The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anniversary gift boxes not being received (after 3pm BST today)

• January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore
    Edited by January1171 on April 3, 2020 1:33AM
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed @ZOS_GinaBruno it seems. Got a reward box when we killed Z'Maja in a trial and when I accepted it, it vanished. Not in inventory. Lost it. Not even close to my max rewards for the day.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Still not fixed @ZOS_GinaBruno it seems. Got a reward box when we killed Z'Maja in a trial and when I accepted it, it vanished. Not in inventory. Lost it. Not even close to my max rewards for the day.

That's not a daily. So just getting the reward box is a bug.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • FatalDarkness
    FatalDarkness
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Have one anniversary gift box that I can't open or even destroy, and can't earn any others.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »

That's not a daily. So just getting the reward box is a bug.

ah ok, thought you got one with the coffer, but must be showing b/c of last time an event did it maybe. Was afraid to do more dailies for a minute.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • rsewill
    rsewill
    Soul Shriven
    Ok everyone, we just implemented a fix on the backend that should fix this issue - it ended up being something instance-related, which is why it was working for some characters but not others. You shouldn't need to relog or do anything on your side. Thanks again for all the information and help earlier!

It's still not fixed I'm afraid.

Did undaunted delve daily and mages guild public dungeon daily with a friend.

When I tried to turn in quests, quest givers indicated there would be anniversary boxes, but there were no anniversary boxes in my inventory.

I believe my friend did get the anniversary boxes. He and I were in the same delves and public dungeons, same instances, together.

Time this happened was close to 10pm EST, April 2, 2020.
    Options
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am missing all my expired mail items on EU. I collected them but they never made it to inventory. Put in a bug report.
    Options
  • PsychotropicDog
    PsychotropicDog
    Soul Shriven
    It's only 15 people the bug will be gone in no time , a miracle, the warm weather will kill it off.
    Options
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Eating the Pie from the Jester's Event is still refreshing my XP buff. So... did you guys forget to swap events?

All will be well soon...

0WL51SN.gif

Gina scrubs up well.
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno a guildmate on PC/NA just reported turning in 3 pledges and having the same issue. That is, the pledge reward indicated an anniversary box, but there weren't any in inventory afterwards. So there may be another instance of the same bug. (I have not tested this myself - have not had time to do pledges!)
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There appears to be an issue with Alchemy daily quests not being delivered by the board.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I know the lazy writ crafter has an option to auto-open containers received from writ turn-ins; is it possible it's also auto-opening anniversary reward boxes, which is why people aren't seeing them in their inventory?

That happened to my first character. After turning it off didn't have a problem
    Options
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There are no Anniversary Boxes in my inventory after doing the Clockwork Dailies. I saw them collected but they are not there to open and DLazyWritCrafter is not opening boxes.

edit to add PC NA
    Edited by alenae1b14_ESO on April 3, 2020 6:43AM
    Options
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have eaten the cake without getting rid of the previous pie buff...i deactivated my pie buff after realising i had not received my 3 tickets from eating the cake....
    Options
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    nvm it worked again
    Edited by gresiac on April 3, 2020 8:14AM
    Options
  • rsewill
    rsewill
    Soul Shriven
    rsewill wrote: »
    Ok everyone, we just implemented a fix on the backend that should fix this issue - it ended up being something instance-related, which is why it was working for some characters but not others. You shouldn't need to relog or do anything on your side. Thanks again for all the information and help earlier!

It's still not fixed I'm afraid.

Did undaunted delve daily and mages guild public dungeon daily with a friend.

When I tried to turn in quests, quest givers indicated there would be anniversary boxes, but there were no anniversary boxes in my inventory.

I believe my friend did get the anniversary boxes. He and I were in the same delves and public dungeons, same instances, together.

Time this happened was close to 10pm EST, April 2, 2020.

Mia Culpa. I made a mistake. I found an option in the addon, Lazy Writ Crafter, to turn on/off the ability for Lazy Writ Crafter to automatically loot the 2020 jubilee boxes.

I now suspect I was manually opening loot boxes earlier, got an addon update because I run minion multiple times a day that updated Lazy Writ Crafter, and then couldn't find any 2020 jubilee boxes to open.

I will turn off this automatically loot the 2020 jubilee boxes option and hope everything goes well for me.
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After yesterday's fix boxes not dropping is still happening. 2 of my guildies were having the issue last night while we were running dailies as a group.
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have any issues with this yesterday on PC NA. I did take some precautions due to folks saying they were having problems. Did writs on 8 characters and received all reward boxes. 2 characters located in Rawl'kha, 2 in Alinor, 2 in Stormhold and 2 in Riften. First, I turned off the one crafting add-on I use. Then completed the cake quest on one character and was able to quick-slot it from mementos for all the rest. I right clicked on the Jester Fest pie buff under Active Effects on each character screen to deactivate it before eating the 2020 cake. Ate the cake and verified that it added the new Anniversary EXP Buff on each one before handing in the quests and ended up with no missing boxes. Had no problems with the WB and delve dailies either.
    Options
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    I believe this is broken again today after the reset. When I saw there were issues yesterday, I waited until they were resolved. So I had no problem getting my boxes yesterday. But this morning after the reset, I went in to turn in crafting dailies. I saw I was earning boxes in the loot scroll, but when I went in to open them they were not there. I ALSO did not receive my event tickets today. The Lazy Writ Crafter addon doesn't open, or at least has never opened them before, and didn't yesterday. If it had, I should have received something out of them, especially tickets.

Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »
    For everyone experiencing issues, are you all on PC? Is anyone playing on console?

PC-EU. Missing 14 boxes from 14 crafting writs, every other box was received.

It seems that every character need to do the event cake mission for it to work. ( even though my first 3 after main had not doe it and they got the boxes. For some reason my 4th toon had to do the mission to get the boxes to work)

As I've said before, that is NOT true. I got 5 boxes from 2 pledges and 3 guild dailies before eating cake. Stop claiming this.

Yes you are right. But I could not take Boon from cake. from my 4th Toon. Cashed in 14 daily writs before I realized I got nothing. Then I went to go and do the cake event and now it works. It seems as though there is no rhyme or reason why that character needed to do the cake event. In the past you only needed to do the quest on your main and use the momento for your other characters and there was no issue with getting the Anniversary boxes. Whats your MO?

Is it linked to alliance of characters? LIke is the one that couldn't use the cake or get boxes a different alliance than the character that did the cake quest? Just trying to see whether there are any patterns that might be useful for a workaround...

I don't know if my post will be helpful, but I have a char of each alliance, did my writs in Elden Root and had no problems with any of them. PC/NA
    Options
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    I did turn off the "loot anniversary option" and on the second character they did show up in my inventory. But...still no event tickets and I'm certain I didn't get loot from the boxes on my first because I watched the addon open the other boxes with my inventory open and the anniversary boxes just weren't there, while the other ones were. I only got loot from the other rewards normally given for crafting dailies.

Anyway, I'm still concerned about the event tickets. If they are now on a timer, it might be nice to know what kind.
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me the issue was that I was already in the game before 10am. restarting the game fixed it, so I just lost those first boxes.

I don't think that was the problem. I logged in before 10 AM EST, got tickets from the Jester's event just before 10 AM, did the cake quest (on my main), forgot to eat the cake for tickets, went to Elden Root, did my writs and got the boxes just fine.
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baumlaus wrote: »
    PC EU
    You can "test" for the bug on a character by eating the cake. If you DO get the buff, you are fine. If you do NOT get the buff you are bugged on that char @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I ma not saying that it's related to the cake rather than that that is a way to test wether you are going to be bugged

This makes sense for me.
    I didn't eat my cake until after I got my rewards for my crafting writs.
    The boxes showed in my reward breakdown for the writs, but the boxes aren't in my inventory.

I was wondering if it was possible that the boxes were being opened automatically when they hit your inventory?
    Because I had motif pages as part of my new items when I opened my inventory. Do those come inside the boxes, or separate from the boxes?

Edited by bearbelly on April 3, 2020 2:54PM
    Options
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    I tested the cake vs no cake theory, and at least for me, it didn't cause any issues. It may be Lazy Writ Crafter ate the boxes never to be seen again.

Oh! I also just got tickets. Did they put those on a timer this even? WHY????? Dx
    Options
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is broken again today after the reset. When I saw there were issues yesterday, I waited until they were resolved. So I had no problem getting my boxes yesterday. But this morning after the reset, I went in to turn in crafting dailies. I saw I was earning boxes in the loot scroll, but when I went in to open them they were not there. I ALSO did not receive my event tickets today. The Lazy Writ Crafter addon doesn't open, or at least has never opened them before, and didn't yesterday. If it had, I should have received something out of them, especially tickets.
    I tested the cake vs no cake theory, and at least for me, it didn't cause any issues. It may be Lazy Writ Crafter ate the boxes never to be seen again.

Oh! I also just got tickets. Did they put those on a timer this even? WHY????? Dx

The tickets are tied to eating this year's cake. I didn't eat it on my main, ate another year's cake on an alt, and it wasn't until I ate this year's cake on another alt that I got the tickets.
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Baumlaus wrote: »
    PC EU
    You can "test" for the bug on a character by eating the cake. If you DO get the buff, you are fine. If you do NOT get the buff you are bugged on that char @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I ma not saying that it's related to the cake rather than that that is a way to test wether you are going to be bugged

This makes sense for me.
    I didn't eat my cake until after I got my rewards for my crafting writs.
    The boxes showed in my reward breakdown for the writs, but the boxes aren't in my inventory.

I was wondering if it was possible that the boxes were being opened automatically when they hit your inventory?
    Because I had motif pages as part of my new items when I opened my inventory. Do those come inside the boxes, or separate from the boxes?

Motif pages come inside the boxes. If you saw new ones in your inventory after turning in writs, it means some add on is opening the boxes automatically.

Options
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭

The tickets are tied to eating this year's cake. I didn't eat it on my main, ate another year's cake on an alt, and it wasn't until I ate this year's cake on another alt that I got the tickets.

[/quote]

Actually, my first character had the buff and didn't get tickets. It feels very much like an 18 hour timer to me.

Options
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    Ack, sorry. Was supposed to be quoting KMarble on that first bit. My respose was the last line. Derp
    Options
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, we are looking into this but as some of you pointed out Lazy Writ Crafter now auto opens the jubilee boxes.
    Version 2.8.3:
    Added anniversary boxes to auto looting. You can turn it off in the settings!

If you're still having issues with your boxes can you confirm that you either do not have this add on running or that you play on console?

Options
    Staff Post
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guildies not receiving boxes is on pcna
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did turn off the "loot anniversary option" and on the second character they did show up in my inventory. But...still no event tickets and I'm certain I didn't get loot from the boxes on my first because I watched the addon open the other boxes with my inventory open and the anniversary boxes just weren't there, while the other ones were. I only got loot from the other rewards normally given for crafting dailies.

Anyway, I'm still concerned about the event tickets. If they are now on a timer, it might be nice to know what kind.

Boxes and Event Tickets are obtained from completely different activities this time around.

Boxes - from handing in daily quests.
    Event Tickets - 3 from eating Cake (must be 2020 cake), 2 from killing a boss.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options