The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 18 - Bug Reports for Summerset (Zone & Content)

• CombatMedicMercy
    Ambro7 wrote: »
    Not sure if I’m missing something but I have spent a lot of time trying to find the psijic map of summerset but I can not find it. Can you provide any help

@Ambro7

are you referring to the one for the quest?

Its in the same room with the girl who talked to you about it.

Don't worry, I was confused too. actually had to ask in zone chat. xD
    ~I'm not a miracle worker...Well, not always. ~
    PC/NA:
    Rhaelys Stormborn - Breton Magplar Healer EP spicy heals CP500+
    ~You should really get that looked at...~

[Toe Beanz] PC/NA OFFICER /CO-OWNER
    @MissNyu
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    z96c9s4u55v8.png
    wemi5s4wbdlq.png

Edit: Easiest solution, make "The Mind Trap" quest the default starter quest for entering summerset for both old and new characters.

It's a problem that was reported during morrowind's beta and made it live and looks like it is repeating itself... Both summerset created characters and morrowind created characters can do their tutorial quest for an extra skillpoint and do then do the coldharbour tutorial for another skillpoint yet existing characters are shafted by not having that extra skillpoint from either the morrowind or the summerset tutorial. Existing characters SHOULD be able to do "The Mind Trap" summerset tutorial as not only does it flows perfectly to the Introduction of summerset main quests and introduction of the psijiic order, but we should also have access to its skillpoint. I paid just as much money as the people who started with summerset so I SHOULD be able to access the tutorial quest and its skillpoint.

Spoilers: In the tutorial for the summerset expansion we have mephala trap us in a "mind trap" which is a prison in our own mind. The psijiic Oriandra helps us escape it and as a result we learn about the psijiics involvement in summerset and just down the road is the start of the summerset main quest with razumdar. I tested on both an existing character and a summerset character and the existing character cannot access the tutorial and the skillpoint and the dialogue isn't any different for the existing and summerset character for meeting the psjiic in the next quest, "The queen's decree".

Please allow "The mind trap" tutorial to be done by existing characters. Have us take a ship to mainland summerset and then on our way there we are trapped in our mind and it seems mephala wants us to not meddle in her affairs. We the vestige, who stopped molag bal, stopped clavicus vile in morrowind, stopped nocturnal in cwc would have been noticed by mephala and so should be trapped in a mind trap in an attempt to stop our interference in summerset. still not addressed
  • Ambro7
    Ambro7
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if I’m missing something but I have spent a lot of time trying to find the psijic map of summerset but I can not find it. Can you provide any help

@Ambro7

are you referring to the one for the quest?

Its in the same room with the girl who talked to you about it.

Don't worry, I was confused too. actually had to ask in zone chat. xD

Thanks for that. Logged on this morning and my whole summerset quest line has been reset so I have to start from the beginning so I’ll bear that in mind when I get up to that part again.
  • ray75228
    ray75228
    Appologies if this isn't the right place for this, but found a misplaced mesh on the Mages Guild in Shimmerene. Chimney is out of place.
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    The welcome/crown store pop up showed up after I excited the undercroft today.

Since the patch this morning, I am not automatically dismounting before I go into the crafting station area in Alinor. Instead it dismounts me inside before I go through the second doorway. I really like the dismounting feature and think the way it was last week is better.
  • DemiurgeMCK
    DemiurgeMCK
    Soul Shriven
    Since today's(?) server wipe, I can no longer finish "The Queen's Decree". Valsirenn doesn't appear when I go to the Coral Forest to meet her, and there's no way to more forward without her.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Today I had to make a new character, did so, clicked create and tutorial was skipped automatically, didnt even leave me a choice.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • Melilotta
    Melilotta
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't find a suitable category for this in the in-game bug report, so... I know it's a small thing and maybe someone reported this already, but whenever my newly-created character reads a book, there's no announcement that I've learned a new book, no sound, no words on the screen, nothing.

And I want to support those ppl who ask to give existing characters a chance to experience the intro with the mind trap! I'm not so concerned about the skill point as about the fun of it. I've got many chars on live server and I didn't plan on creating yet another one, and it's sad to think that none of my chars on live can experience this charming little story.
  • FanmaR
    FanmaR
    ✭✭✭
    Heya ESO staff, first time poster.

Past few hours I've basically just been testing the collision in the starter area and managed to find a few oversights, even got out of bounds. I think I'm in the correct thread for this.

I was worried about posting screenshots due to the non-disclosure agreement but I see more people doing it so I hope it's fine. Hopefully you guys can tell the location from these images.

-Clipping through a rock
    0fABLn2.jpg
    xiT19nl.jpg

-Out of bounds by climbing a fallen pillar.
    qgFlIhJ.jpg
    ILDGDfO.jpg

-One more small clip
    zaMAZdG.jpg

Thank you for letting me participate in the Beta, I'll let you know when I have more.

Edited by FanmaR on April 24, 2018 5:00PM
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Found a questing problem with 'Buried Memories'.

Buried memories quest > Mephala's barrier > unable to burn barrier on quest rety.
    • Because unable to defeat 'boss' K'tora wayshrined out to get better equipment
    • Returned to Artaeum wayshrine with better equipment
    • Travelled to quest area and on to Mephala's barrier
    • Barrier has no white arrow and cannot burn
    • Cannot talk to Ritemaster (Re aquire quest objective?)

How I got quest to work;
    • Abandoed quest
    • Returned to Artaeum wayshrine
    • Find and talk to Oriandra
    • On to Ritemaster
    • Back to barrier via all quest steps
    • Able to burn barrier and continue

The continuation of the quest in these circumstances is fairly easy for a seasoned player - abandone / restart. For a new or inexperienced playerthough this will be a quest ender and could put them off game entirely.
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    the Summerset Zone in the world map is not consistent with the rest of the zones in the game, as it stands currently it looks like every other non-visitable zone in the game.

Every other visitable zone in the world map has these attributes:

1. a darker shade than the base map
    2. a slightly transparent picture of the actual zone map on the world map's zone button

Summerset has exactly none of these, and it looks just like it did before you were able to visit it.

for comparison, here is what Summerset looks like on Live:

gxwB0EB.png

Here is what Summerset looks like on PTS:

UmJvGwO.png

Now compare this to Vvardenfell's zone map button, before and after:

Mksdw7z.png

mrksLoX.png

There is a clear difference and contrast here, and Summerset's zone on the world map should be changed to follow the conventions for every other zone in the game, as for a new player it is not immediately clear that you can visit Summerset, it looks the same as every other non-visitable zone in the game.

This problem presents itself most obviously when you look at the Summerset zone on the world map next to the Auridon zone. Auridon is clearly visitable as it follows the above rules, it has contrast compared to the rest of the non-visitable zones, it has the full zone map transparently overlaid on top of it and it is darker than the base map.

zg0uKFu.jpg
    Edited by Thal_J on April 24, 2018 9:07PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Summerset Zone in the world map is not consistent with the rest of the zones in the game, as it stands currently it looks like every other non-visitable zone in the game.

Hmm, I never noticed the border color issue before. That is interesting.
    Though, you can still see Summerset in the zone list when you pull that up from the map, and it highlights when moused over like any other zone.
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Found a excess ship roof, miss-placed & over hanging the ships stairway in the "Aldmeri Grotto"
    Not visible from above, only below. not intractable & has no collision.
    [img][/img]2Qvz538.jpg
  • Baron_Atjas
    Baron_Atjas
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer & Psyjic skills : There is no animation when casting the Elemental Weapon skill while on overload form (ultimate).
    PC-EU // EP - Baron - Magsorc / Freiin - Magden / Mora Baronis - Bowden
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Did you pick it up from the table near the quest giver? If you did it'll be in your inventory under quest items.
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to submit ticket in-game (didn't know about /bug) and it hung for minutes so reporting here.

Bug 1 - Buried Memories - "Enter the Vaults". Entered Psijic Vaults, killed 2 enemy, crashed to character load screen. Loaded again, went inside, crashed to load screen. Third time worked OK.

Bug 2 - The Tower Sentinels - "Talk to Valsirenn". Entered College of Sapiarchs (very long load time). Valsirenn was targetable but invisible, enemies also invisible. Could not talk to her when pressed (A). Reloaded, same thing (invisible and cant talk). Swapped characters, reloaded and was OK from there.
  • lyciumchld
    lyciumchld
    Soul Shriven
    Was doing the quest in the island delve on the west coast of summerset (Lost at Sea maybe? forgot the name of the quest), finishing very difficult. Attempting to leave the delve walking toward the boat, crash and boot. Relog, multiple timeout errors. Relog, boot. Relog, get outside to the boat, boot. Relog, multiple errors. Relog, get back to the main land of summerset, dad runs off to celebrate, attempt to talk to daughter, can't interact with her, boot. Relog, timeout error. Relog, can only get partial dialogue. Boot. Relog, timeout. Relog, boot. Relog, timeout. Etc etc etc. Not sure if it's the quest or the server.
  • Jharym
    Jharym
    While doing 'Old wounds' the NPC "Sylthendel"(?)
    in the vineyard, near the Wood Elf cottage does not speak when in range to trigger (E) option.
    It did turn white (the E). Just no interaction.
    Don't know if you have do the quest in a certain order to get a reaction?
    I'm going to wash, shave, clean my teeth and try again.
  • personman_145
    personman_145
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to keep getting logged out sometimes. AFAICT, not related to idle, I get no message. I tried to submit a bug report in-game and was logged out again during writing it.
    PC: i5 8600k, 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Chars: Alathaar is a high elf vampire dps sorc | Andy Rink is a dark elf tank sword and board WW
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to keep getting logged out sometimes. AFAICT, not related to idle, I get no message. I tried to submit a bug report in-game and was logged out again during writing it.

If it kicks you to the login screen this is most often when you disconnect and reconnect to the server, either bad lag or your internet actually disconnecting even if momentarily.
    This game does not like to reconnect and adjust character position. It just kicks you to the username and password screen.

In fact with this game, I have seen times where I know my computer has disconnected from my own net and yet the game lets me move around, unable to interact with anything(though prompts come up), until it reconnects to the server and THEN it kicks me to login instead of just back to character select or rubber-banding my character back to where the server thinks it should be.
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Today's bugs:

Revelator Lindafwa's marker for Distraction in Taste of Fear quest was at the wrong location, about 1 inch west of her position on map.

While tabbing through quests A Pearl of Great Price and Breaches on the Bay quests had their texts stack on top of eachother on the upper right display. This was with Keyboard/Mouse UI.

Pearl of Great Price; at the portion where I am supposed to speak with Razum-Dar: At first he did not appear so I relogged and then he did appear, but I could not target him for interaction. I relogged again, but was still unable to target him. I quit the game and relaunched from scratch, but was still unable to target him. So currently I cannot continue the main quest line.
    Edited by Castian on April 27, 2018 1:48AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castian wrote: »
    Today's bugs:
    While tabbing through quests A Pearl of Great Price and Breaches on the Bay quests had their texts stack on top of eachother on the upper right display.

Keyboard and mouse UI or gamepad UI?
    That is important because each has different quirks with visuals.
  • AlpsAccordion
    AlpsAccordion
    Soul Shriven
    4vp3v6apfqpm.png
    Running around between Shimmerene and the winery, checking out the sky and there is this little black box. I've had it appear during the daytime with other characters but don't know if it appears if you are anywhere else. It flickers as you run/move the camera.
  • Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    Castian wrote: »
    Today's bugs:

Revelator Lindafwa's marker for Distraction in Taste of Fear quest was at the wrong location, about 1 inch west of her position on map.

While tabbing through quests A Pearl of Great Price and Breaches on the Bay quests had their texts stack on top of eachother on the upper right display.

Pearl of Great Price; at the portion where I am supposed to speak with Razum-Dar: At first he did not appear so I relogged and then he did appear, but I could not target him for interaction. I relogged again, but was still unable to target him. I quit the game and relaunched from scratch, but was still unable to target him. So currently I cannot continue the main quest line.

I have the same problem with the "Pearl of Great Price" quest: He also didn't appear at first, and when I relogged he is untargetable. The only thing which I haven't tested yet is to abandon the quest and pick it up again. I will also try to leave the zone and teleport back in to see if that resets the quest.

Edit: Rezoning to another zone and teleporting back seems to have made him interactible, meaning the quest can continue.
    Edited by Parrotbrain on April 26, 2018 11:16PM
  • mikimortis79
    mikimortis79
    Soul Shriven
    I thought with preorder you were allowed to see what 750cp was like. I made a new character, and it levels me to 3 when skipping tutorial then does nothing. A friend of mine got all sorts of goodies from just loading in?!?!?!? Confused.

Also. When looting dead drops - I forget which it is called - the sword one. It throws you on the ground. Until I hit /stuck I stay this way.
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Today's Bugs for Summerset

Update to my previous bug with Razum-Dar being untargetable in Pearl of Great Price; Today when I logged in and went to check if it was possible to interact with Razum-Dar I found that he now appeared in a different location. I found him next o a bridge south of the Canonreeve's House where he called out to me as I passed him to speak to him. I was able to interact with him and continue the quest line. Yesterday Razum-dar was placed infront of the Canonreeve's home beside the psijic Vasirenn and there he was untargetable. It was this spot that Razum-dar ran to after we spoke by the bridge.

Buried Memories; during the section of the quest in the vault to retrieve the Staff to enter the mindscape none of the monsters I killed in the vault yield any experience points. Once I entered the mindscape all monsters returned to giving experience points.
  • pandrogynik
    pandrogynik
    Soul Shriven
    I play Summerset Beta in French, I guess the translations are Work In Progress, but I still wished to mention some french texts have wrong syntax, and some dialogs switch from French to English
  • Cinderfawn
    Cinderfawn
    Soul Shriven
    When speaking to Josajeh she does not verbalize the words after the first set of questions. The audio is there but the visual movement of her lips are not.
  • chllorcab16_ESO
    chllorcab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Typo in Hiranesse's dialogue:

"I'm probably over-concerned"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/overconcerned

there's another one when you return the quest after being in the delve : the journal says : talk to Hiranisse with a i, instead of Hiranesse.
  • chllorcab16_ESO
    chllorcab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there's a corpse in one of the cages of the Monastery's undercroft, the last one on the right side of the room. It appears as a yellow rimmed non thretening mob, you can attack it, but it doens't react, so I don't think this was meant to be an actual "fightable" target?