The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anniversary gift boxes not being received (after 3pm BST today)

• Thaliff
    Thaliff
    ✭✭
    closed and reopened the client, issue cleared on my sorc (alt5). Was able to eat cake, turned in dailies and received anniversary boxes.
  • Dragonslayerdovakiin
    Inaya wrote: »
    Baumlaus wrote: »
    PC EU
    You can "test" for the bug on a character by eating the cake. If you DO get the buff, you are fine. If you do NOT get the buff you are bugged on that char @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I ma not saying that it's related to the cake rather than that that is a way to test wether you are going to be bugged

I got the buff and still did not receive my 7 writ boxes

I had similar thing, i saved yesterdays dailey writs on 3 chars and did them 2x on each in alinor, when i logged to another char i did only todays writs and in vivec, no boxes from that char, also only did cake thing on 1 char this year so that dsent seem to make difference
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saved all my writs from yesterday to turn in today. Im having some characters not get boxes for the first set of 7 writs but will for the second or vise versa. Also having some characters not get boxes for any of the 14 writs they did. Gonna hold off on anymore as i have already missed out on 28 boxes so far today.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    For anniversary boxes, from doing daily writs, I am now 7 out of 21 turn in, all 7 on one character. I am ready to give up on this event.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU
    You can "test" for the bug on a character by eating the cake. If you DO get the buff, you are fine. If you do NOT get the buff you are bugged on that char @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I ma not saying that it's related to the cake rather than that that is a way to test wether you are going to be bugged

I just tried this but unfortunately for me it didn't work!

Here's what I experienced in case it helps someone:

I just logged in (17:30 cet) did the quest and ate the 2020 cake, checked if the buff showed up, which it did.
    The writs I wanted to turn in, were from yesterday. I was trying to turn in at Vivec.
    I kept a close eye on the new item notifications and I didn't see any reward box. Checked inventory afterwards, no box there either. Naturally, I tested this with only one box since I figured the result would be the same on subsequent turnins!
    This is on PC EU, with a max level DC character turning in max level writs.

Update:

I just closed the game and restarted it, wanted to give it one try again in Vivec for test purposes. This time I did receive my boxes, for all writs! However, that one box from my first try is still gone!

Update 2:

Logged to my 2nd character. Deliberately didn't eat cake, the rest of parameters the same as my other char above. I tried to turn in but no boxes again. Guess it's best to hold off a bit if possible, until it's fixed.
    Edited by Gaebriel0410 on April 2, 2020 4:16PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ode2Order wrote: »
    Yeah, I lost boxes to tip board quest in Abah's watch & to arena & wispmother quest in Gold Coast :( thought they just didn't count but apparently they do?

@Ode2Order all daily repeatable quests SHOULD count. The tip board in the Thieves' Den should NOT count, as it is infinitely repeatable (but heists DO). There were issues in last year's anniversary event with the Gold Coast dailies not counting for anniversary boxes when they should - I don't know about the wispmother quest specifically though.

Just a reminder that there is a limit of 50 daily repeatable quests per character. You usually only hit that limit if you start doing Cyrodiil town dailies on a quiet instance.
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, I've been doing some testing this morning. All my alts have an "Alt" add on profile containing 88 add ons including popular ones being used right now such as Lazy Writ Crafter, Unboxer, etc. Please note that none of these toons have the XP Buff from the Jester's Festival on. Here's the data I have:

Toon 1, Vivec / Vvardenfell
    Did anniversary quest, used cake
    No issues - got 14 boxes, 6 motifs, 1 new style page

Toon 2, Vivec / Vvardenfell
    No anniversary quest, used cake
    No issues - got 14 boxes, 2 motifs, 4 new style pages

Toon 3, Vivec / Vvardenfell
    No anniversary quest, no cake
    No issues- got 14 boxes, 1 motif, 2 new style pages

Toon 4, Multiple zones
    No anniversary quest, no cake
    Crafted in Vvardenfell, ported to Alinor for turn in
    1st box loss (appears in rewards list but not inventory)- reloadui
    2nd box loss (appears in rewards list but not inventory)- ported back to Vivec
    3rd box loss (appears in rewards list but not inventory)- ate cake, no XP buff
    After 3rd box loss and no cake XP buff applying, ported to Glenumbra to do the quest...
    Cake buff now applying, 4th box turned in Glenumbra- drops anniversary box

Seems to be related to specific characters, not zones. My suggestion at this time is to test if your cake works on each character, if not- do the quest on that character, test the cake again, if it works try 1 turn in to see if it drops the box. I'll continue to check a few characters to see if this data is consistent. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I can confirm, you have to do the Cake Quest, or at least visit Chef Donlon on each Alt and have him make the cake in order to participate in the Anniversary Rewards.

Also, no Cake Bonus unless you talk to the Chef. The Pie of Misrule is still working.

Note, you do not need the quest starter, Just the Voucher, then go see the Chef, have him make the Cake, then you can proceed as usual

Until they fix this bug

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This is not true
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCEU. 16/18 chars had no issues. Just the two.

No obvious reason. All turned in writs at the same location.

Relogging fixed the problem for my stam necro, tho.
    PC EU
    That did not work for me. Got the buff, but no boxes.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok everyone, we have a lead we're currently chasing. We appreciate everyone's help in testing different theories; you may want to hold off for a bit until we have some news.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mauser12k
    mauser12k
    ✭✭✭
    Have done daily writs on 2 character so far and got boxes for each. Daily in Hew's bane received a box. Just done 2 dailies in Vvardenfell and the 1st one handed in I did not receive a box for it although the quest reward said I got one. Again, 2nd daily in Vvardenfell did not provide me with a physical box although according to quest rewards I should have one.
    I have the cake buff and have received boxes already on this character so do not understand why all of a sudden it stopped (10 daily quests done, so 8/10 boxes received thus far).
    Co-GM of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I tried on 1 character and did NOT get any boxes.

CP 1621 Imperial Templar, AD. I've done the Ache for Cake quest each previous year.

Even though I had the Jester's Festival's XP bonus still Active, I did the new "Ache for Cake" quest (Auridon) and summoned and Ate the Cake. My character screen showed that I DO HAVE the "Anniversary EXP buff".

I bought two Style Pages from Impressario and then went to Vivec City and picked up all Crafting Writ quests and turned them in. I did not receive any anniversary boxes.

Update: I logged off and back on. Everything looked the same, it still says I have the "Anniversary EXP buff" like before, but I did a Daily (Undaunted Delve) and I DID get an Anniversary Box.
    Edited by vailjohn_ESO on April 2, 2020 4:31PM
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Troodon80 You have to get the Quest Ache for Cake to get the Chef to make the Cake. You don't need the Starter thing from the Crown Store, but you do need to pick up a Voucher for the Cake, which starts the quest.

@Ufretin

I only get boxes on Alts that do the Cake thing. So, this bug affects different characters in different ways. In my case, if I don't have the Cake Bonus active, and this only happens after I see the Chef, then eat any years Cake, I do not get the Reward Boxes. So, it is Correct if the Bug Affects your characters. I bet that one of yours that did not get the box, would have if they had eaten the cake.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boxes showed on tooltip from turning in but nothing in bags...PCNA
    Ate the cake but no buff shows

(yeah, did the relog thing and nothing..ah well, will just wait and see what happens.)
    Edited by Joxer61 on April 2, 2020 4:24PM
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    it seems that if you try eating cake and no xp buff applied you dont get boxes so relog it should be ok then but try cake again and if buff applied then you should get boxes other guild members seem to find this is working as temp test/fix for now
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Troodon80 You have to get the Quest Ache for Cake to get the Chef to make the Cake. You don't need the Starter thing from the Crown Store, but you do need to pick up a Voucher for the Cake, which starts the quest.

@Ufretin

I only get boxes on Alts that do the Cake thing. So, this bug affects different characters in different ways. In my case, if I don't have the Cake Bonus active, and this only happens after I see the Chef, then eat any years Cake, I do not get the Reward Boxes. So, it is Correct if the Bug Affects your characters. I bet that one of yours that did not get the box, would have if they had eaten the cake.

well, I turned in quests on all 18 characters on my alt account WITHOUT the cake, didn't even do the quest.

15/18 got boxes. 2/18 had them show up in the drops but not in inventory. 1/18 didn't have them even show up in drops.

So, it's not the cake :smile:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Just handed in crafting writs on 10 characters and got all 70 boxes .... working fine for me on PC EU.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can assure you that you do not. I have tested this multiple times on various characters (both new-ish and old) and it has nothing to do with the quest itself, either having done it in years past, having it in your journal, or completing it now -- having not done any of these on most of my characters. If at first you do not get the cake buff after summoning the cake (having done the quest on your main; as most people will), teleport to somewhere like Daggerfall and check again. This works for me without picking up or doing the quest in any way, shape, or form.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭

@Ufretin

Nope the ones that did not get reward boxes DID eat the cake. All alts did NOT eat cake and got boxes.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems weird, I did daily writs on 13 characters. Had the anniversary cake buff active on 2 of them, of which 1 had done the quest. All characters got boxes without issues. So apparently it works as intended for some players. I'm on PC EU also.
  • Melilotta
    Melilotta
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it's not the cake. My main did the quest, ate the cake, got the buff, did 7 writs in Vivec City, got no boxes.
    A different character didn't do the quest, didn't even go to Stonefalls, and didn't eat the cake, did 7 writs in Vivec City, got all the boxes.

PC EU
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    14 characters, haven't done the new quest on any of them, got boxes on ALL chars from doing writs + yesterday's.

So the "must eat cake" theory doesn't seem legit.
    EU PC
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA. I just tried to turn in writs and got the first two jubilee boxes but stopped short of completing the rest as I noticed when I went to turn in the third, no jubilee box showed up as a reward. Waiting to turn in for a bit, I guess. I did a /reloadui and changed zones to no avail.

*edit to add I did a full restart and they showed up to collect. Hope I don't have to do that each time...
    Edited by Pink_E_808 on April 2, 2020 4:34PM
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU

1st char, no quest , no cake , no boxes

2nd - cake eaten, all boxes

3rd & 4th char cake eaten, I can see the box when I complete the crafting quest but the boxes do not show up in my bag.
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    Update:

Per my previous post, first 3 characters had no issues, then the 4th character I missed 3 boxes until I did the anniversary quest. After using the cake and confirming the XP buff applied, I received boxes. The next two characters went like this:

Toon 5, Vivec / Vvardenfell
    Ate cake - buff applied
    No issues- 14 boxes

Toon 6, Vivec / Vvardenfell
    Ate cake- buff not applied
    Went and did the quest in Auridon, cake buff applied
    No issues thereafter- 14 boxes

I find it interesting that my friend who is also doing writs had the EXACT same pattern with her characters. First 3 toons were okay, 4th toon produced no boxes, 5th toon was okay, 6th toon produced no boxes. Difference between hers and mine is that I went and did the quest after seeing that the cake did not apply an XP buff, so the boxes dropped for me on the 6th toon.
    PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
  • Angtynur
    Angtynur
    Just got the cake, it gives no XP boost, no effects whatsoever, then I did the daily clothing writ, it announced the gift box but it did not go to my inventory.
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA

Did writ turn in a few minutes after reset and did not get boxes. Relogged and then everything was fine on writ turn in on my 9 characters. Ate cake on all characters

StamWarden - Did crafting and a bunch of Undaunted dailies in Stormhaven and everything was fine. Logged in again and did a Summerset daily and did not get a box.

From what I'm hearing it seems very random.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

When I went back to my 3 characters that did not receive an anniversary box on their first writ turn in, after logging through the rest of my characters to complete them, they were able to receive the boxes themselves.

Would point me in the direction that it's instance specific.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • benstuartyoungs_ESO
    Didn't get boxes on my 5th alt. Noticed that the xp buff wasn't applying either. PCNA.

@BenFosse Silverlight Brotherhood guild PC|NA
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Update:

When I went back to my 3 characters that did not receive an anniversary box on their first writ turn in, after logging through the rest of my characters to complete them, they were able to receive the boxes themselves.

Would point me in the direction that it's instance specific.

I'd guess that when you load in any particular character, there is a flag for anniversary event on/off and for some characters, it's setting it to off when it should be on. This may be why the cake test is giving some indication of whether any given character has their flag on. If you eat your cake and get your buff, you are "on". If you don't get your buff, you are "off" and that's why many players who aren't touching the cake are fine. There may be other factors at play as well.