Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

• ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    1. I don't know is it the case on live but Plague Slinger "sees" enemies through cloak, I'm not sure should it or not but with this cooldown it has around 90% of uptime making fighting someone using this set totally unbalanced. This set deals 1,5k each second against someone with 30k resistances...
    2. Pilar of nirn - this set same as the one above deals 1,5k damage per second to someone with 30k resistances

For maximum chees backbar Pilar of nirn, frontbar Unleashed/Plague Slinger, Use Malacath Band Of Brutality and e.g. Velidreth. Now all you need to to do is to attack your enemy once per 10s, and you can kite around.

It breaks cloak on live too. Very hard to fight as medium nightblade even on live.

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change the 2, 3, and 4 piece bonuses of Alkosh to better support the Tanks that are going to be wearing this set please.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give advancing yokeda minor slayer. itd be a perfectly fine set to run with deadly strike if it had minor slayer. itd replace relequens in situations with heavy aoe or where its difficult to stack rele.

rele wouldnt even need a nerf in that situation
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apox wrote: »
    Please give advancing yokeda minor slayer. itd be a perfectly fine set to run with deadly strike if it had minor slayer. itd replace relequens in situations with heavy aoe or where its difficult to stack rele.

Yokeda is a heavy set though.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Can storm master just be 100% chance of activating on fully charged heavy attacks instead of relying on critical heavy attacks? It feels good to slam in a heavy at the top of rotation and then weave empowered light attacks for the next 10-20 seconds. it feels bad knowing that statistically your going to missing out on that good feeling at least 1 out of every 4 rotations because its hard to practically gear for crit chance above 75%. Rotations are to tight to walk back a heavy that doesn't crit and this set feels bad when it isn't enabled.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Going to be the biggest proc set meta ever.

Is it really a "proc" if the effects of these sets are guaranteed?
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Can storm master just be 100% chance of activating on fully charged heavy attacks instead of relying on critical heavy attacks? It feels good to slam in a heavy at the top of rotation and then weave empowered light attacks for the next 10-20 seconds. it feels bad knowing that statistically your going to missing out on that good feeling at least 1 out of every 4 rotations because its hard to practically gear for crit chance above 75%. Rotations are to tight to walk back a heavy that doesn't crit and this set feels bad when it isn't enabled.

Storm Master will be changed altogether with this patch to the following:

Storm Master:
    - This set now increases your Light and Heavy Attack damage by 1542, rather than causing your Light Attacks to deal an additional 1333 Shock damage.
    - This set no longer works with Overload.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

Storm Master:
    - This set now increases your Light and Heavy Attack damage by 1542, rather than causing your Light Attacks to deal an additional 1333 Shock damage.

It has changed and the damage is good. However it still only activates on a fully charged heavy attack critical. That is the part I am discussing. A lot of sets were made more consistent with this patch. I would like to see the same for storm master.
    Edited by exiledtyrant on July 14, 2020 7:11AM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are doing a pass on all item sets can we go through and rename all sets so that the full set once collected is ordered by name and grouped together nicely in your inventory rather then being spread out everywhere and you having to find all pieces.

Quality of improvement but very much needed! Thank you :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep perfected False God's the same please & bring Vicious Ophidian in line with PFG's or make a Perfected VO that drops from the Hard modes.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

Storm Master:

It has changed and the damage is good. However it still only activates on a fully charged heavy attack critical. That is the part I am discussing. A lot of sets were made more consistent with this patch. I would like to seem the same for storm master.

Oh does it? From the exact wording, I thought that condition was excluded altogether. Can't access PTS to check and all. Thats all the more reason to buff it even higher than Undaunted Infiltrator/Unweaver's buff to Light and Heavy attacks then as I referenced earlier with not working with Overload anymore. What sense does that even make...
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some initial thoughts/things that need testing:

Afflicted/Way of the Fire/Venomous Serpent:

These mark the return of undodgable direct damage proc sets that can be reliably timed, like in 1T and Morrowind, and could potentially overperform in a similar way, especially in no CP. Nightblade benefits here because you can stack a ton of damage multipliers in a single combo. Malacath + Incap + Minor Berserk + Minor Vuln = 61% more proc damage, unmitigaed by crit resist. It can all be reliably delivered everytime an ulti is ready.

Plague Slinger: This is already strong on live. Five 5k procs in a row is a ton of pressure. Halving the cooldown might be a little much.

Window Maker: That's a 4k dot. Ouch. It does have more counterplay than plague slinger or venomous smite, but still, almost twice the DPS of most dot proc sets.

Essence Thief:

This was already arguably the strongest stamina dueling set. It's extremely stat dense for it's uptime. It didn't really need a buff.

I wouldn't put Afflicted in the same tier as those sets though as it is literally less than half the damage of the others.

Even with 60% modifications, that's ~3000 damage * 0.5 Battle Spirit = ~1500 damage (or 325 DPS) before player mitigation which is hardly a problem to deal with especially when considered against some of the gaudy dungeon proc sets.

It's also ambiguous (to my reading) if the cooldown is per target or if it applies to the player because if it applies to the player then those sets are far less useful unless you are perhaps dueling and nothing should ever be balanced for a dueling scenario.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please tune down proc damage in PvP via Battlespirit for example. Proc damage is already extremely powerful on live server and will be beyond broken with these buffs :(
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamer's Mantle:
    This set now restores 1058 Magicka on proc, rather than healing for 7000 on proc.
    Reduced the cooldown to 7 seconds, down from 20.

i was very upset with this change to remove the 7000 health bonus when proc and instead put magicka in its place as i depend on that heal during battles in pvp.
    please change it back to the heal instead of the magicka.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »
    Going to be the biggest proc set meta ever.

Is it really a "proc" if the effects of these sets are guaranteed?

Good point! Lol. As long as my cooldowns are up, I'll tagging people with every proc I have on demand, no RNG. Plus Malacath. It will be fun for a week or two, but I can see any of this as good for the game. Lowering the ceiling raising the floor I guess.

I'm going to be kicking myself for de-conning a lot of old useless sets. There are some interesting builds getting ready to appear that will probably live on once proc's are nerfed next DLC.

• jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thrassian Stranglers...

I farmed for a weekend to get these after spending a week or two getting scrying up and the current plans are going to completely invalidate them, which is really terrible. Right now, they are insanely powerful, but I'm giving up a set bonus to use them, the tradeoff can be significant if ganked by adds, and it took a ton of time to get them.

Reduce the damage, fine, but please don't put the stacks on a timer. Completely kills the set. Mythics should feel powerful.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The change to normal False Gods makes absolutely zero sense. If I can get VO from doing normal trials, then normal False Gods should be the same. Make a Perfected VO set instead of nerfing something that is ALREADY the same as *checks notes* the thing you're saying you're making the changes to... make it the same as (tip: which will no longer actually be the same).
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apox wrote: »

Yokeda is a heavy set though.

nobody uses yokeda body. it only ever gets use in weapons and jewelry as a dps set. much the same way that hardly anyone ever uses alkosh in body and it only sees regular use on tanks. the difference is some tanks opt to tank in medium armor to get a little more damage. no stam dps is going to wear heavy armor.

im glad you pointed that out though. yokeda needs to be changed to a medium armor set. and the jewelry can drop in robust as well.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tune down proc damage in PvP via Battlespirit for example. Proc damage is already extremely powerful on live server and will be beyond broken with these buffs :(

Unless the above is included, get ready for all manner of abusive set combinations that will make old proc days a drop in the bucket of tears. Surely they are trolling with a dozen or so of those gank... er... changes.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Elfbane unchanged? I didn't see it listed.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First vMA weapons, now Perfected False God...lol top kek

I'm never farming perfected gear in this game ever again.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you check Lamias song please? Used to be Ultimate’s COST not Ulti points SPENT. Is this a typo or has it indeed changed?

From the current set:
    (5 items) When you use an Ultimate ability, you heal you and your allies within 20 meters of you for 30 Health per point of the Ultimate's cost

From the patch notes:
    Lamia's Song:
    This set now grants 25 Health, Magicka, and Stamina per Ultimate point spent to up to 6 nearby group members, rather than restoring 30 Health per Ultimate point spent to them.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrassian Strangler REMOVE the timer. No timer. Period.
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn is now generating Ultimate at a higher rate (2.6 Ult/sec) than it was pre-nerf (2.33 Ult/sec), so long as the cooldown isn't readjusted for the new ultimate gain. This greatly outpaces the new Tava's Favor (2 Ult/sec) and Major Heroism (1.5 Ult/sec). With much easier access and less set pieces required, Bloodspawn will be the runaway favorite for Ultimate generation by an even greater margin than before update 26. Not sure if this is an intended consequence or not, but it seems worth mentioning.

My biggest concern is that the decrease in stack value for Warrior's Fury (30 to 24 per stack, 600 to 480 max, a 20% loss) is too severe. The set already has the requirement of forcing you to take damage to get to maximum value, with a minimum of 10 seconds required to build the stack. This means that you need to incorporate it into a build that can sustain the damage required to build stacks consistently. Additionally, it provides a line of Max Health where other damage sets provide a line of Crit, Pen, Weapon Damage, or Stamina, and the nature of the proc requires that it be double-barred.

The final result is a set that, at its most powerful, will still slightly under-perform compared to other top-tier damage sets despite requiring consistent incoming damage to reach the full proc. It has a realistic below 50% uptime on max stack, while also requiring 13 stacks to surpass Hunding's Rage in value. The difference is that Hunding's has more lines of offensive stat, can be worn on a build without requiring some form of damage mitigation to compensate for its proc conditions, can be crafted in medium, and it can be single-barred.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you check Lamias song please? Used to be Ultimate’s COST not Ulti points SPENT. Is this a typo or has it indeed changed?

From the current set:
    (5 items) When you use an Ultimate ability, you heal you and your allies within 20 meters of you for 30 Health per point of the Ultimate's cost

From the patch notes:
    Lamia's Song:
    This set now grants 25 Health, Magicka, and Stamina per Ultimate point spent to up to 6 nearby group members, rather than restoring 30 Health per Ultimate point spent to them.

I was hoping someone tested this already. It's always meant "spent" even if it said "cost", I believe. Whatever the cost of your ultimate is after reductions, that's the number that is used.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,

I would like you to revert the gossamer change because I would like it to stay viable for a supportsorc in a 5-man group:

"Gossamer: Reduced the duration of this set to 1 second, down from 2 seconds."
    Edited by caperb on July 14, 2020 7:45AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like HoF sets change with the duration, those are actually useful for classes with more expensive ult.
    And yes, they stack the same way as Balorgh
    unknown.png
    On a DK that uses Standard its around 25% uptime for half of the group. It's gonna be probably another meta for healers to compensate Lokkestiz duration.
    Edited by robpr on July 14, 2020 7:47AM
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭

From the current set:

From the patch notes:
    Lamia's Song:

I was hoping someone tested this already. It's always meant "spent" even if it said "cost", I believe. Whatever the cost of your ultimate is after reductions, that's the number that is used.

Well, you can have a maximum of 500 ultimate. When activating an ultimate you always SPENT all of the points you have, even if the ultimate COSTS much less. So there definately is a difference.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    silks/ysgramor's/netch's should recieve the +200 spell damage to their respective elements. no idea why this wasn't done in the first place.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Runes_Ur
    Runes_Ur
    ✭✭
    Reduce damage on Thrassian Stranglers, yes. Make it stam viable, hell yes. Putting a timer???? No that will be the death of this mythic item. As it stand 90% of the mythic items are already useless, don't do this to one of the few mythics that actually have a place in meta. It makes no sense to do that, God forbid we have to run to the next stack of adds that's are further away than normal spawns or even to wait for a boss with long entrance to the fight, not even to say that if that boss even spawns adds to make stacks. There is just so much one person can say to that timer, it just doesn't make sense. Tune the damage, make it stam viable and keep it as a high risk/high reward. That's a proper fix.

As for FG, leave it alone. The only set that should be tweeked is VO not the other way around.

And lastly Blood for Blood, the only reason people still use vampire (other than role-playing) is that ability. Mess it up and you will see a significant drop in Players using vampirism outside of the RP and PvP community. Also get ready to get a ton of tickets for a race change token because since B4B was a thing, many made their way to other mag races other than Breton because sustain was really good with B4B.

Thats my 2cents. Do what you will with it.
    Edited by Runes_Ur on July 14, 2020 9:15AM