The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 18 - Bug Reports for Summerset (Zone & Content)

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought with preorder you were allowed to see what 750cp was like. I made a new character, and it levels me to 3 when skipping tutorial then does nothing. A friend of mine got all sorts of goodies from just loading in?!?!?!? Confused.

I chose to play the tutorial, which skipped it and gave me the template stuff and max level cp750+(since my live characters are over 800). I also chose in the upper left of character creation to click a dropdown and choose "Summerset".
    Either of those could be the reason for your issue.

Edit:
    Pre-order has nothing to do with what you can or can't do on the PTS server, FYI.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 29, 2018 12:29AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castian wrote: »
    Update to my previous bug with Razum-Dar being untargetable in Pearl of Great Price; Today when I logged in and went to check if it was possible to interact with Razum-Dar I found that he now appeared in a different location. I found him next o a bridge south of the Canonreeve's House where he called out to me as I passed him to speak to him. I was able to interact with him and continue the quest line. Yesterday Razum-dar was placed infront of the Canonreeve's home beside the psijic Vasirenn and there he was untargetable. It was this spot that Razum-dar ran to after we spoke by the bridge.

The quest steps were somehow out of order for you initially. That's why he was not able to be talked to. It's good that it worked out another time though.
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Unsure if this is a bug or intentional design.

The first two quests from the Josajef to close breaches in Illac bay and stonefall region, there are no markers on the map when the quest is selected. It requires you to look at the quest item map and estimate how it aligns on the game map and try to get in the approximate range to activate the augur and then continue walking to find the breach.

A comment on the Illiac bay quest, I'm new to the ES world so knowing the geography is not a strong point for me. I did not know where Illac bay was and could not find a marking on the water to find what region of Tamriel aligned with the quest map... It would have been more helpful in the quest description if it denoted the zones Glenumbra, Alikr Desert and Stormhaven instead.

If this is a bug so be it, if it isnt a bug I would like it to be considered how time consuming it is, I think I spent an hour or more on the Illac quest before I found all 9 spots.
  • karmakazi2010
    karmakazi2010
    Soul Shriven
    Bug 2 - The Tower Sentinels - "Talk to Valsirenn". Entered College of Sapiarchs (very long load time). Valsirenn was targetable but invisible, enemies also invisible. Could not talk to her when pressed (A). Reloaded, same thing (invisible and cant talk). Swapped characters, reloaded and was OK from there.
    Same for me, but I can't swap chars as I only have a very low level one on NA and I really really don't want to re-do all the stuff I've done so far. Tried it three times, and i'm giving up for now. I'll do some sidequests and will try again later.
  • HalflingArcher
    HalflingArcher
    Soul Shriven
    During the “Manor of Masques” quest while drumming, my skirt would suddenly be shown floating up next to me as if my legs were attached horizontally.

Things and people aren’t always there,( I can hear npc’s talking next to me but I can’t see anyone)

Skill response times are slowed at times.

I get dismounted at random times.

Camera jumps up and down once in awhile.
  • SneakyToes
    SneakyToes
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know which category to put this in. A shipwreck in Khenarthi's Roost has some boards that don't belong there. They can be walked through and are only visible from below. [According to the preview, only the second image will show. The first link shows the boards]

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn448/strawwoman/Screen Shot 04-29-18 at 06.03 PM.png?t=1524962620

Screen%20Shot%2004-29-18%20at%2006.04%20PM.png
  • fultrim
    fultrim
    Cinderfawn wrote: »
    When speaking to Josajeh she does not verbalize the words after the first set of questions. The audio is there but the visual movement of her lips are not.

this occurred to me as well
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭

1. Reproducible bug where I can get NPCs in summerset to gap close to me while I'm swimming, causing them to immediately disappear and not re-spawn. This particularly pertains to the long dock that protrudes into the bay, north of Alinor and West of the Cey-Tarn Keep wayshrine that is swarming with Night Runner enemies.

2. Weapon swap forces you to dismount

3. Mistake in collectibles menu for the Z'maja skin that says it only needs to be completed on veteran and not on hardmode, which conflicts with the requirements in the achievements menu which require a completion in the hardest possible configuration.

4. NPCs can still see you even when you are using shadow cloak as a nightblade? I think? I kept getting bounties while I was cloaked in trespassing areas for some reason

More to come as I explore the new chapter. Loving it so far!

• Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I entered College of Sapiarchs Labyrinth, Valsirenn was there but invisible and unable to be communicated with. Also, invisible were the NPC's, which attacked me relentlessly. I was unable to see them, nor attack them with AOE. Tried refreshing screen a number of times, and re-entering the instance. Nothing worked.
  • Dark07
    Dark07
    Soul Shriven
    In the first time you talk to Razum-dar in summerset at the response to the question 'What does all this have to do with that geyser and those creatures?' The sync of the audio and animation start to go out of sync at the line "No, that would be ridiculous." by the end the last four words are said with the mouth closed
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Appearance change token doesn't work on template characters. The procedure seems completely broken.
    PC EU
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    In patch 4.0.1 it wasn't possible to preview head gear at outfit stations. They were invisible and only showed up once the outfit was confirmed (and consequently payed). I didn't have a chance to check if this still happens after yesterday's patch, but I didn't see a fix for this mentioned in the patch notes.
    Btw. this was tested on a template character, in case it makes a difference.

EDIT: it's the same for non-template characters and it also happens for the head gear preview in the collection UI. Only, in the collections UI you can't do anything to make it visible.
    Edited by feyii on May 2, 2018 6:20PM
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    In patch 4.0.1 it wasn't possible to preview head gear at outfit stations. They were invisible and only showed up once the outfit was confirmed (and consequently payed). I didn't have a chance to check if this still happens after yesterday's patch, but I didn't see a fix for this mentioned in the patch notes.
    Btw. this was tested on a template character, in case it makes a difference.

Can confirm this still happens in 4.0.2

Also; after creating an outfit with the Pyandonean motif, sometimes when going into combat stance, the weapons float under the character rather than being equipped in her hands.

DmO6rLX.png
    Edited by Elissae on May 1, 2018 8:24AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does no-one test that you can ride anywhere?

Before
    IHBYURK.png

After
    psSsXVE.png

Seems that this issue of riding through what appears to be a thoughfare dismounts you is common still.
    here:
    87nXkAD.png

Entering the crafting area in Alinor is another, and Mournhold Mages Guild Courtyard in the base games another, to name a few
    If they are no riding zones could someone add "Riders Please Dismount Here!" signs!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a mag sorc and in several places while I was out exploring the island my pet would be desummoned .
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Quest:
    Old Wounds, Observe Lorne's Spell

What happened:
    She just keeps channeling but nothing happens after the first two corpses.

Workaround:
    Exit the house.

Other:
    Massive frame drops afterwards in the area.
    Edited by Inoki on May 1, 2018 9:16PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did stamina get nerfed for High Elves? Because I'm suddenly unable to use Charging Maneuver on my High Elf magicka NB on the test server. At all. I checked her stamina, and it's lower than the cost for Charging Maneuver. The base stamina on my High Elf on the live server is higher. (He doesn't have the Undaunted passives.) Why can't my High Elf use Charging Maneuver on the test server, but I've literally never had this issue before in a year and a half of playing? You might want to look into this.
    *EDIT* I forgot to mention that this was a brand-new character I created on the PTS using the template "Summerset" character.

Also, a couple of minor things:
    1. In Alinor there's a female High Elf bard whose mouth doesn't move in time with her singing. Her name is Laeriwene.
    2. It would be lovely if all the new books on the island could be added to our saved lore books, so that we can read them any time we want to if we have the Eideidic Memory skill. "The Myth of the Sea Sloads" and "A Sailor's Guide to Sea Elves" would be great to be saved as lore books.
    Thanks.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on May 3, 2018 3:48AM
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    During Wasting Away quest the Kinlord would go back and forth between being awake and having his mouth and eyes closed as if sleeping while continuing to speak his parts of the dialogue.
  • Aralan_B
    Aralan_B
    ✭✭
    Created a new character the other day. Yesterday I ordered Summerset, and then received the bonuses on the test server. Today I tried opening a crown crate. When I clicked on the crate, it disappeared and nothing else happened. The dealer is just sitting there looking at me.
  • aysen
    aysen
    Soul Shriven

Bug 2 - The Tower Sentinels - "Talk to Valsirenn". Entered College of Sapiarchs (very long load time). Valsirenn was targetable but invisible, enemies also invisible. Could not talk to her when pressed (A). Reloaded, same thing (invisible and cant talk). Swapped characters, reloaded and was OK from there.

Encountered the same problem, long loading time etc. Abandoned quest and re-did the steps up to this point. Load time was normal and it was fixed.
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    Quest Queen Decree, part: Find missing Prisoners
    After releasing first prisoner and talking to Valsirenn, she is passing through column heading straight to examine skeever (texture collision).
    (No idea if this were reported, have no time to read every post in thread).
  • nalline96
    nalline96
    ✭✭
    I have two issues

1. I believe it part of the main quest line, but before the update i was at the end of the quest line fighting the boss and when it updated it started me at the at the beginning of the quest line. I was stuck at the part where you burn down mephala's barrier and it would not let me burn it. So went through the game and they had me abandon the quest (which i did) and now it has been two days and there is no way for me to restart the quest line.
    2. I am starting the green ghost quest line, and I am stuck at the part where NPC is at a room where she is using a spell to find out what happened to the four people that died. She is stuck in perpetual spell and nothing is happening.
    "A realm needs a strong backbone! Well, unless the support really IS a backbone...ever been to Malacath's realm? Nasty stuff."
    ―Sheogorath[src]
    If the tank dies, it is the healer’s fault.

If the healer dies, it is the tank’s fault.

If the DPS dies, it is their own fault.

— Unknown
    "Let Me Guess, Someone Stole Your Sweetroll?"
    --Skyrim Guard
    "Those Warriors From Hammerfell? They've Got Curved Swords. Curved. Swords."
    --Skyrim Guard
  • lemonholly
    lemonholly
    Soul Shriven
    Can't use Portal to Summerset in Artaeum location

Components: UI

Priority: Trivial
    Description:

1) Steps to reproduce
    Accept the quest "A pearl of great price" - task "Travel to Rellentill"
    Go the teleportation place "Portal to Summerset"
    Searching for UI Button (Press "E" to use "Portal to Summerset")

2) Actual results
    UI Buttom (Press "E" to use "Portal to Summerset") does not appear

3) Expected results
    Accept the quest "A pearl of great price" - task "Travel to Rellentill"
    Go the teleportation place "Portal to Summerset"
    Press "E" to use "Portal to Summerset"

EV5wN4R.jpg
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    Quest:
    Old Wounds, Observe Lorne's Spell

What happened:
    She just keeps channeling but nothing happens after the first two corpses.

Workaround:
    Exit the house.

Other:
    Massive frame drops afterwards in the area.

Encountered the same problem yesterday, except that I never got past the first corpse. The animation of the High Elf dying played, but after that she was just sitting there channeling her skill. Nothing else happened. had to leave the house and 'fail' that part of the quest in order to progress.
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭

Warning: Bug report contains spoilers.
    At the end of the psijic questline after you fight nocturnal, on the top of the crystal tower. Once Valsirenn tells you that you are back in summerset, you can look down off the Crystal Tower and see the checkerboard textures through the fog pretty clearly.

• NikkiG
    NikkiG
    Soul Shriven
    Playing on 4.0.2 yesterday:

Untamed & Unleashed; when talking to Conservator Vinelore from inside the paddocks, I opened the paddocks gate. Quest prompted me to talk to Elise Mallon, I came back through the gate but could not talk to Elise. Resolved by going in building & out again, but not by going through gate & back again.

The Forest Vandal: those plants :o

and also, not a bug but I like occasionally seeing the Gold Knight struggling with Dawnbreaker and puzzling about that story.
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    aysen wrote: »

Bug 2 - The Tower Sentinels - "Talk to Valsirenn". Entered College of Sapiarchs (very long load time). Valsirenn was target-able but invisible, enemies also invisible. Could not talk to her when pressed (A). Reloaded, same thing (invisible and cant talk). Swapped characters, reloaded and was OK from there.

Encountered the same problem, long loading time etc. Abandoned quest and re-did the steps up to this point. Load time was normal and it was fixed.

Experiencing the same issue, going to attempt abandon/restart. Also 2 other players I saw inside the dungeon were stripped down to black-colored paperdolls. No facial features or other characteristics.

Separately on a treasure hunting quest for Gjadhills chest, the quest giver Igeke Rat-Bite delivered her first page of dialogue via telepathy, her lips didn't move and the voice sounded like it was coming from a well.

I have now abandoned and restarted the Two Sentinels quest twice with the same bug result of Valsirenn and all monsters being invisible. So currently I can not continue the main quest line.
    Edited by Castian on May 3, 2018 4:40PM
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    Quest "A Tale of two Mothers"
    The voiceover for the NPCs after going through the hole in the wall, is not in sync with their placement. I heard voices talking as though they were right next to me, yet I was in a cleared room.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elissae wrote: »
    Bug or oversight, in any case; some of the textures on the town buildings are extremely low resolution, especially noticeable with the rest of the adjacent textures being of normal quality.

VwFoLgj.png

I noticed that some of the sandstone cliffs along the NE shore have extremely rough and pixelly textures as well. I was having Doom flashbacks for a minute! Very incongruent with the beautiful water textures, etc.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way.... both the floor and the steps in the picture above are available in the crown furnishing menu for 1 crown each. For any devs reading: The default side of the flooring section is the busted up side, while the underside of it is pristine flooring. I have a feeling that most folks will be using the good side more than the bad side, so would it be possible to make that side the default setting? It would save a lot of time in flipping and trying to get it flat versus the bad side currently coming out of the box ready to place.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.