    Soul Shriven
    Only one very minor issue for me so far:
    Every time I take on a new quest, it changes my current active quest (marker? selection?) to another quest in my queue. Minor but a little annoying.

Love the new beasties.
  • GopherTheMad
    GopherTheMad
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, something seems to be wrong with the chat. Perhaps the devs put a filter in that adds 90% more attitude from other players? I would suggest maybe just 20% increase in saltiness. Yes, I think 20% more saltiness would be just fine.

(Joke aside, I am not sure why everyone is being so nitpicky and negative. This is a player attitude issue on the PTS. I will mute them and move on.. Bethesda and Zenimax, you are all doing a great job! I have not noticed any additional bugs today)
  • Jorsen
    Jorsen
    On my initial login to the PTS, I attempted to click the "?" icon for the notification about Crown Store gifting. (The icon is immediately to the left of the check mark and X.)

Clicking this icon does nothing. Presumably it should open Help > Tutorials > Crown Store > Gifting.

I was also able to reproduce this after relaunching the game.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually use the /bug in game but I'm here now so may as well:

In Shimmerene, in the Mages Guild, on the 2nd floor, if you sit at the desk in the far north corner NPCs instantly attack you and you get a bounty.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Guardian_Angel671
    Guardian_Angel671
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if this is reported as I've just started the beta. I created a new character as per instructions. I figured start with the tutorial as a new person would do. Everything seemed to progress ok till I got to the part in The Mind Trap that said to Walk To Oriandra. I see 2 copies of her -kinda ghostlike-I guess that's cause she is like an apparition. I can't get her to interact when I walk to her. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Guardian_Angel671
    Guardian_Angel671
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if this is reported as I've just started the beta. I created a new character as per instructions. I figured start with the tutorial as a new person would do. Everything seemed to progress ok till I got to the part in The Mind Trap that said to Walk To Oriandra. I see 2 copies of her -kinda ghostlike-I guess that's cause she is like an apparition. I can't get her to interact when I walk to her. Am I doing something wrong?

Somehow I got logged out. When I logged back in -it worked as it was supposed to. Guess was a short glitch?
  • AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    I'm encountering the glitch where everyone in the College of Sapiarchs is invisible too. This extends to other players too - someone came in (the door opened) and they asked in chat if the enemies were invisible for everyone else too. I could see their message just fine, but they were invisible.

I let an Ogrim beat me up to see if rezzing at the waypoint would do anything (it didn't), relogged a few times, and turned my graphics to the lowest possible settings. After doing the last one, I got stuck in a permanent loading screen (10+ minutes).

Eventually I quit the game and logged back in (still on Potato graphics) and stuff finally showed up! I can see Val and other players! :open_mouth:

@thetookybird @BigBadVolk

Can you guys see if turning your graphics to Minimum makes the npcs show up?