Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

• Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »

This system is very en-depth. Dont expect to go into it having a very firm grasp with out actually digging(pun intended) into the new system. It will all make a lot more sense after about an hour of playing around with it. When the chapter goes live ill be streaming the power leveling process i came up with if you or anyone else wants to see how its done to get a better idea how the system works.

Yes, I would like to see that if you're still planning on doing that.

Yeah we started the stream as soon as servers came up but halted it after they pulled them down for maintenance. ill be back live once the servers are back up.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    artaeum to 5
    after it do each zone 3 free leads + group dungeon challenge bosses

this is how i planning to do it
    this must be enough to max the lines or close to it

The group dungeon boss dont have a 100% lead drop rate. That will really slow ya down. Taking that out of the equation, the spread sheet/guide in the original post has the math broken down for this. It will not max out of the skill lines.
    You will still be 304 exp short. Going back to Artaeum to grind that out is your best bet to finish off the skill lines the fastest.
    Edited by Inklings on May 26, 2020 2:44PM
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    anyone have a clue about this two guys?

Dwemer Body Marking
    Ysgramors Chosen Face Marking
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

This system is very en-depth. Dont expect to go into it having a very firm grasp with out actually digging(pun intended) into the new system. It will all make a lot more sense after about an hour of playing around with it. When the chapter goes live ill be streaming the power leveling process i came up with if you or anyone else wants to see how its done to get a better idea how the system works.

Yes, I would like to see that if you're still planning on doing that.

Yeah we started the stream as soon as servers came up but halted it after they pulled them down for maintenance. ill be back live once the servers are back up.

Is there a link to the stream I can use?
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Btw, I've stopped updating MY list because a) @Inklings' spreadsheet was MUCH more comprehensive, and b) I'm assuming that @Inklings is updating the spreadsheet itself with any new leads that get posted that aren't on the original version.
    too?

Is there a link to this spreadsheet public?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, I've stopped updating MY list because a) @Inklings' spreadsheet was MUCH more comprehensive, and b) I'm assuming that @Inklings is updating the spreadsheet itself with any new leads that get posted that aren't on the original version.
    too?

It's on page 1 of the thread, @Texecutioner187 ...
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too?

Yes its in the original post you quoted.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZNNtdccCOm-6rNJ5y6jAwnkdVvVMJC6lP9NN_dIE7Y/edit#gid=0
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    too?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZNNtdccCOm-6rNJ5y6jAwnkdVvVMJC6lP9NN_dIE7Y/edit#gid=0

Sorry about that. Thats the one I'd been using, I thought it was Jacks. My bad :)
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously, opinions will change a lot as Greymoor goes live. But what's the current thinking about questions like:
    • Does a particular lead tend to drop only from a single source? E.g., are there really leads that only drop from safeboxes?
    • How precise are lead sources? E.g., any boss in a given group or public dungeon, or just a particular one?
    • What do lead drop rates look like?

@FrancisCrawford

It's mixed.

Some come from a single source others come from multiple. Like Tall Papas lamp which is listed as safebox can be found in a treasure chest. It may vary based on the rank of the chest, Advanced+.

Some leads, mainly gold leads are particular bosses. While some purples & golds are rare mob drops, sometimes of a particulars species, sometimes not.

Drops look pretty good on PTS. I'd tried to find a lead in one spot though and went 0-7 even though I believe its there.
    Edited by Pinja on May 26, 2020 6:53PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friend found a lead on live for the Laquered Wooden Tone Box portion of the Music Box in Jarl Morryn's house in the southwest portion of Western Skyrim, in a jewelry box. Apparently this is somewhere you go during Rigurt's quest.

Thank you for this thread and spreadsheet.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found Symbol of Y'ffre for the Ring of the Wild Hunt on Gathongor's Mire WB in Greenshade.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    Obviously, opinions will change a lot as Greymoor goes live. But what's the current thinking about questions like:
    • Does a particular lead tend to drop only from a single source? E.g., are there really leads that only drop from safeboxes?
    • How precise are lead sources? E.g., any boss in a given group or public dungeon, or just a particular one?
    • What do lead drop rates look like?

@FrancisCrawford

It's mixed.

Some come from a single source others come from multiple. Like Tall Papas lamp which is listed as safebox can be found in a treasure chest. It may vary based on the rank of the chest, Advanced+.

Some leads, mainly gold leads are particular bosses. While some purples & golds are rare mob drops, sometimes of a particulars species, sometimes not.

Drops look pretty good on PTS. I'd tried to find a lead in one spot though and went 0-7 even though I believe its there.

Coincidentally, I just got Tall Papa's Lamp from a mob near the dig pike for the initial Bangorkai Desert lead.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Updating now that I can actually look at my Antiquities:

Moons-Blessed Ceremonial Pool, Gold, in a backpack in Moonlit Caverns delve in Southern Elsweyr.

Edit Edit: This was on Live.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on May 27, 2020 4:12AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maormeri Serpent Shrine - Non-named boss at Auridon dolmen
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of the leads come from Treasure Maps... but can you get them from pre-Greymoor treasure maps or do they only come from post-Greymoor treasure maps similar to how all old jewelry was "Unable to Deconstruct" when Jewelry crafting came out?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a lot of the leads come from Treasure Maps... but can you get them from pre-Greymoor treasure maps or do they only come from post-Greymoor treasure maps similar to how all old jewelry was "Unable to Deconstruct" when Jewelry crafting came out?

I bought a bunch of maps pre-Greymoor, and have gotten leads from them.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do the treasure map ones only come from treasure map chests? or has anyone found them in regular chests too?
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one just this morning got the purple lead for the scabbard furnishing drop from a lion in Hews Bane.

Which is excellent as she really wanted this.

Now she must wait to chase the purple things and then all will be good.

Assuming the servers are back in 30 days ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    do the treasure map ones only come from treasure map chests? or has anyone found them in regular chests too?
    Do you mean antique maps? They are bought from the Merchant of corresponding zone.
    It seems that new Ancestral style leads can be obtained only from the Treasure Map chests. Some other leads were found both in common chests and treasure map chests.
    one mer to find them,
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want the Drwaven Ebon Wolf mount, as soon as I ca get it. From looking at the spreadsheet, I gather that all the pieces are located in dwarven themed delves, public dungeons or misc dwarven ruin. But I cant seem to find anything dwarven in Stormhaven. Any ideas?

I know that the source of the lead hasn't been found yet, but does anyone have any ideas where dwarven stuff is found in Stormhaven?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found a lead for Hecatomb Tassets (part of Bloodlords Embrace) this morning, from a stationary boss in the IC sewers.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Do you mean antique maps? They are bought from the Merchant of corresponding zone.
    It seems that new Ancestral style leads can be obtained only from the Treasure Map chests. Some other leads were found both in common chests and treasure map chests.

I was guessing that as well. Too bad I've deleted hundreds of treasure maps in the last 2 months.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

What is the difference between a lead and an ancestral style lead?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Leads to some furnishing items can be found both in common chests (I got Echoes of Aldmeris lead from the Simple chest) and in treasure map chests. Leads to ancestral style motif pages (high elf, orc, nord) are likely just in the treasure map chests. With RNG it is really hard to say.
    one mer to find them,
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    hey guys so can lead drops from harvest nodes?
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the lead for Sacred Chalice of Ysgramor in a treasure map chest in Eastmarch
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

Leads to some furnishing items can be found both in common chests (I got Echoes of Aldmeris lead from the Simple chest) and in treasure map chests. Leads to ancestral style motif pages (high elf, orc, nord) are likely just in the treasure map chests. With RNG it is really hard to say.

I still don't follow the difference between a lead and an ancestral one... but it's okay :) I'm just learning as I read
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭

I still don't follow the difference between a lead and an ancestral one... but it's okay :) I'm just learning as I read

It's referring to the new motifs, Ancestral Altmer/Nord/Orc
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    too?

So based on the spreadsheet now that I know it's yours @Inklings, what I'm reading is that the zone leads that you get for free when you enter the zone are purple?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    hey guys so can lead drops from harvest nodes?

Yes, I got one from a wood node last night.

too?

So based on the spreadsheet now that I know it's yours @Inklings, what I'm reading is that the zone leads that you get for free when you enter the zone are purple?

The first freebie leads you get are green. When you find the green item for the first time, it unlocks a lead for a blue item. And when you find that blue item, you get a lead for a purple item.

So you get free leads for three items per zone, one each of green, blue, and purple, but you have to obtain the lower-tier items in order to unlock the higher-tier leads.
    Edited by Ilsabet on May 27, 2020 2:12PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA